Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Shield With A Twist! (570)

Great episode. I liked every part of it.

what did jun say about hiko and shinji?

I loved this episode, Animation was smooth, battles were good (Pikachu getting owned made me happy, not to mention Chimmy setting the win in stone), Fantina's random bursts of English. And I was surprised to see Jessie win her 2nd ribbon. This probably means she's making it to the GF.

*~Openly Gay and Proud~*

Between Mother 3 (curse you, Gravy), Banjo-Kazooie (again, curse you, Gravy), a mountain of school projects and drama with girls (ah heck, I'll blame Gravy for those, too), it's a wonder that S.Suikun was able to watch this sucker at all. He totally forgot what it was like to be able to actually enjoy a gym battle without being distracted by the miscoloring of Buizel's eye or something trivial like that.

Buizel should really get a new job as a fountain sprinkler. It won't stop people from coming up with the most inane reasons for hating it, but it pays! And who can blame Drifblim for wanting to pinch Pikachu's cheeks and then giving it a fat smooch? That thing is so doggone adorable! Like an old lady pinching the cheeks of a 6-year-old. Yeah. Adorable.

Jessie's contest win no doubt opens up further speculation about a potential GF appearance, though unless they from here on out give her a contest win after each badge Ash earns, it's gonna be too little, too late. Count in the ribbons that Dawn still needs and I don't think it's as feasible as some make it seem.

Though it certainly destroys people's theories about only one contest being held in each city per year. But really, does it truly make sense to build a huge contest hall that only holds one event per year?

I am also quite shocked at the fact that no Movie 10 music was used in an episode like this. Folks were complaining how pieces like Darkrai's theme were "out-of-place" in generic battles, but with a ghost theme, you'd think it would have been more suitable here.

I'd call this a fantastic episode, but that fact that Zoey was featured for a split second in a flashback automatically degrades the other 21:59 of the episode. Oh silly Suikun, so anal about the little things. So creepy in that way that he speaks about himself in the third person. My precious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thriller
    - So looks like Jun already battled the Canalave gym leader and lost (who's name I am not repeating because not only is it a dumb name in general, I've had it with NoA and their Gym leader naming habits.
    Surprised you'd rag on Byron, which is actually one of the few normal gym leader names this generation. I know a couple Byrons, whereas stuff like Roark and Volkner are very uncommon as last names, and nonexistant as first names.
    Quote Originally Posted by Electivirus
    It was a piece from movie 5, though I can't be bothered to remember the name...
    Movie 9, actually. The part where Ash is carrying the crystal.
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

Quote Originally Posted by S.Suikun View Post
    Movie 9, actually. The part where Ash is carrying the crystal.
    I was really referring to the music that started up when Chimmy layed the smackdown on Drifblim. Or maybe my memory just really is that bad. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Electivirus View Post
    I was really referring to the music that started up when Chimmy layed the smackdown on Drifblim. Or maybe my memory just really is that bad. :P
    Yeah. I'm pretty sure that was Movie 9 material. One of my favorite movie BGM pieces, actually.

EDIT: Wait, the user you quoted was talking about Mismagius, not Drifblim.
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

Yeah. I'm pretty sure that was Movie 9 material. One of my favorite movie BGM pieces, actually.

EDIT: Wait, the user you quoted was talking about Mismagius, not Drifblim.
    Whoops. :P I guess my memory IS that bad. o_O

Sorry, guy.

Anyway, I suppose that they're saving the Movie 10 music for the upcoming Darkrai/Cresselia episode.
    Last edited by Electivirus; 13th November 2008 at 9:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Electivirus View Post
    It was a piece from movie 5, though I can't be bothered to remember the name...
    Latias no Mote. Dunno what that means, but it's one of my favorite BGM's (from one of my favorite scenes in a movie, Movie 5's neato chase scene)

Quote Originally Posted by S. Suikun
    Surprised you'd rag on Byron, which is actually one of the few normal gym leader names this generation. I know a couple Byrons, whereas stuff like Roark and Volkner are very uncommon as last names, and nonexistant as first names.
    It's still an uncommon name. And names like "Roark", "Volkner", and "Gardenia" prove NoA really needs to stop this gimmick. If there is a 5th Generation, they better give them names that have nothing to do with their type of choice.
    Pokemon: The Theme of Secrets

At long last, I am returning with my Fan-Fic. Just need to find a better host. Blogger has done its course but I need just a little more recognition.

I freaking HATE "Mega" Evolution.

Finally a proper gym battle animated by the one who should animate the battles... and now Iwane's in a great position to do either 106 or 107, which means another greatly animated battle (this time against Byron/Tougan)

Everyone was expecting Buoysel to instantly lose to Gengar, but that apparently wasn't the case at all. Instead the oh so hated otter kicked Gengar's a.s.s and delivered an Aqua Jet in Driftblims face.

Melissa's engrish was amusing. OH MY GOD NOOOOOOOO

Though I really don't like when there's one gym leader Pokemon which is much stronger than the rest, in this case Fuwaride (other times Rampard, Lucario, Flowsel....) Would be nice if they could balance it a bit better, really.

No Movie 10 BGM was surprising to say the least. That movie 9 piece 'recovering the crystals' is one of my most hated ones along with the Medley, so I wasn't that happy when it played >_>. It just sucks.

Final battle, Hiko vs the balloon, begins with silence. Oh my god I thought, we're soooo due for a Symphonic Medley now, which means battle ruined. Surprisingly, they play a quite good movie 5 piece instead. Great stuff.

Overall, a nice battle, much thanks to the animation. Veilstone was better though.

You act like this is some new thing unheard of before Thriller.

I still don't see what exactly is wrong with Fantina's name. -__-

Am I missing something here?

I laughed several times. The Break Dancing Buizel was excellent. And Chimchar's combination of Flame Wheel and Flamethrower was very unexpected, but entertaining, nonetheless. Pikachu got destroyed; T'was funny. And... Hypnosis is overpowered. That is all.

Chimchar got good all of a sudden. That little guy doesn't need an evolution. But feel free to take Grotle all the way!

This was indeed a good episode. I can't wait to see Paul's face when he learns Chimchar did the attacks he's been trying to teach him over and over agian with his tricks. It should be a hoot. I love the fact that Jessie won another contest, go Jessie!
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

Ash fought this battle almost like a contest battle. I find that strange since he was supposedly going up against a contest master.

This is probably one of my favorite gym battles of Sinnoh so far. Props to Chimchar for doing something. Props to Drifblim for just existing. Props to the writers for pulling the fast one of having Jessie win a second ribbon. That was very unexpected. I'd really like to see her get to the GF, but yes, she would need another Pokemon or two.
    Proposed Alpha Sapphire Team

Though it certainly destroys people's theories about only one contest being held in each city per year. But really, does it truly make sense to build a huge contest hall that only holds one event per year?
    Again... this Contest was NOT in Hearthome! It was in some anime only town called Kawarage or something like that
    But I agree it's stupid to believe each Contest is held only once a year (especially since it's only the dub who invented this, in the original they never said that)

awesome gym battle,and a massive surprise to see Jessie/Musashi winning her second ribbon...one more and Dawn/Hikari will be in a lot of trouble...
    Finally Da 3rd Monkey gets his piece of the cake a wins a gym battle,i guess that Gliscor should be next with Byron
    Lol at the spammage of "Counter Shield" in this battle,Ash really needs to come up with better ideas for battles
    I also liked the massive amount of ENGRISH! "Prease,Reric Badgi-desu" was priceless,the quote of the episode
    Did anyone noticed at the end of the episode(after the preview of DP 103) that Buizel "speaks" with a very deep and "depressed" like voice? It was totally different from the normal one we see
    Off topic:Sweet,Empoleon appears in 3 episodes in a row,that totally made my day .

OFFICIAL Moveset for Drifblim:
    Hypnosis/Ominious Wind/Psychic/Will-o-wisp

Mismagius : Dark Pulse-Psywave-Magical Leaf-4th move
    Gengar was difficult to know,i know it had Shadow Punch for sure,and probably confuse ray...maybe shadow sneak as well at the beginning of the battle?
    Last edited by kpt25; 13th November 2008 at 11:55 PM.

Comments:

-Jessie winning a ribbon is the best TR subplot in any gym episode ever
    - Chimchar taking down 2 of Fantina's pokemon and starring in the gym was cool, I knew Chimchar would start being the star with these last 4 gyms
    - Fantina is the 2nd most entertaining Sinnoh Gym leader, only narrowly beaten by Gardenia
    - Wonder what Jun said about Chimchar?
    - Pikachu is such a failure in Sinnoh, guess thats why they had him take down Empoleon the episode before this
    - Drifblim is Fantina's star pokemon and not Mismagius?

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

I love the fact that everyone was hating the fact that buizel was so much as even mentioned in this battle but from what i'm seeing right now, no one seems to have an issue with it at this moment.

pokemon fandom is a strange fickle lass, that she is.

Its official....Fantina is now my favourite Gym Leader!!! Lets hope the dub doesn't ruin her.

Quote Originally Posted by Somorio View Post
    I love the fact that everyone was hating the fact that buizel was so much as even mentioned in this battle but from what i'm seeing right now, no one seems to have an issue with it at this moment.

pokemon fandom is a strange fickle lass, that she is.
    Sure, it was annoying that Buizel was used again, but i can forgive it. I mean, did you see that break dancing? It was almost as good as Ambipom!

Buizel's an awesome Pokemon. Don't know why anyone would hate it considering it's actually useful.

Quote Originally Posted by sam_h12 View Post
    what the hell was that attack that Drifblim kept using?! I thought it was will-o-wisp, but then it turned into Aqua Ring (yeah i know it wasn't actually Aqua Ring), and then came the yellow X which I assumed was Block but now I'm not sure...
    I believe it was will-o-wisp combined with telekenesis...or some other psychic attack...
    Go May!

I loved this battle,Yay Chimchar was th spotlight!

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

Quote Originally Posted by sam_h12 View Post
    and what the hell was that attack that Drifblim kept using?! I thought it was will-o-wisp, but then it turned into Aqua Ring (yeah i know it wasn't actually Aqua Ring), and then came the yellow X which I assumed was Block but now I'm not sure...
    Will-O-Wisp combined with Psychic

and the yellow X was Hypnosis...

Jessie won another contest? Sweet!

Unlike all those you are moaning about Jessie winning contests lately, I like it. It'll be nice to see Jessie in the GF legally (and not by theft/other "bad" ways)
    YOU JUST LOST THE GAME

Quote Originally Posted by KickAsh View Post
    Guess what Gallade did last night? I don't know. Maybe he was at the bar, having a few drinks with his bros because even though he is so awesome he is also agreeable and a normal guy, just like you and me. Maybe he was with a woman. Maybe he was drag racing HORSES, which is a sport he invented. You know what else Gallade invented? The lightbulb.
    AND LIFE ITSELF.

Gallade.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast