Page 139 of 155 FirstFirst ... 3989129135136137138139140141142143149 ... LastLast
Results 3,451 to 3,475 of 3856

Thread: SPPF Christian Alliance

Sounds about like how I behave during Scream the Prayer every year. And you described the 7 Venue as well, though that's only its current location. It's set up in the middle of a pretty bad neighborhood. Tony, the owner, finally appealed to the state court to get enough money to move. The new location, though still in that neighborhood, is better lit, is an abandoned RV dealership not far from the current location, and when they're done moving in, the 7 will be bigger than the Masquerade in Atlanta. That means bigger bands, like Prada and August Burns Red.

Wow so that's also a venue that they set up for a show and then take down? I always imagined that it was a small venue like the one I went to for STP last year. I guess I haven't been to enough venues yet...But that would be cool. How far is the closest venue you could see either of them at?
    Pikawho: 5413 5779 3126 (Pt) / 4941 7679 5057 (SS) / 0474 5386 6385 (Pearl) / 2795 0047 2273 (Black) / 2148 8311 0090 (3DS)

Pic by Giygas.
    Owner of the ChristianAlliance

"Awake, my soul, give me eyes to see the King exalted, deserving and worthy. Awake, my soul, give me words to speak among the nations proclaiming Your glory.
    OH, HOW YOU'VE PROVEN THAT THERE IS NO ONE LIKE YOU! EVER FAITHFUL TO SUCH FAITHLESS MEN LIKE US!"
    Wolves at the Gate - Awaken

No, the 7 was an old dollar theater. But the county wants to expand the road it's on, and the expansion begins in the plaza it's in. People have been moved out of their homes, and most businesses were compensated by the state. The 7 was one of the few that had to appeal to the state court for compensation.

Prada's set to be in Atlanta in December, but it's at the Masquerade, full of hateful people (even the workers) and drunk people (also the workers). Something I'd rather avoid. ABR currently doesn't have any tour dates set in the states; they're currently touring Europe. However, an upcoming concert I'm looking forward to is 152 Festival in Macon. Some of my friends from the 7, who live up in Cartersville, may be going and, thus, may offer me a ride.

Hey I am a Christian and I would love to join.

Quote Originally Posted by Pikawho? View Post
    Celestial Moth: It has been decided by myself and the co-owners that you cannot be a member of this club. This decision was made based on differences in spiritual beliefs. Please don't take this rejection personally. We are only trying to prevent potential conflict. Thank you. If you have any questions please message either me, Jesusfreak, or ShinySandshrew.

TheSketchQueen: Unfortunately, due to the vast differences between Mormon and Christian beliefs, the co-owners and I have decided not to give you membership. As with Celestial Moth, this is only to prevent future conflicts due to disagreement in doctrine. Please don't take this personally. As much as I'd like to let you join, we do not see membership as being beneficial to you. Thank you. If you have any questions please message either me, Jesusfreak, or ShinySandshrew.

ItalianBaptist, EpicJirachifan, Leafme: Welcome to the CA! Hopefully I didn't scare you away with the rejection of two members. It's very rare that we turn people away. =/ Please feel to contribute to the current topic. If there is a question or topic you would like to discuss feel free to post about it. Currently going in and out of inactivity here but hopefully we can get things moving again. =)

DreadAdvocate: I was really disappointed that I couldn't go to that! I had my ticket for the VA show but something came up after church that day. I was really looking forward to seeing Wolves at the Gate perform. =/ Although I will get to go to this so at least I'll get another chance to see WATG. Pretty strong line-up too. It'll be my brother's first show too so it should be a great day all around. =)

WT: Haha your membership here never expires, even if I fail to put the username in the memberlist. lol Glad to see you're still around!

Roseheart really hit it on the head. It's unfair that your cousin is judging your friends based on bad experiences with other Christians. Hopefully he trusts you enough to be able to take your word for it when you say that they aren't as he makes them out to be. I hope things improve for you guys! I'll be praying. =)

And I'll be trying to get back into the habit of posting here. I want to be able to get things going again. Hopefully being out of school will help. =P

Have a blessed day, everyone!
    Sorry for late reply (Although yours was just as late haha:P). Well, he has stopped talking like that, knowing it upsets me and I have asked him not to do it anymore, but I don't think anything I will say, will fully change his mind. What's annoying is my own father, who says he's a Christian (Not sure about that claim anymore....) acts a similar fashion, but that's my father, he doesn't trust anyone at all and thinks everyone's just out to take advantage of me and are jerks.

It's kinda sad how the world ended up, everyone's so paranoid that everyone else is an enemy that cannot ever be trusted, sadly life causes people to be suspicious of each other, that's not what God would want I say.

But everything's calm now, so my cousin has knocked it off, although he still makes it clear he won't able to get along with them.
    Claims Amber Benson and Ali Larter as Bishie.

Credits go to the original creators of Cynthia's and Flannery's artwork.
    United we stand but seperated we fall

And so the fifth generation begins...

Hi everyone! It's been ages since I've posted here, hope you're all doing well! I just wanted to put out that I had a dream a while ago that my friend interpreted. Apparently I'm going to be helping God's plan and I'm getting some responsibility. It's a bit surprising to me because I've been rather far from God; selfishly spending all summer with my friends basically. I do know I'm getting help, but this is still a big deal for me. Prayers appreciated and I hope everyone has a wonderful week ^_^

^I'll pray for you! I hope God will call me to do some work, too, because I feel like I don't do enough for Him (but I know it's saved by faith, not works!)

† I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

"For God so loveth the world, that he hath given his only son, that none that believe in him, should perish: but should have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

My Animelist

Quote Originally Posted by Dialga's Song of Time View Post
    Hey I am a Christian and I would love to join.
    Sorry, I meant to reply earlier, but welcome to the Christian Alliance! Feel free to join in the current conversation or start a new one.

Good morning that the Lord has made and a beautiful one at that. I live in Statesboro, GA and I am a Methodist Christian and a fan of Pokémon and other Nintendo series. Anyways, another topic, are there any Zelda fans here too. Two years ago was the 25th anniversary of the Legend of Zelda series.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKYn4ACAd7s This was recorded at a church in Washington state. Fun fact to fellow Christians, did you know that Christianity was originally going to have some focus in the Legend of Zelda but I don't know the rest.

This focus is what Christian themes have you found in Nintendo franchises?

I've come to join, to add to this fine group and make new friends that worship the most great being who founded the universe and has helped me many different times in the past.

The Lord kept me in one piece when times got tough, and is helping me stay together right now. Chatting with fellow believers also helps tame me, and I also get along well with those of my religion.

Quote Originally Posted by Dialga's Song of Time View Post
    Good morning that the Lord has made and a beautiful one at that. I live in Statesboro, GA and I am a Methodist Christian and a fan of Pokémon and other Nintendo series. Anyways, another topic, are there any Zelda fans here too. Two years ago was the 25th anniversary of the Legend of Zelda series.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKYn4ACAd7s This was recorded at a church in Washington state. Fun fact to fellow Christians, did you know that Christianity was originally going to have some focus in the Legend of Zelda but I don't know the rest.

This focus is what Christian themes have you found in Nintendo franchises?
    I haven't noticed too many obvious Christian themes in many Nintendo games, but it is interesting to hear that the Legend of Zelda series could have had a Christian basis for part of it. Of course, the game ended up being much less Christian-based in the end with all the focus on magic and monsters, but it's a cool piece of trivia for a great game series.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelrush View Post
    I've come to join, to add to this fine group and make new friends that worship the most great being who founded the universe and has helped me many different times in the past.

The Lord kept me in one piece when times got tough, and is helping me stay together right now. Chatting with fellow believers also helps tame me, and I also get along well with those of my religion.
    Absolutely! Welcome to the Christian Alliance! I hope you'll grow in the grace and love of Jesus Christ during your time here. Please feel free to join in the current conversation or start a new one.

True and onto another topic, if all the prominent biblical people had a pokemon(Legendary pokemon should be for the more important and to our Lord and Savior).

Quote Originally Posted by jesusfreak94 View Post
    I haven't noticed too many obvious Christian themes in many Nintendo games, but it is interesting to hear that the Legend of Zelda series could have had a Christian basis for part of it. Of course, the game ended up being much less Christian-based in the end with all the focus on magic and monsters, but it's a cool piece of trivia for a great game series.
    I really wish they had kept that, that would have been so awesome. I've seen a cool picture from "Link to the Past" related to that.
    Let's face it: ferret-esque Pokemon are the most epic Pokemon ever (to me)!!!!!! Why can't Nintendo make ones that AREN'T NU Pokemon?!? One of these guys in standard would make me quite happy.

Started by jesusfreak94:
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9186-8386 Pokemon Found: Mienfoo, Throw, Breloom

Quote Originally Posted by Furret Master View Post
    I really wish they had kept that, that would have been so awesome. I've seen a cool picture from "Link to the Past" related to that.

I saw that picture on Zelda wiki. Yeah that would have been cool. Really though, do you think if Ganon found about God, he would just not seek the triforce and instead try to use God's power? But that would be one sided as Ganon would be done in.

Anyways have you watched Pokémon Arceus and the Jewel of Life which is a favorite Pokémon movie? Is it me or did the movie have a bit of an Easter feel to it like Marcus betraying Arceus like Judas betraying Jesus, Arceus is restored from near death after being drowned in Silver Water(man that was dark for a pokemon movie. That liquid must not be some ordinary liquid.) and Jesus rises from the dead on the third day.

I think a lot of stories that seem to be simple children's stories have a biblical counterpart, i.e. Chronicles of Narnia. It is entirely possible, although some debate if describing Arceus as the "God Pokémon" or "Creator Pokémon" is sacrilegious.

[img]http://i41.*******.com/2dqo1e.png[/img]~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Total clan wins: 25

Spoiler:- Credit:

Quote Originally Posted by Matoro View Post
    I think a lot of stories that seem to be simple children's stories have a biblical counterpart, i.e. Chronicles of Narnia. It is entirely possible, although some debate if describing Arceus as the "God Pokémon" or "Creator Pokémon" is sacrilegious.
    I think the main argument why it's not really something to get worried about it is that Pokemon is set in a different world to ours.

† I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

"For God so loveth the world, that he hath given his only son, that none that believe in him, should perish: but should have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

My Animelist

Welcome to the club DSoT and Steelrush! I hope you enjoy your time here. =)

Regarding Zelda and Christianity, that's really interesting. I had never heard of that before. I can kinda see it, though. In the first game your shield has a cross on it and in a Link to the Past there's a church. I might be pulling out insignificant details though. Definitely wouldn't have worked with all the polytheism and magic in that world but still could've been a neat reference. I'll need to look up that pic you guys referenced.

And there are definitely many allegories of the gospel story. I agree with Roseheart that it's not really sacrilegious since it's in a completely different universe. I have not seen the movie but from what you described it sounds like Arceus basically died but came back to life as if nothing happened (I believe Celebi in Pokemon 4ever had a similar experience). It's not telling you that Arceus died so that we could be saved. But that's just my take on it.

Dread Advocate: Ah ok. Well hopefully ABR and DWP will swing by the 7 next time around. ABR just announced a new tour and they'll also be at the masquerade. That's unfortunate that the people at the venue are horrible. =/ Hopefully that other festival will work out for you! I've honestly only heard of the headliners (saw Oh Sleeper at warped tour in July) but I'm sure it'll still be a great time.

WT: Haha I'm the king of late responses. Don't sweat it. =P Well that's something at least. Hopefully God will bring some good Christians into your cousin's life who can be a good witness to him. I definitely agree that it sucks how a lot of people these days can be paranoid and be hesitant to trust anyone. But that's the result of living in a fallen world.
    Pikawho: 5413 5779 3126 (Pt) / 4941 7679 5057 (SS) / 0474 5386 6385 (Pearl) / 2795 0047 2273 (Black) / 2148 8311 0090 (3DS)

Pic by Giygas.
    Owner of the ChristianAlliance

"Awake, my soul, give me eyes to see the King exalted, deserving and worthy. Awake, my soul, give me words to speak among the nations proclaiming Your glory.
    OH, HOW YOU'VE PROVEN THAT THERE IS NO ONE LIKE YOU! EVER FAITHFUL TO SUCH FAITHLESS MEN LIKE US!"
    Wolves at the Gate - Awaken

That's true and now to a new topic, if all prominent people in Bibilical history had partner pokemon, what would they be? Legendaries and pseudo legendaries would best fit the higher up like Jesus, God, Mary, and others.

The three wise men would possibly have Pokemon similar to the Sinnoh lake guardians.

Hm, I think if there were "light types" then maybe they'd fit the bill for a lot of them

My Animelist

Okay sorry about this, but I have another question about Pokemon that's been bugging me lately! I found this super weird website online that was complaining about Pokemon being evil (don't ask me how I found it!) I think it's a joke, but what bothers me is what they say about Kadabra might be based off of. It's called "pokedex of evil" I think so if you could read what it says and tell me your opinion about it I would appreciate it!
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this into your sig if you are too.†

Spoiler:- guess what:

Really this is clearly intended to be a joke. To begin with, this guy knows what's up with the evolutions etc. It's supposed to be funny. All the commenters took him seriously though. It's just a giant joke.

[img]http://i41.*******.com/2dqo1e.png[/img]~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Total clan wins: 25

Spoiler:- Credit:

We know that and really evolution in pokemon is metamorphises. Anyways back to the topic I was talking about.

Well i know it's a joke, but do you think the abra line is supposed to be based off of that demonic thing? I really don't see many similarities but I've read about it elsewhere.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this into your sig if you are too.†

No its based off of psychics and resembles a fox

Page 139 of 155 FirstFirst ... 3989129135136137138139140141142143149 ... LastLast