Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Getting Your Wii or DS Online

Quote Originally Posted by BlueMew7 View Post
    What kind of user error? And how do you even set up this adapter?
    Exactly. Just run a boardwide search - or heck, just confine it to Tech Help - for "USB adapter" or anything similar and you'll find thread after thread of people who can't get theirs to work.

Now again, maybe it's just the case of people having problems being the most vocal - people who got their adapter working just fine certainly aren't going to make threads about it - but it's worth noting just the same.

And this is all moot, given that the adapter was discontinued last year.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

CRAP!!! Ok, let's see. So tell me, what router would you reccomend for a ds? Show me a router with a reasonable price.
    The rain whips the lonely and crushed soul
    The dark clouds are closing fast, the wind is blowing the colors of life away.
    The growing shadow will darken my dreams, and with the fire inside me it feeds
    I'll be screaming in the stars when it's over
    Storms are raging on the path to home, once so silent and calm
    the desperate glare of the dark light is cast on the fallen one
    And when the illusions sigh no more, the journey to new dream will carry on
    'cause life is just a beautiful death

That would be entirely up to you. Look through retailer listings and see who has the best prices and then cross-reference your findings with Nintendo's list of incompatible routers.

-----
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    A Platinum user attempting to enter a Wi-Fi battle using any Pokémon not found in D/P - that'd be the new formes for Giratina, Shaymin and Rotom - will be refused from doing so. They're compatible in every other way.
    Won't they just change formes, or will they be 'kicked' from the battle?
    [IMG]http://i41.*******.com/w9aeyv.jpg[/IMG]

need help. my router is working one minute and the next i cant connect on my ds or my wii what could cause the problem.
    Diamond-4854 4990 3033

Looking For-shiny dratini,shiny gible,shiny charmander,shiny treeko

Quote Originally Posted by wbhops45 View Post
    need help. my router is working one minute and the next i cant connect on my ds or my wii what could cause the problem.
    There is a serious lack of information, to diagnose your problem.

The same thing happened to me yesterday. That is down to a component that My ISP uses has failed, and my net refuses to run faster than Modem!
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

sorry about that. well anyway like i said it was working then it quit and i tried o connect again and i went to the nintendo website to check the error code and it said that the problem is caused by wep issues and i cant figure out what to do
    Diamond-4854 4990 3033

If it's a WEP problem, make sure you have the correct WEP key entered into your DS. And if you're unsure what a WEP key is, there's only so much anyone can do for you.

-----
    Words to|live by

i know i have been trying everything that people have said to do but none of it is working
    Last edited by Erik Destler; 1st August 2009 at 6:53 AM.
    Diamond-4854 4990 3033

its not on nintendos wesite on how to connect to the internet with your ds through a Tiscali Siemens gigaset SE587 WLAN dsl??
    any help?
    name:Chan
    diamond code: 1547 7229 3791
    platinum code: 2192 3760 6905

'BRNG THE RAIN'

I have a problem with my ds. I have been trying to trade and i am able to get on wifi with my ds but when i try to trade with some people my ds gives me an error code but by some luck i was able to just trade with one person. I don't know why my ds allowed me to make that trade but no others. Please help if anyone can. Thanks in advance.
    Name Hala
    Diamond FC 2020 5669 2573
    Platinum FC 3781 7232 6474

Default I have a problem

i have a problem it my wi fi conection , my error code is 52000 . he cant find the ip or something . . . help me pls

I get the same 52000 error. It says it can't obtain an IP address, and that I should check the DHCP settings (or move within range, but I am in range and it still gives the error even when sitting right nect to the modem). I looked it up on the nintendo wfc website and it said it might be because my modem issues static IPs? But none of us at home have any idea what it's talking about.
    is my squishy. Isn't he cute?

My sister, the axe-murderer. Those poor, innocent axes; cut down in the prime of their lives.

I'm afraid of flying. You would be too, if you died in a 'plane crash!

I need a router that connects my DS and Wii to Wi-Fi. Out of these, which one should I get?
    http://www.futureshop.ca/search/sear...=EN&search=KWS
    Respond ASAP. Thanks.

Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

I am able to use the gts on all of my games and the wifi plaza on my platinum, but when I try to trade in the pokemon center basement I can see my friend's name but when we try to trade one or the other of us gets error code 86420. He claims to have successfully traded before but this is my first time to trade in the basement.

You can connect to the router and the signal is fine, but suddenly drops
    1. There might be an IP conflict.

1. Click on Start and then Run. Type "cmd" and press OK. If you are using Windows Vista, press CRTL+Shift+Enter instead of pressing OK. If you do not have a Run command, go to Start, then All Programs, then Accessories. Click on "Command Prompt".
    2. In Command Prompt, type in "ipconfig/all". This will list a bunch of IP addresses.
    3. Look for an entry called IPv4 Address or IP Address. This should start with 192.168.1.xx
    4. When you connect your DS to the Wi-Fi network, set its IP 10 higher than the very last number in your PC's IP address. For example, if your IP address is 192.168.1.0, set your DS's to 192.168.1.10
    5. Find the Subnet Mask, Default Gateway, Primary DNS and Secondary DNS values and input them into your DS. DNS values may not be explicitly listed as Primary and Secondary. In this case, if it ends up being a list, enter the first two values.
    6. Test your connection to see if this worked.

2. There's interference between the router and the unit. Remember, the DS must be within 30 feet of the router, preferably without say a cordless phone or microwave in between.
    3. Router may be malfunctioning. Check to make sure that other computers are fine.
    I stood next to my wireless router, it dropped to red from 3 bars at the last second.
    The wireless is working fine for my computer.
    I changed all the settings.

I am still going from 3 bars to 0 with error code 52100.
    To top it all off nintendowifi.com isn't working for me.

I did a wi-fi battle just this morning.

Edit: It repaired itself, I don't know how.
    Last edited by Dave.; 22nd August 2009 at 11:23 PM.

My current wireless router is WPA encrypted and I am able to connect on my DSi to access the DSi Browser etc but not WIFI on any of my games. Is there anyway to change from WPA to WEP so I am able to connect my Platinum online?

Thanks~

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleMew View Post
    My current wireless router is WPA encrypted and I am able to connect on my DSi to access the DSi Browser etc but not WIFI on any of my games. Is there anyway to change from WPA to WEP so I am able to connect my Platinum online?

Thanks~
    Yes there is. But you need to alter the settings on the router and any Wireless device that uses the Router. Each model of router is different, you need find out how to do this in yours.

Most of the time you'll have to type a web address that looks like this http://127.0.0.0/ (This one is not a vaild one, it's reserved for "Local Host")
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

also when ure on the router settings and wireless change the channel to 12
    I have lots of events and few shinies. PM With Offers

What I Want
    EV'd pokes
    Shinies
    Events i dont have

All of my pokemon are legit and I want to keep it that way.

I can also breed all starters for rare candies

Quote Originally Posted by Veyerus View Post
    also when ure on the router settings and wireless change the channel to 12
    I assume this is "Advice." It's usually better to explain WHY you should do something.

Changing to Channel 12: This is not always recommended or EVEN LEGAL depending on your location. It is ILLEGAL use Channel 12 in the USA, without restrictions.

Now here is the Advice I'd Give:

To Speed up your Wireless Network, you should find out which Channels are in use in your local Area. (You may need to download some Freeware to find this out.) Choose a empty slot, ideally that it's the centre of run of free slots. Avoid using ones that are in use.

Example: If channel 2, 6, 8 and 10 are taken, The best place would be Channel 4.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

I have trouble getting my DS to connect to WiFi. I know its because my router is WPA.

I have the 2wire model from the picture

As you can see, I've done my research. Their instructions worked BUT when I change to WEP my laptop and Wii disconnect from the internet. I figured out how to get m Wii to connect while under WPA or WEP but my laptop only works in WPA and the DS in WEP.

How can I get all 3 connected at the same time?
    Pokemon Mafia Revelations is here at last

Unless your laptop was cobbled together out of ten-year-old parts and is held together with spit, bailing wire and bubble gum while running Windows 95, there is no way your laptop "only" works with WPA.

Switch your router to WEP and then on your laptop, access the settings for your home Wi-Fi connection (not for the router - for the connection your router is broadcasting) and change the security protocol from WPA to WEP; this will require the WEP key, but there's no reason it shouldn't work. Do the same on your Wii.

-----
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    Unless your laptop was cobbled together out of ten-year-old parts and is held together with spit, bailing wire and bubble gum while running Windows 95, there is no way your laptop "only" works with WPA.

Switch your router to WEP and then on your laptop, access the settings for your home Wi-Fi connection (not for the router - for the connection your router is broadcasting) and change the security protocol from WPA to WEP; this will require the WEP key, but there's no reason it shouldn't work. Do the same on your Wii.
    I got it. I had switched my laptop to WEP shared like support.nintendo told me to but when I tried open it worked
    Last edited by fongerman; 6th October 2009 at 2:29 AM.

You do need to make sure you reset everything to one setting, that is including the laptop!
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

Quote Originally Posted by Big Nutter View Post
    You do need to make sure you reset everything to one setting, that is including the laptop!
    yea. That's what I was doing. My laptop didn't work in WEP shared. It only works in WEP open

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast