Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Getting Your Wii or DS Online

Whenever I try to connect to someone (trade) over Wifi I keep getting error code:86420

I've tried port forwarding like the link says but that does nothing. Anyone else got any ideas on how to solve it?

Link: http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/wfc...S&locale=en_US

---
    I've changed some stuff but I need help testing it..
    Last edited by nekoakuma; 6th October 2009 at 5:47 AM.
    Soul Silver [JPN] National Dex: COMPLETE
    Black [JPN] National Dex: COMPLETE
    Black 2 [JPN] National Dex: In Progess
    B2FC:
    3268-1310-9057

This is very strange.
    I have pokemon diamond and can connect to Nintendo WiFi with no problem. it always shows as 5 bars, and I can get into the WiFi lobby. However, every time I try to advertise myself for trade or battle, I get a generic "Communication error. You have been disconnected from Nintendo Wi-Fi (81010)" message and am suddenly booted.

If I try to trade with someone, I get the blue screen "a communication error has occurred". My firewall has been set to work with this connection. Although the errors have been occurring while in another room, the results are the exact same even if my DS is right next to the router. I'm very confused and have no idea why it's doing this - this is with a linksys router.

I fixed mine by setting up dmz.... allowing ds through firewall did nothing for me at all.
    Soul Silver [JPN] National Dex: COMPLETE
    Black [JPN] National Dex: COMPLETE
    Black 2 [JPN] National Dex: In Progess
    B2FC:
    3268-1310-9057

I got a problem with my Wii. It used to connect to Wi-Fi just fine. But a few days ago, it suddenly stopped connecting. It said it couldn't pic up the access code. I checked my settings and saw the settings were all there. I deleted them and entered my router info, but still nothing. Now my Wii won't even let me get into the internet channel. It just says Internet Connection is required, but I have my router info on my Wii, it picks up the signal, but won't use it. My DSi connects just fine. I tried unplugging the router, didn't work. Is there anything else I could do that possibly won't make me go digging through the router's info?

I am having trouble trading in the Wi-Fi Room (in the basement of PokeCenters). I can trade over the GTS just fine. Oddly, I can log in at the Wi-Fi Club but when I try to trade or battle or voice chat, the game says that the other person is busy. And it's my brother right next to me (un-busy) that I'm trying to trade with! Any suggestions?
    But all things that are exposed are made manifest by the light, for whatever makes manifest is light.
    Therefore He says: "Awake, you who sleep, Arise from the dead, And Christ will give you light."
    See then that you walk circumspectly, not as fools but as wise, redeeming the time, because the days are evil. (Ephesians 5:13-15)

Spoiler:- Friend Codes:

I know what issue I'm having with my DS Lite, its the router as well as the Key Code. I have a WPA Key, I'm trying to get my DS Lite to work with it instead of me changing the code. I was wondering if it is possible to use it with the WPA Key. If not then I'll have to call the geeks quad.

DS Lites are compatible only with WEP. The "geeks squad" can't do a thing for you.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

I have a problem with my DS lite. It connects with my network's old WEP key but not the new one. The old one works until testing the connaction comes. Can someone help me?

Tell me the DSi can work through WPA to get access to the Nintendo WFC...

I reject your Nyancats and replace it with my own.
    FB

The DSi can, yes. DS game cards cannot, no. Only software that's designed specifically and specially for the DSi can make use of a WPA-protected connection, and right now, only DSiWare titles fit that bill.

tl;dr version: no, putting your copy of Pokémon Platinum in your DSi and trying to access the Wi-Fi features with a WPA connection won't work.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Do you have to use the Nintendo WiFi USB connector to get WiFi or can you just buy a much cheaper USB connector? The Nintendo connector is like $50! but a cheaper version would be less than $20.

Example: Will this one work: http://www.amazon.com/PLANEX-Adapter...1845688&sr=8-2
    Last edited by Electric; 26th December 2009 at 4:42 PM.
    00][/CENTER]

I have been having trouble connecting my DS
    It will find my router fine, I will put in my WEP, then when I try to test the connection, it says theres nothing to connect to.

Badges: 8
    Current Pokemon Black Team:

Spoiler:- Claims:

Ye Im having troubles connecting my diamond to wifi. When I go to set up and search for an access point, its shows my modem with the blue open lock and full connectivity (3 green bars).
    When I click it, it says it will perform a connection test. Thats the only option that shows. When I click it, I get full connectivity again, but after about 10 seconds, the connection drops to red (no bars) and error code 52100 appears.
    I've checked on nintendo's help site numerous times with this error code, and if I imput all the information in the router manually, error code 52102 appears.
    It would be greatly appreciated if someone could guide me through the repairing process, to make the connection stay green when testing, and not turn red
    Si vi pacem, para bellum~
    If you want peace, prepare for war.

Quote Originally Posted by Doridor View Post
    Ye Im having troubles connecting my diamond to wifi. When I go to set up and search for an access point, its shows my modem with the blue open lock and full connectivity (3 green bars).
    When I click it, it says it will perform a connection test. Thats the only option that shows. When I click it, I get full connectivity again, but after about 10 seconds, the connection drops to red (no bars) and error code 52100 appears.
    I've checked on nintendo's help site numerous times with this error code, and if I imput all the information in the router manually, error code 52102 appears.
    It would be greatly appreciated if someone could guide me through the repairing process, to make the connection stay green when testing, and not turn red
    Oh my i have the same sick =(
    My router worked just one evening and then that weird error appeared.
    I`d like to hear cure for that too T_T

Alright, now this is strange.

I can connect to the DSi Shop channel and the internet browser works.

But when I try to go online in Pokemon Platinum, it just gives me a 51099 error code and refuses to work.

Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this?

Quote Originally Posted by Luke924 View Post

But when I try to go online in Pokemon Platinum, it just gives me a 51099 error code and refuses to work.

Router settings. Chances are your Security is using WPA encoding, DS games can only WEP or None.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

Actually, I was just going to post to say that I'm not using WPA security. The router isn't using any security at all.

I'll try enabling WEP security and see if that works.

Quote Originally Posted by Luke924 View Post

It might be happening because the DSi can allow WPA codes, but not on games.
    Edit: If it doesn't work go to Nintendo.com and get to support, scelect DS(i) error codes, you'll get a result after entering the error code.

Quick question. Does the fact that a router is encrypted change anything about setting up wifi?

I only ask because my old router that wasnt encrypted worked fine. My new one that is encrypted doesnt work with my DS (and yes they are both wifi compatible).
    Last edited by Fuzzles; 20th January 2010 at 6:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzles View Post
    Quick question. Does the fact that a router is encrypted change anything about setting up wifi?

I only ask because my old router that wasnt encrypted worked fine. My new one that is encrypted doesnt work with my DS (and yes they are both wifi compatible).
    Actually, it does change lots of things.

You have to set up all your wireless hardware to work with the new router.. or change the settings on the new router to match the old router.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

You have to set up all your wireless hardware to work with the new router
    do you just mean putting the WEP key into the DS to give the DS the routers connection and access to it?

Because, once I put in the WEP key, the DS cant get the rest of the connection settings and I get error code 52000.

And sorry if anything I say is just stupid, Im unbelievably terrible at this kind of stuff. D:
    Last edited by Fuzzles; 20th January 2010 at 7:00 PM.

I'm hoping to get some help here.

When I set up my wifi connection to my DS and test it, I always get "connection successful."

Sadly, when I try to actually connect in the game (I haven't even been able to get my friend code yet) it always drops before it connects and gives me the 61020 error. I know my network's up because I can wirelessly access the internet on any of the PCs in my house. Nothing I've tried has fixed this.

Anyone have any ideas on why this is happening?
    [IMG]http://i45.*******.com/34eazj6.jpg[/IMG]
    Trainer Name: Tiffany

Quote Originally Posted by Tee_bird View Post

When I set up my wifi connection to my DS and test it, I always get "connection successful."

Sadly, when I try to actually connect in the game (I haven't even been able to get my friend code yet) it always drops before it connects and gives me the 61020 error. I know my network's up because I can wirelessly access the internet on any of the PCs in my house. Nothing I've tried has fixed this.

I have the exact same problem and my PC's work, and I have the same code I think but it was a 5 not a 6

Badges: 8
    Current Pokemon Black Team:

Spoiler:- Claims:

Quote Originally Posted by Tee_bird View Post

Is your network code a WPA one? Only WEP works on games.

Quote Originally Posted by kacqn View Post
    Is your network code a WPA one? Only WEP works on games.
    Nah, we have it set for WEP. I don't think it would pass the connection test with WPA.

Thanks, though. :-/
    [IMG]http://i45.*******.com/34eazj6.jpg[/IMG]
    Trainer Name: Tiffany

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast