Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Shield With A Twist! (570)

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu85 View Post
    I could see Chimchar evolving before then, maybe when ash gets to the next gym battle.
    I think he will evovle during the next gym battle, and if not then definately during/before the ice gym.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    Japanese schoolchildren are taught english in school, much like we're taught Spanish or French in school.
    I was never taught foriegn langugaes until High School, and those were your choices to take.

Quote Originally Posted by ^ASH^ View Post
    You act like I said something rude or something like that -_-
    I just said it because a lot of people don't read replys and repeat things that were already explained...
    I apoligize for the hard tone then, but it came off as rude to me. However, you were the only one who said it, so It wasn't hard to miss.
    Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are remakes, confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by HoennMaster View Post
    I was never taught foriegn langugaes until High School, and those were your choices to take.
    I think in Japan its a requirement in their school system to learn english as a second language. Dogasu teaches middle school children english, for example.

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    Just out of curiousity, why would Jun bring up a random Steelix on a random place (Iron Island)?

And why would Ash really care? If anything, wouldn't Ash want to know where the next Gym would be? And since Jun beat Byron wouldn't make more sense that's what Jun was talking about? Which is why they showed Steelix to represent Byron.
    No. If you actually make out what they said, you could clearly hear that Dawn said that it was north of Canalave City (which was what she pointed out on the map). Thus then, that Steelix can't represent Byron in any way, which means it could only represent the Steelix that live on Iron Island. Why Jun pointed that out, I have no clue. I'll probably have to watch that scene again.

well steelix havent been shown to be friendly in the wild onix either mabe jun was saying that its run by a steelix or summat

She really is great with english...

"Welcome to Yosuga Gym"
    "Its Showtime"

how much more was there?

Quote Originally Posted by lightdash View Post
    No. If you actually make out what they said, you could clearly hear that Dawn said that it was north of Canalave City (which was what she pointed out on the map). Thus then, that Steelix can't represent Byron in any way, which means it could only represent the Steelix that live on Iron Island. Why Jun pointed that out, I have no clue. I'll probably have to watch that scene again.
    I think he was just saying that there are a lot of strong steel pokemon on Iron Island and its an ideal place to train before the next gym battle. Steelix is just the most common steel type in the anime, thats why it was shown.
    Last edited by ShinyCharyZard; 14th November 2008 at 6:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gpt11 View Post
    well steelix havent been shown to be friendly in the wild onix either mabe jun was saying that its run by a steelix or summat
    That, or he's trying to say how strong the Steelix on Iron Island are.

Well it still looks like Ash hasn't learned about certain Ghost-type resistances in this episodes. Drat.
    Last edited by uber gon; 14th November 2008 at 8:21 PM.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

I'm really looking forward to Jun joining their group for a while. Since Dawn's Piplup shows no signs of evolving yet, I will love to have lots of Empoleon screen time. I was dissapointed with the lack of Blaziken in Hoenn; Empoleon will be the next best thing. <3

I also concur with whoever said that maybe Jun will start to idolize Ash's way of training instead of Pauls'.

I can also see it now (if it hasn't happened already) with the way Ash and Jun are glaring at each other over the table...what are they going to call -that- particular ship? XD
    You're only young once, but you can be immature FOREVER

FC: 2964 5240 5554

Angry

I still can't believe Ash tried to use Sonicboom on Gengar...
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

If a ghost can get hurt by a splash of water, it can get hurt by a Sonic Boom. There's no need to dwell on something so trivial.

Nothing to complain about this week. =D

Buizel vs. Gengar (loved the new tactic of the water gun net... thingy.)
    Cimchar vs. Mismagius (loved the fire version too. =} and of coarse, the celebratory dance afterwards)
    Pikachu vs. Drifblim (I guess Pikachu hasn't learned a thing. lol. I like how Pikachu is being down played in the gyms this season)
    Buizel vs. Drifblim (I was hoping that Buizel wouldn't get the win, I think two in a row is enough for now...)
    Chimchar vs. Drifblim (the second Buizel went down, I was happy for Chimchar because it meant he would win. =] Boy, Hearthome is Chimchar's lucky town. ha ha.)

Jessie won a ribbon! =D Nice way to do it too, instead of just doing useless crap during gym battles like they usually do... Still wish Jessie would understand that it's all about the pokemon, but hey whatever works! Wish I could have seen Yanmega kick arse in the battle portion though.

I'm happy to see that Jun will be with the gang for a while. =]

-The episode starts off the best way it could:With Melissa's Engrish!
    -TR is handled as gracefully as they've ever been in a Gym episode:Left somewhere completely seperate from Ash & co and doing something productive(ribbon for Jesse? Horray!).
    -I must say, the referee for Fantina's gym is certainly a dashing young lad. I wonder if the tux is part of the dress code or if he decided to wear it just because.
    -Jun looks so ANGRY in the stands.
    -One of these days Fantina is going to throw out her spine when she does one of those exagerated poses in a gym battle.
    -Why do all of Ash's new defensive strategies seem to involve spinning?
    -Just how much hair does Jessie HAVE? Clearly enough to inflict everyone in the audience with Heart-Eye syndrome.
    -Magical Leaf colliding with Flamethrower to create an explosion makes perfect sense.
    -Fantina has a serious case of animation reuse today.
    -For the record, Jun's still great. He's also easily astounded by everything.
    -I have no idea what the origin of the music that plays during the "Ash realizes that he can use Will-O-Wisp to power up Chimchar" scene is, but damn that piece is awesome.

Overall...good episode, shameful amounts of scene re-use aside. And the inability of Ash's Pokemon to, I dunno, close their eyes so they're not staring at Drifblim when it uses Hypnosis?
    Last.fm
    ~~~

Yes, that is a lego Freddie Mercury.

Quote Originally Posted by Juputoru View Post
    -Why do all of Ash's new defensive strategies seem to involve spinning?
    Because it looks cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Juputoru View Post
    Overall...good episode, shameful amounts of scene re-use aside. And the inability of Ash's Pokemon to, I dunno, close their eyes so they're not staring at Drifblim when it uses Hypnosis?
    I think Hypnosis actually causes their bodies to shut down. It's heavily implied that that "X" is actually solid, instead of just some visual cue.

im just happy that chimcar was a big part of the battle. yay chimchar. now if he could just evolve. also, i think he should have used grotle or staravia or even maybe gliscor in this battle, instead of buizel(i like maybe think buizel has had to much screen time). maybe next time
    fc--Diamond: 1547 1924 5567
    heartgold: 4383 7729 3223
    Shiny pokemon caught by me:

competitive record:
    2-3

Chimchar has now had the win it needed, so now it can evolve in time to be used again against byron.

When it was time for Drifblim, I was cheering for Ash to use Gliscor. Then he sends Pikachu. Bah, serves that show-straling rat right, falling victim to the EXACT same trap as before.

I'm glad Chimmy got the spotlight in the end, and he got an epic background music for it (which is called Latios no Moto he, from Movie 5 for anyone who wanted to know). I've gotten tired of Buizel being the star, as much as I like it.

I'm SO glad Jun is staying with the group. He is an awesome character, the best game rival IMO, and he dosent have a member of the Turtwig family! Awesome.

Jessie wouldv'e looked better in the contest without that dorky piece of crap dress and glasses. But still, I'd like to see her do better in contests now. Yanmega may just be her lucky charm.....

Overall, great episode. And from the preview, the next one looks entertaining as well, another "Pikachu is forced to team up with it's nemesis Meowth in times of trouble!" eps. Looks good, can't wait to see it.

When it was time for Drifblim, I was cheering for Ash to use Gliscor. Then he sends Pikachu. Bah, serves that show-straling rat right, falling victim to the EXACT same trap as before.

I'm glad Chimmy got the spotlight in the end, and he got an epic background music for it (which is called Latios no Moto he, from Movie 5 for anyone who wanted to know). I've gotten tired of Buizel being the star, as much as I like it.

I'm SO glad Jun is staying with the group. He is an awesome character, the best game rival IMO, and he dosent have a member of the Turtwig family! Awesome.

Jessie wouldv'e looked better in the contest without that dorky piece of crap dress and glasses. But still, I'd like to see her do better in contests now. Yanmega may just be her lucky charm.....

Overall, great episode. And from the preview, the next one looks entertaining as well, another "Pikachu is forced to team up with it's nemesis Meowth in times of trouble!" eps. Looks good, can't wait to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Electivirus View Post
    Because it looks cool.

I think Hypnosis actually causes their bodies to shut down. It's heavily implied that that "X" is actually solid, instead of just some visual cue.
    I got the idea that the X's were the confuse ray cause chim and buizel's eyes were some sorta funky crosses instead of the typical U shaped eyes used in the anime for sleeping. But maybe I'm wrong...

Great epsiode -
    Pikachu gets owned before scoring a kill - that never happens! lol
    Ash gets to show Jun that Shinji was wrong about abandoning Chimchar : )
    Drifblim attains near-uber status... and fails to Chim
    wtf? Jessie gets a ribbon? not complaining though. random contest wins ftw! maybe SOMEONE should be competing in more contests too (cough cough Hikari)
    Ash gets flashy with his moves! maybe all that contest experience now?
    and apparently grass beats fire and fire beats water. anime makes no sense sometimes but im starting to love the writers! (woah did i just say that??)
    and Jun didnt beat Byron already did he? if he did he wouldve carried the Mine Badge in his badge case.... and we didnt see one....
    did they mention how theyre getting to Iron Island/Canalave?

기쁨 곱하기 슬픔 나누기
    웃음은 더하기 욕심은 빼기

I hope Jessie gets her last 3 ribbons. This might be her first chance.

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

Quote Originally Posted by ~Fire&Ice~ View Post
    I got the idea that the X's were the confuse ray cause chim and buizel's eyes were some sorta funky crosses instead of the typical U shaped eyes used in the anime for sleeping. But maybe I'm wrong...

Great epsiode -
    Pikachu gets owned before scoring a kill - that never happens! lol
    Ash gets to show Jun that Shinji was wrong about abandoning Chimchar : )
    Drifblim attains near-uber status... and fails to Chim
    wtf? Jessie gets a ribbon? not complaining though. random contest wins ftw! maybe SOMEONE should be competing in more contests too (cough cough Hikari)
    Ash gets flashy with his moves! maybe all that contest experience now?
    and apparently grass beats fire and fire beats water. anime makes no sense sometimes but im starting to love the writers! (woah did i just say that??)
    and Jun didnt beat Byron already did he? if he did he wouldve carried the Mine Badge in his badge case.... and we didnt see one....
    did they mention how theyre getting to Iron Island/Canalave?
    In the DP103 preview, they show Jessie in an Air Hostess outfit, so i'm gonna say blimp.

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyCharyZard View Post
    In the DP103 preview, they show Jessie in an Air Hostess outfit, so i'm gonna say blimp.
    ahh makes sense.
    and they probably get into some battle and cause an explosion which explains why everyone else is in the sky.... and then they get seperated.... and they all try to find each other blah blah blah... overused plotline...

please let me be wrong.

기쁨 곱하기 슬픔 나누기
    웃음은 더하기 욕심은 빼기

Quote Originally Posted by ~Fire&Ice~ View Post
    ahh makes sense.
    and they probably get into some battle and cause an explosion which explains why everyone else is in the sky.... and then they get seperated.... and they all try to find each other blah blah blah... overused plotline...

please let me be wrong.
    That's the overview. Of course, there could probably be a slight twist...

It was a great eppy. I enjoyed it.

Buizel vs Gengar - Nice Water Gun! ^^ & Poor Gengar, hit around like a pingpong ball.
    Chimchar vs Drifblim - Nice. Flame Wheel + Flamethrower steals the show. At least Chimchar won for the first time with Ash.

Jessie winning for a change. Not bad. Everyone loved her appeal. Imo, it was OK, I'm the battle kind of person. But it was still nice for a change!

So... what was Jun saying during the whole battle & @ the balcony?

Can't wait for next eppy & see what's going on in Meowth's mind. Maybe it's 'I-team-with-you-then-steal-Pikachu' thing as to what I see in his evil face with Mime Jr.. Or maybe a new twist to it. Meowth with Ash & co. will be funny.

~OK..... *scuttles off*
    Last edited by csisps_26; 15th November 2008 at 4:25 PM.

BACK

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyCharyZard View Post
    She really is great with english...

"Welcome to Yosuga Gym"
    "Its Showtime"

how much more was there?
    Congratulations!

Lucky kids, I would love to know Japanese.
    Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are remakes, confirmed.

I loved this gym battle. It was especially great seeing Pikachu getting owned before it could even do anything useful in the battle. Buizel vs Gengar was just great. Funny how Ash uses moves that would make such great appeals for a contest in a gym battle. And speaking of appeals, I guess it's like they say with third times the charm, with Jessie actually winning despite using herself in the appeal ( God I wish she'd stop doing that though. This is a pokemon contest not a beauty pagant) It was also great to see Chimchar as the star of the gym, always a charm to see Chimchar doing great in battle. And I love that Jun is sticking around a bit longer, he add so much more attitude to the group

Blue likes the Dancing Trpinch so should you.
    If you approve of Black and White's new anime-only lead Iris, put this in your sig(started by TrainerOfLegend)

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast