Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: Shield With A Twist! (570)

Quote Originally Posted by Buck The Bidoof Masta View Post
    Ok, maybe this was answered already, but what were ash and jun in each others' face?

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    Jun was mostly upset because Fantina was praising Ash's strategy (Fantina didn't say anything during her battle with Jun). And how Ash was able to beat Fantina's Pokemon, even though Jun couldn't beat one.
    That should answer your burning questions.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Black Doom View Post
    Assuming Buck The Bidoof Masta meant at the very end of the episode Jun was mocking Ash saying he couldn't beat "Byron" and if he did he would be Ash's Rival.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

lol im happy about this episode for two reasons, number one i want jessie to be in the grand festivel lol just imagine if she won it and number 2 ash is close 2 the sinnoh league were hell probably loose to some new rival like usual lol

Spoiler:- Personality Pony:

Quote Originally Posted by jolteonjak View Post
    It sounded like she ordered "saininjitsu."

hmm...no more English/Japanese reference thread. =\

It's Hypnosis. She had Drifblim use it against Buizel too, and I recognized Drifblim's version.
    Darn and here I was hoping for a contestesque Payback attack.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

Quote Originally Posted by Black Doom View Post
    Burn ousted.
    Where would free giveaways be without Bidoof and their masta?

Officially Claimed Seedot December 1st, 2008! Yay?

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    Assuming Buck The Bidoof Masta meant at the very end of the episode Jun was mocking Ash saying he couldn't beat "Byron" and if he did he would be Ash's Rival.
    oh was that it? yes i did mean at the end tho.
    Where would free giveaways be without Bidoof and their masta?

Officially Claimed Seedot December 1st, 2008! Yay?

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyCharyZard View Post
    She really is great with english...

"Welcome to Yosuga Gym"
    "Its Showtime"

how much more was there?
    "Come back Gengar"
    "Congratulations"

That about all I can remember, lol
    Go May!

I found her English to be slightly amusing, not because I could understand, just the fact that is sounds "interesting" for a lack of a better word.
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

Forgot to mention this, but have we ever had a 4-way splitscreen like we did when Gengar and Buizel shot attacks at each other? For some reason it weirded me out, but I kinda liked it.

Quote Originally Posted by Korobooshi Kojiro View Post
    Forgot to mention this, but have we ever had a 4-way splitscreen like we did when Gengar and Buizel shot attacks at each other? For some reason it weirded me out, but I kinda liked it.
    Not in a battle, but in the Orange league they showed a flashback of Ash winning the 4 badges each in its own little box.

That was cool.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    Not in a battle, but in the Orange league they showed a flashback of Ash winning the 4 badges each in its own little box.

That was cool.
    It would have been better if they had shown both Ash's and Fantina's reaction shots in the respective boxes, but it was still a pretty nice touch.

It's nice to catch a Pokemon episode once in a while. It was a very enjoyable battle. Ash's unusual strategies are the best.

Fantina seemed to me like a female version of Tucker (not sure on how that works yet). Same fabulous manners and gestures. Now you can't unsee, although I think it has been mentioned at least once before.

Besides hair color, I don't see how everyone says she is like Tucker.
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

I didn't like the fact that Pikachu lost so easily, but I loved how Chimchar shined. Great battle.

Spoiler:- ....:

Anyway, I have to say this is one of the best gym battles that Ash ever had; better than the battle with Crasher Wake, I think. Fantina's Drifblim pwns so much, and I hope I can see it again in a contest episode (that is, if Fantina will appear again). Good for Jessie to win her 2nd ribbon too. I think she might make it to the GF this time. =P

Yes, I'm sad to say that from this date, I'm going to be
    COMPLETELY INACTIVE
    . I lost my interest in SPPf,
    and I'm going to be 99% inactive due to iRL things. Bye!

Quote Originally Posted by Slowking[George] View Post
    I didn't like the fact that Pikachu lost so easily, but I loved how Chimchar shined. Great battle.
    You know, I was pretty ticked at that as well, but I think the writers definitely wanted Jun-kun to get shoved in the face about Chimchar. Since Jun is such a fan boy of Shinji, I think the writers wanted Jun to think twice about Shinji's acomplishments with Chimchar and more with Ash's accomplishments with Chimchar.
    3DS Friend Code: 2079-6549-2981
    "Let's trade and battle!" - *message me first*
    I am a shadow, I seek the ways of Hadou.
    I'll have you know, I am a Lucario.

Anyone find it ironic how this is the first gym to feature fully evolved Pokemon this gen, yet Ash used the pokemon that didn't evolve yet to win?

I see no irony whatsoever.
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

Wow, Pikachu went down pretty quickly there, didn't there?! About time, I say.
    Absolutely loving Chimchar at the moment and his useful way of 'powering up', and Buizel. Just yes.
    I've a feeling that the spinning counter-shield may make its way into more future episodes, just as the previous technique of pirouetting past an attacking poké was so overused a while back. I absolutely hated that one.
    I really am enjoying the gym battles this region, but on first time viewing of this episode, was completely bewildered by Jessie's contest challenge. It was only on reading through messages on here that I began to understand why...!

Do the Robot!

Chimchar rocks in here.

For sure Chimchar lv must increased alot, the evolution will come soon !!

There are no levels in the show.
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

The episode aired early in the UK apparently. The dub was good. I finally know what Jun said about Chimchar.

All he basically said was that he seen Paul win some battle/competition with Chimchar but Chimchar didn't look as happy as it did with Ash even after that significant win.

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

What a great episode.

and yeah thunderblade, I caught that part as well.

This was like way better than the last gym battle, and Drifblim was the toughest as usual.

Chimchar VS Drifblim was the best. Chimchar was able to dodge a lot and he grabbed on Drifblim. Nice! Good Battle, or like Fantina would say, "Vonderful Battle!" (sorry, i cant type fancy words like that)

Plus, im glad that Jessie won her second ribbon. Her hair was looong and beautiful.

Also, I thought it was funny when Fantina yells, "Nooooo!" And her french accent was better as usual.

Good Episode, and next week we get Jumping Rocket Ship! Only 2 more episodes!

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

This episode was good! I like how Fantina was screaming "NOOOO!!" everytime her PKMN gets KO. I also like how Barry point out about Fantina not giving him any good remarks when he fought her. This goes to show that only Ash gets special treatment while Barry & other trainers get treated as trash by the gym leaders.

The Dub of this episode was very good.

I had forgotten a lot of what happened in this battle so re-watching it in English was highly enjoyable.
    Still in love with Fantina's voice. Sadly we won't hear it again most likely. And Barry calling Ash a "Loser" was pretty funny. As well as Fantina's movements in the battle.
    It was exciting match too. I'd forgotten the "Counter Shield" was so important.

Overall: 9/10. Great episode, awesome Gym Battle.
    3DS Friend Code: 3609-1148-9481

RIP Original Y save file. Never using PokeBank again.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast