Page 34 of 43 FirstFirst ... 24303132333435363738 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you want on Serebii.net?

Quote Originally Posted by alishenai View Post
    1. Yeah but no-ones forcing you to use them so I think it should be allowed for those that do want them. If your really that against it you could always find someone else whose willing to write them up and provide screen shots or whatever.
    2. Well it would probably solve the PO V Smogan arguments for one thing. It would also be fun for another. Not to mention it might bring more people to the site if it looks like we can give Smogan a run for their money... ok well not their money but surely you know what I mean.
    3. Yeah I knew that would be a case. That was just a hopeful wish.
    4. No comment.
    5. How are is this unproffessional? As long as the person/persons giving them away pokechecks them to make sure the pokemon are legit then it should be fine. Again it would bring more people to the site. You would just have to be clear that these pokemon are clones or RNG abused and then everything would be fine. (The only problem I can see with this though is that it would be difficult that everyone gets 1-but if this was a normal event it would be up to the people who want it to come and get it).
    6. True, but no post count would mean that it wouldn't happen to begin with. (Although I realize that this might not even be possible).
    7. Sometimes mods will let trolls get away with trolling for laughs, so this isn't always the case.

I also just thought of this:
    8. More complete sections for events in the event databases, like mentioning events in other languages besides the usual Japanese, English, Europe and Other. Btw Australia should definately have it's own section.

Not having a go at ya btw and for the most part I really enjoy your site.
    5. No. Giveaways are completely pointless. Cloning and RNG abuse is essentially hacking and we have a zero tolerance policy. It also wouldn't bring more people to the site at all. If anything, it may drive people away.
    6. Not really, we had post count off for years and it was just the same stuff as it is now
    7. That mdoes NOT happen
    8. We do do that...barring Korean events, we list every single event that has happened. You may think Australia deserves its own section, but it doesn't. It's not big enough and there are too few events

Quote Originally Posted by Serebii View Post
    5. No. Giveaways are completely pointless. Cloning and RNG abuse is essentially hacking and we have a zero tolerance policy. It also wouldn't bring more people to the site at all. If anything, it may drive people away.
    6. Not really, we had post count off for years and it was just the same stuff as it is now
    7. That mdoes NOT happen
    8. We do do that...barring Korean events, we list every single event that has happened. You may think Australia deserves its own section, but it doesn't. It's not big enough and there are too few events
    5. You might be able to say that cloning is hacking -if the person doing it is using AR, Pokecheck (I think they do cloning), but not if it's using a glitch in the game like the gts method. But RNG abuse? Most people are ok with that since it's just maths. Also if serebii has a zero tolerance policy on RNGing then how come it has it's own thread, multiple actually, so people can learn more about it? That seems somewhat backward to me.
    6. I didn't know about that but if you said that happened I'll believe it.
    7. I can give you a name if you like (but not here obviously)
    8. I was kinda joking about Australia having it's own section. Kinda...

Anyway, what is in the works for this site?

RNG abuse requires use of the Secret ID which cannot be obtained without somebody hacking or cheating. Glitches are also looked down upon.

Quote Originally Posted by Serebii View Post
    RNG abuse requires use of the Secret ID which cannot be obtained without somebody hacking or cheating. Glitches are also looked down upon.
    It's possible to get your Secret ID legitimately ya know. Like for instance I just found out mine on Plat and I didn't use any hacking or cheating. It just so happened that I had a random encounter with a shiny bidoof and then I just had to do some basic maths. The whole thing only took about ten minutes. Since when are glitches looked down on?

Since when are glitches looked down on?
    It's more of an exploitation maneuver than a glitch, but both are looked down upon. Just to talk about exploitation maneuvers, it's like someone snaking in a racing game or alt form abuse in Metroid Prime Hunters. People don't like this when they are playing against someone. In that respect, some people don't want to battle or trade with RNG abuse Pokemon, since they don't use the same measures and don't want to take the fun out of the game.

Hoenn has disappointed.

P.S. I get tired of complaints from great games.
    3DS friend code: 2148-8189-4401 (Rock Type) Nosepass/Pupitar/Barbaracle
    Dream Code: 5400-2204-6955

It's possible to get your Secret ID legitimately ya know. Like for instance I just found out mine on Plat and I didn't use any hacking or cheating. It just so happened that I had a random encounter with a shiny bidoof and then I just had to do some basic maths. The whole thing only took about ten minutes. Since when are glitches looked down on?
    You're missing the point. You can't do those calculations without someone prior to you having explored the game's mechanics in pretty extensive detail, and obviously for that an external device is required and can't be done by the game only. Serebii's against anything that requires external devices to be used anywhere down the line for anything as far as I can tell, because it's not technically possible by just playing the game.

I'm not sure what Serebii was getting at either with the zero tolerance policy on cloning and RNG abuse. If that zero tolerance were enforced, trading here would be cut down very significantly though I expect. And most of the users (almost all with shops) would end up getting banned as I don't see them stopping when all other sites allow it.

Didn't understand the suggestion for Australian events to have a section. Does any country have a way of searching for its events? I can't see one, but if there is I'd disagree that Australia doesn't need one, it had 14 gen 4 events for example. If there is a filter by country section, perhaps a miscilleaneous section including canada, australia, norway, sweden, finland, poland, greece, switzerland, belgium, denmark, holland, south america, singapore and taiwan would be good. IDK, it doesn't seem needed but just in case.

Also, my suggestion seemed to get ignored, not sure why as I think it'd be great:

It'd be great if you can get a notification - like when you get a PM or VM - when you're quoted or mentioned in a thread so you don't need to keep searching for replies. It's already done on neoseeker and it's awesome, and I think it'd work great here too.
    Perhaps it'd increase traffic on the site too much, but I'd be surprised. I think it'd just be a sript (?) to send a notification to the user quoted or mentioned (bbcode for quoting user in the post could be something like [not]Username[/not] for example) with a limit of one notification to each user per post set, and the notification number in that users profile increases by 1 with a new section ('Post Mentions' Notification for example) that'd take you to a list of new 'Mention Notification's with links to the appropriate posts. I don't know much AT ALL about altering websites and forums, but I expect it's not too hard to do. Not sure if it'd overload the servers or anything, but considering how many VMs, PMs and posts there are all the time adding 'Post Mention' notifications doesn't sound like it'd be too much for them.
    Last edited by DannyB01; 7th January 2012 at 4:20 AM.

I now have a GBA events shop on serebii! Check it out!!! Expect huge updates soon.
    I have well over 20000 event Pokémon,
    Including over 3000 on GBA saves.

If you like event trading, you should be a member of these sites: PokemonSecure (my name there is Bradnock)
    PokemonPlus (say I referred you please )

a really cool idea would be to host a competition once in a while to make the serebii.net banner!

make a theme and an announcement! (and save yourself some work)...

set some guidelines (size, file type, etc.)
    Brutaka
    PM me for a list of MY DW pokemon- all are female

I EV train for Blue Raja.
    I work in Fly High- drop by and order some art!

PM me if you want me to EV train for you!

FC:3611-6818-3138

Well, whoevers making them at the moment is doing a good job.
    Credit to Pika Pal Lyra

Quote Originally Posted by abrar14 View Post
    Well, whoevers making them at the moment is doing a good job.
    I agree...

serebii makes the banners, but I just think it would be really cool to display user-made banners

kind of showing off the members in the forums 8)
    Brutaka
    PM me for a list of MY DW pokemon- all are female

I EV train for Blue Raja.
    I work in Fly High- drop by and order some art!

PM me if you want me to EV train for you!

FC:3611-6818-3138

^True

That would save serebii time to do other things
    Credit to Pika Pal Lyra

There's the whole issue of consistency in the banner styles, of credit, etc. I think Joe's mentioned before that he wants to keep making the banners himself. (Plus it's not like they're a daily chore he has to carry out; he only needs to make one once every so often so it doesn't take that much time, really).

I guess that I would like to see "Trainers who have this pokemon" for other games not just B&W
    Peace Love and Water Pokemon

Quote Originally Posted by Kaf1999 View Post
    I guess that I would like to see "Trainers who have this pokemon" for other games not just B&W
    I implemented that in the Generation IV Pokédex within an hour of going live with the Gen V one...

I think,(just suggesting),that you should add a nature section to each pokedex entry: what natures are good, what natures are bad, etc. (Just suggesting!)

Quote Originally Posted by viker2 View Post
    I think,(just suggesting),that you should add a nature section to each pokedex entry: what natures are good, what natures are bad, etc. (Just suggesting!)
    If you mean what natures are good competitively, that would be a waste of time, Smogon is a hop and a skip away. If you just want to see the effect a nature has on a stat, look at the bottom of the page.
    Laurence | Rock
    3325-1721-6092
    Onix | Shuckle | Nosepass

Quote Originally Posted by foxyman1167 View Post
    If you mean what natures are good competitively, that would be a waste of time, Smogon is a hop and a skip away. If you just want to see the effect a nature has on a stat, look at the bottom of the page.
    We also have that in our Pokemon of the Week page.

Best natures depend on the sets and each Pokemon has multiple possible sets. I'd essentially just be listing all the natures

THE FOLLOWING ARE THE THINGS THAT I DON'T LIKE NEEDING TO GO TO ANOTHER SITE TO FIND AND SHOULD BE ON SEREBII

IN THE ATTACKDEX
    A lot of secondary effect rates are missing from the attackdex
    Looking through the letter 'A' moves only, 5/5 of the ones that had an effect did not have a rate listed;
    Acid
    Air Slash
    AncientPower
    Astonish Flinch
    Aurora Beam
    The rates are all missing. Could you go through and add in these rates (for these moves and almost all the other attacks with rates)? please...
    Also in the attackdex, under the type sections (that show all moves of that type) could you add in an effect rate column?
    Again, in attackdex, none of the dream world abilities are visible (in the section for individual moves). Could you add these too?

Allow sorting functions in the attackdex. I.E. being able to sort a type of move by category or base power.

MISC

And speaking of sorting, how about a chart of all pokemon and their base stats that can be sorted, not just the top 200.

Fix the IV Formula in game mechanics. No one will use a formula that isn't 100% accurate. I figured out a formula that works. Here is an explanation of my ideas.

IN THE MOVES CALC
    Have one for gen 3-5, that shows all pokemon that learn the move since gen 3. This would be especially helpful for determining things like the pokemon that get Stealth Rock, as you'd want to have as many options as possible.

Allow a filtering system. Something that allows the user to filter out any things they dont want, for example, a type filter and a base stat filter.
    This way I could search for, lets say, a water type with 100 base speed or higher that can learn Waterfall. Then I wouldn't need to look through all the results.

That's all for now...

Spoiler:- credit:
    Joke of the {insert time interval here}
    Want 2 short jokes and 1 long joke?
    joke, joke, joooooooke

In the Dream World main pokemon section, a numerical list of all released DW pokemon, it's difficult cross checking my list against the site, because it's broken up by section and point amount.
    Laurence | Rock
    3325-1721-6092
    Onix | Shuckle | Nosepass

Creating a section for Pokemon Stadium 2 would be awesome!

Click here if you want to join ^
    Going through life with depression is like trying to run for a touchdown on two broken legs.

How about adding a 'Like' button on posts? Example:

I have just posted a post, on the right down corner there is a like button.
    Picture:

[IMG]http://i42.*******.com/2ui7prd.png[/IMG]
    Last edited by Cour; 24th January 2012 at 7:19 PM.
    Help me become a Premium Member on DeviantArt!
    Click here!

[IMG]http://i43.*******.com/or88ch.png[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i44.*******.com/sgqvtj.png[/IMG]
    Credit goes to Mew_

Credit goes to Master

Quote Originally Posted by SlimShady View Post
    Don't worry. It's on the to-do list I'm aiming to work over the other two Stadium games before Nobunaga's Ambition is out

Quote Originally Posted by foxyman1167 View Post
    In the Dream World main pokemon section, a numerical list of all released DW pokemon, it's difficult cross checking my list against the site, because it's broken up by section and point amount.
    http://www.serebii.net/games/hiddenabilityaccess.shtml

Why not make the chatrooms run on Flashplayer instead on Java? There are some websites that can make such chatrooms. Example: http://xat.com
    Help me become a Premium Member on DeviantArt!
    Click here!

[IMG]http://i43.*******.com/or88ch.png[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i44.*******.com/sgqvtj.png[/IMG]
    Credit goes to Mew_

Credit goes to Master

Because XAT chats and flash chats in general are poor quality, impossible to moderate and just look unprofessional

Quote Originally Posted by SlimShady View Post
    I also second this [and yes, I've seen Serebii's reply already].

Oh, and whilst I think it could do with being spaced out a little bit from the links - thanks for separating the games list into their respective generations [that's bugged me forever]!

I think upgrading some pics in the anime character bios would be great, especially for all of Ash's Pokemon at Oak's as they recently appeared in Sinnoh, minus Kingler and Tauros.

Also, there is a mistake in the Ash Ketchum biography in which it states Primeape is no longer his. This is not the case, however, as in the Spurt! theme song, Primeape was only shown with Pokemon still had/could call upon, and not with released Pokemon.

Page 34 of 43 FirstFirst ... 24303132333435363738 ... LastLast