Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Barry's Busting Out All Over! (569)

Quote Originally Posted by the1stpkmnfan View Post
    Jun is clearly the second Paul in this series.

In terms of the end result? Yes

In terms of getting to the end result? No. Jun has shown that he cares for his Pokemon and worries for their well-being, so he's not as cold as Paul.

I love Jun so much!!! <3 I personally think they should do a Pokemon Chronicles thing on him instead of him being a side character. Jun is so adorable, the way he says those three things all the time and crashes into people, his reaction to Kojiro was hilarious too. XD

Even though the battles were great and all, the episode is typical... Satoshi meets someone, Satoshi and person battle Team Rocket, Satoshi and person battle, Satoshi and person say goodbye/person joins the group for a few episodes. They really need to do specials focusing on their personal lives and other things in life than battling.

I was excited for the Cacnea reference! Just to see how James reacted was priceless. Hmmm, Jun doesn't seem like Paul at all. He may want to be like him.... but idk, he cares for his pokemon too much. I'm glad he's sticking around for the gym battle though.

By the way, I'm not 100% sure, but did Ash mention that Chimchar used to belong to Paul?

Pretty sure he did. Since Jun (I think) had seen the Hearthome Tag Battle and probably saw Ash end up commanding Chimchar.

I'm definately sure Ash let him know if not.

After watching this highly entertaining episode I rushed 150 km through Germany to comfort my best friend because she was so sad because of an idiot who broke her heart. And because of that I am too late to add anything interesting to this thread.
    Helping your friends really stops you in your tracks, I finally know how Satoshi felt back in Kanto when Gary was a step ahead of him all the time.

So, in short: Great episode, great Jun, great Cactus, great battles, great Shimura, great music, great greatness, great TeddiUrsa.
    Last edited by TeddiUrsa; 7th November 2008 at 2:04 PM.
    4 Generations - 8 Teams - 48 Pokémon - 1 Trainer

This episode was awesome, i really liked Juns personailty in the game and like it more so in the anime.

Lines such as:

"You've just bumped into me all of a sudden, i demand a fine"

"Come on release a pokemon, within the next ten seconds that is,9,8,7,6"

It cracked me up.I did enjoy the battle scenes and loved the animations.
    <3 CHARIZARD FAN FOR LIFE!! <3
    Torchic//Tailow//Shroomish//Aron//Ralts//Spheal

After watching the episode, I was so happy to see Gliscor in action, even though it was a draw. Chimchar finally gets a win after beating Staraptor. That must be one week Staraptor.
    My SS team

Ash is starting to get a kick butt team in battle demensions.

But the theme song is really dumb

Yeah, from the look of the images, the episode seems great! Even though he follows Shinji's methods of training PKMN, Jun doesn't look the type to work his PKMN to death. That's what makes his character more interesting.

Well it's a good thing to see that Jun gets a catchphrase as well. Like Ash has "Getto de ze!" and Dawn has "Hey Piplup! Go do something while I let Swinub rot!"
    Quote Originally Posted by ?????? View Post
    i is afraid of bad grammarz in t3h title

Failure.
    ~The number 1 Mudkip fanatic!~
    ~Bebo - Facebook ~

~I was a Gligar fan BEFORE Satoshi got one!
    If you were too, copy and paste this in your sig.~

~Claims~
    ~Pokemon: Gligar~
    ~Anime Songs: Maemukki Rocketto-Dan / Ready Go! both from Pokemon~
    ~Celebrities: Terry Wogan - The Stig~
    ~Anime Bishie: Shinku from Rozen Maiden~

~I currently have 85 Trained Pokemon so pick 6 for Roulette Battles!~
    ~Diamond FC: 1376 1038 9979~

Nice to see what happened to Cacnea. I also liked it when Pikachu defeated Jun's Empoleon so easily.

Jun uses Paul's training methods, but yet Paul wins and Jun doesn't. That has to stand for something.

Quote Originally Posted by Bliksem View Post
    Jun uses Paul's training methods, but yet Paul wins and Jun doesn't. That has to stand for something.
    Because Jun isn't as strong a trainer?

I'm sure this excites you, of all people, to see all these guys in the show now, all of which who want to be like each other.

I'm glad that James' Cacnea learned Drain Punch, his excitement might show us he'll get Cacnea back?
    this hope is treacherous, this daydream is dangerous.
    ~I've claimed Turtwig~

I didn't notice it in the game, but doesn't Jun remind anyone of Flapjack?

http://www.cvadsales.com/images/netw...n_flapjack.jpg

I could see this happening...

So is Electrode's Explosion in the Oak segment going to happen EVERYTIME, or is that a one-shot deal?
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

Quote Originally Posted by uber gon View Post
    So is Electrode's Explosion in the Oak segment going to happen EVERYTIME, or is that a one-shot deal?
    What do you mean? There's an Oak segment at the end of every episode, and each features a different Pokemon. Electrode is no different.

Default an ever lasting member?

how would u guys feel about our little blond friend staying forever anyway? you've already said that you'd want him to stay for canalave city and cresselia VS darkrai. And we all can agree that jun is an actual good source of entertainment as well. so with him around there will never b a dull moment. plus ash could show him the "better way to train" so this could help our jun's development as a trainer. so pretty much, it'd b best for everybody if our little blond friend became a permanent tag-along ^o^

PS: HAPPY JUN MONTH!!!! (yes this month has been dedicated entirely to jun. me and my friends r celebrating it.)

(PSS: i also just bought jun's shirt today. anyone kno where to get a green scarf for a good price?)

Plus, Jun might be changed in the Dub, by given a new name. That's if they decide on it.

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

I liked Jun's dynamic character but not his training methods/ideas. He has to realise that a pokemon's true strength comes from the heart.

Well this was an interesting episode. Too bad I can't understand Japanese, it would make Fantina's randomness make more sense. To be honest, I think this might be proof that James won't get Cacnea back. Otherwise it was good, although I would have like a longer battle. What attack was Roserade using against Chimchar and Gliscor? Also, what was Empoleon using?
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

Default empoleon and roserade

roserade was using poison jab
    empoleon was using hydro cannon

Awesome episode, Jun was great. I love his hyperactiv personality, it was hilarious at some moments. Cool voice and cool pok&#233;mon. Bad ending though with Empoleon's defeat, too bad Jun lost the battle, but it was kinda ment to happen I guess. But he'll become better and stronger, wait and see!

Not that his pok&#233;mon are weak, they just need a little bit more training.

It was nice too see Cacnea using Drain Punch in a Flashback. Good job Gardenia, now let it evolve into Cacturne and bring him back to James. Fingers crossed!
    Cacturne, The One and The Only!!!

Credit to LASL for this amazing banner!!

Credit to Gladeshadow!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Cacturne View Post
    It was nice too see Cacnea using Drain Punch in a Flashback. Good job Gardenia, now let it evolve into Cacturne and bring him back to James. Fingers crossed!
    With Harley still lingering in existance? I think not! >:\

Jun definetly is an interesting character I hope to see alot more of...Hopefully replacing Brock someday. lol jk

*~Openly Gay and Proud~*

Heres a translation of the conversation between Satoshi and Jun (The scene after beating Team Rocket and parting ways with Melissa)

Jun: I see, you and Melissa-san are going to battle.

Satoshi: Yeah, your going to challenge her again right?

Jun: Of course! If i can't beat her with my Emperte, i'll look for stronger pokemon and get them. And if not, i'll look for more. That way, no matter what gym leader you face, you can't lose, right?

Satoshi: Is that so... Just because you find strong pokemon doesn't mean you'll always win.

Jun: huh?

Satoshi: You have to think about your Pokemons skills and character and you have to train together and fight as one heart. Isn't that the most important?

Jun: Character, skills, heart?

Satoshi: Even if your weak right now, if you work hard, eventually you'll get strong. That's what I believe.

Jun: ”Eventually” is no good. You see, I wanna get strong fast. Overall, I wanna get strong, like Shinji!

Satoshi: Shinji...

*flashback*

That guy...

Jun: Shinji's so cool right? Don't you think so? Huh? Huh? Hey, what's wrong?

Hikari: Satoshi has battled Shinji before...

Jun: Battle!? With Shinji!? And then what? Did you win? Lose?

Satoshi: ...

Jun: Ah, I see, you definitely lost! Afterall, your opponent was Shinji, so it can't be helped...

Satoshi: What did you say!?
    Last edited by hatotab; 9th November 2008 at 4:57 AM.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast