Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WiFi FAQ

Hi, guys. ^^ I came here to ask for a request in help, so here we go:

While in days ago, my Nintendo Wi-Fi working smoothly without any problem. ^^

But as during yesterday while I want to play online, I've noticed my computer doesn't recoznige my Wi-Fi USB, so I tries everything and still not recoznige this thing... Is it broken? Please respond as soon as possible...
    My dream is to become an animator, so after that, I might have to help "someone special".

I'll try my best to raise my Pokemon... Again.

Thank you for your time to read this. ^^

I have a question, how can I find out my WPA Key? I'm looking for that information in case I buy a DSi.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Master Fiona View Post
    I have a question, how can I find out my WPA Key? I'm looking for that information in case I buy a DSi.
    For some Routers that are given part an internet deal, Such as the Sky models, it could be on a label.

In almost all cases, you can plug a PC in to the router and access the router settings, this will show the Current WPA Key, and will allow you alter the settings.

I understand it that current online DS cart games don't work with WPA encoding, even on a DSi.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

Quote Originally Posted by Big Nutter View Post
    For some Routers that are given part an internet deal, Such as the Sky models, it could be on a label.

In almost all cases, you can plug a PC in to the router and access the router settings, this will show the Current WPA Key, and will allow you alter the settings.

I understand it that current online DS cart games don't work with WPA encoding, even on a DSi.
    Thank you for the information. I hope the games I have will work with Wi-Fi. (I'm mostly wanting it for trades and battles. Nothing more).

I'm not sure if this is the right area, but i've had wifi for a while, but a few weeks ago my pc got some virus (dad never told me we didnt have protection anymore... *sigh*), anyway i got Norton Antivirus 360 (In Australia, not sure if that means its different elsewhere) and wifi stopped working, after pressing a few buttons here and there, it's started to work again. BUT i still can't connect, the signal bars go green for a few seconds then go to red. then Error code 23005 (from memory) comes up saying that it cant access the Pc's IP address, does anybody here know how i can fix this?

Its a nintendo usb btw with windows XP

thanks in advance

Spoiler:- Credit:

Quote Originally Posted by tomthepom View Post
    I'm not sure if this is the right area, but i've had wifi for a while, but a few weeks ago my pc got some virus (dad never told me we didnt have protection anymore... *sigh*), anyway i got Norton Antivirus 360 (In Australia, not sure if that means its different elsewhere) and wifi stopped working, after pressing a few buttons here and there, it's started to work again. BUT i still can't connect, the signal bars go green for a few seconds then go to red. then Error code 23005 (from memory) comes up saying that it cant access the Pc's IP address, does anybody here know how i can fix this?

Its a nintendo usb btw with windows XP

thanks in advance
    Chances are Norton is blocking the Nintendo Wifi dongle setting. I spend most of a month with Laptop trying to work out why I couldn't access my own Network Printer.

I don't use Norton 360 or a Nintendo Wifi Dongle, so I can't tell how to fix it, besides look in the firewall software and Change some Blocks to Allow.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

thanks i've had a try at that, but it still wont work D:

Spoiler:- Credit:

I'm an amateur at this technology stuff, but will X-Box 360 S (WPA) be able to connect to the Router (WPA2-Personal; cannot be changed in any circumstance)?

<Made by Flame Haze SnS>
    ~Reincarnated from Dark Absol to Flame Haze SnS~
    To become a Flame Haze, one must be a vessel for the Lord of the Crimson Realm
    Anime Character Bishie: Shana from Shakugan no Shana
    Currently playing: Hyrule Warriors (Wii U) and Assassin's Creed - Rogue (X-Box 360 S)

Where can you buy a wifi usb in australia??!

The official Nintendo Wi-Fi dongles were discontinued long ago.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

i have the internet thing for my dsi when its on the main menu <----(it works fine) but When i try to connect to anything wi-fi on my pokemon diamond
    the bars go red..................green.......red [I]NO ACCSESS POINT IN RANGER ERROR CODE: 52000[I] what do i do? can anyone help?
    Last edited by DarumakkaImposter; 6th March 2011 at 6:31 AM.
    I mod the Smogon Forums. Feel free to ask me any questions!

Default help with wi-fi

hello people. i really need help cause the legendary shiny beasts event is almost done and recantly my family got virgin media broadband hub and it does not have a wep key. we bought the usb thing but it said that the computor is not compatible. and later we found out that it only works for xp and i have vista and i really need help so if anyone can reply somehow then plz can u tell me how!

My wi-fi connection worked just fine until today! Now I started having error code 52000 (I can't find my IP that is)! I don't think anyone has changed any settings so I really don't understand how this could happen..

Every time I wanted to connect to my wi-fi, I needed to change this PC's password type to WEP instead of WPA. This change caused all other PCs in our house but mine to be unable to access the internet while I use the WEP password type!
    when I change the type back to WPA, everyone else is able to access the internet too. Usually this has worked just fine, but today even though I change it to WEP, I can't access wi-fi connection!

I already tried following Nintendo's guide and manually set up the settings but it didn't work :S

Oh and also.. My wi-fi connection had problems yesterday too! When I was in the wi-fi room, I could see any others there (even though they actually were in!) The problem went away when I reconnected to the wi-fi room.. Others could see me but I couldn't see them, in other words.

Please help me!
    Last edited by GoldNinja; 4th March 2011 at 11:27 PM.
    White FC: 0991 4384 5305
    Name: Mia

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by GoldNinja View Post
    My wi-fi connection worked just fine until today! Now I started having error code 52000 (I can't find my IP that is)! I don't think anyone has changed any settings so I really don't understand how this could happen..

Every time I wanted to connect to my wi-fi, I needed to change this PC's password type to WEP instead of WPA. This change caused all other PCs in our house but mine to be unable to access the internet while I use the WEP password type!
    when I change the type back to WPA, everyone else is able to access the internet too. Usually this has worked just fine, but today even though I change it to WEP, I can't access wi-fi connection!

I already tried following Nintendo's guide and manually set up the settings but it didn't work :S

Oh and also.. My wi-fi connection had problems yesterday too! When I was in the wi-fi room, I could see any others there (even though they actually were in!) The problem went away when I reconnected to the wi-fi room.. Others could see me but I couldn't see them, in other words.

Please help me!
    Nintendo's Pokémon Servers are apparently being hit hard today.. Today is the first day, for European Black/White games. And due to the fact that there is a new Area available for Japanese games, everyone is hitting Nintendo Wifi. (Actually this Area was available at day one, it just so happens that today was the first time anyone can use it.)
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

Quote Originally Posted by Big Nutter View Post
    Nintendo's Pokémon Servers are apparently being hit hard today.. Today is the first day, for European Black/White games. And due to the fact that there is a new Area available for Japanese games, everyone is hitting Nintendo Wifi. (Actually this Area was available at day one, it just so happens that today was the first time anyone can use it.)
    YES! So I didn't mess it up after all.. Gosh I'm relieved! Thank you, thank you thank you~
    White FC: 0991 4384 5305
    Name: Mia

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If I on wifi from a thing where you hook the computer up, would I have to go through everything on the first page?
    For the best book recommendations!

FC: 4167-5603-4051
    Gotta have one for me and one for one of my best friends on here!

~credit to Astral Shadow for buttons
    ~credit to CrystalNinetales for the userbar

Quote Originally Posted by Ambree View Post
    If I on wifi from a thing where you hook the computer up, would I have to go through everything on the first page?
    You may want to look at everything below the heading: Settings to keep things simple.

I should point out that some IPS who offer Wireless routers as part of the connection actually give guides on how to get a DS online.

Normally Setting up a DS isn't much harder than setting up the PC/Laptop.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

Thank you
    i wasnt sure if that was an acual router or not.
    I am not very good with things out side of playing on the computer
    For the best book recommendations!

FC: 4167-5603-4051
    Gotta have one for me and one for one of my best friends on here!

~credit to Astral Shadow for buttons
    ~credit to CrystalNinetales for the userbar

My Nintendo DS won't connect to the internet we have at my new house at university. It's a Virgin wireless router, I'm not sure whether that matters or not and if the specific type is important I can find out.

The DS does know that the router is there, the problem is that 'The access point's security settings are not supported by the Nintendo DS'.

So, is this a problem that can be fixed? It's not the DS, because it can connect fine at my hometown house. What do I have to do?

Quote Originally Posted by The Benmeister View Post
    My Nintendo DS won't connect to the internet we have at my new house at university. It's a Virgin wireless router, I'm not sure whether that matters or not and if the specific type is important I can find out.

The DS does know that the router is there, the problem is that 'The access point's security settings are not supported by the Nintendo DS'.

So, is this a problem that can be fixed? It's not the DS, because it can connect fine at my hometown house. What do I have to do?
    Well, I've got some good news and bad news.

The good news is that I beleive that your router is using WPA encoding, while the DS games can not use this. (DSi-enhanced and 3DS Games on DSi or 3DS can connect to the network.) You can alter the settings of the router, to support a DS. I think that you can find the way to set it up via Virgin's site.

The bad news altering the settings will force every Wifi device to manually reconnect to router. If it's not yours, you may not even have access. Also it's less secure.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

Hmm. I'll have to look into doing that then. Seems too annoying to bother with just at the moment though. Thanks =)

My nintendo DS Lite (or my 3DS for that matter) won't connect to the regular DS Wifi, but I'm pretty sure it's WEP security, this has happened in early 2010, when I got kicked out of the wifi room in Platinum all of a sudden.
    If it's needed, the type of router is a D-Link, DSL-2640T.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12