Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: Getting Your Wii or DS Online

Quote Originally Posted by Nero_Tethras View Post
    I just changed my WIFI connection from WPA to WEP, but it still says "No Compatibale Networks" when I try to connect on Pokemon: Soul Silver. I am able to connect my DS, so I know it's not a problem with the DS.

Anyone have a clue as to why I'm still having a problem? I've read that Soul Silver is compatible with WEP security.
    You could try inputting the SSID and WEP key manually. Alternatively, you could remove your network's security and hide it (set the display SSID setting to not broadcast). The second one is what I do when I want to make trades or battle and then I change the security back when I am done.
    Black 2 Friend Code: 1808 4033 9263
    3DS Friend Code: 3840 6596 8675
    (Seriously, add me for the new safari zone and PM me your FC)

I tried inputting it all manually, but I'm still getting the "No compatible Networks" error. Removing the security completely didn't seem to work either. Thanks for the advice though, Justubbit.

Anyone know of some other fix I could try?
    Current Teams:

Ghost/Dark

Quote Originally Posted by Nero_Tethras View Post
    I tried inputting it all manually, but I'm still getting the "No compatible Networks" error. Removing the security completely didn't seem to work either. Thanks for the advice though, Justubbit.

Anyone know of some other fix I could try?
    If you are trying to connect with a DSi, you might need to connect through the DSi settings at the homescreen and not in-game. If you are using a normal ds, it might be a problem with your DS's wireless card, which would be really unfortunate :/
    Black 2 Friend Code: 1808 4033 9263
    3DS Friend Code: 3840 6596 8675
    (Seriously, add me for the new safari zone and PM me your FC)

Quote Originally Posted by justTDUBBit View Post
    If you are trying to connect with a DSi, you might need to connect through the DSi settings at the homescreen and not in-game. If you are using a normal ds, it might be a problem with your DS's wireless card, which would be really unfortunate :/
    I'm actually using a 3DS, does that change anything?
    Current Teams:

Ghost/Dark

Did you try to change the Wifi settings in the game menu aswell or just on the 3DS itself?

Button by WereDragn
    Looking for Feedback (no registration required)
    (oh yeah, if you didn't know, my PM box is still full...)

Look, here is a small and probalby stupid question: if i change my router to wep, than connect my DS lite and than change it to wpa2 again, will i still be able to get on the internet?
    VM or PM to join, members are always appreciated
    Made by GoggleWaddleDee
    Made by Cloneydew2000 ((click to go to his page))
    Viewing all pokemon anime episodes ((main episodes)). Last episode watched: 040 : The Battling Eevee Brothers

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Swalot View Post
    Look, here is a small and probalby stupid question: if i change my router to wep, than connect my DS lite and than change it to wpa2 again, will i still be able to get on the internet?
    No, The most routers will not allow the DS lite to use the Connection after you change it back to WPA2.

Some Routers can be set up to allow two wifi networks one being a WPA and the other a WEP Network.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

well, another question: Can I use my mobile Phone or my latop as a router for my DS lite. Because I have tried setting up but it doesnt work. But maybe I do something wrong.
    Laptop : Acer Aspire 7750 i3-2330M, 4GB
    Mobil Phone : HTC 500 Desire
    Made by GoggleWaddleDee
    Viewing all pokemon anime episodes ((main episodes)). Last episode watched: 040 : The Battling Eevee Brothers

SkittyOnWailord is offline ☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣

well, another question: Can I use my mobile Phone or my latop as a router for my DS lite. Because I have tried setting up but it doesnt work. But maybe I do something wrong.
    Laptop : Acer Aspire 7750 i3-2330M, 4GB
    Mobil Phone : HTC 500 Desire
    Yes you can (as long as it supports a WEP connection). I've used my phone as a mobile hotspot for my DS/3DS before. Though it's going to be pretty slow and you won't really be able to play any multiplayer games on it. I just used mine to download some Pokemon wondercards or put my Pokemon to sleep for the dream world.
    なにがでるかな!?

I'm here, I'm furry, And I'll try not to shed. =^_^=

Chimecho👉🎐 Octillery👉🐙 Piplup👉🐧 Omanyte👉🐚 Scolipede👉🐛 Wailord👉🐳 Lumineon👉🐠 Torkoal👉🐢 Pidove👉🐤 Skitty👉🐱

Do I need to use to make any special changes?
    Made by GoggleWaddleDee

SkittyOnWailord is offline ☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣

Do I need to use to make any special changes?
    I'm not sure of your phone's exact settings.

I just went under settings > Tethering and Mobile HotSpot > on.

Though I did have to set the security options to open, which is known to be risky. But I got around that by setting the maximum number of connections to 1 so once I've connected my DS/3DS to it then noone else can connect. I'm using a Galaxy Note 2 if it matters.
    なにがでるかな!?

I'm here, I'm furry, And I'll try not to shed. =^_^=

Chimecho👉🎐 Octillery👉🐙 Piplup👉🐧 Omanyte👉🐚 Scolipede👉🐛 Wailord👉🐳 Lumineon👉🐠 Torkoal👉🐢 Pidove👉🐤 Skitty👉🐱

I just bought a 3ds XL today, and I'm wondering if Black 2 is compatible with a WPA2 router. I've read that some DSi games can use the 3ds' connection, such as B2/W2. I have my 3ds system setup with the connection, but B2 remains unconnected, having the message "Please configure your connection settings under the Internet option in the System Settings." I went to the DS Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection Setup, but it remains to be WEP only. C'mon, I just wanna trade... (just gotta avoid those level 9 or under Reshirams and Zekroms).

EDIT: Got it fixed! I had to do a game sync, since the old FC's/Pal Pad/ other wifi settings were set into the DS lite.
    Last edited by Spawty; 15th October 2013 at 4:10 AM.
    Latest Shiny (8/6/14)
    Obtained via: MM Egg 76
    X: 2723-9673-8419
    FS:

3ds help someone!! Okay so I've just got a 3ds for Christmas today and I'm trying to download the event torchic but to do that it says I need to agree to the terms and policies but when I go to do this it just gives me an error message saying 'You cannot view the user agreement as the network services defined therein are unavailable in your region'. It also wont let me trade or battle with anyone. The problem is definitely specific to my region (UK) and as such I can't be the only one in the UK who's had this problem right. Any help you can give me so I can get the torchic and trade and battle will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    Last edited by Lord Fighting; 26th December 2013 at 11:50 AM.
    Credit to Sworn Metalhead for the amazing banner.

Pokegyms Ice leader. Masters league Steel leader.

Credit to Astral Shadow for the userbar and Kida-Ookami for the badge.

I got a new 3DS for Christmas today and I'm already having a problem with it.

I keep trying to do the wonder trade in my Pokemon X game and every time I try, some annoying thing pops up telling me that I have to update my software but every time, I go into the Nintendo eShop, something pops up saying that an error occured.

I have no idea what's going on and it's really driving me crazy. Can anyone help me figure this out?

3DS FC: 0748-3470-9720 ♥

GIF Credit | Author's Profile | Tumblr
    Sailor Moon Club | PokeSpe Club

Quote Originally Posted by xEryChan View Post
    some annoying thing pops up telling me that I have to update my software
    You need the v.1.2 patch to go online in X or Y in any way now.

Quote Originally Posted by xEryChan View Post
    but every time, I go into the Nintendo eShop, something pops up saying that an error occured.
    Because it's still Christmas and people countrywide are all trying to take their shiny new 3DS units online at the same time, hammering the servers to a sludgy halt. Go do something else and try again overnight or tomorrow.

People need to breathe and relax. These aren't cataclysmic.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    You need the v.1.2 patch to go online in X or Y in any way now.

Because it's still Christmas and people countrywide are all trying to take their shiny new 3DS units online at the same time, hammering the servers to a sludgy halt. Go do something else and try again overnight or tomorrow.

People need to breathe and relax. These aren't cataclysmic.
    Feel free to answer my question... -_-
    Credit to Sworn Metalhead for the amazing banner.

Pokegyms Ice leader. Masters league Steel leader.

Credit to Astral Shadow for the userbar and Kida-Ookami for the badge.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011