Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Thread: Getting Your Wii or DS Online

I've got a problem. I can't connect my DS Lite to the internet. The internet router in question is a Virgin Mobile MiFi card. Whenever I try, I get a "Security settings not supported by Nintendo DS" message. My DSi connects just fine to it. Note that I have only tried with my Black/White, not my White 2, which this is a problem for, since it's region locked and means I can't go on wifi with White 2.

Credit to Beck for the RNG userbar.
    As of August 18th 2012, I resigned as a CG leader.

SkittyOnWailord is offline ☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣

Quote Originally Posted by x_vandslaux_x View Post
    I've got a problem. I can't connect my DS Lite to the internet. The internet router in question is a Virgin Mobile MiFi card. Whenever I try, I get a "Security settings not supported by Nintendo DS" message. My DSi connects just fine to it. Note that I have only tried with my Black/White, not my White 2, which this is a problem for, since it's region locked and means I can't go on wifi with White 2.
    DSphat and DSlite only support WEP encription. My guess is you're using WPA which won't work with those DS's.

Quote Originally Posted by Molatte View Post
    I've been getting error 52000 for a while now. I've tried manual setup and I even manually input the IP address, subnet mask, and so on. After I do so, I try reconnecting my DS to my Router (not listed on Nintendo's list of routers) and for about two minutes it's able to get full bars and afterwards would drop down to no bars at all. Error 52100 comes up.

Anyone got any suggestions? My iPad, Blackberry etc all have no problem connecting to the network that my Router has. (in case someone is wondering, my router is TP-Link)
    I would assume that's the problem you're having too.
    なにがでるかな!?

I'm here, I'm furry, And I'll try not to shed. =^_^=

Chimecho👉🎐 Octillery👉🐙 Piplup👉🐧 Omanyte👉🐚 Scolipede👉🐛 Wailord👉🐳 Lumineon👉🐠 Torkoal👉🐢 Pidove👉🐤 Skitty👉🐱

Thanks, problem fixed

Really nice guide, too bad I'm not techy enough to understand it all. Ok, so I have WPA at home which I know is not compatible with a DS lite (I'm stuck with the WPA cause thats what my mom changed it to). Is there anything else I can do to get my DS lite on wifi? Also, at school even though there is no wifi in the dorm rooms the campus has wifi, also not compatible with a DS lite. Can't I use a USB adapter or something on my laptop to help get my DS on wifi at home or at school?

Edit: Ok, I checked and at home we have the 2WIRE832. Is it possible for me to buy a WEP router just for myself and use it in the same house? Would that interfere with our current wifi settings? I don't know if this is a stupid question but is there anyway for me to do this without changing the 2 wire:

Internet-->2wire-->wire-->linksy/wep?

Edit again: My school website says that it is able to support guest users and it is not an encrypted wireless network. Nevertheless it has not been compatible with my DS lite. However I have no problem using the campus wifi with my laptop. Hope for using a USB adaptor here?
    Last edited by Birds of Paradise; 7th August 2012 at 9:21 PM.
    Credit to Mew_ for the pokemon banner, Equal-to-Heaven for the braviary clock, ~.:Northern Lights:.~ for the pokemon badge, and the shiny card made by me

Friend code: 0533-5377-8837
    I have normal type (minccino, dunsparce and smeargle)

Spoiler:- My shiny card:
    [IMG]http://i41.*******.com/2vs1amu.jpg[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i41.*******.com/2vhzyoj.jpg[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Birds of Paradise View Post
    Can't I use a USB adapter or something on my laptop to help get my DS on wifi at home or at school?
    No. Nintendo once marketed a USB Wi-Fi adapter, but it has long, long since gone out of production.

Is it possible for me to buy a WEP router just for myself and use it in the same house?
    If you don't think buying a whole second router is a waste of money.

Hope for using a USB adaptor here?
    Most building-wide Wi-Fi connections, like those found in most dormitory buildings, have security settings that don't usually allow for that.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

SkittyOnWailord is offline ☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    No. Nintendo once marketed a USB Wi-Fi adapter, but it has long, long since gone out of production.
    http://www.toysrus.co.jp/product/pro...900&top_id=001

Toys R Us Japan would like a word with you.

But the cheapest and easiest way to do what you want Birds of Paradise's would be to buy another router for your home. I'm not completely sure if it'll effect anything else on that network though. I'm sure someone else here could answer that.
    なにがでるかな!?

I'm here, I'm furry, And I'll try not to shed. =^_^=

Chimecho👉🎐 Octillery👉🐙 Piplup👉🐧 Omanyte👉🐚 Scolipede👉🐛 Wailord👉🐳 Lumineon👉🐠 Torkoal👉🐢 Pidove👉🐤 Skitty👉🐱

Yeah, I wouldn't mind getting a second router, and I can always lean towards the cheap ones..(I don't care if its slow so long as it gets me on there)...its really frustrating not being able to go on GTS, dream world or trade with other people..at least now I know that its possible, thanks guys . I'm thinking that it should not be too hard for two routers to be working at the same time but now I know its worth the time to look into it
    Last edited by Birds of Paradise; 11th August 2012 at 7:52 AM.
    Credit to Mew_ for the pokemon banner, Equal-to-Heaven for the braviary clock, ~.:Northern Lights:.~ for the pokemon badge, and the shiny card made by me

Friend code: 0533-5377-8837
    I have normal type (minccino, dunsparce and smeargle)

Spoiler:- My shiny card:
    [IMG]http://i41.*******.com/2vs1amu.jpg[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i41.*******.com/2vhzyoj.jpg[/IMG]

Ok, so my 3DS used to be able to connect to Wi-Fi, now it can't. :/

My Wii can still connect just fine, and I haven't touched the settings on the router or the 3DS itself. Anyone have an idea of what's wrong?

hello,

As many may know already nintendo just can't get the internet/online gaming right...
    i have a Nintendo 3DS-XL, i have a WPA wifi Router(see where I'm going)... i know that for 4th Gen unless you change your Router settings to WEP it will not work on the 3DS.
    Now since i've heard about the 5th Gen being DSI enhanced which should support WPA Wifi, has anyone in the 3ds been able to connect with a WPA connection on 5th Gen? If not then does anyone know if B/W2 will support WPA? Thanks in advance! I will not buy 5th until i know for sure.

Hello, I've been trying to download the latest version of the Nintendo Wifi USB Connector from the Nintendo website but when I try to "extract the files" I get the message saying that the folder is empty and then it goes on to talk about copying the files? I've never been tech savy so this stuff really confuses me. I've tried deleting the program & downloading it again, only to get the same result. I've also tried downloading earlier versions, only to get the same result. Have any of you guys had the same trouble?

Quote Originally Posted by Goku3s6zz View Post
    hello,

As many may know already nintendo just can't get the internet/online gaming right...
    i have a Nintendo 3DS-XL, i have a WPA wifi Router(see where I'm going)... i know that for 4th Gen unless you change your Router settings to WEP it will not work on the 3DS.
    Now since i've heard about the 5th Gen being DSI enhanced which should support WPA Wifi, has anyone in the 3ds been able to connect with a WPA connection on 5th Gen? If not then does anyone know if B/W2 will support WPA? Thanks in advance! I will not buy 5th until i know for sure.
    The 3DS should work with Most, if not all, WPA Wifi routers. The 5th Gen games will work with WPA wifi routers, in either a 3DS 3DS XL DSi or DSiXL. However, you will need to set up the Wifi settings on the device.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

Can someone just clear this up for me please! I've just got a second DS (DSlite) for using the memory link and trading with my previous games, and I want to connect it to my internet.
    I've read how to do it, but am I likely to encounter any problems? (I cant risk losing internet access on my mums laptop, she'd go mad)

So I change my WPA to WEP in the settings, then get a key, then enter that into my DS Lite... and I'm guessing I do the same on both laptops, smart phone and 3DS? Will WEP work with all these?

I'm a total technophobe, and I'm just worried that I'll leave the family internetless :| If something goes horribly wrong, do I just need to do a hard reset or something on my router, or will I have to call the provider? (if that's the case, I'll do it in the morning)

Thanks

Name: Pinky
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

19/08/2012 - First time I've completed the Dex since 1999.

I don't use uber Pokemon , I don't calculate stat values, I don't use cheating devices, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature. (Started by Tyranitar)

Quote Originally Posted by Charazemma View Post
    Can someone just clear this up for me please! I've just got a second DS (DSlite) for using the memory link and trading with my previous games, and I want to connect it to my internet.
    I've read how to do it, but am I likely to encounter any problems? (I cant risk losing internet access on my mums laptop, she'd go mad)

So I change my WPA to WEP in the settings, then get a key, then enter that into my DS Lite... and I'm guessing I do the same on both laptops, smart phone and 3DS? Will WEP work with all these?

I'm a total technophobe, and I'm just worried that I'll leave the family internetless :| If something goes horribly wrong, do I just need to do a hard reset or something on my router, or will I have to call the provider? (if that's the case, I'll do it in the morning)

Thanks
    Most wifi setups on Computers have support for WEP Encoding. The Code is however a pain to insert.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

I have a question...

Does Black 2/White 2 capable of something other than WEP? Or does the other systems of Nintnendo DS allow me to use other connections than just WEP?

Reason I'm asking is that I have a Nintendo DS and it only does WEP connectivity. I don't have a computer or a network of my own, and I have realized that Wi-Fi spots that only do WEP are virtually non-existant, they have something that is better. As for the coffee house where I found and was using for a couple weeks, basically told me I have to be a customer in order to use it. I was so mad because I have not had or was aware of such things, so because they were quite rude about it, I'm not going there again. Unless I can get a WEP only wifi hotspot locator, I won't be able to be online at all.

Sorry if this is the wrong forumn, just had to get it out of my system.

All Generation V titles can connect using the more advanced security protocols. Anything newer than (and including) the DSi can do the same.

However, a considerable majority of public Wi-Fi connections will continue to be of no use to you regardless, as many of them require you to use a browser to accept a ToS before you can use the connection.
    Last edited by BCVM22; 18th September 2012 at 1:01 AM.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by tailmister View Post
    I have a question...

Does Black 2/White 2 capable of something other than WEP? Or does the other systems of Nintnendo DS allow me to use other connections than just WEP?

Reason I'm asking is that I have a Nintendo DS and it only does WEP connectivity. I don't have a computer or a network of my own, and
    I have realized that Wi-Fi spots that only do WEP are virtually non-existant, they have something that is better. As for the coffee house where I found and was using for a couple weeks, basically told me I have to be a customer in order to use it. I was so mad because I have not had or was aware of such things, so because they were quite rude about it, I'm not going there again. Unless I can get a WEP only wifi hotspot locator, I won't be able to be online at all

Sorry if this is the wrong forumn, just had to get it out of my system.
    All devices after the Nintendo DS are WPA and WEP compatible. [5th Generation and 6th Generation] Although, WPA is not a common public network security. For example, in Pokemon Pearl, the network required is WEP. But, in Soul Silver, WPA and WEP can be used.
    Last edited by Legendarys; 20th September 2012 at 10:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Legendarys View Post
    All devices after the Nintendo DS are WPA and WEP compatible. [5th Generation and 6th Generation] Although, WPA is not a common public network security. For example, in Pokemon Pearl, the network required is WEP. But, in Soul Silver, WPA and WEP can be used.
    Acutually Soul Silver and Heart Gold can not use WPA, and they're are 4th gen. Currently, the only main series Pokémon games that support WPA are Black and White, and Black 2 and White 2.

6th gen is currently unannounced, but many suspect it will be for the 3DS.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

Wow, Gen 6?

I mean, really?

Seriously?

Another solution is to buy a USB Wi-Fi Connector, but here's the catch: it doesn't have to be the one that Jess is referencing. They're easy to find, just look on Google Shopping or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Nutter t.KK View Post
    Acutually Soul Silver and Heart Gold can not use WPA, and they're are 4th gen. Currently, the only main series Pokémon games that support WPA are Black and White, and Black 2 and White 2.

6th gen is currently unannounced, but many suspect it will be for the 3DS.
    Thank you for pointing this out! I was so worried that we could only use WEP with all or my games. I am so grateful to know that I can finally connect to Wi-Fi once again!
    Four Shinies now! Zara (Audino, female) (10/24/12), Kiki (Ledian, female) (10/16/13), Ivy (Carnivine, female) (10/31/13), Hoshi (Relicanth, male) (11/16/13)
    Friend Safari: Rock (Dwebble, Onix, and Shuckle)
    3DS FC: 2380-2837-4651 Name: Hy6507
    I have officially claimed Chespin!
    Current hunt: Chespin (MM) 200 eggs!

For those of you who have unlisted routers, and are not sure whether or not your router is compatable w/ ds and wii wi-fi, here is a list of all known routers, listed or not, compatable and not...

Mods, did you already know of such a list? If so, then I apologize for this post. Just thought of helping those of you who are unsure whether or not a router in their house is compatable w/ nintendo wi-fi, and don't want to waste time trying to connect to find out whether or not their router works in the event others have difficulties with that same router when trying to access wi-fi...
    Last edited by gregjammer; 28th February 2013 at 5:14 AM.
    My D/P FC: 4255-0421-2254
    My Pt FC: 2450-0507-5436(old)
    My HG FC:3524-8966-7093(old)
    My black FC: 0691-4324-8351
    My black 2 FC: 3440-0907-8860
    My Y FC: 4038-6458-7352

Hi there, I was wondering if you could get a Nintendo DS online using an iPhone's wifi hotspot option?
    Blaziken FTW!

Hi, I'm having a problem with SoulSilver.
    I connected my DSi to the internet already, I've tested it a few times already. But then, I try to configure the WFC settings at the game's main screen (where you get all those options, 'Mystery Egg' etc.), and it tells me to configure my DS settings.
    I've also tried directly going into the Wi-Fi Club, but I'm never able to connect.

Any help appreciated.

Edit: Never mind, I just read you need to change to WEP, which I don't see my mother doing.
    Last edited by RoySceptile; 14th April 2013 at 5:43 PM.

Hi, I'm tryin to connect my DS Lite and the White game which I'm playing says user data and game card data do not match. My DS is not connecting to the Internet. How do I do so?

anyone have a universal master key for dsi? i need it for stuff

Officially claimed Dominic Santiego from the Gears of war series

Friend code:
    3ds: 2509 2089 0857

Black ice never dies. cut one head off, another two grow back. Just look in the miror and see that you will crumble before the might of Black ice.
    http://blackice.forumotion.com/

Visit the Black Ice youtube channel today and Subscribe!https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVU...PN_n9LOvZtmhxQ

I just changed my WIFI connection from WPA to WEP, but it still says "No Compatibale Networks" when I try to connect on Pokemon: Soul Silver. I am able to connect my DS, so I know it's not a problem with the DS.

Anyone have a clue as to why I'm still having a problem? I've read that Soul Silver is compatible with WEP security.
    Current Teams:

Ghost/Dark

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast