Page 135 of 155 FirstFirst ... 3585125131132133134135136137138139145 ... LastLast
Results 3,351 to 3,375 of 3856

Thread: SPPF Christian Alliance

Thank you, Pikawho, I wish you merry Christmas, and merry Chrismas to the rest of people. It's a very important day for us. My best wishes, CCT.

Current Shiny Hunting (LG1, LG2 ,FR1, FR2): Shiny Paras. 7000 encounters.
    Next Hunting: Five Island Meadow.
    Soul Silver Team: Thyplosion, Ampharos, Dragonite, Exeggcuttor, Lapras, Tyranitar

Merry Christmas everyone!! Have a wonderful day and remember to stop and thank Jesus!

Hope everyone here is having a blessed Christmas day! I got some really good books, and some Pokémon cards. I was very glad to (with my brothers) get a copy of White Version 2 for a friend. I even allowed this friend to borrow my copy a few days earlier. (I think because of this he suspected absolutely nothing!)

Sprites ripped by Yoshi Clone of spritersresource.com. Banner by my brother ShinySandshrew.

Just wanted to wish all the members of the Christian Alliance a safe, blessed, and Happy New Year in 2013.

Also, I can't believe that people are getting their panties all in a bunch over Charlie Brown Christmas! Wait, scratch that--you never see the old claymation Christmas Special "Little Drummer Boy" on TV any more. What's wrong with that? If you don't want to watch something, then you can always change the channel. It's what I do when sports come on. We should have the freedom to have Christmas specials that are, you know, actually about Christmas. It's not all Santa Claus, people. Sorry if I got a little fussy, this is just one of the things that irks me.
    What's wrong with A Charlie Brown Christmas? It's produced by a private company, broadcast over a privately owned network. The people who own the network and the people who own Peanuts have freedom of speech, don't they? Even if someone disagrees with the special, said person should respect the owner's rights.

P.S. The Little Drummer Boy used stop motion, but it wasn't claymation; it was armature animation. O.K. pointless technical comment out of the way.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this into your sig if you are too.†

Hi all, can I join? Looking forward to some great debates.

[img]http://i41.*******.com/2dqo1e.png[/img]~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Total clan wins: 25

Spoiler:- Credit:

Quote Originally Posted by Matoro View Post
    Hi all, can I join? Looking forward to some great debates.
    Well, we leave the debates to the debate forum (we used to allow stuff kinda like that, but it caused some problems, so meh), but if you're a Christian who loves to talk about Jesus then welcome! ^_^

Feel free to create a discussion topic if you'd like. We haven't had a ton of activity lately, and I forgot the discussion idea I had the other day, lol.

Piggybacking on the later portion of what Matoro said,

Lately I've been having a greater interest to defend the faith.
    Not just for the sake of arguing, but to have a better understanding of the Christian mind.
    I want to have a better understanding of my Christian worldview.
    Learning how to address those big questions like, "What does it mean to have a Christian mind?"
    Or "What are the basics, or the foundational beliefs of the Christian worldview?"

I've read some really great stuff, and it's like I have a craving for more.

Not sure if there's like a "question of the week" or anything, but if there isn't, then I'll put this out there for discussion.

"Can we disagree and still be faithful Christians?"

Wat u think?

[img]http://i41.*******.com/2dqo1e.png[/img]~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Total clan wins: 25

"Can we disagree and still be faithful Christians?"
    Could you please elaborate?

My memory escapes me. Do we have any Ted Dekker fans in the club? I really need to discuss The Circle, more specifically Green, with someone who's read all four books.

So, for example, is it possible for two people of one denomination to disagree on something faith-related and still both not commit a sin? Are there any points God leaves up to us?

I'm a Christian and I take my faith very seriously. I'm also a big Pokemon fan and was just wondering, how do my fellow Christian fans view what causes some Christians to consider Pokemon as "evil"? Thank you because this has been on my mind lately!
    Last edited by Chimungus; 9th February 2013 at 11:25 PM.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this into your sig if you are too.†

I don't quite see how Pokemon conflicts in any way with Christianity.

^Adding to that, if you took totally seriously anything that could possibly be considered evil even slightly, then you pretty much couldn't do anything at all ever. What kind of things are you most concerned about? If you are putting Pokemon before God, that's wrong, and if the Holy Spirit convicts you of playing Pokemon, then you shouldn't, either. But if you're on the fence, then probably it's fine, because you'd know 100% if you'd been convicted. A lot of things which gain mass popularity will be condemned by some Christians, but that doesn't mean that it is evil.

† I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

"For God so loveth the world, that he hath given his only son, that none that believe in him, should perish: but should have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

My Animelist

Yea that's exactly what I was thinking Roseheart. I know its just fantasy, and very tame at that, but some people might view things in different ways. Thanks for sharing your opinion! Have any of oyu heard of the band Flyleaf? They're a Christian rockk abnd and their music is just amazing!

I feel pretty much the same about it.

Heard Flyleaf. Not a fan. I never liked the way Lacy sung (though I hear she's left), and I'm not a big fan of bands that do angry love songs with lots of power chords only. Red, Pillar, Sent by Ravens, Disciple, I Am Empire, and Since October are the closest I'll get to that. I'm more of a extreme metal guy. Demon Hunter, Oh Sleeper, Becoming the Archetype, For Today, I the Breather, War of Ages, Impending Doom, A Plea for Purging. Stuff like that.
    Last edited by Dread Advocate; 11th February 2013 at 6:32 AM.

welcome to the club, Matoro and Chimungus! I hope you'll enjoy your time here. =) There has been very little activity as of late but you're welcome to ask questions and start topics. Hopefully things will continue to pick up.

So, for example, is it possible for two people of one denomination to disagree on something faith-related and still both not commit a sin? Are there any points God leaves up to us?
    My question is: is disagreeing on something faith-related a sin itself? That seems to be what you're implying. My answer to that is simply "no". The ultimate authority we have to look to for spiritual guidance is God's Word. The way I see it, if both sides are using scripture to back up where they stand, they can't be sinning. Although, of course, there are different interpretations to scripture. We're only human so naturally we won't be able to fully understand what God has said to us. This is why I don't see it as a sin to disagree about something of this nature.

Not sure if I answered your question or if I just typed up a rambling mess. lol

Chimungus: I know when it first came out most Christians were against it because it's a game about animals with supernatural powers ("magic"). Specifically, the presence of psychic types and witches within the game raised flags in the Christian community. The most obvious reason for hating the game is that the characters evolve. Since many Christians are against evolution, the use of the term raises more flags.

Roseheart does make a good point. On its own, the game isn't evil. If it becomes an idol in your life, then that's when you need to step back and check yourself. =)

Flyleaf is pretty good. I don't listen to them very often but they're not a bad group. My musical tastes are very similar to DA's. Metal isn't everyone's cup of tea, but it's something I've grown to appreciate.
    Pikawho: 5413 5779 3126 (Pt) / 4941 7679 5057 (SS) / 0474 5386 6385 (Pearl) / 2795 0047 2273 (Black) / 2148 8311 0090 (3DS)

Pic by Giygas.
    Owner of the ChristianAlliance

"Awake, my soul, give me eyes to see the King exalted, deserving and worthy. Awake, my soul, give me words to speak among the nations proclaiming Your glory.
    OH, HOW YOU'VE PROVEN THAT THERE IS NO ONE LIKE YOU! EVER FAITHFUL TO SUCH FAITHLESS MEN LIKE US!"
    Wolves at the Gate - Awaken

I really don't go on here much but I really like this club and will enjoy posting here. What I've learned about judging some form of fiction that involves fantasy or magic is how that subject is used and what the message about it is. Is it too close to what God forbids us to partake in, or is it something from the artists imagination? Like the psychic types, the only reason they're associated with that word is because the Pokemon are born with some kind of mental sensitivity or have a high IQ, so they're not like real-world psychics. At least, that's my take on things!

Hey! Can I join if I am Catholic?
    My 3DS FC is 2964-8767-0282 PM me if you add me!

Visit Me and Chapter of Charizards gaming blog. Fans are always appreciated and welcomed. Feel free to comment!

Quote Originally Posted by ysmr97 View Post
    Hey! Can I join if I am Catholic?
    We hold no prejudices against any denominations. So long as PikaWho, jesusfreak, or ShinySandshrew say you can, you can.

Quote Originally Posted by Dread Advocate View Post
    My memory escapes me. Do we have any Ted Dekker fans in the club? I really need to discuss The Circle, more specifically Green, with someone who's read all four books.
    Oh ooooo! *raises hand* Me, meeee! I'm a fan and would love to talk about it. Green was a rather odd one in the series...

Quote Originally Posted by Skillfulness View Post
    Oh ooooo! *raises hand* Me, meeee! I'm a fan and would love to talk about it. Green was a rather odd one in the series...
    Were you underwhelmed and disappointed by the ending for Green? There were a couple serious theological flaws in the ending that gave me a sour taste in my mouth. I've been messaging ShinySandshrew about this as well.

Evolution in pokemon is completly different than the theory of evolution, darwin's theory sais that evolution is one species evolving to another species. In pokemon they don't really "evolve" Firstly its the same being just changing forms. (ex. Bulbasaur evolving to Ivysaur, still same old Bulbasaur must reamped) Second im pretty sure devolving is not in the theory. Which is what happen's when you breed.

But ya there are some very conservative Christians in the church, which isn't necessaarily a bad thing. But it can hurt the church's image. Especially the ones who look down on unbelievers. Ive seen countless people hate on christians for that. Then they meet me and there like oh I guess christians arnt so bad. It's like some christians skip corinthians 13, if i dont have love im a resounding gong or a clanging cymbol. Jesus is all that seporates us from them.

Would you take that as my application to join the clup.
    Last edited by Nyberg.Brandon; 13th February 2013 at 12:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dread Advocate View Post
    Were you underwhelmed and disappointed by the ending for Green? There were a couple serious theological flaws in the ending that gave me a sour taste in my mouth. I've been messaging ShinySandshrew about this as well.
    Yeah, I was expecting better. I feel like he just wanted another book to make a different ending for Thomas. I haven't read it in a while, but I do remember it having some sketchy analogies to the bible and Chrsitianity. The style did not fit, that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Skillfulness View Post
    Yeah, I was expecting better. I feel like he just wanted another book to make a different ending for Thomas. I haven't read it in a while, but I do remember it having some sketchy analogies to the bible and Chrsitianity. The style did not fit, that's for sure.
    That is kinda how it felt. I feel like he portrayed Elyon, instead of God like he originally was, as a near God-like being that has immense power, but it's not enough to stop the scabbing disease (sin). I know he wrote an alternate ending for the book, bringing closure to the series rather than making it a cycle of endless misery for Thomas, but it's hard to find it, and it's really expensive because it the entire series in a single, two thousand page volume.
    Last edited by Dread Advocate; 14th February 2013 at 2:44 AM.

Page 135 of 155 FirstFirst ... 3585125131132133134135136137138139145 ... LastLast