Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Shield With A Twist! (570)

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyCharyZard View Post
    Its official....Fantina is now my favourite Gym Leader!!! Lets hope the dub doesn't ruin her.
    Wow. I actually hated her in this episode. She annoyed the hell out of me throughout the entire battle with that body language and her cockiness during the battle. Unless she wasn't being cocky...I can't understand Japanese to save my life.

Sure, it was annoying that Buizel was used again, but i can forgive it. I mean, did you see that break dancing? It was almost as good as Ambipom!
    I was reminded of Dance Dance Revolution when I saw it do that for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic Boom View Post
    Wow. I actually hated her in this episode. She annoyed the hell out of me throughout the entire battle with that body language and her cockiness during the battle. Unless she wasn't being cocky...I can't understand Japanese to save my life.
    I think she was just being overly flamboyent. I rather liked her quirkiness. Definitely the best Gym Leader in terms of personality, rivaling Gardenia.

This was a great episode.

The Gym win, Jessie's Contest win...

Chimchar was really good, Buizel was good too. Looks like he learned from Ambipom! Break dancing FTW! And for the first time in a while, I felt bad for Pikachu. He hasn't had the best of luck in Gym this region.

Plus, Fantina is a cool Gym Leader, and Drifblim sounded really cool.

And Chimchar acted like the Chimchar we saw in the beginning of the season(way back in DP003).
    Current Black Team: Rivka (Stoutland), Elmo (Musharna), Scarlett (Whimsicott), Gabriel (Carracosta), Reese (Klang), Sean (Mienfoo); all are at level 47. Currently in Victory Road.

I found it stupid that they made Drifblim Fantina's sig and not Mismagius. It's Mismagius in the games.

Quote Originally Posted by Electivire Addict View Post
    I found it stupid that they made Drifblim Fantina's sig and not Mismagius. It's Mismagius in the games.
    Strongest Pokemon =/= Signature Pokemon

Games =/= Anime

I mean, i can't believe anyone would think that Drifblim wasn't her star after seeing it evolve, having it on top of her gym AND having her dress based off of it. How much more obvious did they have to make it?
    OR Playthrough - Route 118

This won't change often.. I play through the games slowly..

Games =/= Anime

I mean, i can't believe anyone would think that Drifblim wasn't her star after seeing it evolve, having it on top of her gym AND having her dress based off of it. How much more obvious did they have to make it?
    To further clarify, strongest pokemon in the games will always be the signature, that's the way it's always been, but the anime has swapped some things around in the past before. Wasn't winnona's signature swapped around I'm not totally sure.

Also, I'm completely lost as to how chimchar reverted the will o wisp psychic back into a ominous wind for it's own power...this made no sense to me...anyone wanna clear this up for me?

Okay so I saw the tail end of this episode while searching for the next episode's preview, which looks lame btw :P.

Anyways, I don't speak Japanese, but I think I caught the jyst of what Jun was saying to Ash with the flashback and map. Was he saying that he wanted to go to Iron Island to catch a Steelix?

Sounds like a great episode to me! Can't wait to watch it.

Ash needs to use these strategies against Paul. It is almost like he gets stupider whenever he fights him.

Quote Originally Posted by hmmm View Post
    Okay so I saw the tail end of this episode while searching for the next episode's preview, which looks lame btw :P.

Anyways, I don't speak Japanese, but I think I caught the jyst of what Jun was saying to Ash with the flashback and map. Was he saying that he wanted to go to Iron Island to catch a Steelix?
    Both Ash and Jun are going to challenge the gym. Jun mentioned that if Ash wins, he'd become his rival.

Jun already has the Mine Badge...
    Proposed Alpha Sapphire Team

Oh i see i see the Steelix was Byrons

sweet thanks

Can anyone translate what Jun was saying about Chimchar?
    Go May!

Can anyone else see Chimchar evolving on the last episode the Jun travels with the group?

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

Quote Originally Posted by Bliksem View Post
    Chimchar got good all of a sudden. That little guy doesn't need an evolution. But feel free to take Grotle all the way!
    I'm gonna take this as sarcasm, I've explained time and again why it's fruitless to give Ash torterra, and given the whole Empoleon/Torterra thing between Jun and Paul, I do believe Chimchar will evolve, hopefully before the years end to Monferno.

In any case this was a fine example of how gym battles should be, too bad Pikachu got nuked though, perhaps it needs some training as well.

Also with Chimchar's victory in this gym i hope this shuts up predictions for future gym battle line ups, just because pokemon might have type advantage and move adavantage in these battles doesn't mean that they will be used and get glory.

Quote Originally Posted by thunderblade12 View Post
    Can anyone else see Chimchar evolving on the last episode the Jun travels with the group?
    I could see Chimchar evolving before then, maybe when ash gets to the next gym battle.

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu85 View Post
    I could see Chimchar evolving before then, maybe when ash gets to the next gym battle.

It would be awesome if Chimchar evolved during the Gym battle. Think about it, bastiodon its about to make the final blow and BAMM! Chimy begins to glow, that would be an unforgettable battle...

And to stick to the topic, I'm glad Jun is sticking around, maybe he can learn to Idolize Ash's training method rather than Pauls...
    Go May!

Again I ask, can Japanese people even understand her random English phrases? I wonder how she will be dub. I think Jessie looked a tad strange with her hair waving like that. It also sucks that Jun will eventually leave the group. I would love to see him join the cast.

Quote Originally Posted by ^ASH^ View Post
    Read previous posts before you reply
    This Contest wasn't in Hearthome but in another anime only town (Kawarake or something like that)
    How about you not run your mouth off. I wrote that as I watched the episode, which if you look at the time between our posts is roughly around the same amount of time as watching an episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Bliksem View Post
    Buizel's an awesome Pokemon. Don't know why anyone would hate it considering it's actually useful.
    As is Piplup, but it's like preaching to the choir.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokeballs View Post
    Both Ash and Jun are going to challenge the gym. Jun mentioned that if Ash wins, he'd become his rival.
    That has to be wrong, Jun already has the Mine Badge.

Games =/= Anime
    This can be further supported by Misty's Starmie. It is her star in the games, but in the anime she almost always used Staryu instead, and eventually let her sisters use it.
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

Quote Originally Posted by HoennMaster View Post
    How about you not run your mouth off. I wrote that as I watched the episode, which if you look at the time between our posts is roughly around the same amount of time as watching an episode.
    You act like I said something rude or something like that -_-
    I just said it because a lot of people don't read replys and repeat things that were already explained...

Quote Originally Posted by hmmm View Post
    Oh i see i see the Steelix was Byrons
    Well i don't know if i am right but i thought that Jun was talking about the Iron Island there & the Steelix was the boss type pokemon of that place (like how it is in the manga). This i think is also because Dawn was pointing towards an island above Canalave City which mostly looked like Iron Island & in the flashback which Jun had of that Steelix it looked like they where in a cave or something (unless Canalave Gym has a cave style gym or else Jun fought Byron in a cave).

Quote Originally Posted by Lucario At Service View Post
    Well i don't know if i am right but i thought that Jun was talking about the Iron Island there & the Steelix was the boss type pokemon of that place (like how it is in the manga). This i think is also because Dawn was pointing towards an island above Canalave City which mostly looked like Iron Island & in the flashback which Jun had of that Steelix it looked like they where in a cave or something (unless Canalave Gym has a cave style gym or else Jun fought Byron in a cave).
    That is precisely it. The Steelix was not Byron's.

Anyways, this episode could probably fulfill the definition of "surprises".

Jessie winning a ribbon, shocking. I guess I would be really wrong on this now, since apparently there can still exist contests in anime city places only. Incidentally, I still don't believe that Dawn will be entering the next contest (and future contests) in an anime only city. But since Jessie has two ribbons now...that doesn't really throw her out of the chance at entering the Grand Festival now.

I also found it sad that they just threw in 3 scenes of the contest. That would mean that they could just do the same thing in a random episode and that would probably be how Jessie will win her ribbons for the Grand Festival.

Gym battle was good. Breakdancing Buizel was funny. Chimchars also got 2 wins so that's cool. And Fantina...well she was really unique especially with the numerous english words she keeps saying.

Jun is staying around for the next episode so that's cool.

The next episode looks rather interesting so I can't wait for it.

Favorite parts of the episode:
    -Melissa saying "SATOSHI-KUN." Seriously, I can't get enough of hearing it for some reason.
    -Buizel getting uppercut'd, then pwn'd by Drifblim. Classic. : D
    -Musashi won her second ribbon! : D Yaay. No cheating.

Least Favorite Parts:
    -Buizel beat Gengar. Pah.
    -That damn Penguin was out of it's Pokeball. AGAIN. |:

Aaaand, that's about it. xD

Just out of curiousity, why would Jun bring up a random Steelix on a random place (Iron Island)?

And why would Ash really care? If anything, wouldn't Ash want to know where the next Gym would be? And since Jun beat Byron wouldn't make more sense that's what Jun was talking about? Which is why they showed Steelix to represent Byron.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

it could have been a special steelix..lol but yea it does make more sense for him to be talking bout he next gym opposed to a random steelix

Quote Originally Posted by HoennMaster View Post
    Again I ask, can Japanese people even understand her random English phrases?
    Japanese schoolchildren are taught english in school, much like we're taught Spanish or French in school.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast