Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Getting Your Wii or DS Online

Quote Originally Posted by Unpredictable-Strategist View Post
    Alright, this is really annoying. There have been several questions about it in previous pages that have been ignored, so i'll try to provide as much information as possible.

I have been easily connecting to wi-fi for years, until about 2 weeks ago when my router got updated (or something like that; i'm not good with tech). This was supposed to make our connection better, which it has, but now I can't connect to wi-fi. We have a new WEP Key, which is compatible. I enter it and do a connection test and it goes to 3 bars for about 10 seconds, then goes straight to zero and says "Error Code: 051300 - 2".

I've done some searching around, but most results are gibberish to me. Things like "you may want to change your router settings" (how do I do that?). Some answers tell me that my router is now to high-tech for my Dsi, so I need to change my router settings to dumb it down. I don't understand this stuff.

Please help.
    Seriously, why is no one helping me with this? I posted it over a month ago. At least respond to it, even if it's telling me you don't know what the problem is or how to fix it.
    I have claimed froslass

Current White Team
    Jumpluff
    Bellossom
    Porygon Z
    Shiftry
    Blaziken
    Jumpluff

Message me if you want to battle or trade. I don't care what you battle me with as long as it isn't hacked.

Friend Codes
    White - 1506-4988-1553

Quote Originally Posted by Big Nutter View Post
    Is the computer you're using connected to the router in question? If not, There's your problem!

If you can't connect to the router wirelessly you have to connect with a wire.
    You're right lol. My internet is connected to a Comcast Cable Modem SBV5220. The router was used for my sister's laptop, which has since broken.

The router is a wireless router, so why can't I connect to it that way?

Also, there are three wires connected to the back of the router. There's a yellow one, a blue one, and a thin black one.
    Wi-Fi Information

Generation IV: 0945 8756 3712

Generation V: 4513 8790 3689

Generation VI: 2509 2637 2112

Quote Originally Posted by Needs a Deoxys View Post
    The router is a wireless router, so why can't I connect to it that way?
    Security or no security, it wouldn't be real smart if routers were designed so that anyone capable of accessing your wireless connection could access the inner workings and change passwords and settings from the comfort of their own keyboard, would it?

Also, there are three wires connected to the back of the router. There's a yellow one, a blue one, and a thin black one.
    Which tells no one anything. The cable emerging from one of the numbered ports is the one that you need to connect to the computer.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    Security or no security, it wouldn't be real smart if routers were designed so that anyone capable of accessing your wireless connection could access the inner workings and change passwords and settings from the comfort of their own keyboard, would it?

No, but that's what I though passwords were for. Clearly I am not very educated on the workings of wireless routers.

Which tells no one anything. The cable emerging from one of the numbered ports is the one that you need to connect to the computer.

That would be the blue one in my case and it is connected, though I'm not sure it's in the right place. I'm not sure if telling you that it's connected to the fourth port would help.
    By the way, is there any way that I can set my desktop to have this wireless connection, rather than the laptop which is broken? Would that involve getting rid of the modem? Sorry, but I only know the basics when it comes to computers and have only dealt with a router (a different one) when using my dad's laptop (which is not broken).
    Last edited by Needs a Deoxys; 5th May 2010 at 4:20 AM.
    Wi-Fi Information

That would be the blue one in my case and it is connected, though I'm not sure it's in the right place.
    Should only be one Ethernet port on your computer.

I'm not sure if telling you that it's connected to the fourth port would help.
    Pretty sure it doesn't matter, but move it to port #1 just for simplicity's sake.

Would that involve getting rid of the modem?
    Kinda hard to have an Internet connection without a modem, eh? Your computer can't actually "use" the wireless connection, as I'm going to wager it doesn't have a wireless card, but you can connect the computer to the router for purposes of being able to access the settings just fine.

Walkthrough:

Internet connection from the wall (I'm assuming this is a coaxial cable since you mentioned Comcast is your ISP) goes into the back of your modem.

Ethernet cable goes from the back of your modem to the port on your router marked "Internet"; the router now has your Internet connection and is broadcasting it as a Wi-Fi connection.

Second Ethernet cable goes from the port on your router numbered "1" to the Ethernet port on the back of your computer; your computer can now access the router's settings by entering the access URL you posted above. If you don't think your router has a username/password on it (this is completely separate from the security settings on your Wi-Fi connection) then bypass the ensuing dialogue box by selecting Cancel.

If everything is done properly, you'll be staring your router's settings square in the face. Don't change anything you're not sure of.

-----
    Words to|live by

Walkthrough:

Internet connection from the wall (I'm assuming this is a coaxial cable since you mentioned Comcast is your ISP) goes into the back of your modem.

This is the only part I'm unsure about. I'm not entirely sure what cable this is and its going places I can't get to. Would this cable be thick and white, or gray with about 1 cm length of different colored wires coming out? In either case both are connected to the modem.

Ethernet cable goes from the back of your modem to the port on your router marked "Internet"; the router now has your Internet connection and is broadcasting it as a Wi-Fi connection.

Second Ethernet cable goes from the port on your router numbered "1" to the Ethernet port on the back of your computer; your computer can now access the router's settings by entering the access URL you posted above. If you don't think your router has a username/password on it (this is completely separate from the security settings on your Wi-Fi connection) then bypass the ensuing dialogue box by selecting Cancel.

If everything is done properly, you'll be staring your router's settings square in the face. Don't change anything you're not sure of.
    Everything above seems to check out but the page won't display. Do I need to reset the router or restart my computer first?
    Wi-Fi Information

I don't really have an answer for you. Assuming everything is connected as I said, it should be working. There's little else I can do without actually seeing your equipment setup.

-----
    Words to|live by

SkittyOnWailord is offline ☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣

Seriously, why is no one helping me with this? I posted it over a month ago. At least respond to it, even if it's telling me you don't know what the problem is or how to fix it.
    Well we'll need some info before anyone can help you. What is the make and model number of your router? Is it a wireless G or wireless N router? And is the router using a WEP or a WPA connection?
    なにがでるかな!?

I'm here, I'm furry, And I'll try not to shed. =^_^=

Chimecho👉🎐 Octillery👉🐙 Piplup👉🐧 Omanyte👉🐚 Scolipede👉🐛 Wailord👉🐳 Lumineon👉🐠 Torkoal👉🐢 Pidove👉🐤 Skitty👉🐱

Quote Originally Posted by SkittyOnWailord View Post
    Well we'll need some info before anyone can help you. What is the make and model number of your router? Is it a wireless G or wireless N router? And is the router using a WEP or a WPA connection?
    Alright, it's linksys, but where would I find the model number? I have the router next to the computer.

It's a wireless G, and it's a WEP connection, although it may be WPA because of the recent connection update that I talked about in my post. But i'm 99% sure it's WEP, so treat your feedback as if it awas.
    I have claimed froslass

Current White Team
    Jumpluff
    Bellossom
    Porygon Z
    Shiftry
    Blaziken
    Jumpluff

Message me if you want to battle or trade. I don't care what you battle me with as long as it isn't hacked.

Friend Codes
    White - 1506-4988-1553

I don't really have an answer for you. Assuming everything is connected as I said, it should be working. There's little else I can do without actually seeing your equipment setup.
    Thanks so much for your help! All I required was a computer restart and a router reset. I'm online!
    Wi-Fi Information

Glad I could help.

-----
    Words to|live by

Alright, it's linksys, but where would I find the model number? I have the router next to the computer.

It's a wireless G, and it's a WEP connection, although it may be WPA because of the recent connection update that I talked about in my post. But i'm 99% sure it's WEP, so treat your feedback as if it awas.
    Well the only thing I can see wrong would be if it was WPA and not WEP. The DS is only compatible with WEP. Have you tried phoning Lynksys? They might be able to walk you through it.
    なにがでるかな!?

Chimecho👉🎐 Octillery👉🐙 Piplup👉🐧 Omanyte👉🐚 Scolipede👉🐛 Wailord👉🐳 Lumineon👉🐠 Torkoal👉🐢 Pidove👉🐤 Skitty👉🐱

Well the only thing I can see wrong would be if it was WPA and not WEP. The DS is only compatible with WEP. Have you tried phoning Lynksys? They might be able to walk you through it.
    Do you know how I can change the settings? Will changing it to WEP change my connection speed in any way? If not, thanks anyway.
    I have claimed froslass

Current White Team
    Jumpluff
    Bellossom
    Porygon Z
    Shiftry
    Blaziken
    Jumpluff

Friend Codes
    White - 1506-4988-1553

Do you know how I can change the settings? Will changing it to WEP change my connection speed in any way? If not, thanks anyway.
    I can't tell you exactly how to it.. As it's recomened to alter your settings from the default. Usually this info I give you is either on a CD or a Booklet in box that you got the router in.

Chances are your Router has the same IP address as mine. Type this in a your web browser (the program that allows you to read this): 192.168.1.1 (You need to this on a computer that is connected to the router, either Wired or wirelessly)

You'll get a box asking for an user name and pass word. This I don't know.. But Admin/Admin or Admin/Password are two possible defaults. This can be changed and is actually recommended to do.

Once you've logged in you should get find a item reading Wireless..

It should look like this link, without the green and brown Box. Change the WPA to WEP, and type a New password.. make sure you have noted down what it says in area under my box. You will need to insert that in to EVERY computer that connects to the box wirelessly.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...r/security.gif
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

I can't tell you exactly how to it.. As it's recomened to alter your settings from the default. Usually this info I give you is either on a CD or a Booklet in box that you got the router in.

Chances are your Router has the same IP address as mine. Type this in a your web browser (the program that allows you to read this): 192.168.1.1 (You need to this on a computer that is connected to the router, either Wired or wirelessly)

You'll get a box asking for an user name and pass word. This I don't know.. But Admin/Admin or Admin/Password are two possible defaults. This can be changed and is actually recommended to do.

Once you've logged in you should get find a item reading Wireless..

It should look like this link, without the green and brown Box. Change the WPA to WEP, and type a New password.. make sure you have noted down what it says in area under my box. You will need to insert that in to EVERY computer that connects to the box wirelessly.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...r/security.gif
    Ahh, back to this. I tried it before; I can't seem to get the right user/password. I tried user:Admin and Administrator and passwords admin and administrator, along with the normal password for my computer. None worked. Do you know how I could find this out?
    I have claimed froslass

Current White Team
    Jumpluff
    Bellossom
    Porygon Z
    Shiftry
    Blaziken
    Jumpluff

Friend Codes
    White - 1506-4988-1553

Ahh, back to this. I tried it before; I can't seem to get the right user/password. I tried user:Admin and Administrator and passwords admin and administrator, along with the normal password for my computer. None worked. Do you know how I could find this out?
    Try reading the first post or the following link. Due to a server glitch.. which eat my edit.. this link was missing in my post:

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/wfc...ters/index.jsp
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

Question WI-fi help

im having trouble setting up a wi-fi connection. every time i try it says "they do no support my internet" or something like that. so i cant play competively! PLEASE HELP
    Diamond fc: 3138 0914 8035

Default DS not connecting to Wifi

Now this may seem like one of the noobiest questions to be asked, but believe me I HAVE researched prior and HAVE tried.
    So my problem is.
    I have a ds Lite and over the past few days have been trying to make a wifi connection for it via a wifi modem (a Belkin N+). It had a WEP security key (as it should), so when I got to that part, and it said you failed connecting to the signal, I was like WTF.
    So I did a little bit of looking and found out that DS' can only receive B and G signals not N (which was the one I had), but there was a way to change the settings in your wifi so it received all types of signals (B,G,N).
    So I went to do that, but it was already on that setting by default.
    What should I do???
    I have a wifi USB nintendo connector thing, but I also have Windows 7, so the connector isn't supported (yet??).
    Thanks to all that help. (Or at least try )
    CURRENTLY NOT BATTLING
    Diamond FC
    Fc-0001_2042_4431

Back baby...

Quote Originally Posted by Dusk Sweep 0x9 View Post
    I have a wifi USB nintendo connector thing, but I also have Windows 7, so the connector isn't supported (yet??).
    I don't have an answer to your question but if you have Windows 7 Professional or Ultimate then you can use XP Mode to have the Dongle work.
    なにがでるかな!?

Quote Originally Posted by Dusk Sweep 0x9 View Post
    Now this may seem like one of the noobiest questions to be asked, but believe me I HAVE researched prior and HAVE tried.
    So my problem is.
    I have a ds Lite and over the past few days have been trying to make a wifi connection for it via a wifi modem (a Belkin N+). It had a WEP security key (as it should), so when I got to that part, and it said you failed connecting to the signal, I was like WTF.
    So I did a little bit of looking and found out that DS' can only receive B and G signals not N (which was the one I had), but there was a way to change the settings in your wifi so it received all types of signals (B,G,N).
    So I went to do that, but it was already on that setting by default.
    What should I do???
    Thanks to all that help. (Or at least try )
    It's this one? http://www.belkin.com/iwcatproductpa...duct_id=459640

You can disabling N.

I hardly get to the Speed available in the G speeds, despite having the G Hardware. I often reach 9 Mega Bits per second, between two PCs on the same Wireless network, about the estimated real top speed of B. My internet tops out at 2 Mega Bits.

Speed test is a quick way to work out your internet speed. http://www.speedtest.net/

By the way, DS lites aren't guaranteed to work with any Wifi router..
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

I hardly get to the Speed available in the G speeds, despite having the G Hardware. I often reach 9 Mega Bits per second, between two PCs on the same Wireless network, about the estimated real top speed of B. My internet tops out at 2 Mega Bits.

Speed test is a quick way to work out your internet speed. http://www.speedtest.net/

By the way, DS lites aren't guaranteed to work with any Wifi router..
    I have a Netgear G router and I get an average speed of 15-20MpPS while using wireless, and sometimes a little higher. And very rarely I get a spike of up to 150MbPS for a few minutes every few days. Strange, isn't it?
    なにがでるかな!?

So i want to connect my DS online and im thinking of getting THIS usb. how would i go about connecting my DS through that to Wifi?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Elite View Post
    So i want to connect my DS online and im thinking of getting THIS usb. how would i go about connecting my DS through that to Wifi?
    I can see a few things wrong with that item IMO.
    First, I would never trust a router/Wi-Fi adapter that is only $1. That doesn't seem right to me.
    Second, It doesn't seem to licensed by any actual company (that I can see in that listing).
    Third, it only mentions the DS Lite and not the Phat or DSi. So if you have one of those and it doesn't work then you have no recorse.
    And forth, it doesn't say that it's compatible with Windows 7 (if you have that) and it also says that it's only for 32bit OS's. So if you have a 64bit OS then it probably won't work.

So yeah, I wouldn't even go near that thing. But that's just my opinion. Why not just get the official Nintendo one?
    なにがでるかな!?

Smile

I can see a few things wrong with that item IMO.
    First, I would never trust a router/Wi-Fi adapter that is only $1. That doesn't seem right to me.
    Second, It doesn't seem to licensed by any actual company (that I can see in that listing).
    Third, it only mentions the DS Lite and not the Phat or DSi. So if you have one of those and it doesn't work then you have no recorse.
    And forth, it doesn't say that it's compatible with Windows 7 (if you have that) and it also says that it's only for 32bit OS's. So if you have a 64bit OS then it probably won't work.

So yeah, I wouldn't even go near that thing. But that's just my opinion. Why not just get the official Nintendo one?
    Because im incredibly skint at the moment, having just finished exams, and having most of my money tied up in parties, dates and games (living the dream :P ) but i suppose it does seem a bit iffy. i'll go with something official. thanks

Okay, I'm having DS issues. It feels like Nintendo limited me to 1 connection per-day.
    Initially, it was an IP conflict, so I followed Support.Nintendo's advice, and the wifi worked beautifully. Until the next day, where I was on, and it booted me out. The DS gave me Error Code 52100, which is an IP conflict. It turned out my DNS had changed, so I switched it, DS worked. I logged out, and upon trying to get back on,it gave me another 52100. I checked it, everything was fine, but it wouldn't shut up with the 52100s.
    So, now, typically, it allows 1 or 2 normal connections, tells me something's wrong (even if it's not), and I'll not be able to get back online for a good 23 hours.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgeckledorf Spoongeblorb View Post
    [School's] a nice place to fap in public and not get caught.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast