Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Jumping Rocket Ship! (571)

A Chaotic Melee this was, but the lack of Smash Balls and the blatant use of Wavedash by Meowth prevented this from truly becoming a Chaotic Brawl.

No doubt Muku.ROMEO and his Shakespearean tale of tragedy stole the show, although this somehow won't prevent dub viewers from continuing to pin Staravia's gender as female.

Loved Empoleon holding its chin up while walking past Piplup along with Happiny carrying Grotle as to say, "We'll be right back, folks." Then there was Croagunk hitching rides on random barges. Suck a Croagunk-y thing to do. And holy crap was Meowth's fantasy about J&J the funniest thing I've seen out of that character in quite some time. Drop kicking Jun and causing stars to appear in his eyes followed by dicing Empoleon was certainly the most badass moment in a while.

Anyone else feel that scene of Ash, Dawn, and Jun all in a battle stance together looked so much better than Ash, Dawn, and Brock? I'm not saying Jun should be the replacement, as he shouldn't, but geez.

I'd ask someone to translate the text that scrolled at the bottom of Meowth's informercial fantasy, but upon a closer look, it was just random symbols. Anyone care to translate meaningless symbols? For all we know, the animators could have thrown a subliminal message into this.

Johto's Ursaring mishaps was probably my favorite "split-up" episode, and I admit that I'm more than tired of such a plot device (we get one per year, it seems), but this episode was entertaining enough that I'll let it slide over just one last time. But no mercy next time, writers, unless you can somehow top the antics of Muku.JOHNNYBRAVO
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

Just watching the episode now.

- 4 minutes in and if I here "power-uppu" once more I swear I'm going to kill someone. How many times do they say it! I mean last episode it was "timing", which was a change but still!

-Huge explosion, and all the Pokemon fly away. What does Ash say? "AH PIKACHU!!!". It's expected from Dawbn but how could Ash forget his precious Buizel!

-Evil Manene is SO CUTE!! I WANT ON...wait is that a Pachirisu in the background? When did someone capture that?

-Empoleon used Facepalm. Seriously, who would ever follow that little blue ball of self inflated ego anywhere!

-Muku.DECOY!

-Wait...how did Croagunk hire a boat? More brainwashing antics. BTW I'm sure Kojiro must have noticed the Korrobooshi antena on each side of the first boat.

-Piplup has no sense of direction whatsoever. *hopes it goes off a cliff*

-Yay Dustox cameo! Is it just me or are they really overdoing the cameos this series? Caterpie/Butterfree has already had two!

-A steam boat this time. Croagunk has gone up in the world.

-I think that scene of Muku.LOVE and Muku.DRAMA is the most moving thing I have ever seen!

-Trying...not...to look...at Buizel

-Glad to see Piplup finally depressed about something! And Hapinny carrying Grotle was hilarious!

-Meowth's twitch now proves what I have believed all along. Meowth has ADHD!

-Timber-barge...then Speedboat! Croagunk must be doing SOMETHING right to afford all this!

-Penguins have no sense of direction whatsoever.

-No hug for Piplup. The writers must have actually LISTENED to someone for once.

-Meowth Television? I want to see that! Please make a Hoso special of it!

-Buizel fails at badass entry poses.

-...he also can't dance

-Whereas Meowth is the most badass fighter I have ever seen!

And there ends my generally unentertaining review.
    Quote Originally Posted by ?????? View Post
    i is afraid of bad grammarz in t3h title

Failure.
    ~The number 1 Mudkip fanatic!~
    ~Bebo - Facebook ~

~I was a Gligar fan BEFORE Satoshi got one!
    If you were too, copy and paste this in your sig.~

~Claims~
    ~Pokemon: Gligar~
    ~Anime Songs: Maemukki Rocketto-Dan / Ready Go! both from Pokemon~
    ~Celebrities: Terry Wogan - The Stig~
    ~Anime Bishie: Shinku from Rozen Maiden~

~I currently have 85 Trained Pokemon so pick 6 for Roulette Battles!~
    ~Diamond FC: 1376 1038 9979~

Poor Yanmega.

Maybe next time.
    Coming up soon~ Or maybe never.

I find it funny that Swinub didn't do anything in this episode and was barely noticeable.

Meowth seriously rocks, he's funny in this episode and those moves of his were hard core. He needs more episodes, this is why he's one of my favorite characters since Kanto hehe.
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    I find it funny that Swinub didn't do anything in this episode and was barely noticeable.
    .....And how is that different than any other episode the pig has been in while on Dawn's team?

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    Barely? I thought the thing was a freakin rug before I actually realized that Dawn caught a Swinub. :P

EDIT: Damn you, Sonic Boom!

Its a little disappointing, Swinub has no real personality and an ep like this could have fleshed it out.

Oh well, its going to evolve soon anyway so it'll be more interesting.

To look at, anyway...then again, look at what evolution did to Grotle...it's a lot more entertaining than it used to be.

Which isn't saying much, but still.

It would have been nice to at least make it more fleshed out, instead of being a carbon copy of Munchlax. I wonder if it will gain a personality when it evolves.

There are people actually agreeing with me about Buizel? That's a first...

I admit, I do call it ugly quite unfairly. The animator who does episodes like this should get better at it.
    Pokemon: The Theme of Secrets

At long last, I am returning with my Fan-Fic. Just need to find a better host. Blogger has done its course but I need just a little more recognition.

I freaking HATE "Mega" Evolution.

Something other than "glutton", I hope. Overly affectionate, maybe? It'd be hilarious to see Dawn getting smothered by a Piloswine.

Even if it has been done with Gliscor, Carnivine, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Thriller View Post
    There are people actually agreeing with me about Buizel? That's a first...

I admit, I do call it ugly quite unfairly. The animator who does episodes like this should get better at it.
    I respectfully disagree. Sure, Natsume has a tiny bit of trouble with character designs, but other than that, her expressions are the best.
    Last edited by Electivirus; 20th November 2008 at 11:44 PM.

I wasn't exactly calling it ugly, even though my quoted posts indicated it. What I meant was that this was the first time that I noticed a significant change in animation that has nothing to do with the passage of time. It did come off a little bit less appealing than it did before, but not enough that I think its image is horrible. Does that clarify things up a bit?

Oooooh I really loved this episode! It wasn't the best of DP, but it's pretty up there for me. Heh, time for an terribly awesome list thing :'D!

-A blimp that doesn't crash and burn! Woah I loved the view of Canalave, as well as the hint to the games for Jun's character when he seemed very impatient. And Ash's casual pose looking out the window was pretty cool. XD;

- Off the blimp for three seconds and Team Rocket appears! God, even though they set up the basis of an episode, they're as common as a cave's Zubats >>. Anywayy, hated Buisel's pose when it came out of his pokeball, but lovveeed Croagunk's. I was slightly confused for a second when Piplup didn't come out of it's pokeball when Dawn threw her's, but then I remembered it's oh-so-wonderful-screentime.

- Right off the bat, I see more of those little anime-styled pose things with the huge heads and such. And woah, I got a sense of infatuation with Jun on Dawn's part. Battle? Crap, I fail to understand how all of the Pokemon can use their attacks through the net, yet it doesn't break. The explosion was pretty cool too.

-Meowth and Manene look a;ldskgjdf;h pwnsome evil. :<

-And Pochama "leads" the way. Empoleon's wings actually bend for it's body language, and I lurvee. Meanwhile, Ash and co find Muku and Glion! Haha I love the crash landing and Glion looks soooo cute crying :333.

-The bird thrown for a loop with the fake female, eyyy? Lmfao this is one of the many reasons why Mukubird is my favorite of Ash's pokemon. I was always skeptical with its gender (idk if if was previously confirmed), but it's good to know we know it for sure now.

-Pikachu and Meowth interactions were great. Facial expressions even better!

-Even though I'm going sequencially, I'll just bunch all the Croagunkness here. WOAISDJG I love it just being around everywhere on boats and such. It's such a Croagunk thing. :]]!

-Buneary gets alllll the love. I don't care about Ambipom so much, but it upsets me that Swinub seems like ... iono .. a wild Pokemon randomly chilling with the group. :/

-AHHH Jessie <3333 our lovable blue blob! I love these rare momentss!

-Pochama keeps getting its group lost, and you can noticable see Grotle's exhaustion before Happiny comes in and carries it around (which is cute btw). Even though I find Pochama a bit overbearing, I like its personality here. Seems complete.

-Team Rocket and group "standoff" looks cooler with Jun. The end.

-Meowth's depictions of cruel Jessie and James were funny. And the cleaning ad thing! AOISJGOASDIGJ I LOVED IT! Holy crap, it's great to see some hilarious Meowth fantasies. 8]]]

-Female Muku is gone and our Muku is left utterly confused. Love it.

-Random hole bothers me. How could they dig through concrete without having someone notice? And wouldn't it fall before they went to take a step? They were already over it. I guess anime =/= real life, but it still bothers me.

-Fourth movie music! And Dustox!

-Some battle love for Meowth! I don't remember anything so epic with Meowth battle wise since its battle with Persian 203598 years ago. I suppose the length between battles for Meowth explains the really long claws. o_o

-What's up with the random girl calling to the group? A great Brock love scene, followed by the perfect entrance for Croagunk. And did you hear it's uber-cackle? I fricken love Croagunk.

-And Jun leaves the group. I kind of liked his presence with the group: he made them seem complete. I'm sure he'll appear again eventually, most likely with Paul involved somehow, but I'll miss him.

Good episode. No real complaints. I'm a little sad at the lack of brown in Ash's eyes (which they do in a lot of episodes at least once or twice), and I hope they're in next episode :3333. I wish there could've been more shine on Swinub, who once again is just a mop in the closet, and Patchy, who although is with one of the more focused groups, seems to be overshadowed. Again.

I'm shocked that no one noticed that empoleon was drinking coffee...with fins...that don't have opposable thumbs...which without you shoudn't be able to pick up stuff...like coffee...do I need to go on. :P

I can't wait for this episode to air in the US.

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

The animation... it burned my eyes....

But the content was amusing enough, though.

But still, I can't stand that animation style.... it feels... lazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Somorio View Post
    I'm shocked that no one noticed that empoleon was drinking coffee...with fins...that don't have opposable thumbs...which without you shoudn't be able to pick up stuff...like coffee...do I need to go on. :P
    hell yeah...empoleon was holding a cup with both wings...although it does have 3 little claws under those wings
    and of all the pokemon that meowth could have picked to do his slice-and-dice,he HAD to pick empoleon...why couldn't it hit Buizel instead?
    And why did water gun looked the same as a smaller hydro pump?I don't know...

Decent episode,special mentions to Staravia/Muku.Bird(or should i say Muku.BROCK?),Gliscor and "The faces of evil"

Hydro Pump = Water Gun unless the Pokemon in question uses both.

Quote Originally Posted by Bliksem View Post
    You can't stand cartoony animation? You did not find Jessie/James exaggerated expressions to be funny? Or Meowths grinning?

I have no idea why you react to this show in such odd ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Somorio View Post
    I'm more concerned about a Metallic Penguin drinking coffee in the first place.

What does Altaria do to Oak during his segment?
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

Ok seriously, we need another Island of the Giant Pok&#233;mon episode. This sounds like an amusing episode, funny and full of wackiness.

So about Canalave City, are Iron/Fullmoon/Newmoon part of it? How many islands are there total? I've seen two different pics so I can't tell. I still don't get why they made it islands instead of on the coast.
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

Quote Originally Posted by Bliksem View Post
    The animation... it burned my eyes....

But the content was amusing enough, though.

So designing exaggerated poses and facial movements with vibrant colors that all flow together in a very fluid fashion is "lazy", especially in comparison to say...a Takeda episode in which every character's head is disproportional to the body and conjoined by a foot-long neck or when the only part of a person's limbs you see moving is the occasional shift in the thin outline's position?
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

I said, I was bored...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast