Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Barry's Busting Out All Over! (569)

Default Barry's Busting Out All Over! (569)

Rival Trainer Jun Appears!

Back at Hearthome City, Ash is eager to challenge Fantina to a gym battle. However, before he gets a chance, he meets up with a trainer called Jun, from the same town as Dawn. Upon meeting, Ash learns that Jun is a trainer who follows Paul's training method; looking for strong Pokémon and getting rid of weaker ones. Ash is annoyed by this and intends to show Jun the proper way to train. The pair do battle...

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

I wondered when the D/P rival was going to make an appearance.

So they're going to make him into another Paul, he'll most likely be Dawn's new rival if he does contests.

I don't think Ash needs another trainer like Paul to go against.

Credit to Mr. Joker for the Glee banner
    Credit to Skiyomi for the lovely Blue Snover banner

If anyone is interested in a custom ribbon for your profile pic, be sure to check out Ayra's sprite thread in the fanart section, if you want to take a look at her work have a look at my profile.

Despite his admiration, Jun doesn't seem to be "like" Paul at all, which is kind of the great irony of it all. He comes off more as a hyperactive trying-too-hard Paul wannabe and instead is rather fail at emulating him. That, I could deal with. It's entertaining that way.

I really do hope this Paul obsession links up to a particular theory that's been going around...

Still, Jun sounds like a lot of fun. It's almost unfair in a way that Ash is getting all the good rivals while Dawn's stuck with Mentor Zoey and Stock Character #342- I mean Kenny.

Travels of the Trifecta! - Chronicles of an estranged family!

LJ | dA | Bulbagarden | ff.net

Diamond: 2749 - 7749 - 1840
    SoulSilver: 2364 - 7834 - 3761

WPM says Jun has Byron's badge, Gardenia's badge, and a unkown badge... what did it look like? Can someone provide a pic?
    Formerly known as Jigglychu.

Hey guys! From the synopsis, it sounds interesting... But I haven't watched it. So, if anyone knows where I could watch it... But hey! Jun's there. The preview was funny. ^^ I'm sure it's a nice episode. So... how was the battle? What move against who and so on?

BACK

No asking for illegal links

Quote Originally Posted by Jigglychu View Post
    WPM says Jun has Byron's badge, Gardenia's badge, and a unkown badge... what did it look like? Can someone provide a pic?
    Someone did in the speculation thread

Oops, sorry. I forgot. Thanks for reminding me, Serebii. So... what happened in this episode?

BACK

Well, well, looks like Cacnea learned Drain Punch after all...

Last edited by Hejiru; 6th November 2008 at 2:25 PM.
    Formerly known as Jigglychu.

nice to see Cacnea kicking butt!

From the pic, it looks to be more than a match for Jun's Empoleon.

If anyone is interested in a custom ribbon for your profile pic, be sure to check out Ayra's sprite thread in the fanart section, if you want to take a look at her work have a look at my profile.

The battle between Jun and Ash went like this-

Chimmy vs Straraptor- chimmy won
    Chimmy vs. Roserade- Roserade won
    Roserade vs. Gliscor- double KO
    Pikachu vs. Empoleon- Pikachu won

Also there was a pis in bulbagarden-forums showing that gardenia battled Jun's empoleon with her cacnea(!!). The pic shows cacnea using drain punch on empoleon...

So does he only have 3 pokemon?

I would have thought he'd have a full team.

I can't wait to see Roserade in action, if it's strong enough to take down a fire type.

They probably only decided on a 3-on-3.
    Proposed Alpha Sapphire Team

So, it seems that if Jun appears in the league, Ash will be going against 2 fully evolved mega teams!

This kinda gives Chimchar and Buizel even more hope of becoming Infernape and Floatzel.

Yeah. Alot of characters usually don't show off every Pokemon they own right off. We never saw Gary's starter till Johto for example, and with Masamune's first apperance we saw that he had other Pokemon but didn't see them till the League.

EDIT: Here's Grotle from the opening:

(that last pic of him he now slowly charges towards the screen)

Turtwig's still in the Ending...Ending's last shorter, so they might wait will the next one to update with the new captures/evos.
    Last edited by Korobooshi Kojiro; 6th November 2008 at 2:57 PM.

Wtf is he fan of Paul or what? :P

|LJ| dA|

So we have a Paul obsessive. Any mention of Palmer? I guess they might reveal him later down the line, cause Jun looks like a regular. And I am loving that Gardenia is really putting Cacnea to good use. I hope they actually meet up at some point to show how it's doing.

lol i like the way Fantina spun off of Brock at the beginning and WOW havent heard about Cacnea in a while and looks like Gardenia was able to get Cacnea to master drain punch

Did NOT see Jun's admiration of Paul coming at all. That just added a whole new dimension to his character. Like Sinneth said, I hope this turn of events is referenced or has a plot developing for it later on.

Oh, and Cacnea's kicking butt. Awesome!!

I believe this is the 109, 569 Staraptor we see in the anime. By the time Staravia evolves if it does I won't feel a thing.

Glad to see Empoleon.

Man, a lot of quality moments in this episode, such as James' flashback (and the music) being cut short by Meowth dragging him away, and of course Jun running headfirst into Ash. Twice. XD

Is it just me, or does Shimura do her best work with battles, yet everything else is average?

Cacnea flashback = WIN
    Chimchar beating a Staraptor = EPIC WIN

Speaking of, there were some damn impressive acrobatics going on during that fight.

Wow, Roserade wasted no time in beating the crap out of Chimchar. o_O

Man, what was up with all the close quarters combat in this battle? Not that I'm complaining...it was a nice change from all the Ice Beams and Hyper Beams that usually get thrown around in every other episode, but still, it's kinda wierd...

And of course, Empoleon had to have the obligatory HYPAAAA BEEAAAAMMMMUU!! And I never expected it's voice to be so high...

Gliscor vs Roserade was pure unadulterated awesome!

GSC battle music! ^__^

I was expecting Pokemon Symphonic Medley to show up, but thank Arceus it didn't.

And lol @ Empoleon flying.

-Jun didn’t even have to try in order to become a favourite of mine. The guy was already fun in the games, but the animé took it the whole 10 yards. Along with Conway, he’s easily the most entertaining character since Harley, so the fact that he’s probably going to be around ‘til Diamond and Pearl’s end is superb.
    "I've got it, I've got it, Mushashi, Kojiro and Nyarth, yeah, yeah." Was easily the best motto-interruption for a long time.

-Likewise, James' emotional, melodramatic trip down memory lane was a corker.

-I was watching the battle and all the while I couldn’t help thinking to myself '...Good god. Is this really the same person we were so despondent to have working on this show during the Battle Frontier?'. It’s remarkable to see just how far Izumi Shimura has come since then, and anyone who can badmouth an episode like this must be mad. Either that, or blind. This woman deserves nothing but praise.

-Speaking of which; All three of those fights were awesome. You can’t possibly go wrong with a Muku/Close Combat/MagmaAqua theme combo. If our favourite BIRD doesn’t learn that move, I shall be sorely disappointed.
    And to end this particular Muku.PARAGRAPH; Check out it’s leg when it crashes to the ground. If that ain’t broken, then I’m not a loser watching a kids cartoon.

-Ahh Roserade. No matter how likely it may be that you’ll become a future Steelix, You’ll always be second to the karate chicken. As short as the bouts may have been, they were definitely worthy of the $alary man’s sidekick.

-Emperte, you hilarious upper class fiend. Invest in an operation to rid those lungs of excess helium.

-Even with that square jaw and a hairdo that could home 4 separate colonies of bees, there's just....something about that woman that's...well...I should probably get out more, n'est–ce pas?
    In any case, I personally found her to be a lot more entertaining in this episode than she was the last time, and considering how well received she was by the majority for her performance during her debut, that's saying something. Particular favourite segments included her pirouetting out of Brock’s grasp, and that frankly strange hip wiggling. And of course, the engrish.

I was slightly disappointed by the brevity of Gliscor's battle in this episode. Did it even last a minute?

No, but it was still my favorite part of the battle. No long-range attacks, just straight up close combat ***-kicking.

Yah Jun is a reccuring rival for Ash. Its so awesome how Ash is getting all these awesome reccuring rivals haha.
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast