View Poll Results: Love or hate uber users?

Voters
261. You may not vote on this poll
  • I love battling people using ubers.

141 54.02%
  • I hate them

120 45.98%
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Ubers on random WiFi, hate or love em?

Unhappy Weeeeeeeee!

I personally use Ubers. I luvz uberz!
    I don't really see what the problem w/ ubers is? they obliterate your EV'd OU pokemon, and make you feel bad. So what? you lost. Its like Ubers aren't even pokemon anymore. Their trophies to some people. they treat them with disrespect. This is wrong.

Meh... I've been in ten wifi battles on PBR and all of them spammed either Darkrai or another hacked pokemon, like that spiritomb with wonder gaurd. (Luckily toxic took it out.)
    On D/P/Pt, it's kind of the same, but a little less extreme. Yeah, you get the noobish hackers who die to even the worst stratedgy, but then you get the kids who use their starter, staraptor, and luxray OR Dialga, Palkia and Giratina, all with their original move sets.Makes me sad to beat them.
    OH EM GEE!!!
    GS REMAKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    *Trys to look cool*
    Not like I'm... excited or something

i hate versing ubers, especially teams of six ubers, it's just frustrating
    although when your team of non-uber pokemon beats them the feeling is pretty sweet

My Shinies

Current Targets: Virizion, Dratini, Groudon, Seviper

Latest shinies: Graveler & Floatzel - X - Completely Random - September 1st, 2014.

Fighting people with only ubers is bad enough, but when they fight with
    LV100 ubers, OH MY GOD! That is as annoying as it can GET on WI-FI!
    Name:Travis
    Black FC: 0518-6582-7956
    White FC:Will add soon
    DW:Pokeman493 (If you want to register me, use my black DW)
    Steam: Pokeman493
    Gamertag: Snivy493

Spoiler:- GenIV Info.:

Proud owner of a LV.100 Celebi!
    Proud owner of a TRU Arceus!

Looking for:
    Shiny female Ralts
    Legit only please.
    PM me for offers.

Quote Originally Posted by pokefantravis View Post
    Fighting people with only ubers is bad enough, but when they fight with
    LV100 ubers, OH MY GOD! That is as annoying as it can GET on WI-FI!
    You can't have level 100 Pokemon in PBR Wi-fi~
    It will go down to level 50, a common rule in PBR.

Since I sold my PBR some time ago, I like it when people use ubers on wi-fi, because 95% of the time I watch good trainers beat them into the ground. Then I imagine the baffled 9 year old kid whining and crying about how his Rayquaza was beaten by a st00pid Slaking.

...Yeah, I'm sadistic and evil.
    That Snorlax is a Spy

Talking

One time, My siblings and I decided to go on Wifi, and battle. I went in and battled this Noob named Ronaldo using a rental pass. My brother went on, and whopped Ronaldo's butt once again. My sister did'nt have a game at the time, so she used a rental team expecting to beat Roaldo. She then had to face a dude named Ash, with an entire team of Uber gods... I laughed for ten minutes straight.
    [IMG]http://i56.*******.com/epeveq.jpg[/IMG]
    Art By Me
    Color by Blue Harvest!!
    Animation using Flipnote Studio
    I haff claimed tangela. Nuff said.

i havent ran in to any of these guys yet, but i want too
    i want to professionaly kick theiranus.

Today I battled this guy who had six Darkrai. SIX FREAKIN' DARKRAI. Of which were four obviously hacked ones, and two Movie Event ones.

It was awful. My team didn't stand a chance.
    [IMG]http://*******.com/1oot2q[/IMG] Me, Flametrainer!!!!!! Me love Fire pokemon!!!!!

FlameTrainer's PokePet

Morphion the level 50 Dorapion!

FlameTrainer's PokePet

Mantiny the level 5 Tamanta!

Yeah, Ubers on PBR are so annoying! I would actually lean towards saying they should be banned, because I can't have many serious battles without having to suffer with some guy's Ubers. I think PBR (and the Poké Co. in general) should be aware with their fan's metagame and help use play it better y'know? Like by letting us fight on an Uber only server or something. Because normally Uber teams are just noobs who dont train or people just showing off their hacked shiny legendaries. I like to put them in their place by thrashing them with a Heracross, sure, but it doesn't half get repetitive when you do it for the 100th time and want to actually battle some serious person. I mean, yeah, like FlameTrainer said, you get idiots who use like 6 Dialgas or Shaymins or something, think "Oh, noes!" and then continue to whoop them in 10 seconds. When I first got the gam, 50% of my friend passes were like this. To me, I hate Ubers because the choice is so restricted and repetitive. Actually, for that reason, I personally challenge the whole metagame too. Garchomp should NOT be an Uber. Anyway, yeah, just 'cos you've got Roar of Time doesn't mean you can stop a Gengar Focus Blasting you. Noobs. And, to be honest, if I do find a serious Legendary team, I thrash them with my standard one anyway. Ubers feel so oddly generic.
    Over yonder horizon lies a region left dormant for 10 years...the region of Johto! Be prepared to brave the wave of nostalgic destruction as hoards of trainers are let loose on that sacred soil! Image hand drawn/coloured by me, Jacktoon.
    [IMG]http://i31.*******.com/291pdt5.jpg[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i26.*******.com/2ywbkoo.jpg[/IMG]
    CLAIMED: Poliwhirl, my absolutest favouritest.

I've never had a problem battling ubers. Seems everyone who uses them just assumes they can't lose and has no idea what they're doing. I'm not lying when I say I've swept uber teams with my Shuckle.
    Boobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Noob
    Garchomp should NOT be an Uber.
    It should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Kau the Lion View Post
    Seems everyone who uses them just assumes they can't lose and has no idea what they're doing.
    Not everyone. I'm perfectly concious I won't always win, and I'm sure I know what I'm doing.

Anyway, I just remembered I once battled a team with only legendaries. I was using Garchomp (my only EVd Pokémon back then, and I'm almost sure it used to be OU) and two others, I think they were Armaldo and Swampert.
    So Garchomp is faster than all of his Pokémon, and it OHKOs Rayquaza and Palkia with Dragon Claw, then he sends out Dialga. Garchomp takes away like 2/3 of its HP with Earthquake, Dialga uses Roar Of Time, Garchomp survives because of Focus Sash, and then finishes it with another Earthquake.

Easiest Wi-Fi battle ever.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678