Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: Barry's Busting Out All Over! (569)

This was a hilarious episode. Barry making fun of Ash and Dawn was an enjoyable moment. I found it weird though how Barry idolized Paul. He made it seem as though Paul had no flaws and was a model trainer. It was fun how we got to see Ash's reactions to all of it. It truly shows how much Ash hates Paul.

I noticed during the battle that Barry is quite aggressive. He doesn't back down from a fight and it shows that he takes his battling style from Paul. The only difference though is that Pail does it better.

Quote Originally Posted by thunderblade12 View Post
    For some reason I was ewxpecting Sean Schemal (sp?) to voice Barry
    I don't blame you, I was thinking the very same thing. But I'm okay with his voice. I'm also glad Ash finally won a match in such a long time, excluding Gym battles.
    My Team

Made by my good friend Charizard Champion#06
    Quote Originally Posted by Hero View Post
    Puberty is for the weak. I was born a man.
    LOL

Mario Kart Wii Friend Code: 3480 2939 6419
    Pm Me to add.
    PSN ID: CM-Matt

Finally , I get to write my review for this week's episode. Here we go:

A turbulent episode thanks to an impetuous, energetic Barry!
    A decent and entertaining piece of work if you ask me.

Good to see Fantina again! Our wannabe Frenchwoman is growing on me, you know. If only it wasn't for her exaggerated violet eye shadow...But this lady has that certain something( maybe because she somehow reminds me of Cynthia^^ )

Barry certainly is an interesting and promising character. Giving Ash new rivals every once in a while is an excellent way of motivating our hero and boosting his own skills.
    Just look what a profound system of rivalries we've got by now.
    I've been missing a true challenge for Ash for years, but, thank God, Sinnoh makes up for so much! I can't mention often enough what a great gift Pokemon DPP is!

For me, the funniest moment was Barry interrupting Team Rocket's motto and saying something like " Ok, ok, I got it already. It's Jessie , James and Meowth!" That unmistakably cynical remark of his was just priceless.

Unfortunately, there are some apsects which bothered me, though:
    - When it comes to the size of the chrarcters, the writers seem to be really inconsequent. In some episodes, especially at the beginning of the Sinnoh adventures, Ash seemed to have grown a bit, but in the current episode he was almost tiny, particularly if compared to Barry. I don't want see a kid! As the series advances on a whole, I also wanna see Ash advance and, of course, grow!

- How can that Gliscor, my arch-enemy in the Anime, fly that perfectly all of a sudden? Just a few epiosdes ago it still was that clumsy, awkward good-for-nothing, but, surprise, surprise, now it can fly like it had never done anything else... It couldn't have learned it over night, because such an important event would have been shown for sure.
    All I can say is "Hello again, DEM! I missed you" and "One more reason to hate that biggest failure of the writers ever, which robbed Ash of his well-deserved Riolu" (no, I'll never forget!) If only it would blast off together with Team Rocket...

- I wasn't content with the Battle between Ash and Barry! Successful though Ash may be in gym battles, but why in the world do the writers still have to make him look like a "newbie" in ordinary trainer battles?
    Yes, Ash won it, but you do have to admit that it was extremely close! Pikachu was as good as beaten and you couldn't help thinking that Ash was the geek who only won in an act of desparation. Unfortunately, a regrettable relapse into old times...:nono:
    Shouldn't we be allowed to expect a more "superior" Ash by now, considering how many battles he's already won?
    Especially in the face of his last superior victory against Crasher Wake, this one was quite sobering.

This episode had its pros and cons, so it's not easy to make a decision. Let's say:

6.5 / 7 out of 10 points
    ASH FOR THE WIN!
    Pokémon veteran since 1999

Words of wisdom from Serebii Chat:
    [01:37] <Brainless> I hate the WORLD.
    [01:37] <Trainer_Trixie> trade your soul on wifi

Quote Originally Posted by thunderblade12 View Post
    For some reason I was ewxpecting Sean Schemal (sp?) to voice Barry
    Now that I think about it... it would make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Brumrha View Post
    This sure is hilarious & fun, & I'll also mention that Barry is practically the same as his D/P/P counterpart; the guy is hasty, & is prone to jostling people left & right.
    That's what I loved about it. Not to mention the writers seem to really have done a good job with this guy. I mean, considering that the only game character from the game is Dawn (and lets face it, this one is more comparable to the player's Dawn, not the "ingame" one. And really, her persona is original), I suppose it is refreshing to see a character who mirrors his game counterpart very nicely.

That's probably the one thing that impressed me about this episode.

In any case, I got a kick from Barry, from the time that he demanded a fine from Ash, to the war that he fought against him. That war is just fast & furious, which is just the way I like it. It's a shame that not all of them can be like this...
    Exactly like the games. Not to mention the fact that he actually said "laugh out lout" and his repetitive countdowns.

I actually was not surprised that Ash won against him. Barry might blame it on luck, but I beg to differ; chances are, Ash took advantage of his hasty personality. If you rush into the war-zone without thinking straight, your as good as dead, Jim.
    I'd say so too. Let's also not forget that I find him deceivingly easy to beat in the games (I mean, his Pokemon aren't that high level when you're fighting alongside him against TG, so really, I'm glad the writers gave his Pokemon some... "awkward" movesets). MAJOR lol for having his Staraptor know Tackle.

Quote Originally Posted by ash_forever View Post
    Good to see Fantina again! Our wannabe Frenchwoman is growing on me, you know. If only it wasn't for her exaggerated violet eye shadow...But this lady has that certain something( maybe because she somehow reminds me of Cynthia^^ )
    She's the real French deal my friend. Also, the French have that effect on people (France French, not Quebec French. Sorry...).

For me, the funniest moment was Barry interrupting Team Rocket's motto and saying something like " Ok, ok, I got it already. It's Jessie , James and Meowth!" That unmistakably cynical remark of his was just priceless.
    I'm sure alot of us were thinking: "Wait, how does he know about them?" I mean, he hasn't had any further introduction besides the motto, and they haven't even gotten to the names, so how would he know. Nevertheless, that line was priceless. True though, regardless of how many times they change their motto, it'll still be annoying in some form.

Unfortunately, there are some apsects which bothered me, though:
    - When it comes to the size of the chrarcters, the writers seem to be really inconsequent. In some episodes, especially at the beginning of the Sinnoh adventures, Ash seemed to have grown a bit, but in the current episode he was almost tiny, particularly if compared to Barry. I don't want see a kid! As the series advances on a whole, I also wanna see Ash advance and, of course, grow!
    Barry's just tall, that's all.

- How can that Gliscor, my arch-enemy in the Anime, fly that perfectly all of a sudden? Just a few epiosdes ago it still was that clumsy, awkward good-for-nothing, but, surprise, surprise, now it can fly like it had never done anything else... It couldn't have learned it over night, because such an important event would have been shown for sure.
    I'm sorry you feel this way. (*plays the worlds smallest violin* )

Also, notice how far the pokeball actually went into the air without opening. That tells you that Ash is aware of the problem, and I'm sure he did that on purpose. Also, don't look too deep into simple things; you'll only hurt yourself. Though, considering your personal vendetta against the guy, I'll take that as your excuse.

There was more that I was going to respond to, but I just didn't feel like it. I probably could of, but it's not gonna do any difference.

As probably one of the funniest episodes I've seen in a while, I rather enjoyed this one. Barry was as funny as could be, and the fact that he "idolizes" Paul is quite entertaining (methinks he only considers the outcome of his training, I'd like to know what Paul himself would think about Barry. I wonder how Barry would feel afterwards ).

They showed off Pokemon Platinum Poketch (nice timing), and gave Fantina more screentime (I dunno why, it's fun to listen to that French accent for some reason. And a legitimately good one too. I wonder who does her voice?).

Barry mirroring his ingame persona was a sight to see, as it was entertaining. His voice fit quite nicely. It seems the writers are figuring things out a bit more now; this is the most accurate game to show I've seen in quite some time.

The little bit with Cacnea was neat, proving that James isn't as bad as the rest of Team Rocket. Though, the deliberate peril of Pikachu and Piplup towards Seviper and Carnivine was a bit... odd. Yes, I know they were doing that so Barry could help, but...

I'm still baffled at how Barry knows who Team Rocket are, despite any prior knowledge (Fantina not knowing is different).

Ash's battle against Barry was decent. Short, yet it shows that Ash knows that much more about raising Pokemon than Barry (lol @ Staraptor w/ Tackle).

*sigh* Wow, Barry is probably a new favorite character of mine. Just hilarious. Can't wait to see more.

*C_L*

"I'm not really here that much, if at all. I've moved on, to a different site."

"But, it's been fun. I'll come back every so often, but for the most part, I won't post much."

- Cobaltios

Such a great episode. I perfer Damion over Barry, but oh well. He's so energetic, too much caffene in his system. Can't wait for the next episode.

Alright, finally Barry makes his debut. I like his voice, and how he's
    just like his game counterpart. He's great, I actually laughed when
    he cut off Team Rocket's motto. That was priceless.

Can't wait to see his battle with Fantina, I'm looking forward to that
    more than Ash's battle. I'd LOVE for him to join the gang, if only for
    a little while.
    FC - 4339-3819-1503
    Safari Type is Bug

Barry's funny! But really annoying when he counts.

Is is just me or barry have 3 badges but one of themes fake!

Im giving credit to Pokesho
    We Are The Champions!

The badge is not fake. They simply decided to go the Kanto/Hoenn Route and give him a badge that isn't in the games.
    Currently playing: Pokemon X
    Current Team: Talonflame, Greninja, Sylveon, , ,
    Current upcoming team(s): , , , , ,

Oh! I didn't know that (!)
    The Coal Badge seems a bit diffrunt.

Im giving credit to Pokesho
    We Are The Champions!

I have a feeling that Barry/Jun only admires Paul for his battle style. Barry probably never even met Paul, which is why he didn't believe Ash when he told him that Paul released his Chimchar and Ash took him in. I bet that Barry is going to met Paul and bring up the "lie" Ash said about him releasing Chimchar and since Paul doesn't seem to be the type who is ashamed of any of his actions he'll probably tell Barry that Ash was telling the truth.

After that I bet Barry will come to realize that Paul is a jerk and will stop idolizing him. i just hope that he doesn't start idolizing Ash...

I really like the episode. I like both Barry's look and his personality. I hope he shows up often.
    I've officially claimed Swampert!

Quote Originally Posted by BogleDominic Crazy Anime View Post
    Oh! I didn't know that (!)
    The Coal Badge seems a bit diffrunt.
    It wasn't the Coal Badge, it was the Mine Badge.
    3DS Friend Code: 3609-1148-9481

RIP Original Y save file. Never using PokeBank again.

Quote Originally Posted by BogleDominic Crazy Anime View Post
    Barry's funny! But really annoying when he counts.

Is is just me or barry have 3 badges but one of themes fake!
    It's not fake badge, it's just Anime-Only badge. Anyways, Anime=/=Games...
    Hm, that Barry was pretty interesting guy, I liked him and battle between Ash and him... I just didn't like how Ash and Co. weren't nice to him, when they first met him...

Dunno if someones already said this, but...Paul and Barry? Reminds me of the Chuckle brothers.

I'm just glad they didn't mess up his voice.

I didn't like Barry, what a jerk.

He deserved to lose, because he was too cocky.

I was shocked at some of the results from their battle, i never would have thought Chimchar would lose to Roserade and that Gliscor would hang on as long as it did.

Credit to Mr. Joker for the Glee banner
    Credit to Skiyomi for the lovely Blue Snover banner

If anyone is interested in a custom ribbon for your profile pic, be sure to check out Ayra's sprite thread in the fanart section, if you want to take a look at her work have a look at my profile.

lol Barrys quite funny but I dont really like his cockyness and his admiration of Paul. His attitude with team rockets motto was funny though
    James finding out about Cacena was quite sweet though
    The battle was ok though but was surprised that Pikachu nearly lost

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyCharyZard View Post
    Dunno if someones already said this, but...Paul and Barry? Reminds me of the Chuckle brothers.
    I hope I'm not the only one who got this reference. Oh, the amusing imagery it produces.

When Empoleon used Hydro Cannon (which doesn't look like Water Pulse), you hve to recharge which Empoleon did not do. Water Pulse is technically supposed to like Rasengan from Naruto and have a wave of water behind it. It does look like Ice Ball and I think they should make it look like what i was like in the games. The battle was my favorite part. I liked the battling themes for Chimchar VS Staraptor, Chimchar (than Gliscor) VS Roserade. Barry's Staraptor having Tackle just doesn't sound right. What abut moves like Aerial Ace and Brave Bird? Or some move tutor moves like Heat Wave, maybe?

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

I think that the dubbed episode was alright . Barrys staraptor used tackel. and the Berry counts were funny .

Quote Originally Posted by Gravy View Post
    I hope I'm not the only one who got this reference. Oh, the amusing imagery it produces.
    You're not alone, they were good back in the day.

Ahh the memories.

Credit to Mr. Joker for the Glee banner
    Credit to Skiyomi for the lovely Blue Snover banner

If anyone is interested in a custom ribbon for your profile pic, be sure to check out Ayra's sprite thread in the fanart section, if you want to take a look at her work have a look at my profile.

One thing I'm really happy about is that they kept the jazzy theme music when they first introduced Barry. I liked that music in the Japanese version and was glad to hear it again in the dub. I loved Barry's voice, it sounds similar to what I always imagined he would sound like. I'm glad that they used a lot of Barry's phrases from the game, a nice addition. I think this was a great episode overall and can't wait to see Barry again.

3DS FC: 1950-8136-0088

... ... ... I think I'm a fangirl now. Barry is just too funny, and he's almost identical to his persona in the games. May I (mis)quote him in Eterna: "Always have your attacks land! Never let your opponents attacks land! That way, you'll be invincible!"

So yeah, with Platinum's lines it makes even more sense that they'd make Barry/Jun a Paul fanboy. (Halfway to a bromance, anyone?) Plus... he demanded a fine! so awesome.
    In place of the legends,
    This nightmare ends!

empoleon's voice fits more in the dub than in the OG ep. his jap. voice was a bit....underwhelming

Quote Originally Posted by Torpoleon View Post
    Barry's Staraptor having Tackle just doesn't sound right. What abut moves like Aerial Ace and Brave Bird? Or some move tutor moves like Heat Wave, maybe?
    This is Barry we're talking about. I was surprised at first, but not by much mind you.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravy View Post
    Sadly, I don't get it. Link to information would be kind of nice.

*C_L*

"I'm not really here that much, if at all. I've moved on, to a different site."

"But, it's been fun. I'll come back every so often, but for the most part, I won't post much."

- Cobaltios

Quote Originally Posted by ~*Mudkip Fantastic*~ View Post
    So what attack was Gliscor using against Roserade? I haven't seen the episode yet and it's hard to tell from pictures.

it was x-scissor
    Ash's team right now

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

If you deny any sort of existence of Iris's hair, put this into your sig (started by 5ilVer)

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast