Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Getting Your Wii or DS Online

OK what is the WEP code. every time i try to use wifi. it asks for the code

Quote Originally Posted by Firekit View Post
    OK what is the WEP code. every time i try to use wifi. it asks for the code
    EDIT: I just realized it wasn't in response to me. Silly me!

The WEP code is the password required to access that wireless connection. Whoever set up your router should know it.
    Last edited by Tee_bird; 26th January 2010 at 3:11 AM.
    [IMG]http://i45.*******.com/34eazj6.jpg[/IMG]
    Trainer Name: Tiffany

Are DS games completely incompatible with WPA-2 security settings? I can use my DSi's web browser and the Nintendo Store just fine with it, but I can't use Mystery Gift for any of my games. *EDIT* Found the info on the first page. I'm just going to have to change the security on my router. ...Kinda weird that the DSi can use WPA-2 but the games can't. Here's hoping the DS2 will be able to use it when it comes out.
    Last edited by Sephiroth_Strife; 17th March 2010 at 6:56 PM. Reason: Found info

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth_Strife View Post
    Are DS games completely incompatible with WPA-2 security settings? I can use my DSi's web browser and the Nintendo Store just fine with it, but I can't use Mystery Gift for any of my games. *EDIT* Found the info on the first page. I'm just going to have to change the security on my router. ...Kinda weird that the DSi can use WPA-2 but the games can't. Here's hoping the DS2 will be able to use it when it comes out.
    If I remember correctly, the Wifi controlling software is on the Cart for DS games that are don't have DSi commands. Which at this moment in time is just about all of them! It may be a DS2 or a 5th gen fix.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

Quote Originally Posted by Doridor View Post
    Ye Im having troubles connecting my diamond to wifi. When I go to set up and search for an access point, its shows my modem with the blue open lock and full connectivity (3 green bars).
    When I click it, it says it will perform a connection test. Thats the only option that shows. When I click it, I get full connectivity again, but after about 10 seconds, the connection drops to red (no bars) and error code 52100 appears.
    I've checked on nintendo's help site numerous times with this error code, and if I imput all the information in the router manually, error code 52102 appears.
    It would be greatly appreciated if someone could guide me through the repairing process, to make the connection stay green when testing, and not turn red
    That's what I got today. On all of the wi fi connections I've tried... at my local Mcdonald's, my library. It's a no go.

I'm very frustrated. I even tried to input a wep key for it -- and nothing.

What's the point of having free wireless if you need to know the key -- how is anyone supposed to get ahold of it? Just a question there...
    Looking forward to the release of Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire.

Will be training up the shiny Abra I have that's named Robin in honor of you. May you R.I.P.

Quote Originally Posted by WishIhadaManafi5 View Post
    That's what I got today. On all of the wi fi connections I've tried... at my local Mcdonald's, my library. It's a no go.

I'm very frustrated. I even tried to input a wep key for it -- and nothing.

What's the point of having free wireless if you need to know the key -- how is anyone supposed to get ahold of it? Just a question there...
    There is a problem is that several "Free" Wifi set ups require you to visit a Web page, this will lock out the DS. In some cases, the Router has crashed and needs someone to restart it, such as in the Kro Manchester when I visited it last. (Kro Mancester is a bar. I am over 18, I am legally allowed to buy and drink Alcohol on their land. Just don't get me to name them.)
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

Okay... My DSi can connect to the internet just fine with the browser and
    Flipnote Hatena... But it cannot connect to wifi with compatible games when IN the games... can I have a little help? (Please note: I cannot test any of the advice you give me at this time, due to the fact my DSi is dead and my charger is missing.)
    I figure at least 95% of people hate Bidoof's mission, where as the remaining 5% love it. If you are one of the 95%, paste this in your sig.

KILL BIDOOF! KILL BIDOOF! (started by Kitty Aruseus)

I figure at least 90% of all Serebii members actually use the help thread in ANY way when they have a problem. The remaining 10% create pointless threads with questions already answered in the help thread or, in the case of PMD, create pointless threads about them needing a rescue when there are RESCUE threads in that forum. If you are one of the 90% who don't create pointless threads, copy and paste this in your sig. (Started by Kitty Aruseus)

DR. OCTAGONAPUS!! BLAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty Aruseus View Post
    Okay... My DSi can connect to the internet just fine with the browser and
    Flipnote Hatena... But it cannot connect to wifi with compatible games when IN the games... can I have a little help? (Please note: I cannot test any of the advice you give me at this time, due to the fact my DSi is dead and my charger is missing.)
    Sounds like your Wifi router is using WPA encoding. DSi Games can do WPA, but DS Games can not. The only way I know how to "Fix" it is to Change the setting on Wifi router to be WEP encoding. You need to reconfigure All Devices that use your router wirelessy, Computers, SmartPhones and game consoles.

The Way to check this is go in the Network settings of a computer that connects to the Router. Under the Sequitiy it should say WPA.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

Ok so i just moved to a place where the only internet access i have is through a wifi connection requiring log in through an internet browser. Does anybody know how i could connect my dsi to this so i can continue trading pokemon??? help would be greatly appreciated.
    Character name: Adrian :::::: Friend Code: 0260 1941 3884
    Looking for: Enigma Stone and special Arceus given away for the 12th movie
    have following shinies can also breed most pokes shiny upon request but ony for very good offers.
    also pokerus for anyone who is interested

ok so i wont be able to tradde for a while not sure if ill figure it out or not so sry if we had trades set up....

Quote Originally Posted by Azteca158 View Post
    Ok so i just moved to a place where the only internet access i have is through a wifi connection requiring log in through an internet browser. Does anybody know how i could connect my dsi to this so i can continue trading pokemon??? help would be greatly appreciated.
    I hope you already have the Web Browser installed, or this will be impossible.

If you can get as close as you can to the Wifi menus as you can. Such as Saving in GTS building, etc. Start The web browser. Insert the details to get on the Net. Visit a few sites to conferm that you are online. You need to be quick from now on. Start the DS game in the DSi. Get online in game ASAP.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

thanks Big ill try that first but im asking bout the whole networking thing being here ive noticed people create their own network and run this logon through browser through it using WEP security on the network allowing them to permanently run internet through the network to the dsi as long as the laptop running the network is constantly signed on... my question after wut ive researched myself and cant figure out it y cant i get my dsi to connect to the network i created (tells me it cant find IP but this prob mite get fixed with next prob) and also its not letting me connect to the internet at the same time as running my network..

edit: tried bigs advice had no luck did not work for me still looking for help....
    Last edited by Azteca158; 21st March 2010 at 9:09 PM.
    have following shinies can also breed most pokes shiny upon request but ony for very good offers.

ok so i wont be able to tradde for a while not sure if ill figure it out or not so sry if we had trades set up....

SkittyOnWailord is offline ☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣

The DS can't use be used with internet that requiers you to go to a log-in page before you can use it.
    なにがでるかな!?

I'm here, I'm furry, And I'll try not to shed. =^_^=

Chimecho👉🎐 Octillery👉🐙 Piplup👉🐧 Omanyte👉🐚 Scolipede👉🐛 Wailord👉🐳 Lumineon👉🐠 Torkoal👉🐢 Pidove👉🐤 Skitty👉🐱

sry to say this skitty on wailord but ur wayyyy wrong like isaid b4 by networking u can even have a lan party on it i mean rele people here do it often its just wierd asking but ill prob have to since no1 here knows how to either.... i alrede have the network runing im just having trouble keeping it up while staying logged on

sry to say this skitty on wailord but ur wayyyy wrong like isaid b4 by networking u can even have a lan party on it i mean rele people here do it often its just wierd asking but ill prob have to since no1 here knows how to either.... i alrede have the network runing im just having trouble keeping it up while staying logged on
    Well everywhere else I read about it says that it isn't possible. Maybe I am wrong?

And please type in legible sentances. This is a forum, not a chat room.
    なにがでるかな!?

Chimecho👉🎐 Octillery👉🐙 Piplup👉🐧 Omanyte👉🐚 Scolipede👉🐛 Wailord👉🐳 Lumineon👉🐠 Torkoal👉🐢 Pidove👉🐤 Skitty👉🐱

im sorry for not caring bout english grammer and i wont ever even wen i go for my graduates ill pretend for the teachers since im pretty good at it but i wont for u not trying to be mean or anything i just dont like it wen people find superiority in grammer specialy ones that give tech help and arent tech savy.

Also for people who would like to connect and had my same issue with the logon service provider an easy way to fix it would be getting a wifi usb adapter they can be purchased for like $8 unless u want the nintendo one for over $30 dollars dont kno y its so much more expensive but who knows it may work better.

Alright, this is really annoying. There have been several questions about it in previous pages that have been ignored, so i'll try to provide as much information as possible.

I have been easily connecting to wi-fi for years, until about 2 weeks ago when my router got updated (or something like that; i'm not good with tech). This was supposed to make our connection better, which it has, but now I can't connect to wi-fi. We have a new WEP Key, which is compatible. I enter it and do a connection test and it goes to 3 bars for about 10 seconds, then goes straight to zero and says "Error Code: 051300 - 2".

I've done some searching around, but most results are gibberish to me. Things like "you may want to change your router settings" (how do I do that?). Some answers tell me that my router is now to high-tech for my Dsi, so I need to change my router settings to dumb it down. I don't understand this stuff.

Please help.
    I have claimed froslass

Current White Team
    Jumpluff
    Bellossom
    Porygon Z
    Shiftry
    Blaziken
    Jumpluff

Message me if you want to battle or trade. I don't care what you battle me with as long as it isn't hacked.

Friend Codes
    White - 1506-4988-1553

Having some trouble with the WiFi adaptor on Windows 7 64-Bit, I've seen a guide of how to get it running in 32-Bit but it doesn't work for 64, any suggestions anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by willypiggy View Post
    Having some trouble with the WiFi adaptor on Windows 7 64-Bit, I've seen a guide of how to get it running in 32-Bit but it doesn't work for 64, any suggestions anyone?
    Some times the Vista 64-bit Version of a driver works. Sadly that'd all I've can suggest as I had a combatable Wireless router since DS Launch day.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

Quote Originally Posted by Big Nutter View Post
    Some times the Vista 64-bit Version of a driver works. Sadly that'd all I've can suggest as I had a combatable Wireless router since DS Launch day.
    I've given their installer a go, tried running it in compatibility modes for Vista and XP and neither work unforunatly, My DS can't even find any routers near me for some reason, My Wii connects fine to my router but my DS just can't find any I guess i'll have to use my other PC instead.

So, I am very eager to start doing competitive battling and trading through wi-fi. However, when I try to connect to my router it is saying that it can't connect because of the security settings. So, I googled it and followed everything I was told to do on the nintendo website. I made sure that it is on WEP, that didnt work, I disabled all security, that didnt work. I've played about with the security settings, I tried doing it manually and it still doesn't work!!!

Anyone had the same problem and might have some advice to help me please???

Thankyou

Quote Originally Posted by AIP0M View Post
    So, I am very eager to start doing competitive battling and trading through wi-fi. However, when I try to connect to my router it is saying that it can't connect because of the security settings. So, I googled it and followed everything I was told to do on the nintendo website. I made sure that it is on WEP, that didnt work, I disabled all security, that didnt work. I've played about with the security settings, I tried doing it manually and it still doesn't work!!!

Anyone had the same problem and might have some advice to help me please???

Thankyou
    I heard that Some Routers don't work with the Nintendo DS or DSlite, no matter the settings.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

Quote Originally Posted by Big Nutter View Post
    I heard that Some Routers don't work with the Nintendo DS or DSlite, no matter the settings.

I checked, It is definitely compatible.

When I search for an access point, it says my router's security settings are not supported by the Nintendo DS. So, I went to nintendowifi.com and followed some steps and it says I need to find my WEP key. Well, I've looked at countless videos and searched everywhere but I can't seem to find where it is.

I'm using Linksys model WRT54G V8 router. It says I can access it by going to: http://192.168.1.1 but that page can't be displayed. It also says that I can find my WEP key access: In "Wireless Security' on 'Wireless' tab but I can't find that anywhere.

By the way, I'm using Windows 7. Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I've been at it for quite a few hours now.
    Wi-Fi Information

Generation IV: 0945 8756 3712

Generation V: 4513 8790 3689

Generation VI: 2509 2637 2112

Quote Originally Posted by Needs a Deoxys View Post
    When I search for an access point, it says my router's security settings are not supported by the Nintendo DS. So, I went to nintendowifi.com and followed some steps and it says I need to find my WEP key. Well, I've looked at countless videos and searched everywhere but I can't seem to find where it is.

I'm using Linksys model WRT54G V8 router. It says I can access it by going to: http://192.168.1.1 but that page can't be displayed. It also says that I can find my WEP key access: In "Wireless Security' on 'Wireless' tab but I can't find that anywhere.

By the way, I'm using Windows 7. Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I've been at it for quite a few hours now.
    I'm also using Windows 7 and that link works for me and allows me to edit my router settings. I think that you not being able to access that link is more important than your DS not working. :/ (I don't know why you can't though)
    なにがでるかな!?

Is the computer you're using connected to the router in question? If not, There's your problem!

If you can't connect to the router wirelessly you have to connect with a wire.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast