Page 13 of 155 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363113 ... LastLast

Thread: SPPF Christian Alliance

Yeah, we need a new topic now, but sometimes it is hard for me to drop the debates. I like to express my viewpoint. So, I just pm'ed pokeJustice.

I have a generic topic: Has anyone reserved Platinum version?
    I did saturday at GameStop. I paid for 15 dollars worth, and when it come out I can pay for the rest.

How do you guys feel about doing a battle tournament for this club?
    Last edited by crobatman; 12th January 2009 at 6:09 PM.
    About to do an X Scramble Challenge!!!
    Let me know if you would like to trade or battle!
    3DS Friend Code: 1779-0043-7163
    Name on 3DS: BT

Has anyone reserved Platinum version?

I do not see the point of getting Platinum seeing how it is basically DP with extras. By the way, I think they should have included the Battle Frontier in DP.

That would be pretty cool. I probably would not participate seeing how I have not played Pearl for a long time (not to mention the fact that none of my Pokemon are at level 100).
    "The strongest Pokémon... Is this... the fulfillment of my dream?" --Dr. Fuji
    Brock: And I decided I want you to be my partner!
    Girl: What?!

Kanto, none of your pokemon actually need to be lvl 100. On wifi, you can set them to level 100.
    Diamond FC:3995 9252 6765
    The Masked Marauder
    The Fiery Thief.
    Credit to raox on deviantart, and Yoshifan22 for editing it

Quote Originally Posted by Piekid11
    There are three types of people in this world. People that can count, and people that can't.

Lol, i am getting platinum because I am tired of starting over my diamond version. It is ridiculous that I play it over and over again, but I am addicted to it.
    What is funny, is that I should not have told this one kid at church that I play pokemon because he keeps asking me everything about it. It gets a little embarassing.

Yeah, I just thought it could be something else to do. I am working on a team.

Lol, I'm sorry Crobat... Same thing happened to me. x( I hate it. I'm getting Platinum for the Battle Frontier, and Move tutors.
    Diamond FC:3995 9252 6765
    The Masked Marauder
    The Fiery Thief.
    Credit to raox on deviantart, and Yoshifan22 for editing it

Quote Originally Posted by Piekid11
    There are three types of people in this world. People that can count, and people that can't.

same with me Im playing diamond over and over none stop.

Btw I just came back from my youth groups Tuscarora winter retreat, it was awesome. And it was cold.....

but anyways hey guys =)
    My current team:
    Wii #: 2951-6706-5302-9526
    Brawl FC: 5456-6821-0801
    Platinum FC 4125-0920-4478
    Metroid Prime Hunters FC: 1506 2260 0597
    GoldenEye007FC: 0955 2589 8524
    Pokemon HeartGold: 2923 1387 6224
    Pokemon White:3267 4378 6740-This may change in the future
    Playstation Network Name: Blueknight9000
    [If youve added me to any of these please let me know in a pm]

"There is some comfort in the emptiness of the sea, no past, no future." -Algren ~("The Last Samurai" 2003)

I haven't yet. I hope to. Didn't know you could start reserving for it...>.>

I thought we tried one of these once then it died...but if you or someone wants to organize it, I'd be all for it. =D

New Topic: What are your thoughts about the end times, the antichrist, etc.?

Last Thursday my pastor talked to our group about this. I have stuff to say, but I want to hear from you guys first.
    Pikawho: 5413 5779 3126 (Pt) / 4941 7679 5057 (SS) / 0474 5386 6385 (Pearl) / 2795 0047 2273 (Black) / 2148 8311 0090 (3DS)

Pic by Giygas.
    Owner of the ChristianAlliance

"Awake, my soul, give me eyes to see the King exalted, deserving and worthy. Awake, my soul, give me words to speak among the nations proclaiming Your glory.
    OH, HOW YOU'VE PROVEN THAT THERE IS NO ONE LIKE YOU! EVER FAITHFUL TO SUCH FAITHLESS MEN LIKE US!"
    Wolves at the Gate - Awaken

What are your thoughts about the end times, the antichrist, etc.?
    Well, I can not think of any specific thoughts. However, I know some people who worry so much about the end times. Jesus is going to take care of us.

battle tournament
    I think we have tried it before, but I'll try to organize another one. If anyone wants to help me with rules pm me.

I tend to not worry about it, because, although the History channel has been advertising a program announcing evidence that the world will end in 2012, the Bible explicitly states that, in the Book of Revelation, no man shall know when Christ will come. And, since any presumed dates are in violation of that prophecy, the only days we know for sure that Jesus isn't coming on are dates that they make History Channel programs about. Kind of funny, actually.

Quote Originally Posted by celebitrainer View Post
    Truthfully, I am one of the ones who helped drive Pokejustice out of the G/L Alliance with the most valid posts and responses. My mom has been to law school and used to be a lawyer, so I seem to have inheirited her negotiating and debating skills.
    Maybe so, but I left of my own accord. You didn't "drive me out." I didn't even remember seeing a post of yours. Pokewho, you asked why I went? To join as a supporter; maybe stem the tide of hate PMs I have been getting. I am not a supporter of homosexuality or of sodomy of any kind, but I am against homophobia, so, in that respect, I stand with gays. I did not denounce them, ask them to change, or do anything terrible, I said that I didn't believe homosexuality was genetic or something unavoidable, which apparently was fighting words.

Oh, a topic I'm very well versed in (6 page Junior term paper).

I believe that the biblical prophesies will come to pass literally - the 28 Judgments (7 seals, 7 trumpets, 7 thunders, 7 bowls), the antichrist controlling the entire planet, the mark of the beast, etc.

Even though the Bible say that "no one knows the day or the hour," I believe that we can know the season of Christ's return, which is in the time period we are in know. The exact date though, only God knows.

I believe that the mark of the beast is going to be the bio chip implants, but no one knows for certain what form it'll take.

I'm not concerned about the end times for my own sake, as I'm certain I'll go in the rapture, in the event I haven't passed on by then. I'm mainly concerned about my friends and family members that will be left behind to face the Tribulation if they don't get saved.

I haven't visited the Clubs forum in a while...again. I've been pretty lazy when it comes to posting lately. I hope you guys are having a great new year so far!

Not me. I don't have a DS, thanks to my brother. 8\

Like I said, I don't have a DS, so...yeah. It'd be cool if the rest of you guys had one, though.

IA with crobatman. We're all taken care of. I won't lie, though - I do worry about it sometimes. Right now, though, nope. I'm really excited to graduate high school and for college. :]
    Currently a little busy. I'll respond to all messages when I can.

Has anyone preorderred Platinum yet?
    I've preorderred two of them. I fully paid for it all at once in cash, and I would have put a deposit on the manual if the option had been available. I intend to add a preorder deposit for the manual as soon as possible.
    Bring it on! I am an expert in all types of pokemon battles and am quite pugnacious in the games. Let's get ready to RUMBLE!!
    FCs: 1564-3330-7308 (X) and 0361-6238-7128 (Y)
    Friend safari types: Fairy and Rock, respectively. PM me with your FC if you add me.

i kind of have a question but if you do not think it is appropriate then judt don't bother. why does nudity bother some christians when we were created in god's image? i believe that nobody should be ashaimed by nudity at all, when god came to talk with the prophet isaiah and told him to take off everything. the sackclothe,sandals and all. he then went about naked. isaiah 20:2. i really do not understand why some people think it is a sin to be seen while to others it is ok to be seen. in all of my life i wondered this because god never told adam to put the skins on, adam was the one who wanted this. the romans crucified jesus naked and jesus even said nudity is not a sin. john 19:23-24
    "it is more blessed to give than to recieve"-J.C:acts 20.35

hello everyone! may god bless you all! god loves everyone! even those who are evil, god will not abandon you so don't you abandon him. my partner in life i shall see in one year and we will sing and dance together! i know he has a gift for me but he does not need to bring me.
    i don't befriend those who use the slang term for my name.

Sorry for being inactive here, I've been a bit busy with Cross Country, swimmin, Faith Formation, that stuff. Anyway, I'll answer to you guys now.

SWEETCHERRYB, I sortof wondered why some people hate nudity, but I guess one reason is that humans have a natural shame for it. When Adam and Eve ate the fruit, they saw that they were naked and they were ashamed for it, so they put on plants and skins and tried to hide their bodies. But I guess some people just think it's vulgar so other people don't do it, and germs would spread easier. But to be honest, I'm not entirely sure.

What are your thoughts about the end times, antichrist, etc?

To be honest I'm rather scared. I feel like I may have commited too many sins and have not payed enough attention to God to go to Heaven, and I'm scared of going to Hell. I realize that worrying about my self and asking God to help me be good is rather selfish, and now I'm asking God to help others be good and help them to go to Heaven as well. But I really don't have much of a say on this, I don't really know about the antichrist or that much about the end of the world.
    Last edited by starliteevee; 14th January 2009 at 8:37 PM.

My fic, Drowning.
    Cye of the Torrent is my bishie.
    Credit to Sketchie of Coronet Designs

Pachirisu is offline <- He want da cookie

Okay I'm sorry about the post above. Someone has been hacking into my account doing this stuff, and seding PM's about this to all of my friends. So again, I'm sorry about all of this. (I will delete the post above so it doesn't continue to confuse people.

Well, it is scary, but I don't worry about it because I know, as long as I'm walking with God, I have nothing to fear. I know I will be taken up in the rapture.
    Quote Originally Posted by Faerie View Post
    Honestly, I think that the Auraholics went extinct in the anti-Auraholics' genocide. Now they're more like the monsters under the bed that everyone fears but never sees or hears.
    Little kids now have something other than the boogie monster to be afraid of.

The Johto starters in the anime sucked. If you agree copy and paste this in your sig. ~Started by Pachirisu~
    ~Credit goes to Ayra~

Quote Originally Posted by celebitrainer View Post
    Has anyone preorderred Platinum yet?
    I've preorderred two of them. I fully paid for it all at once in cash, and I would have put a deposit on the manual if the option had been available. I intend to add a preorder deposit for the manual as soon as possible.
    Bring it on! I am an expert in all types of pokemon battles and am quite pugnacious in the games. Let's get ready to RUMBLE!!
    Well, this sounds fun. I wonder if we could make a social group just for battling in this club. I am thinking 2 weeks to get a team ready is long enough. We should do no ubers, with a standard competition. I read the smogon tournament guide, and it said to use 3 on 3 battles and single elimination. I think we should limit the number of players also.

So, we can start it on January 30.
    Pm me to sign up.
    I'll send rules when you pm me.
    edit: I found the rules.
    http://serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=290790
    Last edited by crobatman; 14th January 2009 at 6:31 PM.

Me and my bible class are disscusing the end times every sunday before church. I think we're pretty close, most say its gonna happen 2012. But still you gotta be aware of every thing dont give in to darkness, dont worship no man. The Anti-christ is not among us yet, but he will be soon, he just doesnt know it yet. And yeah it sounds scary, but y'know what? its the truth and tho it is, im pretty happy, I want something to just happen that will change my life, and I feel I am getting closer and closer to knowing what true love is. I got good friends in my path(and one of them is a beautiful christian girl that I like alot) I hope we are all ready for when the end comes, and my true friend Jess, someday I know we will meet again.
    My current team:
    Wii #: 2951-6706-5302-9526
    Brawl FC: 5456-6821-0801
    Platinum FC 4125-0920-4478
    Metroid Prime Hunters FC: 1506 2260 0597
    GoldenEye007FC: 0955 2589 8524
    Pokemon HeartGold: 2923 1387 6224
    Pokemon White:3267 4378 6740-This may change in the future
    Playstation Network Name: Blueknight9000
    [If youve added me to any of these please let me know in a pm]

"There is some comfort in the emptiness of the sea, no past, no future." -Algren ~("The Last Samurai" 2003)

For me, I do think that it'll be soon. However, I have nothing to fear since I know that God will protect me. And the anti-christ is no big deal either. In 2 Thessalonians(I think. I forget the verse, but I'll look it up and post it for y'all later) it says that on the last day the "man of lawlessness"(or antichrist) will be revealed and Jesus will wipe Him out right away. So really, we shouldn't worry about what's coming, we should be looking forward to it since we will then be with Jesus in Heaven.

As for the nudity topic, I'll look up the verse and get back to you on it. BTW, any specific reason why you ask, sweetcherry?
    Pikawho: 5413 5779 3126 (Pt) / 4941 7679 5057 (SS) / 0474 5386 6385 (Pearl) / 2795 0047 2273 (Black) / 2148 8311 0090 (3DS)

Pic by Giygas.
    Owner of the ChristianAlliance

"Awake, my soul, give me eyes to see the King exalted, deserving and worthy. Awake, my soul, give me words to speak among the nations proclaiming Your glory.
    OH, HOW YOU'VE PROVEN THAT THERE IS NO ONE LIKE YOU! EVER FAITHFUL TO SUCH FAITHLESS MEN LIKE US!"
    Wolves at the Gate - Awaken

i will join too! only i will not flip out like the last time.

favorite christian comic: daren streblow
    3DS FC: 1375-8611-0238
    THE TORAH OF MOSHE IS NOT DONE AWAY WITH FOR IN DEUTERONOMY 33: CHAPTER 1 VERSE 2 IT SAYS THAT THE TORAH WAS GIVEN FROM THE RIGHT HAND, MAKING YESHUA THE GIVER OF THE TORAH ON MOUNT SINAI. HE GAVE IT TO MOSHE.

Quote Originally Posted by crobatman View Post
    Well, this sounds fun. I wonder if we could make a social group just for battling in this club. I am thinking 2 weeks to get a team ready is long enough. We should do no ubers, with a standard competition. I read the smogon tournament guide, and it said to use 3 on 3 battles and single elimination. I think we should limit the number of players also.

So, we can start it on January 30.
    Pm me to sign up.
    I'll send rules when you pm me.
    edit: I found the rules.
    http://serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=290790
    You know, with the idea of the uber rule, I have one thing to mention. For one thing, those are rules for another section of the forum and (I believe) do not have juristiction over the club forum. The uber idea is one thought, but their list is messed up. In my idea, only hacked pokemon should be able to be called ubers. I have plenty of powerful brutes which were obtained and raised to level 100 completely fair and square, but they are on the "uber" list and therefore unusable. I have a Sabeley with wonderguard; an obvious hack; but not on the uber list. I don't think that any pokemon is uber as long as it is obtained in regular gameplay and has stats/moves/abilities/etc. which are also normal in the game's programing.
    FCs: 1564-3330-7308 (X) and 0361-6238-7128 (Y)
    Friend safari types: Fairy and Rock, respectively. PM me with your FC if you add me.

Quote Originally Posted by starliteevee View Post
    To be honest I'm rather scared. I feel like I may have commited too many sins and have not payed enough attention to God to go to Heaven, and I'm scared of going to Hell. I realize that worrying about my self and asking God to help me be good is rather selfish, and now I'm asking God to help others be good and help them to go to Heaven as well.
    All sin is equal, and one is no better than one-thousand. God is there for everyone, and you are not selfish for praying constantly. There was an insecure period in my life when I prayed incessantly, but He always listened. He is there to help you with anything.

You seem to not entirely understand Salvation. If you believe with all your heart that the Bible is the inerrant, infallible, accurate Holy and Inspired Word of God, and that Jesus was His Son and that He was crucified but arose three days later, then even the lowest of the low and worst of the worst can be Saved. You, as I'm sure, are a good person, but not sinning a large amount doesn't keep you from Hell. Salvation does, and if you worry as much as you say, then pray this prayer (don't just say it; make sure you believe it):

"Dear God, I know I'm a sinner. I know that by nature, I am no good and I need You. I know that You sent Your Son to die for us and I thank You. I know that the Bible is your book and I respect Your Name; and, with this prayer, I repent from my life of Sin and Wrongs and Embrace You as my Lord and Savior. Amen."

...or something to that effect.

I hope that praying and believing that prayer erases all doubt of your Safety and Salvation.

For further readings on Justification by Faith Alone (the concept of Salvation), consult The Book of Romans.
    Last edited by PokeJustice; 15th January 2009 at 12:14 AM.

you do know that i can tell you why cherry asked right? well i kinda did a little reasearch on her question and she is a christian naturist. her parents raised her like this since they believe that since the body was created naked and in gods image they show an innocent and peacefull atmosphere. the human body is not evil, it is what you hide that makes you giulty. the spirit is good but5 the flesh is evil.... that is like saying there is two souls in one body. god gave us free will did he not? the only difference to them is that they do not consider the flesh evil since they were born naked not hairy like a monkey. if the body was so evil why did god create it? well i think of the body as a house for our soul while the soul controls the body. even when i think about it it doesn't seem bad since we are less likely to do bad things. it depends on what YOU as a person do with your body. if you respect it then that is good. nudity and sexuality have never actually mixed either. she is not lost but confused about why people abuse it and make it seem like something evil. pornography is idol worship incase you did not know. if you give it a thought you should understad what i am saying.

the antichrist is no big deal, to us we are supposed to look towards this moment because we will be with god and the world as we know it today will end. it is a blessing to have such a cursed era finally DIE. we get a new body also and are reborn again with eternal life.
    3DS FC: 1375-8611-0238
    THE TORAH OF MOSHE IS NOT DONE AWAY WITH FOR IN DEUTERONOMY 33: CHAPTER 1 VERSE 2 IT SAYS THAT THE TORAH WAS GIVEN FROM THE RIGHT HAND, MAKING YESHUA THE GIVER OF THE TORAH ON MOUNT SINAI. HE GAVE IT TO MOSHE.

but wait, i did not get any of your opinions yet, this is important to my family.
    "it is more blessed to give than to recieve"-J.C:acts 20.35

hello everyone! may god bless you all! god loves everyone! even those who are evil, god will not abandon you so don't you abandon him. my partner in life i shall see in one year and we will sing and dance together! i know he has a gift for me but he does not need to bring me.
    i don't befriend those who use the slang term for my name.

Quote Originally Posted by PokeJustice View Post
    You seem to not entirely understand Salvation. If you believe with all your heart that the Bible is the inerrant, infallible, accurate Holy and Inspired Word of God, and that Jesus was His Son and that He was crucified but arose three days later, then even the lowest of the low and worst of the worst can be Saved. You, as I'm sure, are a good person, but not sinning a large amount doesn't keep you from Hell. Salvation does, and if you worry as much as you say, then pray this prayer (don't just say it; make sure you believe it):

"Dear God, I know I'm a sinner. I know that by nature, I am no good and I need You. I know that You sent Your Son to die for us and I thank You. I know that the Bible is your book and I respect Your Name; and, with this prayer, I repent from my life of Sin and Wrongs and Embrace You as my Lord and Savior. Amen."

...or something to that effect.

I hope that praying and believing that prayer erases all doubt of your Safety and Salvation.

For further readings on Justification by Faith Alone (the concept of Salvation), consult The Book of Romans.
    Thank you. I just whispered that prayer to myself, meaning everything with all my heart, and it did make me feel a lot better. I will try to beleive harder and be a good person and pray for everyone, as I know other people will try too.

My fic, Drowning.
    Cye of the Torrent is my bishie.
    Credit to Sketchie of Coronet Designs

Page 13 of 155 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363113 ... LastLast