Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Barry's Busting Out All Over! (569)

Most likely he has 6 Pokemon if he has a strong team......I thought he just had the first 3 Ash got Jun must be a strong trainer!

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

awesome episode indeed
    From what i heard,when Jun was introduced,i think he said Shinji-"sensei"
    I didn't like Empoleon's voice(in fact,i liked the dubbed voice in movie 10 better :P)but i sure loved the battle,he almost got Pikachu.
    If he only used a different attack...
    Hydro Cannon looked ok imo,but i lacked a little bit of power as well
    @Korobooshi Kojiro:Empoleon was coming close to pikachu in a similar fashion he does in PBR when using physical attacks,i just realized that minutes ago
    And after coming close,he used Steel Wing,and in the battle of steel attacks,Empoleon got the win,probably because of stab and having two wings against one tail

EDIT:Rank up YAY!
    Last edited by kpt25; 6th November 2008 at 9:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Korobooshi Kojiro View Post
    *Someone pointed this out, but Gliscor has kinda gotten stronger all of a sudden. It didn't show any problems gliding in this episode, nor did it in the last one. Which is kinda odd, I guess. He popped the balloon...Pidgeotto would be ****** if it was around when Gliscor was.
    Could be a plot hole that the writers can't find a way out of and hope will be forgotten like the GS Ball. And yes, Pidgeotto would be ******.

*I think, or so WPM's summary mentioned, that Jun is probably a fairly-new trainer but quickly rushes to evolve his Pokemon. I guess it's kind of the "Surge" effect. He evolved them really fast, but didn't take the time to strengthen them up like Ash does. So I think, even though he has an Empoleon, it probably can't match up to Pikachu or Torterra yet.
    It reminds me of one of those gamers you see once in a while that just train one Pokemon and not the others. Maybe the writers were trying to reference that.

* I really liked that jazz music that played for Jun. Dunno if it's lifted from one of the jazzy Pichu shorts, or if it's new.
    There is one little bit of it that I am absolutely positive that is one of the Pichu BGMs. Not too sure about the rest of it though....could be a compilation.

It was really high, especially compared to Dai's Empoleon (the raw) in Movie 10.

It was still a very penguin-esque voice though, which is what makes it so irritating. Would have worked wonders on a Prinplup, but the big guy? Not so much.

Then again, reading over your point about him evolving his pokémon as soon as possible, perhaps it's just to signify how 'young' it is?

*sigh* I have a feeling that Ash is gonna beat Paul in the Sinnoh League and lose to Jun

These battles today were made of pure awesome!

Chimchar dodgin'! Starraptor Close Combatin'!
    Roserade and Gliscor goin' all Rocky vs. Apollo leading to DKO!
    Pikachu against Titan Empoleon!

Oh and the game's rival character was there too!

I wish there was a way to GIF those moments!

Default i love that spastic kid

happy jun day guys! *some spoilage ahead in case u havent seen it*
    jun just cracks me up. "nandayo nandayo nandattenda yo!" id been waiting for him to appear in an ep and my wish came true *runs to mark day on calendar to celebrate anniversary*
    anyway back on track, his idolizing of shinji is highly misguided. but he's not as cold as shinji, he just wants to be strong and get strong quickly (we all do in our games--admit it ^_^ but we're not as unrealistic about it as he is) but he's obviously very confident in his pokemon as well and teaches them very good moves which is good but it isn't enough. ash tells him that the heart and learning from losses is what's really important and that someday you'll get strong. but "someday" doesn't quite work for our hasty blond friend."'someday' is no good, i want to become strong fast" he says in response. but after losin to ash he's invited to watch ashs gym battle to learn ash's much better battle method. im sure our little friend can pull it together. let's hope he stays with them, if not forever, then at least a good 5 episodes like todd/snap did. he's a good source of naive comedy. it'd be a waste if we only got two episodes of him.

Are Jun and Dawn childhood friends?

I think Dawn mentioned seeing him before, but not to the extent she knew him as well as Kenny and that one chick.

chimchar is very flexible. he was just punking staraptor left and right. that was sick, and gliscor and roserade was very fight club-esque. oh, i expected emploeon to have a deep voice.
    Name: Josh
    Friend Code: 0473 4442 4614
    avid SB collector

Quote Originally Posted by Korobooshi Kojiro View Post
    *I think, or so WPM's summary mentioned, that Jun is probably a fairly-new trainer but quickly rushes to evolve his Pokemon. I guess it's kind of the "Surge" effect. He evolved them really fast, but didn't take the time to strengthen them up like Ash does. So I think, even though he has an Empoleon, it probably can't match up to Pikachu or Torterra yet.
    Strange since he only has one Pokemon (that we know of) who can evolve rather quickly. With no apparent levels in the anime, there isn't any guarantee simply training the Pokemon will cause it to evolve quickly. Look at Ash's Squirtle for proof.
    Pokemon: The Theme of Secrets

At long last, I am returning with my Fan-Fic. Just need to find a better host. Blogger has done its course but I need just a little more recognition.

I freaking HATE "Mega" Evolution.

This was a good episode. I really liked Jun. I was kinda shocked at how fast Staraptor fainted. Wow. Go Chimchar!

Also, what was that attack GLiscor used against Roserade?
    Current Black Team: Rivka (Stoutland), Elmo (Musharna), Scarlett (Whimsicott), Gabriel (Carracosta), Reese (Klang), Sean (Mienfoo); all are at level 47. Currently in Victory Road.

Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Zard View Post
    Assuming he makes it in since he only has three badges.
    Well Ash is only at 5 now, so Jun has plenty of time to catch up. Likewise I doubt Jun stops to help every little filler character with a problem like Ash does, so Ash gets sidetracked a hell of a lot more from his adventure.

Quote Originally Posted by poshamma View Post
    They don't know each other, but I think they started out in the same town? Not sure.

Default sadly i dont think so

Quote Originally Posted by poshamma View Post
    she seems to remember him because he's also from futaba, but he has absolutely no clue who she is, saying, "oh really? but i really dont know you at all "
    so it would appear that they aren't. they just happen to stay in the same town

They don't know each other, but I think they started out in the same town? Not sure.
    They're from the same town (so Twinleafshipping keeps it name .....), but they don't know each other, or at Jun doesn't know her.

Default how long will jun tag along????

i hope he stays all the way up to AT LEAST ep 104.
    i saw the name of that ep "Cresselia VS Darkrai" and i think that ep will b heavy and interesting. i want our little blond friend to be there for that. (but my real wish is for him to stay with them like..forever) it'd b cool if he stayed up to ep 108 "Riley and Lucario!" too, but i dont wanna push luck.

i love the way he was repeating everyones name over and over again, trying to think of who they are.

Satoshi, Satoshi, Satoshi...Takeshi, Takeshi, Takeshi...Hikari, Hikari, Hikari...

he cracked me up something awful.

just watched the episode and its very cool especially the battle..

hey, the ending grotles not in it maybe they'll change it in the fantina episode

Quote Originally Posted by Usagi777 View Post
    i hope he stays all the way up to AT LEAST ep 104.
    i saw the name of that ep "Cresselia VS Darkrai" and i think that ep will b heavy and interesting. i want our little blond friend to be there for that. (but my real wish is for him to stay with them like..forever) it'd b cool if he stayed up to ep 108 "Riley and Lucario!" too, but i dont wanna push luck.
    I like your idea, have him stay in the Cresselia V.S Darki episode I think it'd be cool if he got involved with that stuff. Hopefully since Jun seems to have positive reaction from the fans hey'll keep appearing. I'd love him in episodes like these, yes.
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

he should stay up until DP106/107...That way, hes here for Canalave.

My thoughts on the battle:

Chimchar vs. Staraptor:
    This was a really good battle, nice to see Chimchar take this one home. Other than going crazy and beating Ursaring, it hasn't won a battle in quite some time.

Chimchar vs. Roserade:
    Although Chimchar had the advantage, Roserade's Poison-Jab-Spam made it believable enough that Roserade could beat Chimchar.

Gliscor vs. Roserade:
    This was a good battle, and I like how they made it a draw. Although the X-Scissor and Poison Jab spamming was a little excessive, it was a cool battle, and it was good to see that Gliscor is getting stronger.

Empoleon vs. Pikachu:
    This battle was probably the best animated, but I hated how they did the standard 'Pikachu is losing, then Ash calls out it it and it wins instantly' thing.
    I'm back

Quote Originally Posted by Thriller View Post
    Strange since he only has one Pokemon (that we know of) who can evolve rather quickly. With no apparent levels in the anime, there isn't any guarantee simply training the Pokemon will cause it to evolve quickly. Look at Ash's Squirtle for proof.
    Well if Jun actually cares for his pkmn, they might have evolved cause thats what he wanted and they wished to please him. Like how Arbok and Weezing did for Jessie and James and the Poochyena did for Max.

This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciatted starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter,
    put this in your sig . Started by Dax-360

Jun is clearly the second Paul in this series.

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

Quote Originally Posted by the1stpkmnfan View Post
    Jun is clearly the second Paul in this series.
    I hope he beats his high and mighty ***.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast