Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Barry's Busting Out All Over! (569)

I LOVE JUN SO MUCH!

Okay after that I will like to say that I never thought ever that Shimura was animating this episode. That was incredibly well animated, she did such an amazing job it baffles me. I still can't believe it's her because I always thought her job was just "okay" and nothing special. This episode proved me so wrong.

Jun is the best addition to the show so far. Not only he has an amazing team but he's super entertaining, not annoying, he has an incredible look and his voice is crazy. Dump Brock and make him join, please!

Brock’s dance when he saw Fantina was hilarious and so was James and his Cacnea love.

I’m glad to see that Jessie still acknowledges Seviper after getting a new pokemon. I expected Seviper to get the shaft, but it’s still appearing and doing a “good” job for Team Rocket.

Staraptor while appearing too much was great to watch so was Roserade. Under great animation and a great battle you can enjoy even the most annoying pokemon in existence. Empoleon was amazing but the voice bothered me. It didn’t fit the pokemon for me.

Hyper Beam…-___-

If Staravia evolves and doesn't learn Close Combat I'll smash my computer. That attack while simple was too awesome.

Amazing episode. One of my favorites.

Quote Originally Posted by Dax View Post
    I LOVE JUN SO MUCH!

Okay after that I will like to say that I never thought ever that Shimura was animating this episode. That was incredibly well animated, she did such an amazing job it baffles me. I still can't believe it's her because I always thought her job was just "okay" and nothing special. This episode proved me so wrong.
    Yep. Definitely her best since Lucario vs Buizel IMO.

Jun has such a boycrush on Paul. Ash's permanently disgruntled rival is going be so happy. Yeah...

I just loved Jun-quirky and nervy but all in all really entertaining. His pokemon are all fully evolved but judging from the battle against Ash, his pokemon are really low in defense. How can a single flamethrower take out a Staraptor? Ash's pokemon can usually take a lot of hits even with a type disadvantage.

Quote Originally Posted by Dax View Post
    I LOVE JUN SO MUCH!

Jun is the best addition to the show so far. Not only he has an amazing team but he's super entertaining, not annoying, he has an incredible look and his voice is crazy. Dump Brock and make him join, please!

Brock’s dance when he saw Fantina was hilarious and so was James and his Cacnea love.

I’m glad to see that Jessie still acknowledges Seviper after getting a new pokemon. I expected Seviper to get the shaft, but it’s still appearing and doing a “good” job for Team Rocket.

Staraptor while appearing too much was great to watch so was Roserade. Under great animation and a great battle you can enjoy even the most annoying pokemon in existence. Empoleon was amazing but the voice bothered me. It didn’t fit the pokemon for me.

Hyper Beam…-___-

If Staravia evolves and doesn't learn Close Combat I'll smash my computer. That attack while simple was too awesome.

Amazing episode. One of my favorites.
    Yah man I love the idea of Jun replacing BrockXD
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

Quote Originally Posted by shac View Post
    I just loved Jun-quirky and nervy but all in all really entertaining. His pokemon are all fully evolved but judging from the battle against Ash, his pokemon are really low in defense. How can a single flamethrower take out a Staraptor? Ash's pokemon can usually take a lot of hits even with a type disadvantage.
    It's probably following game mechanics: Close Combat lowers the user's Defense and Special Defense, and Staraptor really isn't strong in Sp. Def. to begin with, so falling to a single flamethrower really isn't that farfetched.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic Boom View Post
    It's probably following game mechanics: Close Combat lowers the user's Defense and Special Defense, and Staraptor really isn't strong in Sp. Def. to begin with, so falling to a single flamethrower really isn't that farfetched.
    then again Jun was panicking when the first flamethrower nearly made contact.

It could be his Staraptor was recently evolved or something since i bet Ash's Staravia could kick it's butt, even Reggies Starpator put up more of a fight.

my fav part of the battle, Roserade and Gliscor beating the heck out of each other until both fainted, nothing riles me more than a good old fashioned fist fight to the death..though in this case it was rose vs claw.

I see they once again broke the laws of stand and recover after a hyper beamish move is used as well, and Hydro Cannon still looks dorky, Empoleon's looks like a normal water Pulse almost.

I hope whenever Blast Burn comes out in the anime it doesn't look retarded since so far Frenzy Plant is the only good looking elemental hyper beam move.
    Last edited by Almighty Zard; 6th November 2008 at 6:57 PM.

The episode was great, & i liked the Hydro Cannon attack which Jun's Empoleon used (but it looked a bit low powered than "Frenzy Plant" attack in the anime & a lot like Dawn's Swinub's & Paul's Weavile's "Ice Shard" attack). And by Jun's Empoleon using Hydro Cannon attack & Paul's Torterra knowing 'Frenzy Plant' it seems that we will see Ash's Chimchar learn 'Blast Burn' if it evolves to Infernape. But at the same time i am a bit sad that since Jun is going to be a reoccuring character we will not at all see Dawn's Piplup evolve at all (atleast till the Sinnoh league is over).

Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Zard View Post

my fav part of the battle, Roserade and Gliscor beating the heck out of each other until both fainted, nothing riles me more than a good old fashioned fist fight to the death..though in this case it was rose vs claw.
    My god, I absolutly loved that part of the battle. I wish we could battles like that more often! Fistfight battles like that are the best, hands-down.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucario At Service View Post
    The episode was great, & i liked the Hydro Cannon attack which Jun's Empoleon used (but it looked a bit low powered than "Frenzy Plant" attack in the anime & a lot like Dawn's Swinub's & Paul's Weavile's "Ice Shard" attack).
    Really? I thought it looked more like an Ice Ball.

And by Jun's Empoleon using Hydro Cannon attack & Paul's Torterra knowing 'Frenzy Plant' it seems that we will see Ash's Chimchar learn 'Blast Burn' if it evolves to Infernape.
    We've never seen a Blast Burn in the anime, haven't we? I really want to see if it's like Blast Burn in Colleseum/XD.

It grasping straws, but I'd like to see Infernape learn Blast Burn form Ash's Charizard. Each time Charizard has returned to Ash since the Johto League (or it could have been since Noland), it has learned a new attack at the Charicific Valley. If the pattern continues, I want it to come back with the strongest fire attack to prove its might, and to help bring about Infernape's eventual might.

But at the same time i am a bit sad that since Jun is going to be a reoccuring character we will not at all see Dawn's Piplup evolve at all (atleast till the Sinnoh league is over).
    I thought that Pokebeach interview confirmed that Piplup wouldn't be evolving? It's sad, of course, but it evolving is just as likely as Pikachu evolving atm.

I'd like to Cacnea evoloves.

This was a pretty fun episode.

-Love how they kept in Jun's gimmick of bumping into the main character.

-Yes! They BETTER have given Jun a voice like his. I'm so tired of people basing characters supposed sexuality on looks. Jun's is perfect, not too deep and not to high-pitched.

-Love how Jun interrupted the TR Motto.

-Glad they're not abandoning the Cacnea storyline. Hope this means we will see it again.

-Why, why, why does NoA insist on keeping up with that incredibly annoying tradition of making the Gym Leaders name have something to do with their choice of type? Melissa is such a perfect name for the Ghost Trainer and it's even an English name!

-No Grotle, darn.

-Close Combat looks so awesome performed by Mukuhawk. I'm so glad Gamefreak gave it that move. It pwns every molecule in existence.

-Wow, Chimchar could beat Mukuhawk but not Roserade, a Pokemon it should have been strong against?

-Meanwhile, Gliscor ties against Roserade, a Pokemon it should be weak against?

-Ok, please tell me what that Ball Shaped move Empoleon used was. I'm dieing to know.

-My guess as to why Grotle wasn't included in the ending is because of the different coloring style used in most of the Pokemon's appearance in it.
    Pokemon: The Theme of Secrets

At long last, I am returning with my Fan-Fic. Just need to find a better host. Blogger has done its course but I need just a little more recognition.

I freaking HATE "Mega" Evolution.

Quote Originally Posted by Thriller View Post
    -Wow, Chimchar could beat Mukuhawk but not Roserade, a Pokemon it should have been strong against?
    Chimchar had sustained some damage from Staraptor beforehand so the loss is understandable.

-Meanwhile, Gliscor ties against Roserade, a Pokemon it should be weak against?
    More like they were neutral to each other.

-Ok, please tell me what that Ball Shaped move Empoleon used was. I'm dieing to know.
    I hope your being sarcastic...if not that was Hydro Cannon, still as dorky looking as when Gary's used it, heck Empoleon's can practically be passed off as a water pulse.

Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Zard View Post
    I hope your being sarcastic...if not that was Hydro Cannon, still as dorky looking as when Gary's used it, heck Empoleon's can practically be passed off as a water pulse.
    Then again, Shimura's animated Hydro Cannon both times it showed up, so it may be partially her fault. Meh, I still like hydro cannon, so it doesn't really matter to me...

So what attack was Gliscor using against Roserade? I haven't seen the episode yet and it's hard to tell from pictures.
    Quote Originally Posted by ?????? View Post
    i is afraid of bad grammarz in t3h title

Failure.
    ~The number 1 Mudkip fanatic!~
    ~Bebo - Facebook ~

~I was a Gligar fan BEFORE Satoshi got one!
    If you were too, copy and paste this in your sig.~

~Claims~
    ~Pokemon: Gligar~
    ~Anime Songs: Maemukki Rocketto-Dan / Ready Go! both from Pokemon~
    ~Celebrities: Terry Wogan - The Stig~
    ~Anime Bishie: Shinku from Rozen Maiden~

~I currently have 85 Trained Pokemon so pick 6 for Roulette Battles!~
    ~Diamond FC: 1376 1038 9979~

X-Scissor, I believe.

Wierd that it looks nothing like it apart from the generic glowing claws. But meh.
    Quote Originally Posted by ?????? View Post
    i is afraid of bad grammarz in t3h title

Failure.
    ~The number 1 Mudkip fanatic!~
    ~Bebo - Facebook ~

~I was a Gligar fan BEFORE Satoshi got one!
    If you were too, copy and paste this in your sig.~

~Claims~
    ~Pokemon: Gligar~
    ~Anime Songs: Maemukki Rocketto-Dan / Ready Go! both from Pokemon~
    ~Celebrities: Terry Wogan - The Stig~
    ~Anime Bishie: Shinku from Rozen Maiden~

~I currently have 85 Trained Pokemon so pick 6 for Roulette Battles!~
    ~Diamond FC: 1376 1038 9979~

There is one thing that I want to know. On serebii's character bio for Jun, it says that Jun likes Paul's training methods, but in personality he's completely the opposite and cares for his Pokemon. Is the bolded part actually true?
    Currently playing: Pokemon X
    Current Team: Talonflame, Greninja, Sylveon, , ,
    Current upcoming team(s): , , , , ,

What's been said about Jun leaves me with little to say on the whole other than reinforcing my belief that he escaped from Mother 3, the fan-translation of which I still have yet to test out.

Battle was good, if a bit short with each Pokemon taking minimal hits before being knocked out.

Ending the episode in the gym was a smart move, which means it will leave no time for dawdling before the battle next week.

Crap, I really have nothing to say about this episode. I know for some of you, the only thing that picks up your miserable week is to read my greatly exaggerated episode reviews that I've successfully fooled you into thinking are "witty". Sorry, but you're gonna have to remain miserable for now.
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

Just finished watching it, this episode was really good!

I love that Chimchar and Gliscor are getting some much needed battle-time, although I would have liked to see Grotle too.

Ash beating Jun was hilarious. I wonder if Jun will become more of a threat to Ash by the Sinnoh league? If Pikachu can already beat Empoleon, how are suppose to take Jun as a serious rival when Ash is going to have major evolutions later on and be even stronger?

The Cacnea flashback was awesome, I'm glad that James old Pokemon, like Chimecho and Cacnea, actually get good homes unlike Jessie's which seem to just be released.

Quote Originally Posted by Jigglychu View Post
    Well, well, looks like Cacnea learned Drain Punch after all...

Wonder if Cacnea beat Empoleon? Peobably not.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

This was a great episode. It felt like it was pretty action packed. I'm so glad Glion got in a battle and it looked pretty competent.
    Proposed Alpha Sapphire Team

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    Ash beating Jun was hilarious. I wonder if Jun will become more of a threat to Ash by the Sinnoh league?
    Assuming he makes it in since he only has three badges.

If Pikachu can already beat Empoleon, how are suppose to take Jun as a serious rival when Ash is going to have major evolutions later on and be even stronger?
    Pikachu had type advantage though, and Jun kept using moves like hyper beam that costed him in the end.

Are you going to say that about every rival that gets beaten, seriously i'm tired of the notion that rivals have to step on main characters until thier respective big events (GF, league) for thier final showdowns, and if you ask me this was a nice change of pace, besides Jun always loses in the games, so they probably wanted to reflect that here.

Wow I disappear from the Pokemon crowd for a long while for a break only to come back to some serious catching up to do. But let's save that for some other time and talk about the D/P in-game rival's anime debut under the name Jun.

Although I don't get why Jun of all people would want to follow in the steps of an ******* like Paul, ironically I actually like this guy. Hopefully he'll break away from idolizing Paul and find his own calling.

Maybe it has something to do with him surprisingly having a similar team to my in-game Diamond one. Mind you, I would say it's completely the same but having only seen 3 of his Pokemon, it's hard to judge by that. From what I've seen so far the only difference is that he has Staraptor instead of Honchkrow.

He probably doesn't realize Paul is an ***, but just impressed with his battling style.

Anyway, a few things:

*Someone pointed this out, but Gliscor has kinda gotten stronger all of a sudden. It didn't show any problems gliding in this episode, nor did it in the last one. Which is kinda odd, I guess. He popped the balloon...Pidgeotto would be ****** if it was around when Gliscor was.

*My favorite move of Empoleon, although I don't know the name, was when it tobogganed along the ground on it's chest-fin. I was hoping one of the penguins would pull that off (hell, toboggan should be some high-risk Ice attack in the next-gen I'd say).

*I think, or so WPM's summary mentioned, that Jun is probably a fairly-new trainer but quickly rushes to evolve his Pokemon. I guess it's kind of the "Surge" effect. He evolved them really fast, but didn't take the time to strengthen them up like Ash does. So I think, even though he has an Empoleon, it probably can't match up to Pikachu or Torterra yet.

* I really liked that jazz music that played for Jun. Dunno if it's lifted from one of the jazzy Pichu shorts, or if it's new.

Quote Originally Posted by Korobooshi Kojiro View Post
    *I think, or so WPM's summary mentioned, that Jun is probably a fairly-new trainer but quickly rushes to evolve his Pokemon. I guess it's kind of the "Surge" effect. He evolved them really fast, but didn't take the time to strengthen them up like Ash does. So I think, even though he has an Empoleon, it probably can't match up to Pikachu or Torterra yet.
    Huh...I just had a flashback to Lt.Surge for some reason...

Edit: Never mind, that's where you got the "Surge" effect from. :P

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast