Page 2 of 155 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Thread: SPPF Christian Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by starliteevee View Post
    OK, I know this isn't from Proverbs, but I've got a question. In the book of Revelations (the very last one(but you probably knew that)) it says: Revelations 1:7: Look, he is coming with the clouds, and every eye will see him, even those who pierced him; and all the peoples of the earth will mourn because of him. So shall it be! Amen.
    Does that include blind people?
    Yes it dose, Jesus can restore eye site, remember.

I'll be praying for everyone's requests.

Anyway, my sister is really ill, can you guys pray for her, she needs it.
    I'm back.

I'll be praying for your sister, Pokelover33. I hope God makes her well soon.

Yes, I believe that when Christ comes again, the blind will see him. Surely such a great site as that will be revealed to the blind.

There are a lot of verses like that in Proverbs and elsewhere in the Bible. If you think you are smart and brilliant and know everything, you are not wise at all, but if you know that you do not know everything, you are wiser than those who think they know everything. You also see that in other books as well. I believe other religious writings say things along that line.

Of course, God wants us to remember that we are only human, and we are imperfect and have unclean souls, and as long as we have those faults we do not have perfection.
    Pokelover I'll be praying for your sister and Great-Grandfather tonight.

My fic, Drowning.
    Cye of the Torrent is my bishie.
    Credit to Sketchie of Coronet Designs

Nothing that walked on this Earth is perfect, except for Jesus. And until he comes again, humans will continue to be like that.
    A proud member of:SPPf Christian Alliance

When I asked Jesus how much he loved me, he said "This much."
    Then he stretched out his arms...and died for me.

Click so they hatch and grow:

lol that's a hard question. I'll just go with what everyone else said and say, yes, the blind will see. But we don't really know for sure. When they do see again, it will be at that time so yeah.
    Pikawho: 5413 5779 3126 (Pt) / 4941 7679 5057 (SS) / 0474 5386 6385 (Pearl) / 2795 0047 2273 (Black) / 2148 8311 0090 (3DS)

Pic by Giygas.
    Owner of the ChristianAlliance

"Awake, my soul, give me eyes to see the King exalted, deserving and worthy. Awake, my soul, give me words to speak among the nations proclaiming Your glory.
    OH, HOW YOU'VE PROVEN THAT THERE IS NO ONE LIKE YOU! EVER FAITHFUL TO SUCH FAITHLESS MEN LIKE US!"
    Wolves at the Gate - Awaken

Who's your favorite Christian singer?

I like any, but I am rather fond of Brooke Fraser.
    SPPF Christian Alliance Club
    Paired with the spiggin' awesome Saya

PC Specs: AMD Athlon 64 X2 4800 (AM2 2.5 GHz) | NVIDIA GeForce GTX480 (1024MB PCI-E) | ASUS M4A78 PLUS | 4x 1 GB DDR2 667 | 320GB Seagate/80GB Hitachi SATA

"Though your sins are like scarlet, I will make them as white as snow."

Kal-El, watch the one liners, don't want the club to get closed.

I think my little sister is doing better. I got banned from the computer in my room because I was not doing 'school' things. Or 'Educational' things. What do they call going to the NHC's (national hurricane center)!?

Also, I think my sister is doing better. Thanks for everyone who prayed.
    I'm back.

Family Force 5, Relient K, Switchfoot. Yeah, all bands. I don't really listen to any solo Christian artists. ^^;

Quote Originally Posted by Pikawho?
    Also, could you guys be praying for me? I have to take the SAT December 6th. That should pretty much make obvious what I want prayer for. Just pray that God will help me to not get stressed and to trust in Him. Thanks. And if any of you have already taken the test, send me any tips that you have. Much help is wanted. lol
    Oh man, I hated taking the ACT three times. >> It's stressful, but when you feel great once it's all over. I know it's not the exact same as the SAT, but yeah, definitely similar. The best advice I can give you is just act like it's any old test you have to take. I mean, still treat it importantly, but when it comes down to it, it really is just a test. The less you freak out the better you'll do on it. :x The environment in which you take the test can really affect how well you do, too - so if it's going to be cold, wear a hoodie just in case. Get a lot of sleep and eat a good breakfast before you go, too. XD like chosen_one386 said, sign up for Collegeboard - they send really helpful newsletters all the time regarding the ACT, SAT, and planning for college. I'll definitely keep you in my prayers!

Quote Originally Posted by chosen_one386
    I've been looking in Proverbs lately...and there is some really good stuff in there. Perhaps we could start discussing individual verses from this amazing book? Today, I read Prov. 28:11: The rich man is wise in his own eyes, But the poor who has understanding searches him out. So, how do you guys see this verse? What exactly is it saying to you?
    I agree with starliteevee. A rich man may think he's totally amazing, but when it comes down to it, the poor man will ultimately have a greater knowledge and understanding of life.

Quote Originally Posted by starliteevee
    OK, I know this isn't from Proverbs, but I've got a question. In the book of Revelations (the very last one(but you probably knew that)) it says: Revelations 1:7: Look, he is coming with the clouds, and every eye will see him, even those who pierced him; and all the peoples of the earth will mourn because of him. So shall it be! Amen.
    Does that include blind people?
    Definitely. Like Pokelover33 said, Jesus can make the blind see again.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokelover33
    Anyway, my sister is really ill, can you guys pray for her, she needs it.
    Aww, I'm sorry. :[ How is your great grandfather doing, btw - the same, or have things changed? I'll continue to keep your family in my prayers.

Quote Originally Posted by Chelc View Post
    How is your great grandfather doing, btw - the same, or have things changed? I'll continue to keep your family in my prayers.
    His mind is going. He thought that there was a 13 year was taking care of him, and he did not reconise my great uncles (His son's) voice. Before that he thought that three people were running the hospital. Thanks for praying, please keep praying.

I'm still praying for everyones request!

--Yash
    I'm back.

Oh, that's sad, but I'll keep praying, and I'm happy your sister is doing better. Chelc, you like Reliant K too? Awesome! I hope you can go to church more often, I go every Sunday and it's very nice but I don't quite understand everything and I sometimes zone out.
    I don't really have any prayer requests, but my older brother is going to join the army, and I don't want him to end up like my other one, so if you could ask God to keep him safe that'd be nice.

My fic, Drowning.
    Cye of the Torrent is my bishie.
    Credit to Sketchie of Coronet Designs

Uh, wow. I'd like to sign back up to the Christian Alliance, if it can be allowed.

EDIT: Gah, forgot teh topix and one-liner rule.

Wavorly. It's actually a Christian Rock group, so I hope that still qualifies. I've been trying to find their CD, Conquering the Fear of Flight, in stores for some time...
    Last edited by grounder; 26th November 2008 at 4:09 AM.
    For what reason do we restrict our hearts so?

Toby Mac
    Aagh!! My friends and my sister are obsessed with him, too much, Made to Love x.x
    Fav Singer
    Um, I guess either Creed(are they considered Christian?), Jeremy Camp, or 33Miles 8D

You know Mewtwo eats your team alive!! Credit to Blue Ace~!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rad3n View Post
    CB Blissey Focus Punch Vs. 176 HP CB Tyranitar = 86-102%
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Ace View Post
    Pokemon is lame now.
    You best believe it foo!

hi! I'm a christian and i go to the salvation army (and sort of penocostal too) =D can i join?

oh and whoever said tobymac is officially my new best friend! *loves tobymac*
    [img]http://i41.*******.com/161xsaq.png[/img]
    Credit to HikariTajiri - Thank you very much!

Shadow disappeared off the face of the earth.

Paired with Sonic Boom, twins with Pearl's Perap

I've never seen this club turn anyone away, so you two are fine by me. But it's not official until Pikawho? approves you.
    A proud member of:SPPf Christian Alliance

When I asked Jesus how much he loved me, he said "This much."
    Then he stretched out his arms...and died for me.

Click so they hatch and grow:

Ah, finally, a Christian Club. Can I join?

I'm Catholic, and one of a minority in my country. Most of people in my country are Muslim. That kinda makes me proud, since... we're minority. ;D Although I'm like that, I still respect Atheist and Muslim though. :O

I've been gone to Church since I was a little kid, but now, I felt kinda lazy, since it's Sunday and my school ranges from Monday to Saturday, so, tired and busy.

Looking forward to meet more Christians in here. =] Hope I could also join!
    Last edited by Cassiel; 26th November 2008 at 12:53 PM.

i'm in shock e-electric shock!

{ twitter // tumblr // shop // credit to f(x) }

Welcome new people. Answer any of the current topics or make your own! =D And like Xtra said, you're pretty much in when you post.

^^^Finally? The alliance has been around for quite some time now....Glad you found it, though. And that's cool that you're still holding onto your faith even in a country where hardly anyone believes.
    Pikawho: 5413 5779 3126 (Pt) / 4941 7679 5057 (SS) / 0474 5386 6385 (Pearl) / 2795 0047 2273 (Black) / 2148 8311 0090 (3DS)

Pic by Giygas.

"Awake, my soul, give me eyes to see the King exalted, deserving and worthy. Awake, my soul, give me words to speak among the nations proclaiming Your glory.
    OH, HOW YOU'VE PROVEN THAT THERE IS NO ONE LIKE YOU! EVER FAITHFUL TO SUCH FAITHLESS MEN LIKE US!"

That's cool, Ruby Moon, I'm a Catholic too. I can't really think of a new topic or any way to answer the old one, sorry.

What country do you line in Ruby Moon? I'm glad you are holding onto your faith while respecting others' faiths as well. It's important to do so no matter what country you live in. In some countries, though, I understand how hard it is when dealing with religious lines.

Oh, this is wonderful! ^^ I'm a Baptist living in Louisiana in guess where? The Bible Belt. Well, for those who don't know, the Bible Belt is an area of parishes where we're known for being highly religious. I've gone to church since I was a baby. My family are strong Christians, and so am I.

I want to join this club because I have faith in the Lord and Jesus. I have faith in all those today, and from long ago in the Biblical times.
    [IMG]http://i26.*******.com/2v8sqap.gif[/IMG]

Never heard of the Bible Belt, but I have heard about the south having alot of Baptists. :P Welcome to the club. Answer the current topic or make your own!

Speaking of topics.....

New Topic: What are you most thankful for?

Thanksgiving is tomorrow(at least for the US) so this is a topic that'll help us get into that thankful mindset.

As for me, I'm thankful that I have a home to live in and food to eat and a country where I'm free to follow God etc.. What I'm most thankful for is that Jesus died for my sins so that I wouldn't have to. I'm sure we're all thankful for that.

And just for fun: Any fun family traditions that your family does on Thanksgiving?

My family doesn't really have anything. My siblings and I clean up the house(to make it look as if it's always neat and in order) and watch the parade. That's really all there is, besides fighting over who gets the turkey legs. lol

Pic by Giygas.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokelover33
    His mind is going. He thought that there was a 13 year was taking care of him, and he did not reconise my great uncles (His son's) voice. Before that he thought that three people were running the hospital. Thanks for praying, please keep praying.

I'm still praying for everyones request!

--Yash
    :[ I'm really sorry to hear that... I'll keep praying for him as well as the rest of your family. *hugs*

Quote Originally Posted by starliteevee
    Chelc, you like Reliant K too? Awesome! I hope you can go to church more often, I go every Sunday and it's very nice but I don't quite understand everything and I sometimes zone out.
    I don't really have any prayer requests, but my older brother is going to join the army, and I don't want him to end up like my other one, so if you could ask God to keep him safe that'd be nice.
    Yeah, I love them a lot. I wish they'd come out with a new CD, though. XD; Thanks! I hope so, too. I really miss my pastor's sermons. I feel like if I don't go to church, I'll end up having a terrible week, lol. It's usually the case, too. Call me ridiculous but it really motivates me to get things done and etc during the week. =<

Oh, wow. I'll pray for him. My cousin and her husband are going to Iraq soon, so I can kind of relate. 8(

Welcome to all the new members, too! :] It's great to have you guys here.

What are you most thankful for?
    My family is going through some really tough financial problems right now, so I'm just thankful to have a roof over my head. I'm thankful to have so many amazing people in my life, and a family that really cares about me, despite the problems we're having right now. I think it's brought us closer together. Of course, like Pikawho said, I'm thankful that Jesus died for my sins, too.

Traditions? We don't really have any, either. XD; Well, we do the wishbone thing, I guess, if that counts as a tradition. <<;

I believe in christ, But I have not been going to church because of home problems. I am trying not to lie, Because that is my strongest sin. I an thankful for the lord taking my place in my sins. i will try to go to curch more.

However, I do not know if i am deserving to join this club...

I have a question. Is sex before marriage considered a sin, or is it just against Cristian belief. Same with homosexuality?
    Last edited by Ri-Chan; 27th November 2008 at 3:30 AM.

Ah... let's see... I'm thankful for my mother being alive. She... almost died. But had an interesting story to tell.

She had a rare disease from smoking. And, so, the doctors were performing open-heart surgery. She told me she saw her mother and father. Gam (I call her that) appeared first. My mom said, "I have lived through so much pain. Please, can you take me with you?"

So Gam says, "I will ask God. If He says yes, then you can go."

So she disappears. One second later, Gam appears again.

"God says yes. But be warned: once you go, you can never come back."

So my mom says, "Thank you!"

Then, Grandpa appeared out of nowhere and yelled, "you stay there and finish your job!"

It was an incredible story, to say the least.
    [IMG]http://i26.*******.com/2v8sqap.gif[/IMG]

Hard one.
    ...My Mom, my grandmother, my grandfather, my sister, my uncle...my family, my friends, my life, Jesus. And more.
    I'm back.

Quote Originally Posted by chosen_one386 View Post
    What country do you line in Ruby Moon? I'm glad you are holding onto your faith while respecting others' faiths as well. It's important to do so no matter what country you live in. In some countries, though, I understand how hard it is when dealing with religious lines.
    I live in Indonesia, the biggest and most crowded Islamic country, although not all of the people here are Muslim though. Peoples in Bali are Hindu and we also have Protestant, Catholic, Buddha.

It's kinda hard though, but although we're kinda different, most of people here still respect us minorities. ;D

For even the smallest thing like getting a good score, and I'm very thankful that God helps me to solve family problems and personal problems.

....And having a great family. :'D

i'm in shock e-electric shock!

{ twitter // tumblr // shop // credit to f(x) }

Page 2 of 155 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast