View Poll Results: Love or hate uber users?

Voters
261. You may not vote on this poll
  • I love battling people using ubers.

141 54.02%
  • I hate them

120 45.98%
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Ubers on random WiFi, hate or love em?

I suppose I'm somewhere in the middle.
    It gets tiring if I run into uber team after uber, though I do feel accomplishment for beating a team of ubers with my own non-uber team.
    My online team:

Diamond Friend Code: 4038-2520-4784
    Battle Revolution Friend Code: 2964-5657-1905

I have never faced people with UBERS yet, how lucky, but i would imagine it being chaos if i were to face a team of UBERS who are all IV'd and EV'd trained

I have ubers, and some are EV trained, but the only time I fight Ubers is when I'm usin my OU team. Sad, but true.
    ^ It's kinda hard to get good IV's on an Uber, isn't it?

In truth, problem is 9 out of 10 Uber users use them because they feel strong. And they're not. 4 years for an EV trained Uber team, and I can't use it because:

1. Everyone uses OU (coughsmogonsfaultcough)

2. There are no separate tiers (coughnintendosfaultcough)

3. n00bers ruin the strategy of it all (coughlazynoobersfaultcough)

4. My OU team pwns n00bers. :P
    Last edited by LatiLover98; 13th November 2008 at 10:04 PM.
    Originally Posted by Serebii
    Hey...I could have saved this dex update and called it a stupid codename like Project Shiny Encounter or something crap like that and hyped it up

I have an IVd, Evd and Correct Natured Uber team. I feel bad about using it on PBR though. The only Uber I use on PBR is my Latios (with Leftovers not Soul Dew).

The one thing I dislike more than noobs who use Uber teams are the extremely overused Pokémon like Togekiss or Garchomp, it gets so monotonous seeing these two in 80% of the teams.
    I don't like Tiers, I like using everything, OU, BL, NU, UU, very rarely my Manaphy (Uber) and even some not fully evolved Pokémon like Mime Jr. () and Dusclops. However I hate battling entirely uber teams like the typical Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Kyogre, Deoxys and Rayquaza teams, it gets boring battling the same team after the 20th time.

Its quite annoying when using my non-ev'd & non ubers. But not as annoying as masters battle set 8
    Extremely Inactive on serebii. If you need to contact me. Contact me through secure. I am Top Gear at Secure.

I don't really care. I used to use Ubers a lot on my team, but they were EV trained, had good natures, and I actually knew how to use them and had good stratagies with them. But my whole team wasn't Ubers (Drapion, mah awsomez legit Zub-Zeeder Celebiz, Dugtrio, etc). But I don't battle on PBR (or D/P that much either, really) because I prefer too battle on Shoddy.

For the boards id say i dont hate nor love them! Edit! except for my legit japanese shaymin which is just for show! latias and lugia!
    Last edited by WolvesareFunny; 23rd November 2008 at 12:09 PM.
    lucario banner was okayed in signature rules and was deleted cuz some admin was mean and it's by DarkPrince.

my freind code for pokemon black is 1635 3473 3428

credit
    artist is sarahdee im not going to link to artists profile from here if mods want the link pm me
    btw i own the doberman character

Most of the time I enjoy kicking a whole team of ubers with my IV'd trained team.

i love the ubers.you dont know what pokemon theyhave so it is exciting!
    [IMG]http://i38.*******.com/2zhe5x4.png[/img] [IMG]http://i33.*******.com/33ze6bb.gif[/IMG] Credit to Medamence

It's so fun battling people over WiFi who use ubers! It's just so amusing when you mercilessly pound their Dialga's and Giratina's.

>:3

Well, I don't really 'love' it, but because I don't have any good normal pokémon, I just use them to win. You know. ;>

If you use an uber, you're too lazy and unselfconfident enough to use your own pokemon THAT YOU RAISED. I never used an uber online and never will. I will use overly used pokemon however like: Infernape, Electivire, Dragonite, Swampert, Blissey, Gallade etc. However I reach out into other tiers lke: BL tier (Blaziken) UU (Sandslah) and the all pwning and Wigglytuff (NU)

true original diva

I don't actully have PBR (getting it this Christmas) but the sense of satisfaction that you would get from taking down a team of ubers... bring it on, uber noobers!

I like battling against and with ubers
    My shinies:
    and

Is in the social group 'Pokemon Creators'

Don't enjoy them; they're almost every other battle for me. But they're mostly begining trainer who don't know how to EV train or use much strategy and are easy to beat.

I don't like them at all, they are seen by me all the time and they just make the battles boring. As long as you have the right types you can easily beat them. I hate it when people put non trained legendaries up to fight believing that because they have legendaries they will win. Those people are noobs.
    I have claimed Jynx!

Please click!

Tremble at the adorability of BABY TANGROWTH! Created by the incredibly skilled 705030!

I hate all uber users. Unless they are poorly trained then they do not make a good fight because ubers have good stats.

platinum fc: 4082-1570-0219

heartgold fc: 4039-8915-9109

pearl fc: 1934-2961-8158

Well, if I use my own uber Pok&#233;mon, many ones could be surprised because I trained them well. I've to train my Giratina (a physical one), Rayquaza that I obtained in a trade in GTS and a Ho-oh shiney. By the way, this Ho-oh works in Wi-Fi so it's a legit. I've my Garchomp too. I often use my Weavile in these battles and I could use some new Pok&#233;mon I got yesterday. But if I don't use my ubers, I definitely hate them so I'm neutral.

I hate people who go spaz about uber users not knowing how to battle. I mean, the Wi-Fi system is for everyone, not just OU EV trained things all the time. If you want perfect EV competitiveness, then just go on the Smogon battley thingy.

I have left Serebii for greener pastures. These pastures, to be specific.

I just hate those who don't know how to battle, using these Ubers like Rayquaza or Kyogre. They seem powerful, but frail.

For me, I just abuse ubers and destroy uber haters...kinda the opposite of what people would do.

The thing is they underestimate me. Their guard goes down and it becomes an easy sweep. Things like Heracross' Choice Scarf Megahorn or Close Combat are so predictable I just go to Giratina and set up. I see a number of people trying to take Giratina down with status moves, which are immediately remedied by Rest. The fact that my Giratina is Shiny also conceals the stats inside. It's Bold natured, has amazing IVs and I guarantee that it's completely legal (proven by IV/PID/TID/SID combinations).

Unluckily for me I keep on running into OU people and not Ubers :/. I WANT an uber match, not countless OU ones which I'm tired of.

That doesn't mean that I win 100&#37; of the time. I lost twice to OU team, but they had hax advantage over me (stupid CHing Staraptor >_>). I remembered using an OU team on PBR a couple of times before, and it was successful, but not as satisfying because I don't sense that likely psychological image in the opponent

I really don't care if I use ubers and they use something else. That's simply because 99% of them think they're tough enough to beat up my stuff.

People who hate uber users are just scrubs and don't know how to play the game. Hating ubers is fine (with good reasoning), and the hate in battling them is too, but hating uber users is not. The excuse "they don't have skill" really backfires on them for not acknowledging that ubers DO require a good amount of skill, BECAUSE of their intense power.

What really ticks me off is when people abuse Sleep Caluse' absence and Spore/Dark Void my whole team. This forces me to carry Sleep Talkers...
    aka Jibaku on Smogon

I hate ubers for one reason and that is that any Wi-fi newbie can come in with uber team and smash your EVed one with stupid moves and high deffences. (Dark Void/Speed Deoxis)

The same applies for SSB Brawl in that, "You can spend 15 years practicing and learning every slightest thing and still lose to somone randomly smashing buttons". Yahtzee Croshaw.

It seems now that ubers were put into pokemon as a handicap for people who couldn't make it past the elite four, just like the automatic drift option was put into Mario Kart for those who were to incompetent to be able to hold down the R button as they went arround a stupid turn.

And plus, Ubers are just boring to face because all their movesets are the same: Giritina w/ Shadow force; Dialga w/ Roar of time ect....
    Last edited by Shadow-Sneak; 30th November 2008 at 4:41 AM.

I'm sorry Dave... I'm afraid I can't do that.

Hmm I don't like facing ubers(they're too strong) but it is so fun when you beat them and they D/C..
    Although I like it when ubers are on my team
    [img]http://i31.*******.com/1zq6ou1.png[/img]

Love 'em. They provide lots of laughs since overdoses on Ubers are usually indicative of a player who knows nothing about the game (I can't tell you how many times some legendary dragon has attempted to Earth Power my Rotom). Plus it's really, really satisfying when you create a balanced team that can break an Uber opener. IE: 2-turn-KOing Darkrai with Dragonite and Blissey. I use an Uber myself, mind you, but only one (at current Palkia).

Overall it just gives you a nice idea of what to expect. When players over-focus on Ubers they tend to limit their available strategies, not to mention there are only so many players who bother to strategize at all when playing Ubers on Wifi. Meanwhile the non-Uber teams can get surprisingly imaginative. If we didn't have Ubers on Wifi, the Uber-players would just throw together random OUs and it wouldn't really be any different.
    Last edited by Hypershell; 2nd December 2008 at 5:53 AM.
    3DS code: 0946-2234-4637
    Version X Trainer name: Aislinn
    Friend Safari: Spearow, Tranquill, Tropius

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast