Thread: Deoxys-S News

Default Deoxys-S News

There is wonderful news for all the people who get Deoxys-S used in a OU battle, Smogon have now promoted him into UBER. YAY

what why is this good. now i haev to change my whole stupid awesome team because of this. i need a stealth rocker and a new lead. dam
    Ruby: 0/8
    Sapphire: 0/8
    Emerald: 7/8
    FireRed: 8/8
    LeafGreen: 6/8
    Diamond: 0/8
    Pearl: 0/8
    Platinum: 7/8
    HeartGold: 16/16 (350/493)
    SoulSilver: 9/16
    Black:
    White:
    White 2:
    Black 2:

FC= 1121 0822 2345

it's good coz, most people hate facing this deoxys

i dotn see the point of this. it's fast . omg anythign that is fast is gonna take somethign out isn't it? no. what the hell. what threat did it have. it had mediocer att/spA stats. it is like a bliss. except bliss has hp and spd
    Black:
    White:
    White 2:
    Black 2:

FC= 1121 0822 2345

maybe cause it's extremely fast

It was banned because it overcentralized "leading" in a standard Pokemon battle.

It could basically shut down almost any other lead with Taunt, and set up Light Screen and Reflect, AND Stealth Rock. Having Stealth Rock down, and effectively taking half damage from any attack, the team with the Deoxys lead was at a significant advantage. If both teams had a Deoxys lead, then the one that wins the Speed tie gets to set up, while the other team has to switch out their lead, and attempt to deal with the threat of doing half damage to the opposing team.

This is a HUGE deal, because things like Swords Dance Lucario, DDmence, DD Gyarados and more could set up without fear, and even avoid being revenge killed thanks to the defense boost. Stealth Rocks is very important, and having them up from turn one is a big advantage.

Then there was of course the revenge killer, which made sweeping a team all but impossible. And the mixed sweeper, which made almost every offensive team without Metagross or Scarfgar obselete. People who used Deoxys themselves eventually started running Timid, max speed and Shadow Ball just to hope to tie with and kill other Deoxys.

So while Deoxys didn't really threaten to sweep at a moments notice like Garchomp did, it overcentralized the game by raising the speed cap to a ridiculous level, and ruining the opening of the game by making any other lead obsolete. And shouldn't this be in D/P discussion?

DP discussion, as Sudo said.

Quote Originally Posted by golduck#1 View Post
    i dotn see the point of this. it's fast . omg anythign that is fast is gonna take somethign out isn't it? no. what the hell. what threat did it have. it had mediocer att/spA stats. it is like a bliss. except bliss has hp and spd
    It can swictch in safely with decent base 95 (?) Defences and just about do anything it pleases to with its insane Speed stat.

Oh and its movepool. Can't forget about its movepool.

Quote Originally Posted by Sudo View Post
    And shouldn't this be in D/P discussion?
    I didnt put it in there cause deoxys is from the 3rd gen

Quote Originally Posted by Yonowaru in Chaos View Post
    DP discussion, as Sudo said.

It can swictch in safely with decent base 95 (?) Defences and just about do anything it pleases to with its insane Speed stat.

Oh and its movepool. Can't forget about its movepool.

what . i didn't get it. are you talking about deoxys?
    Black:
    White:
    White 2:
    Black 2:

FC= 1121 0822 2345

yer he's talking about deoxys

oh lol i didn't no it's defenses were that high. mm ok i am glad its a uber now. sort of
    Black:
    White:
    White 2:
    Black 2:

FC= 1121 0822 2345

Quote Originally Posted by Lucazard View Post
    I didnt put it in there cause deoxys is from the 3rd gen
    But this is 4th gen Competitive we're talking about...I mean, if something completely random like Golem gets promoted to OU, we won't put this in 1st gen discussion...

what . i didn't get it. are you talking about deoxys?
    Yes, Deoxys-Speed forme. Just look at its insane movepool. It can sweep, support, annoy, Subsweep, set-up entry hazards....just thank God it can't learn Baton Pass.

yeah lol. i didn;t no it's defenses. i mean come on out standing
    Black:
    White:
    White 2:
    Black 2:

FC= 1121 0822 2345

I really can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not. Base 90 in Defences (checked) is very good for something that's supposed to be a full on sweeper and while it's not bulky (base 50 HP prevents it from being so), Deoxys-S can switch in to things easily, provided it's not STABbed/super-effective. Then again, he shouldn't really be switching into these things.

First Garchomp, now Deoxys speed form. Now that sucks. Now I got to create a new team.
    Credit to Sapphire Phoenix
    [IMG]http://i39.*******.com/v3d0fs.png[/IMG]

You're telling us smogon decided to hack every pokémon D/P game to make it impossible to use Deoxys if we decide "no uber"?

No. Smogon didn't make competitive battling and one opinion from a website shouldn't matter much.

good news, even though its in the wrong section, but who cares, no more Deoxys-s
    Pokeradar Shinies:
    Shinies Received in Trades:

Completed Challenges:
    Poison Monotype (FR)

Quote Originally Posted by Pingouin7 View Post
    You're telling us smogon decided to hack every pokémon D/P game to make it impossible to use Deoxys if we decide "no uber"?

No. Smogon didn't make competitive battling and one opinion from a website shouldn't matter much.
    Serebii and Smogon are closely linked and nearly everybody finds info from that site for competitive battling thats why we respect Smogon.

Yes, but I still think that is only an opinion.

What about Smogon decided that chocolate stinks and no one should buy chocolate?

That has no sense.

what why is this good. now i haev to change my whole stupid awesome team because of this. i need a stealth rocker and a new lead. dam
    Its called sarcasm.

Deoxys-S is such an easy way to win in the OU tier. Its real place is in the uber tear. Yay!

I honestly agree with you, Slowking. I have a Deoxys-S in my boxes that's evd. (No, you'd never guess that I'd have a deoxys )All sarcasm aside, i found out that it actually IS quite the spectacular pokemon, with it's diverse movepool and such (Speed spiker?), so, all in all, I wasn't surprised when I found out he got promoted to Ubers, as I expected it to happen any day now. Even though it was probably meant to happen, i'm still kind of sad because he was a decent pokemon to use in OU. Nonetheless, maybe he'll get more of a challenge now that he is in the same tier as Chomp and his other Formes.
    I no longer have diamond/pearl/platinum, but i do have shoddy, so if you wanna shoddy, send me a VM. My shoddy name is Mentalfission

~Under construction~

You people are idiots. This is 3rd Gen Discussion, not 4th Gen. Go take your whining about a completely different website whose rules you don't have to follow somewhere else.

be sure to read the rules of every section before posting ;)

Little Miss Stalinist/Secret Al-Qaeda agents (i.e. Ellie) would be a ***** even if she was a conserative republican. What makes her the way she is happens to be the fact that the webmaster of this site let's her behave like this. (Of course, I would never make a liberal a staff member at any forum I'd be in charge of, regardless.)