Page 1 of 155 123451151101 ... LastLast

Thread: SPPF Christian Alliance

Default SPPF Christian Alliance

Hey there everyone, welcome to the Christian Alliance! As if the title didn't make it obvious enough already, this club is for any member of the Christian belief. Doesn't matter if you're Catholic, Protestant, or some other group that follows Christ--if Jesus is your hero, this is where you belong. If you wanna join just post saying that you want in and you'll be an official member! =D

For those interested in Christianity: look below for information about salvation.

RULES

- All SPPf rules apply here. That means no bashing, no spamming, no sneaking around the censors, etc.

- Do not harass the atheist or muslim alliances (either by pm or through posting). Although we do not agree with their beliefs, planning against them or anything like that will not be tolerated. If you absolutely must tell them that they're wrong, go to the debate forum and argue it out there.

- Non-members are encouraged to ask any questions they have, concerning Christianity. If you want a more thorough answer on a topic, visit www.gotquestions.org. That site is run by more educated Christians and will probably answer your question better than we can. In the event you only post to pick at our beliefs or whine and carry on, you will be reported. The Christian alliance is a place where we are allowed to speak of our religion without people telling us it's wrong. If you see something you don't agree with, too bad. This isn't the debate forum people, so please go there if all you want to do is argue.

Edit: For an indefinite period of time, nonmembers are not allowed to post here. Lately tensions have been high, due to posts from nonmembers so we are restricting this privilege until things settle down. Please respect this request. (Non-members asking for membership are allowed to post.)

- Due to the mass amount of wars caused by the subject of homosexuality, we have created a rule concerning the matter. WE DO NOT HATE HOMOSEXUALS. Hate the sin and love the sinner, this is the idea we support. Because the Bible does cite homosexuality as a sin though, we will not approve of such behavior just as we would not support people stealing, lying, cheating, etc. Homosexual Christians are still allowed to join by all means, but please do not get upset when someone tells you it's wrong. Again guys, this is not the debate forum. If you want to argue over the matter, please look there. Since we believe the Bible is the word of God though, we obviously have a straight forward answer to "is this wrong?" and there's no point in even debating about it in the first place.

Owner - Pikawho?
    Co-Owner - ShinySandshrew
    Co-Owner - Jesusfreak94
    Temporary Co-Owner - Salavoir55

Spoiler:- Member list:

BANNERS

Anyone may contribute banners (regardless of whether or not they are members of the club). If you have a banner, you must pm me it first. Once approved, you may announce it to errybody and I'll add it to the banner selections. If you were not the creator of the banner, you must first get permission from the creator and credit the mind behind it.

Credit must be given for all banners.

Spoiler:- Banners:

The Gospel:
        Spoiler:- How does salvation work? Why do I need it?::

"I have stored up You Word in my heart, that I might not sin against You." -Psalm 119:11 (ESV)

Spoiler:- Memory Verse of the Week:

Spoiler:- Memory Verse Archive:

------------------------------------------
    Reboot of the CA approved by Medea.
    Last edited by Pikawho?; 25th August 2013 at 1:53 AM.
    Pikawho: 5413 5779 3126 (Pt) / 4941 7679 5057 (SS) / 0474 5386 6385 (Pearl) / 2795 0047 2273 (Black) / 2148 8311 0090 (3DS)

Pic by Giygas.
    Owner of the ChristianAlliance

"Awake, my soul, give me eyes to see the King exalted, deserving and worthy. Awake, my soul, give me words to speak among the nations proclaiming Your glory.
    OH, HOW YOU'VE PROVEN THAT THERE IS NO ONE LIKE YOU! EVER FAITHFUL TO SUCH FAITHLESS MEN LIKE US!"
    Wolves at the Gate - Awaken

I've always wanted to join the Christian Alliance. I'm trying to visit the Clubs forum more often again, and joining here would not only help me do that but hopefully become more...open about my love for Christ as well. It's something I really need to work on, and I know being here would help me with that a lot.

I'm Protestant (Lutheran), and I've been going to church since I was three-years-old. Going to church isn't exactly a big thing around where I live, so it's always been awkward for me to talk about with anyone but my family and other people from my church. So...yeah. I kinda just keep to myself, which is something I'm not so proud about doing. Like I said, I really want to be more open about my love for Christ. It's going to be a new goal for me.

Hope I can join. :] I haven't been to church in a while (we're having a lot of family problems at the moment, and it's been really hard to make it...which I feel really bad about - I pray everyday at home, but it's really not enough), and I really need a place that's at least sort of like church. XD; Thanks for listening to me, if anything.

I want to join~!!! I love Jesus and stuff~!!! I'm a Christian and I've been going to church since I was six. I think it'll be cool being here since I don't get to talk about Jesus all that much since whenever I talk to my Christian friends we end up talking about Bleach, or school, or video games >>; So yah, add me to the list! 8D

You know Mewtwo eats your team alive!! Credit to Blue Ace~!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rad3n View Post
    CB Blissey Focus Punch Vs. 176 HP CB Tyranitar = 86-102%
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Ace View Post
    Pokemon is lame now.
    You best believe it foo!

Yay, I'll finally have a post on the first page. :P

Have any of you heard about the controversy with Hillsong Australia's latest album "This Is Our God"?

Basically, a guy who wrote the song "Healer", which is about God being a healer, was walking around being sick and stuff, and then got "healed". But then it turned out he was faking. So they had to do a recall of all original releases of the album and DVD (which had his testimony) and remove it.

Shame, it's a powerful song. We still use it at Church. :P
    SPPF Christian Alliance Club
    Paired with the spiggin' awesome Saya

PC Specs: AMD Athlon 64 X2 4800 (AM2 2.5 GHz) | NVIDIA GeForce GTX480 (1024MB PCI-E) | ASUS M4A78 PLUS | 4x 1 GB DDR2 667 | 320GB Seagate/80GB Hitachi SATA

"Though your sins are like scarlet, I will make them as white as snow."

Woot! This is my first post in the new alliance!!!

Never heard of that song, Kal-El. Can you post some lyrics?

Well, I'm going through even more rough times. My physics grade is dropping like a brick...and I'm trying to get number 1 in the class again this year...Somedays, I wish I wouldn't have to get out of bed. I'm always in a panic after a test (like today) and until I get my results, I can't stop thinking about the test. My faith has been tested through this. I'm starting to wonder if God is telling me I need to focus on something else other than getting top average. Then again, I've gotten it for the past five years, and valedictorian is coming up next year...so...I don't know what to think. I'm just mentally, emotionally, and physically tired.

http://www.6lyrics.com/music/hillson...s/healer2.aspx

Just don't worry about tests. It never really bothers me cos I know, no matter what, it'll end well.
    SPPF Christian Alliance Club
    Paired with the spiggin' awesome Saya

PC Specs: AMD Athlon 64 X2 4800 (AM2 2.5 GHz) | NVIDIA GeForce GTX480 (1024MB PCI-E) | ASUS M4A78 PLUS | 4x 1 GB DDR2 667 | 320GB Seagate/80GB Hitachi SATA

"Though your sins are like scarlet, I will make them as white as snow."

I'd like to rejoin, please...

Also, any of you who read the last thread know that I have a prayer request or two, so yeah. It's kinda rough right now, but I do also have a praise. For any of you who know anything about Band, I had Chair Auditions a week ago, after having prayed fervently about it, and yesterday found out that I got second chair, playing the first (and highest) part. My director said it was cause I was not only good, especially for a freshman, but also because I was ambitious. So yeah, now I actually have a shot at some solos, which I play in class anyway. Happy really doesn't cover it. Nervous might, though. XD

Welcome Chelc and Fort. Hope this place helps you grow in your love for Christ. :3

Dawgs, you don't need to re-join....>.> We only transferred to a different thread...>.>

I like the lyrics.

Gah. We need a new topic. I'll see what I can do....>.>

Anyone have a verse that they would like to discuss? Or a passage of scripture?
    Pikawho: 5413 5779 3126 (Pt) / 4941 7679 5057 (SS) / 0474 5386 6385 (Pearl) / 2795 0047 2273 (Black) / 2148 8311 0090 (3DS)

Pic by Giygas.

"Awake, my soul, give me eyes to see the King exalted, deserving and worthy. Awake, my soul, give me words to speak among the nations proclaiming Your glory.
    OH, HOW YOU'VE PROVEN THAT THERE IS NO ONE LIKE YOU! EVER FAITHFUL TO SUCH FAITHLESS MEN LIKE US!"

Pachirisu is offline <- He want da cookie

Well guys, I have a praise report. Ok, in the other club, I made a post asking people to PM because I needed to talk to some one. Just to get some things off of my chest. Well, just about a week ago, I was in a very bad car accident. A car ran a red light, and hit my friends car. (on the passengers side) I can't explain to you, how it happened, but ever since then, I have been paralyzed from the waist down. The doctor said I was lucky to be alive, but I would never be able to walk again. It was shocking to hear that for me. I just can't explain what I felt when I was told that. At first I was almost angry at God. But I realized, that God let this happen for a purpose. I repented, and went on with my life. Just yesterday, I stayed up all night, just praying and talking to God, until I just passed out from exhaustion. In the morning, I got a phone call from some man. And the only thing I heard was "Get up, and walk!" I didn't know what to think of it. I heard the voice again and it said the same thing. I don't even know what came over me, but I only closed my eyes for just a second, and when I opened my eyes, I was standing! I started to walk and run and I just got on my knees and just thanked God over and over again. I couldn't believe what had happened. One moment I was sitting in a wheel chair and unable to walk, and the next I was running! I went to see my doctor, and he said that I was perfectly healed! I called everyone I knew and told them about it. I can't thank God enough for what he did! I am going to give my testimony at my church on Sunday, but I will always be in debt to God. I can walk again and I can run again, and I owe it all to God.

But I also just want to thank everyone who prayed for me, and I want them to know, that they helped more than they know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Faerie View Post
    Honestly, I think that the Auraholics went extinct in the anti-Auraholics' genocide. Now they're more like the monsters under the bed that everyone fears but never sees or hears.
    Little kids now have something other than the boogie monster to be afraid of.

The Johto starters in the anime sucked. If you agree copy and paste this in your sig. ~Started by Pachirisu~
    ~Credit goes to Ayra~

Wow, Parichisu, that is amazing. And Pikawho, you should probably update taht member list, since some of those people may not be on Serebii anymore.
    A proud member of:SPPf Christian Alliance

When I asked Jesus how much he loved me, he said "This much."
    Then he stretched out his arms...and died for me.

Click so they hatch and grow:

Quote Originally Posted by DawgsFan247 View Post
    I'd like to rejoin, please...

Also, any of you who read the last thread know that I have a prayer request or two, so yeah. It's kinda rough right now, but I do also have a praise. For any of you who know anything about Band, I had Chair Auditions a week ago, after having prayed fervently about it, and yesterday found out that I got second chair, playing the first (and highest) part. My director said it was cause I was not only good, especially for a freshman, but also because I was ambitious. So yeah, now I actually have a shot at some solos, which I play in class anyway. Happy really doesn't cover it. Nervous might, though. XD
    Ah, another Georgian. Why is it that we have to state that we live in the American Georgia? Wait...yeah, it gets confusing. Especially when Russia invaded the country of Georgia and people in our county were like, we're being invaded by Russia?! XD

As for your band praise, congratulations. Our school is too small for a band, but I play the only instrument for literary competition (piano) and I'm the only player in our high school, so I have to compete each spring. I can understand how it feels to be nervous playing solo and such, but keep it up! God's given you a talent and you must use it to glorify him, and to do that, you must work hard at your playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Pachirisu View Post
    Well guys, I have a praise report. Ok, in the other club, I made a post asking people to PM because I needed to talk to some one. Just to get some things off of my chest. Well, just about a week ago, I was in a very bad car accident. A car ran a red light, and hit my friends car. (on the passengers side) I can't explain to you, how it happened, but ever since then, I have been paralyzed from the waist down. The doctor said I was lucky to be alive, but I would never be able to walk again. It was shocking to hear that for me. I just can't explain what I felt when I was told that. At first I was almost angry at God. But I realized, that God let this happen for a purpose. I repented, and went on with my life. Just yesterday, I stayed up all night, just praying and talking to God, until I just passed out from exhaustion. In the morning, I got a phone call from some man. And the only thing I heard was "Get up, and walk!" I didn't know what to think of it. I heard the voice again and it said the same thing. I don't even know what came over me, but I only closed my eyes for just a second, and when I opened my eyes, I was standing! I started to walk and run and I just got on my knees and just thanked God over and over again. I couldn't believe what had happened. One moment I was sitting in a wheel chair and unable to walk, and the next I was running! I went to see my doctor, and he said that I was perfectly healed! I called everyone I knew and told them about it. I can't thank God enough for what he did! I am going to give my testimony at my church on Sunday, but I will always be in debt to God. I can walk again and I can run again, and I owe it all to God.

But I also just want to thank everyone who prayed for me, and I want them to know, that they helped more than they know.
    That's amazing. A boy in my class had an accident on a four-wheeler nearly three years ago and was paralyzed from the waist down. We know he will never walk again and he is still in a wheelchair. Sometimes, people ask why God won't make him better, but I say that this is God's plan. It was also God's plan to grant you the ability to walk. I say you are very lucky. A week before the boy's accident, a girl in our class was killed in a four-wheeler accident, which hurt our class very much. But...I believe that was God's plan as well, because it brought our class closer together. We're a tight knit group now. I'm so glad you are okay.

I'm re-joining!

Pachirisu! Thats Great! I'm so happy for you! God works wonders!

Also, can you guys pray for my Great Grand Father, he is dying, and is not going to get out of the hospital (says the doctors) So yeah
    I'm back.

Thanks, Pikawho!

Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El
    Basically, a guy who wrote the song "Healer", which is about God being a healer, was walking around being sick and stuff, and then got "healed". But then it turned out he was faking. So they had to do a recall of all original releases of the album and DVD (which had his testimony) and remove it.
    I dunno, that's pretty ridiculous to recall all the albums and DVDs. If people still enjoy the song, that should be no reason to remove it. Did he write it based on his healing, or...? I guess that's the part I'm confused on. If so, then I can see why. I can see removing the testimony, but not the song.

Quote Originally Posted by chosen_one386
    Well, I'm going through even more rough times. My physics grade is dropping like a brick...and I'm trying to get number 1 in the class again this year...Somedays, I wish I wouldn't have to get out of bed. I'm always in a panic after a test (like today) and until I get my results, I can't stop thinking about the test. My faith has been tested through this. I'm starting to wonder if God is telling me I need to focus on something else other than getting top average. Then again, I've gotten it for the past five years, and valedictorian is coming up next year...so...I don't know what to think. I'm just mentally, emotionally, and physically tired.
    Eek, Physics. :x I don't know how stressful it is myself but I do have friends in it who are worried about it just as much as you. I freak out about tests and grades and everything, too, so I at least know what that's like. Honestly, though, I think you should give yourself a little break. It's great that you want to do so well but when it's harming you emotionally and physically...that's not good at all. The more you tire yourself out the less likely it is you'll finish out well, because you're so drained. I'm pretty sure God is trying to tell you to calm down, like you said. Who knows what He has store, but I'm sure whatever it is, it will be good for you. I'll keep you in my prayers, though. :] Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by DawgsFan247
    Aww, I hope things get better for you. :[ I'll definitely keep you in my prayers. Congrats, too!! That's a huge accomplishment, especially for a freshman.

Quote Originally Posted by Pachirisu

Pachirisu, wow. That's...amazing. I've heard miracle stories before, but none of them come close to yours. I'm really glad you're alright... I couldn't imagine having to live paralyzed like that. God must having something else in store for you. :0

Quote Originally Posted by Pokelover33
    Also, can you guys pray for my Great Grand Father, he is dying, and is not going to get out of the hospital (says the doctors) So yeah
    Sure, definitely. I'll pray for your family, too, since I know that [a family member dying] is one of the hardest things to go through.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Goth~
    do u still believe the bible crap?

people,move on...it's the 21st century
    Yes, we do believe in what you call the "bible crap." If you have any questions about Christianity and our beliefs, you should ask them maturely, but if you have nothing nice to say to us besides that, you should not be posting here. This is a place for Christians to talk with each other without being bashed by other members, though you obviously did not read the first page.
    Last edited by Chelc; 23rd November 2008 at 3:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Goth~ View Post

Yes we do believe the 'Crap' and we have reason to believe, how could Jesus' birth be foretold thousands of years before he was born? How could Jesus' body just be gone, and we have that on record that the body was gone.

I'm thinking we need a topic

Who's your favorite Christan Singer
    Cris Tomlin.
    Last edited by Pokelover33; 22nd November 2008 at 10:10 PM.
    I'm back.

Who's your favorite Christan Singer?

Duke Walker. He leads my youth group's band. ;P I really don't have a favorite singer, though....

As for trying out for the band, good luck. I tried getting on as a keyboardist but I got owned by my friend who is alot better at that kind of playing(I still own him in sight-reading and classical piano, though). But yeah, good luck.

That's amazing, Pachirisu. That'll make a great testimony. I agree with Chelc, that surpasses most of the stories I've heard. Just proves that God will bless those who trust in Him during the worst of times.

I'll be praying for the requests that have been put up. Also, could you guys be praying for me? I have to take the SAT December 6th. That should pretty much make obvious what I want prayer for. Just pray that God will help me to not get stressed and to trust in Him. Thanks. And if any of you have already taken the test, send me any tips that you have. Much help is wanted. lol

Pic by Giygas.

Pachirisu is offline <- He want da cookie

Who's your favorite Christian singer?

Toby Mac

Anyways, tonight I have to sing in a talent show my church is holding to raise money. I still don't know what to sing lol. I didn't want to enter in the first place, but my friends made me do it. The winner get's a 250$ prize though. The talent show isn't just for the church memebers only though. Anyone could enter if they wanted to. But i'm really nervous about it. But again, I want to thank everyone who prayed for me when I needed it.

Well, I gotta go now. Wish me luck!
    Quote Originally Posted by Faerie View Post
    Honestly, I think that the Auraholics went extinct in the anti-Auraholics' genocide. Now they're more like the monsters under the bed that everyone fears but never sees or hears.
    Little kids now have something other than the boogie monster to be afraid of.

The Johto starters in the anime sucked. If you agree copy and paste this in your sig. ~Started by Pachirisu~
    ~Credit goes to Ayra~

Awesome, I'm happy that this club was re-maid. I'm not so open to my love for Christ, I usually only say if people ask me, but I still love him more than anything or anyone. I will pray for anyone that asks, so Pokelover, your Grandfather is in my prayers. And yeah, I would like to rejoin, please. Good luck Pachirisu! And that miracle that happened is fantastic! I'm really happy for you!

I don't have a favorite Christian singer because I don't know any, I only like a few singers anyway.
    Last edited by starliteevee; 23rd November 2008 at 1:18 AM.

My fic, Drowning.
    Cye of the Torrent is my bishie.
    Credit to Sketchie of Coronet Designs

Yes, I am rejoining this club.

I don't really have a favorite Christian singer. But I do have a few Christian CDs (ones by The Swift and David Crowder Band). My area also happens to have a Christian music radio station.
    "The strongest Pokémon... Is this... the fulfillment of my dream?" --Dr. Fuji
    Brock: And I decided I want you to be my partner!
    Girl: What?!

May I join?

I'm a Christian. I was taught that Jesus is the real God and I think that all of the other religions {not to put any other religions down } don't really make much sense.
    I really dislike Athiest (or however you spell it) because I just can't imagine the world just being there without having someone create it.

Yeah, I beleive in that crap!
    Got a problem with that? ;]

Quote Originally Posted by Pikawho? View Post
    I'll be praying for the requests that have been put up. Also, could you guys be praying for me? I have to take the SAT December 6th. That should pretty much make obvious what I want prayer for. Just pray that God will help me to not get stressed and to trust in Him. Thanks. And if any of you have already taken the test, send me any tips that you have. Much help is wanted. lol
    I'm taking it that day, too. I've already taken the SAT once, back in October. Visit the collegeboard site for some good practice. It helps a lot.

^^How'd you do on the Essay?

And welcome Ashtyn. Answer any of the current topics or make your own!

I'll have a new topic thought of soon. I had one earlier but it flew away, as usual...>.>

Pic by Giygas.

Thankyou for letting me join!

I don't know, Evan though I'm a Christian, I don't listen to as much Christian music like I should.
    I'm more into Rap, Rock, and Hip-Hop. But still, for Christian music, I really like that group Cating Crowns.
    Their music is amazing!

Pikawho?, I did pretty well on the essay my first time. For one reviewer, I got 4/6 and for the other, I got a 5/6, making my essay score a 9 out of 12. I must say that God has given me a gift for writing and that I would have made even better if I had finished it. Time was called right smack in the middle of a sentence, so I probably got points counted off for that. My advice for the essay is to research essay topics on Collegeboard and other sites and to practice writing essays, especially with timing yourself. There are many SAT study guides out there, but the official study guide book by the Collegeboard is the best.

Like Ashtyn, I really don't listen to Christian music as much as I need to. I'm more of an Alt-rock and hard rock person. Still, I do love Josh Groban. His songs just hit home with me, I guess. They have made me cry in the past.

I've been looking in Proverbs lately...and there is some really good stuff in there. Perhaps we could start discussing individual verses from this amazing book? Today, I read Prov. 28:11: The rich man is wise in his own eyes, But the poor who has understanding searches him out. So, how do you guys see this verse? What exactly is it saying to you?

Ok. Thanks. I'll check out the site. Writing has always been a weakness for me so I'll definately need to study for that.

Hmm. Well, my pastor told me that in Proverbs we see three different kinds of people: the Wise, the Simple, and the Fool. He went on to say that the mocker/scoffer and those who are "wise in their own eyes" are worse than the fool. The Wise: Simply a man who follows God's commands. The Simple: One who's ignorant or indifferent about God's commands. The Fool: One who doesn't care about God's commands. That's pretty much how he explained it. Now, if we look at the verse in that sense, it says that a rich man is pretty much worse than a fool.

That's how I see it. What is it saying to me? IDK. Alot of the Proverbs are like this. Like having one thing and then a contrasting thing. So really all I can see is that it's stating that a rich man is worse than a fool and the poor has understanding. Not much else to say. Anyone else see something different?

And yeah, we should discuss individual verses from Proverbs. That's a good place to start.

Pic by Giygas.

OK, I know this isn't from Proverbs, but I've got a question. In the book of Revelations (the very last one(but you probably knew that)) it says: Revelations 1:7: Look, he is coming with the clouds, and every eye will see him, even those who pierced him; and all the peoples of the earth will mourn because of him. So shall it be! Amen.
    Does that include blind people? I asked my mom and she said she didn't know. I know this is probably a stupid question but I was wondering if anybody could answer it.

As for your verse, Chosen One, I'm not sure. It means to me that The man who is rich thinks he is smart and brilliant, ubt the man who is poor knows that he really isn't. I looked it up in my bible, and it was worded differently.

My fic, Drowning.
    Cye of the Torrent is my bishie.
    Credit to Sketchie of Coronet Designs

Page 1 of 155 123451151101 ... LastLast