Page 101 of 155 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111151 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,525 of 3856

Thread: SPPF Christian Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by Weez1990 View Post
    Erm...is it the Westboro Baptist Church?

If you're going to join again, then welcome

I have a prayer request. Tomorrow I'm going to the dentist. This wouldn't bother most people, but I have a severe dental phobia, and I start to shake and feel faint whenever I even think about it. I'm really scared about having something happen (even though the most that's ever happened to me is fillings)

Yes, laugh at me if you want DX
    I know it's a bit late, but I hope your appointment went well. Don't worry, I don't have a severe dental phobia, but I'm still really nervous going back after what happened last time...

Quote Originally Posted by Sulfron View Post
    Hello, everyone. Hopefully everyone is doing well. Welcome to all the new members! Well, I won't be able to spend as much time on here as I used to. I have a son now and my time will be very preoccupied. God is wonderful and always remember that God never gives you more than you can handle. I will keep you all in my prayers and pop in when I can.

Please keep my family in your prayers. If this new chapter of life has taught me anything, is that God has a plan for everyone, no matter if you are saved or not.

God loves you for who you are and he will allows be there for you no matter what, he will never leave you nor forsake you. Trust in the Lord with all your strength and do not lean on your own understanding. I pray to the Lord Almighty each day for the grace and wisdom to continue on with life and to bless me with the ability to take care of my family and help those around me. I love Lord Jesus Christ and God and I will always continue to do so.

Thank you to everyone for your prayers, my God bless you and keep you and my his face shine upon you and give you everything you need.
    I'll be praying for you!

Quote Originally Posted by SilverLugiaJ View Post
    Guys, can you please pray for my friend, Shelby Jasewicz. She is so lost, and believes in some "goddess" named venus. please pray for her
    I'll be praying for your friend as well.

Long time, no post. Didn't really have anything helpful to add to the recent discussions anyways. I'm glad to see that we've got some decent activity going on as well as new members and the return of an older one *air-high-fives Nemmeh*.

Anyways, since Salavoir is wrapping up his topic, I guess I'd better answer it myself.

How do I view this club?

Ever since I first joined, I've always seen it as a casual place to discuss Christianity and various aspects of it, disregarding religious background. While there are huge differences between denominations (Catholic vs Protestant, mainly), this club acts as a haven for the followers of Jesus Christ. Ultimately, the belief of Christ's atoning death and resurrection is what gives us right standing with God. The different inerpretations of His Word shouldn't affect our eternal salvation (don't quote me on this, as I don't believe this to be true in every case). This forum can get pretty hostile against Christians (debate forum, anyone?) so it's nice to have a place where we can have relaxed discussions of what we believe without people constantly attacking us.

In my early days here, I really liked to answer the topics. Thinking through my responses really helped me understand the different concepts/doctrine more (many things I posted were stuff that I had subconsciously picked up from my pastors so I shocked myself when I reviewed the post). I didn't spend nearly as much time in God's Word as I should have, so I found this club as a place to really think about what He has spoken to us. It really helped me grow in what I believe.

Nowadays, I don't have nearly as much time to post (other college students here would agree). When I do have the time, I've already been beaten to the topic and don't have anything significant to add. So while my HS years here were more for growth, lately I've just been (re-)learning from others and seeing how others use God's Word to interpret different situations. Salavoir's walls of texts definitely have helped me see certain things more clearly.

So that's my answer. Hopefully it makes sense and fully answers what you were looking for, Salavoir.
    Pikawho: 5413 5779 3126 (Pt) / 4941 7679 5057 (SS) / 0474 5386 6385 (Pearl) / 2795 0047 2273 (Black) / 2148 8311 0090 (3DS)

Pic by Giygas.
    Owner of the ChristianAlliance

"Awake, my soul, give me eyes to see the King exalted, deserving and worthy. Awake, my soul, give me words to speak among the nations proclaiming Your glory.
    OH, HOW YOU'VE PROVEN THAT THERE IS NO ONE LIKE YOU! EVER FAITHFUL TO SUCH FAITHLESS MEN LIKE US!"
    Wolves at the Gate - Awaken

I know it's a bit late, but I hope your appointment went well. Don't worry, I don't have a severe dental phobia, but I'm still really nervous going back after what happened last time...
    Thanks! It went well, the dentist just looked at my teeth and said I was fine. I'm really relieved
    ~If you have noticed this notice, you will notice this notice is not worth noticing~
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    My Platinum team
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    ♫ Nah nah, nah nah neh nah NAAAAAAAAH ♫ -best bit in the original Kanto trainer battle theme.

Quote Originally Posted by Salavoir55 View Post
    Fascinating. I assume that's in the greek too. I'll have to take a look at it sometime for myself.
    If it helps, he was using the King James Version.

Quote Originally Posted by Weez1990 View Post
    Thanks! It went well, the dentist just looked at my teeth and said I was fine. I'm really relieved
    That's great!

Prayer Request: The vet I work with recently lost her grandmother, while, at the same time, had to deal with some strained relationship troubles with her father (whose mother it was that died). The funeral is Saturday, but she started heading up to Virginia this afternoon. Please keep the Ford family in your prayers.

Hello everyone,

Thank you everyone for all your prayers, it's a huge step in life but it's great (and tough at the same time).

@Sulfron: I had no idea you were **that** much older than me. If I had known, I would have (consciously) treated you differently in my posts towards you or mentioning you. My apologies if I caused any offense towards you with respect to that (although I suppose that kind of apology is never limited to one aspect!). Fare well whatever happens! Best of Providence! =)

I'm not THAT old. lol You make me feel like I was around when King David was given birth by Jesse and his family. haha. You never treated me with disrespect so don't worry about it. Just call me Mr. Sulfron from now on.. lol Just kidding.

Here's a topic idea for you all. Something however, I don't have much knowledge of but would like to gain more in:

Jesus's parables and miracles. What is your favorite and why?

Honestly, the only one that I can remember is the parable about the son whom left his father, but after some time he came back to his father. His son that had always been with the father asked why a big feast was conducted for the returning son. I don't remember the answer, but I think the parable is about (at least how I understand it) is that a Christian or any denomination who has always been with the Lord is a blessing, but a Christian or any denomination that back slides but comes back to the Lord is a blessing as well, desiring of celebration. Hence the father's feast.

Like I said, that is what it means to me.
    I will not be on Serebii for a while....

I have completed my Pokemon Black National Dex. Thanks to everyone who have helped me!

Black- 1893 0588 1755

I just got back from Scream the Prayer Tour IV, an all-Christian heavy metal and metalcore concert with numerous bands. Every band there, whether I care for them or not, is incredibly devout in their faith, and it inspires me greatly. I had a blast, even though I only got to see two of the bands I wanted to. The last band I wanted to see was Sleeping Giant, and as I was in the merchandise room to get their new CD signed, three people were in front of me. These three guys are big, buff guys with a look that says "Don't mess with me." But that's beside the point. All three of them were saved right there, at the end of the band's performance. I could see in their eyes that something changed in them. It felt good to see these poor souls saved before my eyes, and to support my favorite bands by purchasing their CDs and seeing them live. Speaking to some of them was a true pleasure, as they all love their fans and God so much. God bless them all, and the people who were saved tonight, even the ones that I didn't know about.

Sleeping Giant's lead vocalist Tommy Green wrote this inspiring message in the booklet for their new CD:
    "Ian- KINGDOM- Romans 8:31- Don't follow the crowds- Just follow Christ! Thank you. Tommy"

I just got back from Scream the Prayer Tour IV, an all-Christian heavy metal and metalcore concert with numerous bands. Every band there, whether I care for them or not, is incredibly devout in their faith, and it inspires me greatly. I had a blast, even though I only got to see two of the bands I wanted to. The last band I wanted to see was Sleeping Giant, and as I was in the merchandise room to get their new CD signed, three people were in front of me. These three guys are big, buff guys with a look that says "Don't mess with me." But that's beside the point. All three of them were saved right there, at the end of the band's performance. I could see in their eyes that something changed in them. It felt good to see these poor souls saved before my eyes, and to support my favorite bands by purchasing their CDs and seeing them live. Speaking to some of them was a true pleasure, as they all love their fans and God so much. God bless them all, and the people who were saved tonight, even the ones that I didn't know about.

Sleeping Giant's lead vocalist Tommy Green wrote this inspiring message in the booklet for their new CD:
    "Ian- KINGDOM- Romans 8:31- Don't follow the crowds- Just follow Christ! Thank you. Tommy"
    That's nice to know. Thanks for sharing
    ~If you have noticed this notice, you will notice this notice is not worth noticing~
    My Platinum team
    ♫ Nah nah, nah nah neh nah NAAAAAAAAH ♫ -best bit in the original Kanto trainer battle theme.

Another cool sermon.
    Last edited by Salavoir55; 13th August 2011 at 9:10 PM.

Well I just had a wonderful vacation last week. I had you guys in my prayers and I'm adding the ones I missed now. I'd like to comment on every post but that'd take a week so I'll just toss out my favorite parable for now~

Not exactly a parable, but a lesson in humility. Luke 14:7-14 I really like it first of all because of the lesson, that we all should be humble. Also, Jesus has an incredible way of... I dunno, proving that we should be humble. I'm not sure how to word it, but His story is clear and it drives the point home.

The lost sheep is always a good one. Matthew 18:12-14 and Luke 15:4-6 I like this one because it makes me feel important, loved by God.

Finally, I love the story of the servants. Matthew 25:14-30 I'm not sure why I'm so enamored with this one, but I just really like. Maybe it inspires me to become a better servant for Jesus. *shrug*

On a final note, if anyone has insightful... insightfulness on the book of Ephesians, I would love to hear it. I've got a church retreat next weekend and this is the book our small group leader wants to work on. No idea why. Prayer request; I'm looking for colleges. It's rather frightening as I graduate next year.

Good commentaries ingeneral, (in general) I like Calvin and Matthew Henry. Calvin tends to be more exegetical and argumentive; Matthew Henry tends to be more practical (applying what is in the bible to life). You can also listen to some sermons on Ephesians (also, here's three sermons on parts of Ephesians from other preachers Ephesians 3:8, Ephesians 2:2-3, Ephesians 5:29-30).

There's also the Geneva Bible, which offers commentary by way of footnotes.

One helpful thing to keep in mind when reading Ephesians is that Colossians is quite similar to it, so it is a good idea to read the two together at some parts. Some interesting things to note is that the Ephesians also famously show up in the book of Acts (see Acts 19-20), and that Paul had declared the whole counsel of God to them. As was Paul's usual habit, Paul would go to the Jews first (who had the Scriptures) and then the Gentiles/Greeks, which may explain why Paul can quote Scripture or allude to it or to Scriptural ideas without referencing where he got it from (e.g., Paul quotes a psalm; Paul refers to the law; Paul refers to the Ten Commandments in Ephesians 6, etc.). It also is interesting that a form of the armor of God also appears in Isaiah 59:17ff.
    Last edited by Salavoir55; 13th August 2011 at 9:12 PM.

Here's a topic idea for you all. Something however, I don't have much knowledge of but would like to gain more in:

Jesus's parables and miracles. What is your favorite and why?

Honestly, the only one that I can remember is the parable about the son whom left his father, but after some time he came back to his father. His son that had always been with the father asked why a big feast was conducted for the returning son. I don't remember the answer, but I think the parable is about (at least how I understand it) is that a Christian or any denomination who has always been with the Lord is a blessing, but a Christian or any denomination that back slides but comes back to the Lord is a blessing as well, desiring of celebration. Hence the father's feast.

Like I said, that is what it means to me.
    The Prodigal Son parable is my favorite, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Salavoir55 View Post
    Yup, that helps!
    Awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Skillfulness View Post
    Prayer request; I'm looking for colleges. It's rather frightening as I graduate next year.
    Don't worry, it's not as frightening as it seems. I didn't even decide on which college to go to until the winter of my senior year! I'll be praying for you.

On the Parables: the Prodigal Son and the Good Samaritan are the only ones I'm familiar with, despite my readings of them for ideas for chapters. Unfortunately, I didn't intentionally use any Parables. But, however, I did unintentionally use the Good Samaritan as the first chapter in Ex Tenebris Luxus. And I do have a miracle or two planned out for the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Feraligatr View Post
    On the Parables: the Prodigal Son and the Good Samaritan are the only ones I'm familiar with, despite my readings of them for ideas for chapters. Unfortunately, I didn't intentionally use any Parables. But, however, I did unintentionally use the Good Samaritan as the first chapter in Ex Tenebris Luxus. And I do have a miracle or two planned out for the future.
    Is this the novel that you're working on?

Yes. One of them, anyways. Ex Tenebris Luxus is the one I've made the most progress on and talk about the most. I'm about half-way through part one, Fidem. The miracles I have planned are set to appear in the second book Schisma.

Hello fellow christians, I am Darth Revan....even though i am the awsomeest sith ever..i love jesus.

To dream the impossible dream, to fight the unbeatable foe
    To bear with unbearable sorrow. To run where the brave dare not go.
    To try when your arms are too weary. To reach the unreachable star!
    This is my quest! To follow that Star! No matter how hopeless, no matter how far
    To fight for the right, without question or pause, to be willing to march into hell for a heavenly cause!
    And The world will be better for this, that one man, scorned and covered with scars still strove to his last ounce of courage.
    To reach, that unreachable star!
    I have claimed Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney

I would like to join this group

Yes. One of them, anyways. Ex Tenebris Luxus is the one I've made the most progress on and talk about the most. I'm about half-way through part one, Fidem. The miracles I have planned are set to appear in the second book Schisma.
    Darth_Feraligatr, what kind of novels do you create? Novels about the bible?

I have completed my Pokemon Black National Dex. Thanks to everyone who have helped me!

Black- 1893 0588 1755

I write Christian fiction. Mind you, I haven't had anything published yet, but I have expressed interest in two self-publishing firms. Ex Tenebris Luxus is about finding faith and hope in a world that has absolutely none. It draws paralells from various events, past and present, personal and global, to tell an original story that, so far, has never received negative criticism from those few who have read it. I use a lot of Latin in it. I'm working on two other stories, but I've hardly done anything on them. One is an untitled Tolkein-esque high fantasy that I intend to break away from fantasy cliches (i.e. dwarves are bearded, grudgebearing, drunken Viking-like warriors with thick Scottish accents and have strong hatred for elves; orcs are simple-minded brutes that are pure evil, etc.), and to maintain the theory that all religions are the same (that is, we are all branches from the same truth) from a strictly Christian point of view. Understand that I don't believe in that theory, I simply decided to fictionalize it and keep it Christian-centered. The other story is an untitled hard science fiction. I don't work on it much mainly because of the fact that it's hard sci-fi; it gives me migranes just thinking about it. In its current stage, it details the wrongs of close-minded zeal and xenophobia/racism, and ignorance of the true enemy. Other than a basic theme and a primitive plot of basically what one would see if they scratched but the surface of Halo or StarCraft: a multi-sided war for survival with three main races (humans reminiscent of the Colonial Marines from Aliens, enigmatic zealots for aliens, and voracious bug-like things), I've done nothing. But like Halo and StarCraft, I intend to delve deeper into things, I just haven't put much thought into what, though. In the two untitled stories, before I even write the story itself, I intend on fleshing out backstory and lore.

EDIT: I also have a Star Wars fanfic that is on indefinate delay. It's just a short story and deals with the the fate of a character from one of the games. What is done has received overwhelmingly high praise from the folks at the Republic Commando section at LucasForums.
    Last edited by Dread Advocate; 11th July 2011 at 4:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Revan View Post
    Hello fellow christians, I am Darth Revan....even though i am the awsomeest sith ever..i love jesus.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ljbolser412 View Post
    I would like to join this group
    Welcome to you both!

I write Christian fiction. Mind you, I haven't had anything published yet, but I have expressed interest in two self-publishing firms. Ex Tenebris Luxus is about finding faith and hope in a world that has absolutely none. It draws paralells from various events, past and present, personal and global, to tell an original story that, so far, has never received negative criticism from those few who have read it. I use a lot of Latin in it. I'm working on two other stories, but I've hardly done anything on them. One is an untitled Tolkein-esque high fantasy that I intend to break away from fantasy cliches (i.e. dwarves are bearded, grudgebearing, drunken Viking-like warriors with thick Scottish accents and have strong hatred for elves; orcs are simple-minded brutes that are pure evil, etc.), and to maintain the theory that all religions are the same (that is, we are all branches from the same truth) from a strictly Christian point of view. Understand that I don't believe in that theory, I simply decided to fictionalize it and keep it Christian-centered. The other story is an untitled hard science fiction. I don't work on it much mainly because of the fact that it's hard sci-fi; it gives me migranes just thinking about it. In its current stage, it details the wrongs of close-minded zeal and xenophobia/racism, and ignorance of the true enemy. Other than a basic theme and a primitive plot of basically what one would see if they scratched but the surface of Halo or StarCraft: a multi-sided war for survival with three main races (humans reminiscent of the Colonial Marines from Aliens, enigmatic zealots for aliens, and voracious bug-like things), I've done nothing. But like Halo and StarCraft, I intend to delve deeper into things, I just haven't put much thought into what, though. In the two untitled stories, before I even write the story itself, I intend on fleshing out backstory and lore.

EDIT: I also have a Star Wars fanfic that is on indefinate delay. It's just a short story and deals with the the fate of a character from one of the games. What is done has received overwhelmingly high praise from the folks at the Republic Commando section at LucasForums.
    My only foray into Christian fiction (actually fanfiction) is my current Angels and Demons fanfic. Mind you, the original work wasn't Christian-oriented, but I'm writing it from a Christian point of view. Good luck in all of your writing escapades, and I hope you get published so that I can read your works!

How's it going everyone? Great I hope. Have any of you ever heard of Teen Challenge? Its a Christian organization that helps troubled teens with issues such as drug abuse and other issues. They have saved many teens and helped them to love and accept Jesus as their Lord and Savior. They usually appear at Walmart once in a while offering informational pamphlets about what they are about and how they help. I try to always donate to them because they help spread the word of God and ultimately save lost souls. Do you have organizations near you similar to this?

Black- 1893 0588 1755

How's it going everyone? Great I hope. Have any of you ever heard of Teen Challenge? Its a Christian organization that helps troubled teens with issues such as drug abuse and other issues. They have saved many teens and helped them to love and accept Jesus as their Lord and Savior. They usually appear at Walmart once in a while offering informational pamphlets about what they are about and how they help. I try to always donate to them because they help spread the word of God and ultimately save lost souls. Do you have organizations near you similar to this?

I've heard of Teen Challenge, but we don't have any organizations near us that are like it...

That's wonderful
    I'm out in the sticks- the only organisation I can think off of the top of my head that resembles that would be the Salvation Army.
    We do get a lot of Jehovah's Witnesses and Plymouth Brethren knocking on doors from time to time though.
    My Platinum team

Not to get too off topic but I'm heading off to our church's summer retreat of awesomeness tomorrow morning. Don't got much time to talk so just asking for you guys to pray for safety and see you all when I return!

Woahhh. Is it hard for you to find a church to go to?
    Yeah. We have Anglican, Roman Catholic, Baptist and Methodist churches in our little town. It can be a bit confusing sometimes
    My Platinum team

How is everyone this fine day. Well I go to a nice little church with about 100 people in it's small room, Actually more like 75 but it is nice. We have a awesome youth group and do a thing called Young Life. I haven't gone but it is a place where non-christians go for camp and it is run by christian teens, well it is helped by christian teens.

To dream the impossible dream, to fight the unbeatable foe
    To bear with unbearable sorrow. To run where the brave dare not go.
    To try when your arms are too weary. To reach the unreachable star!
    This is my quest! To follow that Star! No matter how hopeless, no matter how far
    To fight for the right, without question or pause, to be willing to march into hell for a heavenly cause!
    And The world will be better for this, that one man, scorned and covered with scars still strove to his last ounce of courage.
    To reach, that unreachable star!
    I have claimed Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney

Page 101 of 155 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111151 ... LastLast