Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Shield With A Twist! (570)

Quote Originally Posted by lightdash View Post
    No. If you actually make out what they said, you could clearly hear that Dawn said that it was north of Canalave City (which was what she pointed out on the map). Thus then, that Steelix can't represent Byron in any way, which means it could only represent the Steelix that live on Iron Island. Why Jun pointed that out, I have no clue. I'll probably have to watch that scene again.

Someone translated what Jun was saying, and he talks about Iron Island after his win from the "Mio" Gym (when he says "Mio" Gym, it shows a picture of Steelix).

So Steelix does belong to Byron.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

I'm pretty sure it was just a wild Steelix. Before that, Jun said he was going to Iron Island to train as that was what he did before to win against Byron. Then again it might be Byron's Steelix since he is talking about his Gym Battle at that point. It doesn't really make too much difference where the Steelix came from though.
    Trainer Level 1 - 0 KO's 4TP 9SP
    B- Ranked Ref

Yeah, that was definately an Iron Island Steelix. Jun was telling Ash how he trained there for Mio's Gym, and how he wants to go back their to train.

Coincidently, I always found that place to a be a great training area especially with Riley since he'd heal your Pokemon after every fight, and you'd get double battle EXP without it being split.

Also, Jun says he won't be Ash's Rival till he beats Byron. So it seems Jun might stick around with him till then.

Oh, right, right. I didn't comment on this one yet, did I? Well, now that Suikun, Jup and the rest of the gang beat me to it, I wouldn't expect much.

To get things rolling, I'll come right out and say it; this was a really good gym battle. Obviously, it was superb from a visual standpoint anyway, but besides that it was also very well written. Nothing felt cheap, the battles were great fun to watch, Jun's reactions to the various goings-on were entertaining, and the element of strategy, I felt, was implemented to a much more successful degree this time around. Ash's so-called 'Counter Sheild' does the job and looks cool, and if his dialogue is any indication, this isn't the last we'll see of it. I'm certainly not going to complain about that.
    Sinnoh is an improvement over past series in numerous ways, but the gyms so far have been consistently enjoyable. Yeah. Even that one had it's charm.

-Brock's recent decision to mix homemade Prozac into the gang's generic kibble-esque foodstuffs seems to be working it's magic if Hiko's astounding bouts of glee are anything to go by. But then, I suppose anyone would experience a confidence boost after beating a balloon senseless. I know I would.
    Whatever the reason, it's good to see the ape happy and celebrating it's wins with the majestic monkey dance. I didn't think we'd ever see that side of him again.

-Speaking with which, I liked how Jun was able to pay attention to something for more than 3 seconds and notice that Hiko's behaviour with Ash was vastly different to when it was with Shinji during the tag battle tourney. Oh, this fanboy is going to be crushed when he discovers what his idol is really like.
    Oh Shinji. You tu-tu clad tree-hugger you.

-Yeah. Fantina. As much as I adore the psychotic mannerisms and slightly disturbing/kinky grass type fetish of everyone's beloved Gardenia, as well as the (sorely underused) lucha-libre stylings of Crasher Wake... I can't ignore this woman. She's definitely my favourite of the bunch, and it's sad to think that this could possibly be the last we see of her. Viva la Grande Festibol.

-I know I always gush over how incredible this guy's directing skills are, but there's nothing stopping you from skipping this paragraph. Or adding me to your ignore list. Or hunting me down and cutting off my limbs.
    Iwane really knows how to makes these characters his own. Check out some of the movement here. Yanmega's beating wings, Gengar's levitating through the air, Buoysel spinning on the floor. He's undoubtedly the best at giving these monsters some character and making them unique to one another.

-'Lets on stage!’

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    Someone translated what Jun was saying, and he talks about Iron Island after his win from the "Mio" Gym (when he says "Mio" Gym, it shows a picture of Steelix).

So Steelix does belong to Byron.
    Its amazing that after this is posted, people still insist that it was an Iron Island Steelix.

People, the Steelix picture was shown at the same time as Jun was talking about his win at the Canalave Gym. He then went on to talk about Iron Island afterwards.
    OR Playthrough - Route 118

This won't change often.. I play through the games slowly..

What was with the random contest in this episode? Not that I'm complaining...
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Black Doom View Post
    What was with the random contest in this episode? Not that I'm complaining...
    To give Jessie a ribbon so that she can compete in the Grand Festival? How was that not obvious?

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic Boom View Post
    To give Jessie a ribbon so that she can compete in the Grand Festival? How was that not obvious?
    I knew that, but why in a gym episode? It just seemed so random when they did it.
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Black Doom View Post
    I knew that, but why in a gym episode? It just seemed so random when they did it.

Well, Gym episodes usually take the entire episode, and Team Rocket needed to do something, so a Contest was a perfect choice. It kills two birds with one stone too because now she's one step closer to the GF.

Come to think of it, has Team Rocket ever interrupted a Gym Battle in Sinnoh yet? In Oreburgh, they were in the Underground, Eterna Gym, I'm pretty sure they didn't intrude. The Veistone and Pastoria Gyms I'm not sure of, and if they did interrupt, than this blows this trend out of the water. And now, Hearthome Gym, they are in a anime-only town contest. Maybe this trend will continue?

Come to think of it, has Team Rocket ever interrupted a Gym Battle in Sinnoh yet? In Oreburgh, they were in the Underground, Eterna Gym, I'm pretty sure they didn't intrude. The Veistone and Pastoria Gyms I'm not sure of, and if they did interrupt, than this blows this trend out of the water. And now, Hearthome Gym, they are in a anime-only town contest. Maybe this trend will continue?
    I think they were also underground in Eterna, and in Veilstone, they tried, but they got ambushed by supposed "masseurs" and got blasted off by a Croagunk (it was unknown whether or not it was Brock's or the gyms). As for Pastoria, I don't know either, but I will next Saturday, when they air the dub.

Personally, I would like them to break the pattern. It would liven up some of the gym battles (not that they're boring).

Well, Gym episodes usually take the entire episode, and Team Rocket needed to do something, so a Contest was a perfect choice. It kills two birds with one stone too because now she's one step closer to the GF.

Nah, in Oreburgh, they tried to steal the gym's pokemon, but Croagunk pwned Jessie (^_^) and they decided to run.

Eterna- Underground for the whole episode.

Veilstone- Exactly the same as Oreburgh, except Croagunk pwned ALL of them.

Pastoria- In the Great Marsh for the whole episode.

Anyone else notice that when Jessie did her appeal, the males AND females in the audience got hearts in their eyes?

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Ash's so-called 'Counter Sheild' does the job and looks cool, and if his dialogue is any indication, this isn't the last we'll see of it. I'm certainly not going to complain about that.
    Sinnoh is an improvement over past series in numerous ways, but the gyms so far have been consistently enjoyable. Yeah. Even that one had it's charm.
    I kinda felt that "Counter-Shield" might become the new "spinny move". I certainly like it, and wouldn't mind seeing some of Ash's other Pokemon utilize it.

However, I also loved how Fantina pulled out a Counter-Counter-Shield and Ash replied with a Counter-Counter-Counter-Shield. The part where Chimchar used Will-O-Wisp to power up his own attack kinda reminded me of what Paul said he was doing in the Tag Battle....I dunno if that was intentional though.

Also, Gengar. I forgot, but that guy's pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Geodude View Post
    Anyone else notice that when Jessie did her appeal, the males AND females in the audience got hearts in their eyes?
    I was actually more amused by the fact that James was the only male who didn't have hearts in his eyes.
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

Quote Originally Posted by S.Suikun View Post
    I was actually more amused by the fact that James was the only male who didn't have hearts in his eyes.
    So, would that be identification as more than just a generic character, another unfortunate nail in Rocketshipping's coffin, or both?

So what was with all of Jun's random outbursts? I heard something about him insulting Ash but don't know for sure.
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

I think that Jessie will indeed go to the Grand Festival. My best friend doesn't think so though. Well, we'll find out right? I hope she does, it'll be hilarious.

~Ayra~
    "I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevent, it is what you do with the gift of life, that determines who you are." -Mewtwo
    "The only thing we can be is ourselves, we can't be someone else, and someone else can't be us." -Kelly Smith
    3DS FC 1048-8196-8009
    Type:Flying
    Spearow, Woobat, Hawlucha
    ^Click to go to my Ribbon Sprites thread, in need of some ideas^
    Currently working on:
        Spoiler:- Ribbons I'm working on:
    [img]http://i44.*******.com/23t2pg8.png[/img]
    Credit to AWildMew for the Shinjoh Connection userbar

Quote Originally Posted by HoennMaster View Post
    So what was with all of Jun's random outbursts? I heard something about him insulting Ash but don't know for sure.
    Jun was mostly upset because Fantina was praising Ash's strategy (Fantina didn't say anything during her battle with Jun). And how Ash was able to beat Fantina's Pokemon, even though Jun couldn't beat one.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    Jun was mostly upset because Fantina was praising Ash's strategy (Fantina didn't say anything during her battle with Jun). And how Ash was able to beat Fantina's Pokemon, even though Jun couldn't beat one.
    Oh, thanks, I needed that too, besides HoennMaster. One part was something like "Impossible" or "How can that be?" right? Correct me if I'm wrong... -.-"

BACK

What was that red lightning attack Gengar used?
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

Quote Originally Posted by uber gon View Post
    What was that red lightning attack Gengar used?
    It sounded like she ordered "saininjitsu."

hmm...no more English/Japanese reference thread. =\

It's Hypnosis. She had Drifblim use it against Buizel too, and I recognized Drifblim's version.
    Last edited by jolteonjak; 17th November 2008 at 9:07 PM.
    Proposed Alpha Sapphire Team

Quote Originally Posted by Ayra View Post
    I think that Jessie will indeed go to the Grand Festival. My best friend doesn't think so though. Well, we'll find out right? I hope she does, it'll be hilarious.

~Ayra~
    I think that's very likely, since they squeezed a second ribbon in during Ash's gym battle. Why else would they do that?

It would take place between scenes, is my theory.

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

Quote Originally Posted by the1stpkmnfan View Post
    It would take place between scenes, is my theory.
    True, but if they could find something else for them to do to break up the action. The fact that they put this contest in this episode specifically is a huge hint toward Jessie being in the Grand Festival.

Ok, maybe this was answered already, but what were ash and jun in each others' face?
    Where would free giveaways be without Bidoof and their masta?

Officially Claimed Seedot December 1st, 2008! Yay?

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast