Thread: Comments not showing on Youtube Mobile

Default Comments not showing on Youtube Mobile

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but hopefully it is.

Today all of a sudden, all the Youtube videos I watch on my phone say comments are disabled, even on my own videos. Anyone know why and how to fix this?

Thanks in advance!
    Omega Ruby Team:

3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97 | PSN ID: Ultra_Zach97
    Claims: Blastoise, Super Smash Bros. for Wii U, Joel from The Last of Us, Law & Order: SVU, The Dark Knight Rises & Multi-Man Smash theme

Strange, it works on my Tablet and Phone both running YouTube 6.0.13, which is the one of the latest versions available. (By the way, Tablet is Nexus 7 running Lolipop 5.0.1(latest non-dev version), and my phone is Jellybean 4.4, both reasonably current.)

First update Youtube via the Google play Store. This may not be possible, if you device is too old.

Check your account on the Pc, you may have been blocked from commenting.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

MikeSharpeWriter.com

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

I'm using a Galaxy S4 and on the Play Store it says it doesn't need an update. Comments work perfectly fine on PC. Should I delete and then redownload the app?
    Omega Ruby Team:

3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97 | PSN ID: Ultra_Zach97
    Claims: Blastoise, Super Smash Bros. for Wii U, Joel from The Last of Us, Law & Order: SVU, The Dark Knight Rises & Multi-Man Smash theme

Quote Originally Posted by Torpoleon View Post
    I'm using a Galaxy S4 and on the Play Store it says it doesn't need an update. Comments work perfectly fine on PC. Should I delete and then redownload the app?
    Strange indeed, I know that some Lolipop users had issues with Youtube. But the Galaxy S4 Models all run Jellybean or Kitkat, not Lolipop, and the issue wasn't commenting, it was actually watching a Video.

Yes, deleting update and reinstall could work. You'll find the options needed to this in the Setting -> Apps/Application Manager -> YouTube.

While you at it make sure most the Google apps are updated, as Youtube commenting may use this.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

MikeSharpeWriter.com

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

Deleting it and uninstalling it didn't work.
    Omega Ruby Team:

SkittyOnWailord is offline ☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣

The comments on the Play Store are saying it's a problem with the newest update. You'll have to wait for them to fix it with another update.
    なにがでるかな!?

I'm here, I'm furry, And I'll try not to shed. =^_^=

Chimecho👉🎐 Octillery👉🐙 Piplup👉🐧 Omanyte👉🐚 Scolipede👉🐛 Wailord👉🐳 Lumineon👉🐠 Torkoal👉🐢 Pidove👉🐤 Skitty👉🐱

Ok, thank you!
    Omega Ruby Team: