Page 104 of 155 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108114154 ... LastLast
Results 2,576 to 2,600 of 3856

Thread: SPPF Christian Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmeh View Post
    Um, I have a prayer request you guys.

I would like for you all to pray to God to help me and my dad stop smoking. I want to quit, it is just so hard, since it is the only thing that helps me sleep and helps with my nerves. I don't want to die of lung cancer. Smoking soothes me, but I know I should quit.
    I'll be praying for you. None of my close relatives smoke, but my roommate does. However, she's not as determined as you are to quit smoking.

I would like for you all to pray to God to help me and my dad stop smoking. I want to quit, it is just so hard, since it is the only thing that helps me sleep and helps with my nerves. I don't want to die of lung cancer. Smoking soothes me, but I know I should quit.
    I'll pray for you. If you do manage to give it up, I'm sure it's a decision you won't regret.
    ~If you have noticed this notice, you will notice this notice is not worth noticing~
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    My Platinum team
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    ♫ Nah nah, nah nah neh nah NAAAAAAAAH ♫ -best bit in the original Kanto trainer battle theme.

You got my prayers! Good job wanting to stop!

Smoking is a tough habit to stop. Both my grandmothers stopped, but I am praying that my mom and brother quit too. They have the worst cough in the world. I will pray for you and your dad to stop quitting smoking. Best of luck and blessings to you!
    I will not be on Serebii for a while....

I have completed my Pokemon Black National Dex. Thanks to everyone who have helped me!

Black- 1893 0588 1755

I've pretty much solved the plot block for Ex Tenebris Luxus. Thank you so much Sulfron, chosen_one386, and Darth Revan. I may not have gotten past that block without you three. I'll keep everyone updated on the status of the story as it goes. Know that yesterday at about 3:30 in the morning I finished chapter 16. Again, thanks for the help. Benedicat

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Feraligatr View Post
    I've pretty much solved the plot block for Ex Tenebris Luxus. Thank you so much Sulfron, chosen_one386, and Darth Revan. I may not have gotten past that block without you three. I'll keep everyone updated on the status of the story as it goes. Know that yesterday at about 3:30 in the morning I finished chapter 16. Again, thanks for the help. Benedicat
    You're welcome! I was glad I could help.

Found out recently the terrorist (I consider him a terrorist at least) in Norway isn't actually a conservative OR a christian. Someone hacked his Facebook profile to make him look like one. All the lies in the MSM about him posting on Christian websites and whatnot are false.

P.S. Be sure to pray for the victims' families and their friends
    Platinum FC: 3438 9213 7612
    White FC: 5372 3970 3594
    Black2 FC: 2280 4478 7008
    Xbox Live Gamertag: Homsar135

@ChuckNorris:
    That's horrible to hear. I've not caught anything in the news about it. I'll be sure to keep the victims in my prayers.

So, the other night I couldn't sleep so I got on the roof of the garage. It's nice out there at night. I laid back and looked up at the sky. I have to say, the works of our Lord are amazing. I was awestruck and humbled by it--I am every time. All the stars, the moon. Even the things here on Earth; the crickets chriping their twilight-song, the cool night air, the rustling of the leaves and my kitty friend purring next to me. I see it all, and I just can't understand how Aethists don't believe in God. The evidence is everywhere. It is like they are blind. God made all this beauty and wonder just for us. Astounding when you think about it. I said "You did well, Lord. All this--the stars, the moon, everything. It is all so beautiful. Thank you, Lord." (I didn't do it in a prayer. Sometimes I am unsure if God hears when you just say things like that to Him or if you have to pray. Anyone know?)

Sorry about the rant. My medication has made me a little floaty.
    I will be on here very, very rarely. The account is not dead, per se, but I will not be on often. This has become a den of hatred, hostility, and anger. It is not the SPPF it was when I joined, and I really dislike coming here. To those of you who were nice to me and were my friend, thank you. Goodbye.
    3DS FC: 1950 7837 2016
    Name: Nicole
    Electric Friend Safari. Pokemon: Dedenne, Pikachu, Manectric
    Before you try to act superior to someone else on here, remember that no matter how much of an "internet cool-guy" you think you are, this is a Pokemon forum.

No way! That was a great rant. I did the same thing today on a bike ride. I thought about the intricate design of the fragile bodies of a butterfly. There were tons of different flowers, some the same species, but all different in the most amazing ways. How we create order by chopping hedges, yet the natural chaos of nature is beautiful in itself. We pot plants to keep for ourselves because of how enamored we are with God's creation. Tall majestic trees, small flighty birds: it's all a fantastic show of God's great power! I plan on spending much more time with God this upcoming week because I could use it and boy does He deserve it. As one of my friends put it, "Following God isn't based on a feeling. It's simply about being faithful to him as he has been to us. You may not feel like following God one day because you don't feel his spirit, and that's understandable. But why is it that even in our failures and losses God can remain faithful to us? Yet we can't do the same. Have a little faith." [/rant]

Umm... about the prayer thing. I don't really know, but here's my opinion~ God knows everything we're going to say, if it's by our mind and spirit or literally out our mouth. Sometimes I can't process what I'm trying to say and just kinda make sounds or feel what I'm saying to God. It's a little strange, but I think God knows when you're talking to Him and when you aren't. He is all-knowing. Oh yeah, and praying for y'all!

Found out recently the terrorist (I consider him a terrorist at least) in Norway isn't actually a conservative OR a christian. Someone hacked his Facebook profile to make him look like one. All the lies in the MSM about him posting on Christian websites and whatnot are false.
    I don't believe that anyone who comitted the atrocities that he has could ever claim that they really know and believe in Jesus Christ.
    In other words, if he was a true Christian, he wouldn't have done those things. Unless perhaps he was mentally unstable.

I am glad he hasn't labelled himself a Christian however, because the media tends to tar everyone with the same brush.
    Last edited by Weez1990; 24th July 2011 at 11:55 PM.
    ~If you have noticed this notice, you will notice this notice is not worth noticing~
    My Platinum team
    ♫ Nah nah, nah nah neh nah NAAAAAAAAH ♫ -best bit in the original Kanto trainer battle theme.

I have never heard of that Norway issue. Hopefully that person can rebuild his ruined reputation. It's terrible that people will hack into other people's systems and complete ruin everything ruin everything around them. I will have to keep him in prayer.

About God's creations, I see it in my baby's face. No one but God can allow women to give birth they way they do. Little miracles that live, breath and make noise. A little tiny person, it's absolutely amazing.

God works in mysterious ways and has a plan for us all. Like my pastor said today, Jesus and God love you so much that Jesus left the throne to come down and die on the cross for us all (and then beat sin and the devil by his resurrection). I pray that someday I can love with such strength and force as Jesus and God does. I have tons of love to give my family, but not as much as God does.

And you are very welcome Darth_Feraligatr. I tried to help as best I could...

I have completed my Pokemon Black National Dex. Thanks to everyone who have helped me!

Black- 1893 0588 1755

Got back 3 days ago from Camp Electric, a christian contemporary music camp. Google it. It was the best week I've ever had, for reals. I flew down there and back by myself like a bossaru without running into too many problems (although one of my planes was delayed on the return flight causing me to miss the next one by less than a minute :/.) There were rock concerts every day with bands like TobyMac, Royal Tailor, Kutless, Sanctus Real, Thousand Foot Krutch, Disciple, etc. One of the coolest parts was that the instrumental classes were taught by members of these (and many more) bands. They stayed on campus and hung around with kids, even eating lunch with them, playing frisbee, et cetera. Another fun thing was how everyone would just jam out on campus wherever/whenever they felt like it. A couple dozen other kids (drummers, guitarists, singers, keyboardists) and I started a thing where we just play the same chord progression ad infinitum and singing a series of songs over it in a giant hours-long ad-libbed medley of ownage. We sang pretty much every worship standard (and for that matter, every popular secular song) in existence, it was great fun. Everyone there is totally crazy in a fun way, making for incessant hilarity. I'd just like to express my thanks to God for sending me to this place for my second year and allowing me to make the flights down to Nashville and back without getting stuck anywhere for too horribly long.

TLDR: Went to music camp. 'Twas awesomesauce times infinity, praise the LORD.

NOTICE: Above White FC is no longer valid. FC is now 0562-2001-5885.

Awesome pic by xPrincessAmanda.

John 3:36, John 3:16, Romans 6:23, Romans 3:23, Romans 5:8, John 14:6, Ephesians 2:8-9, Acts 3:19
    Join the Serebii Christian Alliance - http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=368080

Anyway, my main reason for posting is to announce my resignation from this club. I have various reasons for leaving, one of them being that you all have what you need now (2 co-owners + 1 owner) and that I am very short on time now, but none of the reasons have to do with personal problems with anyone or anything like that. I will be leaving Sppf at this time too. You might still catch me online or recently active for some reason, and I will probably be editing a bunch of my posts and clearing out all VMs/PMs, but I've set my PMs to give me email notifications so that for whatever mad reason anyone at Sppf wishes to contact me, anyone still can. (VMs do not send email notifications)

Before I leave this club, I might make a couple of clarifications to earlier posts I made throughout the club because I know a whole lot more now than when I first posted them. I don't have time to make them at this moment as I type up this post, but they might be coming in the near future. However, I don't plan on responding in this club to anything else in this club, so you can consider this my last post, though my real last post might be a few days and a post or two away still. Bye all! =)
    Sorry that you're leaving. I enjoyed your posts. You're definitely one of the smartest Christians I've met on the web.
    Thanks for everything you've contributed and God bless
    My Platinum team

I would like to once again greet all my brothers and sisters in Christ! I hope you all have been doing well. The summer has been winding down, school is gonna start back up again, and as for me work must be coming to an end since it's only seasonal employment.

That being said, just to give an update on what I've been up to, these past four days, I traveled to the Southside Church of Christ in Rodgersville, Alabama this past weekend. My church's singing group has made the trip for a couple years now to learn from the singing groups down there. It was such a great trip! We learned so much about why we should sing, give praise to God, it was amazing...

I have to say, that the Southside Church of Christ down there in Alabama has one of the BEST Acapella music ministries I've EVER witnessed...It's so emotional, soulful, and passionate, and all for the lord...I can't put it into words, but I guess I'll just touch on it later on...but I just wanted to share that with you all.

Hey, everyone. I would like to join! I have been a Christian for a long time now and would like to engage in conversation with people like me during my mindless time at the computer. xD Sign me up!

Hey, GreenMonkey, what's up?
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Credit goes to FairyWitch at Flower Paradise Graphics

Fanfic Status: Currently postponed-- Kingdom Hearts: Memories' Reflection. Last updated 8/17/13

Oh, just chillin around the house. Going to Universal Studios on Wednesday! That will be fun. Is this where Christians talk about random stuff or about their beliefs? Or both?
    Anyway...

I need some prayers for my Grandpa. He has skin cancer and is going through a rough time. Thanks.

We will be praying for your grandpa

To dream the impossible dream, to fight the unbeatable foe
    To bear with unbearable sorrow. To run where the brave dare not go.
    To try when your arms are too weary. To reach the unreachable star!
    This is my quest! To follow that Star! No matter how hopeless, no matter how far
    To fight for the right, without question or pause, to be willing to march into hell for a heavenly cause!
    And The world will be better for this, that one man, scorned and covered with scars still strove to his last ounce of courage.
    To reach, that unreachable star!
    I have claimed Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney

Thanks a ton! I'm sure this will work miracles.

Quote Originally Posted by GREENMONKEYDUMP View Post
    Hey, everyone. I would like to join! I have been a Christian for a long time now and would like to engage in conversation with people like me during my mindless time at the computer. xD Sign me up!
    Absolutely! Welcome to the Christian Alliance! Feel free to engage in any of the current discussion. There's not really a specific discussion topic going around right now. We're just talking about Jesus and loving it! ^_^

@ASB: I'm glad you enjoyed the camp! I was very close to going to that same camp a little while back, but was unable to. It sounds like it was a lot of fun!

@Salavoir: Man, it's really sad to see you go. You were one of the most knowledgeable Christians I've ever met, and your posts here were the most informative of all. I salute you, Salavoir.

Oh, just chillin around the house. Going to Universal Studios on Wednesday! That will be fun. Is this where Christians talk about random stuff or about their beliefs? Or both?
    Anyway...

I need some prayers for my Grandpa. He has skin cancer and is going through a rough time. Thanks.
    That's rough. My mom has skin cancer really bad herself. We get rid of one, and two more pop up in its place. I've got a bit of a skin-cancer scare myself.

I'll keep your grandpa in my prayers, dude.
    I will be on here very, very rarely. The account is not dead, per se, but I will not be on often. This has become a den of hatred, hostility, and anger. It is not the SPPF it was when I joined, and I really dislike coming here. To those of you who were nice to me and were my friend, thank you. Goodbye.
    3DS FC: 1950 7837 2016
    Name: Nicole
    Electric Friend Safari. Pokemon: Dedenne, Pikachu, Manectric
    Before you try to act superior to someone else on here, remember that no matter how much of an "internet cool-guy" you think you are, this is a Pokemon forum.

Anyway...

My grandmother had skin cancer, so I will definitely be praying for you.

Salavoir, it's sad to see you go. Your knowledge and thirst for it is great and I pray that God works wonders in your life forevermore. Thanks for the information and your point of view of topics and verses. Take care always and God bless you!

ABS, I am glad you enjoyed yourself during your trip. It sounds like a great time. A lot of people within this club seem to take trips like this and really like it. God works in great ways!

I will keep all your families in my prayers in regards to the skin cancer. Please keep my grandfather in your prayers, he had a small stroke this morning. He has been close to me ever since I was born. I must be strong and I have this feeling that God will bless his life and heal him but prayers would be greatly appreciated.

Sometimes life feels very difficult, but we have to rely on God for everything and cling close Jesus as much as possible.

Black- 1893 0588 1755

Thanks everyone for all your prayers and support. I will be praying for you guys as well!

Anyway, news for me. Going to Universal Studios with Dad and my Uncle tomorrow! Will probably be there around noon to tame the Incredible Hulk roller coaster and a bunch of water rides! WOOT!

Quote Originally Posted by Sulfron View Post
    Salavoir, it's sad to see you go. Your knowledge and thirst for it is great and I pray that God works wonders in your life forevermore. Thanks for the information and your point of view of topics and verses. Take care always and God bless you!

ABS, I am glad you enjoyed yourself during your trip. It sounds like a great time. A lot of people within this club seem to take trips like this and really like it. God works in great ways!

I will keep all your families in my prayers in regards to the skin cancer. Please keep my grandfather in your prayers, he had a small stroke this morning. He has been close to me ever since I was born. I must be strong and I have this feeling that God will bless his life and heal him but prayers would be greatly appreciated.

Sometimes life feels very difficult, but we have to rely on God for everything and cling close Jesus as much as possible.
    I'll be praying.

Thanks everyone for all your prayers and support. I will be praying for you guys as well!

Anyway, news for me. Going to Universal Studios with Dad and my Uncle tomorrow! Will probably be there around noon to tame the Incredible Hulk roller coaster and a bunch of water rides! WOOT!
    So lucky! I haven't gone on a vacation yet this year.

Page 104 of 155 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108114154 ... LastLast