Page 103 of 155 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107113153 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,575 of 3856

Thread: SPPF Christian Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by Sulfron View Post

If I am changing the topic too soon, then forgive me, but what turning point or special event caused you to accept Jesus into your heart?

PS. I guess it shows my age.. but I miss school. And I will keep everyone above who requested it, in my prayers. This may sound like an odd prayer, but could you all pray that my wife and I can start getting a good sleep? lol
    I was about eight-years-old when I accepted Jesus, so I don't really remember any particulars.

Totally. XD

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Feraligatr View Post
    I was unfortunately stuck in public school my entire school life. The schools I went to may as well have been Hell on Earth. From inadequate teachers to being bullied, I consider myself lucky to have gotten out of those cesspits alive. Espescially my high school, they are among the most hostile anti-Christian environments that I've been in. I felt most loved in band, especially marching band during the high school years. My freshman and sophomore years we even had a band chaplain, but he left for reasons that are still a complete conundrum to me. During every game and competition, before we would go on, we would always pray the Lord's Prayer. Junior year, the drummajor always asked me to bring a Bible out of my pocket for the prayer. So, aside from life outside the marching band, my life in public school was basically a fight-to-the-death cage match against a pride of hungry, rabid lions.
    If you went to a public school in Georgia, I can totally believe it was Hell on Earth.

Theoretically, aren't seniors in high school supposed to be the most mature class, aside from laziness caused by realization of the final year in school? If that's supposed to be the way things are, my class was an exception. Most people in my class whined like babies during graduation practice that it was hot and that they were going to get darker (which I'd rather have happen to me' instead I burn like a redhead). And my ex-girlfriend would, and still does, turn everything (note the extra emphasis) into a gigantic, immature, dramatic scene, thus being one of the reasons I broke up with her. There were freshmen and middle schoolers more mature and more aware of the world around them than my own peers, and it sickened me. Please tell me that that's the way most senior classes are, and not just mine.
    My class was like that to a much lesser extent, but Mom's described some of her senior class homerooms like that over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by Weez1990 View Post
    I have another topic for you guys. What is your opinion of evolution?
    As a student in the medical field, I have to come into contact with the theory of evolution very often in my classes. However, as someone stated before, I only believe in small-scale adaption to environs.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewm9 View Post
    may i join as the buble says do not lie

well thats actually i think the only one of the commandments anybody could do online anyway back to my point with lying i promise to never lie in this club EVER
    Welcome!

If I am changing the topic too soon, then forgive me, but what turning point or special event caused you to accept Jesus into your heart?
    I had always been something of a Christian flavored agnostic before, I believed that there was a God and that he had a Son who apparently died for our sins, and that was about the run of my understanding of who or what God was. I wasn't even sure I could pray to Jesus. That is to say, I wasn't sure that wouldn't be idolotry. However one day I was having bad thoughts about God, and though I'd never really prayed before, I asked him to make them stop... and the did. The came back later however... (And haven't ever really gone away since that time 4-5 years ago.) At one point the thoughts got so bad that I mistakenly thought I'd commited the unpardonable sin. ... It took me an hour and a half to screw up enough courage to pray and ask God if there was any redemption left for me. As it turns out, (Not surprisingly) There was. I went to bed that night, and when I woke up in the morning I immediately checked my youtube account for messages. Something that I've never done before or since. Someone I did't know sent me a video the basic message of the video: "Repent and be saved." I was... completely floored by that sequence of events. Fear of hell made me come to God and ask for forgiveness I admit, but it's grattitude for his mercy that compells me to obey. I can never convey just how touched I am, even to God for what he did for me. It bugs me a lot, lol. ^^;
    "Your Ad Here"

3DS FC:
    3711-7432-1694
    Safari Type: Water: Octillary| Wortortle | Azumarrill

Has anyone heard this song? It's kinda catchy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dz2LT...eature=related
    ~If you have noticed this notice, you will notice this notice is not worth noticing~
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    My Platinum team
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    ♫ Nah nah, nah nah neh nah NAAAAAAAAH ♫ -best bit in the original Kanto trainer battle theme.

^ Oh wow that was amazing! I love it!

Anyway, I'm back from camp everyone! My goodness it was so incredible as always and I'm really fired up to spend time with God each day until the end of days! I noticed the topic after I left was church size and... well... at this camp alone, we had about 1,300 high school students. Yeah... I don't even know how many adults go to the weekend services so yeah...

Sandblast was amazing! The church retreat we have each summer is so impactful and even more emotional. The lessons are so... I don't even have a word for it! They make so much sense and help against the war Satan wages. I can't wait for next year! I've got tons of new inside jokes but more importantly, a better understanding of what I need to change to be a better Christian.

The difference between growing Christians and stagnant ones is faith. Growing Christians put their trust in God, besides simply believing in Him. One good way of doing that is by spending time with Him. Soon you'll find yourself having more patience and kindness instead of being hasty and mean. The Fruits of the Spirit will follow while the fruits of the flesh will begin to be crucified. If you need me, I'll be spending time with my Savior who loves me!

~ Highlight Video:
    The best of our camp wrapped up in one awesome montage.

~ Worship Songs:
    Our God
    Rising
    All the Poor and Powerless (which we totally screwed up by coming in early on the last day XD *giggles*)
    Like an Avalanche
    Dancing Generation
    Chainbreaker
    We the Redeemed
    I Could Run Away
    Love Came Down
    Light Will Shine
    Last edited by Skillfulness; 20th July 2011 at 12:36 AM. Reason: Remembered more songs!

I'm back!
    Sorry I haven't been on in forever, but I got caught up in my own forum and everything.
    I went to Kingsfest from July 7-10, and it was an amazing trip. I'm just surprised I got so little sunburn. I don't go outside much, so I am very white. the first time I went to Kingsfest, I got second degree sunburn (which is with blisters) and it was terrible.
    [IMG]http://i31.*******.com/25ph6b6.png[/IMG]
    If you believe in Jesus Christ put this in your profile and don't just ignore this, because in the Bible it says, ‘If you deny me, I will deny you in front of my Father in the gates of Heaven.

I like the christian bands Newsboys, Skillet, and Red

To dream the impossible dream, to fight the unbeatable foe
    To bear with unbearable sorrow. To run where the brave dare not go.
    To try when your arms are too weary. To reach the unreachable star!
    This is my quest! To follow that Star! No matter how hopeless, no matter how far
    To fight for the right, without question or pause, to be willing to march into hell for a heavenly cause!
    And The world will be better for this, that one man, scorned and covered with scars still strove to his last ounce of courage.
    To reach, that unreachable star!
    I have claimed Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney

I would like to join

~

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Revan View Post
    I like the christian bands Newsboys, Skillet, and Red
    Newsboys are amazing, especially now that they've got Michael Tate.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadeAce View Post
    I would like to join
    Absolutely! Welcome to the SPPF Christian Alliance! ^_^

Sorry JesusFreak, but I gotta disagree about Michael Tate being the better lead singer for them. I love him in DC Talk, but I have to admit that I'm glad that Peter Furler is releasing his own songs.
    3DS FC:0533-4900-6084

Before you criticize someone walk a mile in thier shoes, that way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away, and you have thier shoes.

Shiny Expert: Xander
    After Xander loses the Unova League, he gets a mysterious call from Prof. Rowan saying that he must come back and see what he's found. Xander has no idea what's in store for him.

I don't consider Newsboys Newsboys anymore ever since they got Tait. Now, they sound an awful lot like Tait's eponymous, previous band, so I just consider the new Newsboys to be Tait.

While we're on the subject of music, every single band I listen to is some form of Christian rock. The majority of the 72-band long list falls under the umbrella term for metalcore, although there is some alternative rock, various lighter metals (mainly alt metal and nu metal), some grunge, and a litte punk. My absolute favorite band is Red, my fandom borderlining an unhealthy obsession.

Spoiler:- A complete list of my favorite bands in order alphabetical:

A few of the bands, mainly Anberlin, As I Lay Dying, and the Showdown might be considered iffy in terms of their label as a Christian band. But what I see are awesome bands with messages of handling world issues from a Christian point of view. A lot of the previously mentioned bands are like that and their faith isn't questioned by most, except for fundies and ignorant, aggressive non-Christians. One band, the Chariot, I have trouble believing their claims as a Christian band. All the respect I have for them is the fact that they're from Douglasville, GA (where I live). But I've seen them live, and their frontman Josh Scogin has stated multiple times that they live for live shows. They are insane, and not in the good way. Based on what I've seen and what they have stated about themselves, they seem to bask more in their fame than in God. Besides, and this is just me being picky, Scogin's harsh vocals aren't that good anyways (quite far from a joyful noise), I don't care for mathcore, and their song titles can be too long (look at their first CD).
    Last edited by Dread Advocate; 23rd August 2011 at 5:44 AM.

I agree with my fellow darth, I liked Newsboys bouncy and nice but now it's too serious

This is my quest! To follow that Star! No matter how hopeless, no matter how far
    To fight for the right, without question or pause, to be willing to march into hell for a heavenly cause!
    And The world will be better for this, that one man, scorned and covered with scars still strove to his last ounce of courage.

I love every Christian band. Below is a list of every band I have songs from.

Spoiler:- List:

Below is a list of bands that I want songs from that aren't listed above.
        Spoiler:- other list:
    [IMG]http://i31.*******.com/25ph6b6.png[/IMG]
    If you believe in Jesus Christ put this in your profile and don't just ignore this, because in the Bible it says, ‘If you deny me, I will deny you in front of my Father in the gates of Heaven.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadeAce View Post
    I would like to join
    Welcome!

I don't consider Newsboys Newsboys anymore ever since they got Tait. Now, they sound an awful lot like Tait's eponymous, previous band, so I just consider the new Newsboys to be Tait.

While we're on the subject of music, every single band I listen to is some form of Christian rock. The majority of the 67-band long list falls under the umbrella term for metalcore, although there is some alternative rock, various lighter metals (mainly alt metal and nu metal), some grunge, and a litte punk. My absolute favorite band is Red, my fandom borderlining an unhealthy obsession.

Spoiler:- A complete list of my favorite bands in order alphabetical:

A few of the bands, mainly Anberlin, As I Lay Dying, and the Showdown might be considered iffy in terms of their label as a Christian band. But what I see are awesome bands with messages of handling world issues from a Christian point of view. A lot of the previously mentioned bands are like that and their faith isn't questioned by most, except for fundies and ignorant, aggressive non-Christians. One band, the Chariot, I have trouble believing their claims as a Christian band. All the respect I have for them is the fact that they're from Douglasville, GA (where I live). But I've seen them live, and their frontman Josh Scogin has stated multiple times that they live for live shows. They are insane, and not in the good way. Based on what I've seen and what they have stated about themselves, they seem to bask more in their fame than in God. Besides, and this is just me being picky, Scogin's harsh vocals aren't that good anyways (quite far from a joyful noise), I don't care for mathcore, and their song titles can be too long (look at their first CD).
    On a sidenote, I'm from the Augusta area (CSRA which encompasses a bunch of counties in GA and SC) where Lady Antebellum is from. They're a country band, but I don't know if they can be called a Christian band. From some of their songs, I believe that they are Christian, but it isn't outright stated by any of them...

So I just had a super big, and I hate to use this phrase, brain blast for Ex Tenebris Luxus. And for more developement on this epiphany, I really need some major help. This plot point is by far the most important in the story, and is beyond one man alone. If anyone is willing to help, please VM or PM me. But be warned: by assisting me with this, you are practically spoiling some major points of the story for yourself. But you will receive a very extra special thanks in the acknowledgements in return.

EDIT: Sorry about the lack of further explanation earlier. Excitement and frustration got the best of me. Anyways, this is an awful lot, so bear with me.

Spoiler:- essentially a true spoiler:
    Last edited by Dread Advocate; 20th July 2011 at 5:53 PM.

So I just had a super big, and I hate to use this phrase, brain blast for Ex Tenebris Luxus. And for more developement on this epiphany, I really need some major help. This plot point is by far the most important in the story, and is beyond one man alone. If anyone is willing to help, please VM or PM me. But be warned: by assisting me with this, you are practically spoiling some major points of the story for yourself. But you will receive a very extra special thanks in the acknowledgements in return.

EDIT: Sorry about the lack of further explanation earlier. Excitement and frustration got the best of me. Anyways, this is an awful lot, so bear with me.

Spoiler:- essentially a true spoiler:
    I call it NPS (New Plotline Syndrome). I get it all the time. XD

Quote Originally Posted by Xman96 View Post
    Sorry JesusFreak, but I gotta disagree about Michael Tate being the better lead singer for them. I love him in DC Talk, but I have to admit that I'm glad that Peter Furler is releasing his own songs.
    Now now, I didn't say he was the better lead singer, but I really do like him. I like the way that under Michael Tate, Newsboys has sort of a DC Talk flare to it, and I'm a big DC Talk fan. But old Newboys is still awesome. I Am Free is still my favorite Newsboys song of all time.

But I think we can at least all agree that TobyMac is awesome.

I really like a lot of rocking Christian bands and artists, like Lincoln Brewster, Petra, DC Talk, MercyMe, Third Day, Will Goodwin, and a bunch of others. I don't think I have enough room to name all of them.

In regards to the evolution question. I feel the same way as most of you. I don't think a monkey can turn into a human, even though that is what I was repeatedly taught back in school. However, I feel as though God blessed us with the flexibility to adapt to our surrounds somewhat as needed. But again, not a complete transformation as many cellular scientists believe.

In regards to Christian bands, I just listen to what is on KLOVE usually. I don't really follow bands at all. I actually like music without lyrics better. lol I suppose out of all Christian music, I enjoy old school hymns the best. Or just simple piano praise to God. (I am not a big singer so that is probably why I don't like lyrics in my music.)
    I will not be on Serebii for a while....

I have completed my Pokemon Black National Dex. Thanks to everyone who have helped me!

Black- 1893 0588 1755

I love Tobymac...He is great. You don't get many christian rappers.

In regards to the evolution question. I feel the same way as most of you. I don't think a monkey can turn into a human....
    Actually, scientists are saying that monkeys, humans, gorillas, and other primates came from an ape-like creature, not that humans evolved from monkeys. I've seen evolutionists get up in arms over such a statement so I just wanted to give you heads up so you don't get angry messages, or have people fuss at you.

In regards to Christian bands, I just listen to what is on KLOVE usually. I don't really follow bands at all. I actually like music without lyrics better. lol I suppose out of all Christian music, I enjoy old school hymns the best. Or just simple piano praise to God. (I am not a big singer so that is probably why I don't like lyrics in my music.)
    NOOOOO!!!! You too have fallen prey to KLOVE's absorbative-ness?![/pyschotic rant] You sir, have good taste in music! Most of the music I play is hymns because they are easy to play. Many have great words, too.

Welcome to the Christian Alliance, ShadeAce! Glad to have you hear. May you grow in the grace and knowledge of the Lord Jesus Christ.

Neat story, Amphy! Thank you for sharing it with us. I was saved as young child. So young in fact, that I hardly remember it. But this much I do know: almost as far back as I can remember, I have been saved and I know that I am saved by the blood of Jesus Christ who is my personal savior. I have trusted in Him alone for my salvation.

Quote Originally Posted by Salavoir55 View Post
    I'd like to hear the ones that show that anything but a historical, literal understanding of those chapters of Genesis throws off the rest of the bible. (I realize this sentence sounds bad over the internet, but I don't mean it that way, and I do mean it quite sincerely)
    O.o What? What exactly are you asking to hear? Good speakers or bad ones? I'm confused @.@

Quote Originally Posted by jesusfreak94 View Post
    I have read those first two series. They're great books, probably the best fiction series I've ever read. I haven't read the third, though.
    Dude. You need to have me send you my list of authors. Those books are great fiction, but I don't think it's the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Cometstarlight View Post
    I know I was just saying that I thought it was really cool how he incorporated it all in there like that, that's all : )
    Actually, I would have to disagree. I don't think that Bryan Davis does a good job at incorporating spiritaual truths into the books.

BTW, I'm mad at Bryan Davis for writing the book Children of the Bard. He totally wrecks the good ending of the previous series. >=( [/rant]

Aaaaannnd...welcome back Lucario777777!!!WOOOOOO!!!!
    But all things that are exposed are made manifest by the light, for whatever makes manifest is light.
    Therefore He says: "Awake, you who sleep, Arise from the dead, And Christ will give you light."
    See then that you walk circumspectly, not as fools but as wise, redeeming the time, because the days are evil. (Ephesians 5:13-15)

Spoiler:- Friend Codes:

The evolution discussion is one that I know quite about because I love science, but evolution has never sat well with me because millions of years in the Bible. Then I found out that there are strong scientific indications that the earth is around 6,000 years old.
    3DS FC:0533-4900-6084

Before you criticize someone walk a mile in thier shoes, that way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away, and you have thier shoes.

Shiny Expert: Xander
    After Xander loses the Unova League, he gets a mysterious call from Prof. Rowan saying that he must come back and see what he's found. Xander has no idea what's in store for him.

So, I'm getting ready for my second year of college, so if I disappear between now and December, you know where I am. XD

Then I found out that there are strong scientific indications that the earth is around 6,000 years old.
    What indications? Could you give me sources? I don't doubt what you're saying, but I'm just interested in reading for myself

Thanks!
    ~If you have noticed this notice, you will notice this notice is not worth noticing~
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    My Platinum team
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    ♫ Nah nah, nah nah neh nah NAAAAAAAAH ♫ -best bit in the original Kanto trainer battle theme.

My favorite bands are Hillsong, TobyMac, and others various ones played endlessly on KLove. Some specific artists include Brandon Grissom, Charlie Hall, and Kim Walker. Yup, good stuff, good stuff...

If anyone's interested, I've started a rather relgious RPG in the RPG Sign-ups section in hopes of spreading good intentions and belief. Either pray it goes well or join yourself- please.

Um, I have a prayer request you guys.

I would like for you all to pray to God to help me and my dad stop smoking. I want to quit, it is just so hard, since it is the only thing that helps me sleep and helps with my nerves. I don't want to die of lung cancer. Smoking soothes me, but I know I should quit.
    I will be on here very, very rarely. The account is not dead, per se, but I will not be on often. This has become a den of hatred, hostility, and anger. It is not the SPPF it was when I joined, and I really dislike coming here. To those of you who were nice to me and were my friend, thank you. Goodbye.
    3DS FC: 1950 7837 2016
    Name: Nicole
    Electric Friend Safari. Pokemon: Dedenne, Pikachu, Manectric
    Before you try to act superior to someone else on here, remember that no matter how much of an "internet cool-guy" you think you are, this is a Pokemon forum.

Originally Posted by Nemmeh
    I would like for you all to pray to God to help me and my dad stop smoking. I want to quit, it is just so hard, since it is the only thing that helps me sleep and helps with my nerves. I don't want to die of lung cancer. Smoking soothes me, but I know I should quit.
    You got it. What my dad did to quit smoking was chew mint-flavored gum and eat the fireball candies. Try it and see if it works.

Page 103 of 155 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107113153 ... LastLast