Page 138 of 154 FirstFirst ... 3888128134135136137138139140141142148 ... LastLast
Results 3,426 to 3,450 of 3849

Thread: SPPF Christian Alliance

  1. #3426
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    319

    Default

    Yea it's very intreresting! The only thing that confuses me is they're an evil team, and why is it being used in that way? Was the symbol used during medieval times or something? Because they're outfits are similar to those times.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this into your sig if you are too.†

  2. #3427
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Western Australia
    Posts
    301

    Default



    Well i dont necessarily view team plasma as evil.. I mean they do openly say that their trying to free pokemon ya no, and in some respects they do have
    some ethical/moral grounds to act upon this. ( like pokemon being trapped in pokeballs ect)


    The symbol itself, the chi rho is a symbol formed from the first two letters X and P of the Greek word for Christ.
    The Chi Rho apparently also goes by the name, Labarum.
    From what I've read it was used by christian/catholic warriors within the crusade, though it was mainly used as an effigy to represent Jesus Christ and our lord god, just as our modern crucifix's and cross's do to this day.

    Constantine, or Constantine the great or saint Constantine, was a roman emperor who converted to Christianity and was notorious for first adapting the Chi Rho/ labrum into warfare in a military sense apparently.
    He adapted the well known symbol onto banners,flags and armor, in which they represented while fighting battles.
    But i'd say more than anything the Chi Rho , is a medieval image/effigy that represents the cross, similar to how Christians and Catholics rep the cross on chains.


    I think the similarities between, Team plasma and Medieval Christians are to coincidental to ignore, i think it was intentionally put into the game.
    The similarities between the Chi Rho and team plasma symbols are evidence enough though what even supports that, is the outfits in which team plasma wear,
    which is the iconic armor/clothing in which the crusaders wore.

    I think its faith in some sence within pokemon, or at least Christ being represented.



    Also i would like to join the club please , its a long time coming. :P
    Bug-Type Represent !
    I am the Big Bad moth, if you want some, come get some..

  3. #3428
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    319

    Default

    Okay it makes sense now! I was just hoping it wasn't being used in an offensive way or something, but you explained everything very well.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this into your sig if you are too.†

  4. #3429
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Western Australia
    Posts
    301

    Default

    Among those whom tears fall from the face as in incarnation of pure piety, and all unto whom the wrath of the lord has grown to become their destiny, raise up thus among those of light so that amongst your seraphim and most loyal servents, they may teach upon man the true service deserving of you oh lord. Show forth the mercy of your supreme grace to the penitent and those whose understanding flows from the gift granted to thee from thou. Your extensions in the arcane forms of pleasure and suffering are done so by your will in accordance with your judgment, so that the righteous whom prevail over your mortal tests shall become the exalted servants of your immortal kingdom. Praise to you lord.
    Glory be to the one true king of the universe, from which all things evolved from and in which all things shall return, it is by your mercy and immortal existence that we are gifted with life so that our sins may be purged. Upon the death of the body and those things of energy, return not such rightioss souls upon the cycles of reincarnation to the vessels fired in the kilns of hell, but materialize the souls of the worthy within your almighty kingdom of heaven.
    Oh lord, thankyou for the incarnation of your son and yourself, whom through the death of your body, opened the inter-dimensional path in which our souls may be shown salvation. Praise the mighty lion of Judah whom unleashed the 7 seals and allowed light to be incarnated as the sword of your teachings so that the wicked and unbecoming may be slain by your holy and merciful truth. Praise you oh lord, whos teachings revived the lands of the desolate and brought forth an oasis within a desolate land.
    Almighty lord, although their are those whom speak of in blasphemous tongues against thee and those whom defile what is holy with sin, show mercy for they do not understand your truth.
    Oh father forgive our sins and guide us to our salvation so that we may know but more of your holy knowledge in the kingdom of heaven.
    Amen.







    Food for thought <3
    Last edited by Celestial Moth; 8th June 2013 at 3:37 PM. Reason: truth
    Bug-Type Represent !
    I am the Big Bad moth, if you want some, come get some..

  5. #3430
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Apartment 139
    Posts
    486

    Default

    Celestial Moth, as co-owner of this club, I hereby request that you cease posting in this club until your membership status is determined. The other leaders of this club and I will discuss your membership request. If your request is approved, you will be allowed to resuming making posts in the club. If it is denied, you will be barred from posting, per the rules of the club.

    SS
    But all things that are exposed are made manifest by the light, for whatever makes manifest is light.
    Therefore He says: "Awake, you who sleep, Arise from the dead, And Christ will give you light."
    See then that you walk circumspectly, not as fools but as wise, redeeming the time, because the days are evil. (Ephesians 5:13-15)



        Spoiler:- Friend Codes:

  6. #3431
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Spokane, Washington
    Posts
    0

    Default

    booo long time no see all
    I love collecting pokemon

  7. #3432
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    101

    Default

    Okay guiz so question time.
    Story of Samson--when you boil it down at the end God orders a man to commit suicide. He was going to die anyway, but that's not the point. Doesn't he go to hell for the simple fact of committing suicide?


    [img]http://i41.*******.com/2dqo1e.png[/img]~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Total clan wins: 25

        Spoiler:- Credit:

  8. #3433
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    On the Grid
    Posts
    1,319

    Default

    No. There is nothing in the Bible that says, straight up, "You will go to hell if you commit suicide," or "When you kill yourself, you will forever separate yourself from God's presence." (If you wish to discuss passages you've read that seem to indicate this, feel free to present them.)

    Suicide is wrong in the vast majority of cases. Suicide means taking into your own hands a decision that should be left to God. Most people who commit suicide aren't at the end of their lives, so it very frequently means cutting short your time on earth to gain eternal rewards for faithful service to God. So, it causes you to lose out on rewards; it doesn't keep you from heaven.

    I also see it as different if you lose your own life (or take an action that leads to your destruction) while defending your country, people, etc. as Samson did. He sacrificed himself in accomplishing something. It was certainly one of his better moments.

    Sprites ripped by Yoshi Clone of spritersresource.com. Banner by my brother ShinySandshrew.

  9. #3434

    Default

    I'd like to rejoin cuz I saw my name was not on here anymore. My testimony is a little bit complicated in that I remember asking Jesus to forgive my sins and be my Lord and Savior at 6 but I've struggled with doubts multiple times in my Christian life so I don't know exactly when I got saved. The important thing tho is that I know WHO I'm trusting in to make me right with God I'm currently attending seminary right now and am still trying to figure out what God wants to do with me but currently pursuing a track towards teaching Greek at a Christian college. I'm also a big pokemon fan (duh) and look forward to using it for God's glory just as we are to do with everything big or small (1 Corinthians 10:31)
    John 3:16 - For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life

    My mane pokeymanz in x
    facebook.com/geeksforjesus
    2ds friend code - 4613 7899 0504
    Looking for: purified shadow pokemon, pokemon in hg/ss exclusive pokeballs, y exclusive mega stones

  10. #3435
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    319

    Default

    I have another question: what about Giratina? I heard that it might have possibly been based off of satan. I'd like your opinions. Do you think this is true?
    Last edited by Chimungus; 7th July 2013 at 3:06 AM.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this into your sig if you are too.†

  11. #3436
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Apartment 139
    Posts
    486

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matoro View Post
    Okay guiz so question time.
    Story of Samson--when you boil it down at the end God orders a man to commit suicide. He was going to die anyway, but that's not the point. Doesn't he go to hell for the simple fact of committing suicide?

    Let me add one thing to what TFP said: God didn't order Samson to commit suicide. Samson asked God to give him strength to defeat the Philistines in a sacrificial move.

    Quote Originally Posted by Italianbaptist View Post
    I'd like to rejoin cuz I saw my name was not on here anymore. My testimony is a little bit complicated in that I remember asking Jesus to forgive my sins and be my Lord and Savior at 6 but I've struggled with doubts multiple times in my Christian life so I don't know exactly when I got saved. The important thing tho is that I know WHO I'm trusting in to make me right with God I'm currently attending seminary right now and am still trying to figure out what God wants to do with me but currently pursuing a track towards teaching Greek at a Christian college. I'm also a big pokemon fan (duh) and look forward to using it for God's glory just as we are to do with everything big or small (1 Corinthians 10:31)
    Welcome, Italianbaptist! May you grow in the grace and the knowledge of the Lord Jesus Christ during your time here.

    Let me also give you some insight regarding salvation: Being saved doesn't mean you will never doubt. I think it is safe to say that most Christians have had doubts at one time or another regarding their salvation. But when doubts arise the important thing to remember is that we have God's Word available to us so that we can know that we are saved. Romans 10:9 says, "that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved; " We can look at a passage like this and ask ourselves if we have believed on Jesus.


    In 1 John 5: 13 it says, "I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God that you may know that you have eternal life." It is important to note here that John wrote this to people whom he was certain believed in the name of the Son of God, but he was writing to give them assurance of their salvation.

    For a little more reading on doubts about salvation, I would recommend this article: http://www.gotquestions.org/salvation-doubt.html



    Quote Originally Posted by Chimungus View Post
    I have another question: what about Giratina? I heard that it might have possibly been based off of satan. I'd like your opinions. Do you think this is true?
    I had never heard this opinion before, so I did a little research. And from what I've read, I would say that this is not true. According to this interview with some of the creators, Giratina was meant to represent anti-matter. Furthermore, in both the show and the games Giratina does some good things. Satan, on the other hand, can't do good things.

    I see no parallels between Satan and Giratina that hold any water.
    But all things that are exposed are made manifest by the light, for whatever makes manifest is light.
    Therefore He says: "Awake, you who sleep, Arise from the dead, And Christ will give you light."
    See then that you walk circumspectly, not as fools but as wise, redeeming the time, because the days are evil. (Ephesians 5:13-15)



        Spoiler:- Friend Codes:

  12. #3437
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Out in the 'Verse
    Posts
    1,248

    Default

    I'm about to pass out. Scream the Prayer was a blast! Every band there killed it. It was great to finally see Impending Doom, Fit For A King, and Wolves At The Gate, as well as seeing The Great Commission and Gideon again. Such excellent fellowship went on. Already stoked for next year.

  13. #3438
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Shropshire
    Posts
    145

    Default

    may I join?
    I have been a christian all my life and infact, erlier on today I was confirmed into the C of E. also erlier on this year I went to a christian camp called spring harvestvand i am on the leadership team (the youngest LT member!) of my schools Christian union.

    Agression, Destruction.
    Meowstic is officially mine!


  14. #3439
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    AMERICA!!
    Posts
    382

    Default

    *Crawls out of the corner* Um. Would you guys accept a Mormon? May I join? I was born into my church, and I'll be there all my life.

  15. #3440
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    In my own world
    Posts
    5,496

    Default

    Hey all, it's been sometime since I posted in this club (Hopefully my membership hasn't expired:P), but I have a question and I feel like I can only ask this club, asking my real life Christian friends would make things awkward, I could ask my club but I feel like I might have better responses here.

    It is no secret my best friend and cousin is also an atheist (He's also gay which has some sort of relevance in this story), he's also a roommate so three in one, but anyways he has a huge dislike with Christians, and I can see why since who he is, and where Christianity stands with homosexuality, so I have allowed him to have some sort of vent, we always talked about this subject.

    But now it's getting really frustrating, and it's not what I am talking about, but the fact he speaks bad about my friends and assumes that they are all judgmental, hypocritical, horrible people just because of some anti gay parenting thing they posted on Facebook (And again I can see why he's upset, but I am starting to get annoyed), and I swear it's getting worse as the months pass on. (You can see why I can't talk to my real life Christian friends, as they will not feel comfortable coming over again). And I guess I just wanted to know how you guys deal with that? Not random strangers but your family member, best friends, roommates etc who pretty much calls every Christian bad except yourself (Apparently I am an exception, but I am not accepting that excuse anymore). How do you feel when someone insults your friends?

    I mean okay he doesn't see them like I have, he sees this one guy as a horrible person because he has gone on a rant about why gay parenting shouldn't happen on Facebook. But what he hasn't seen is that friend comforting me when I was upset one Christmas and knowing I was upset about a lot of things in my life. He thinks another female Christian friend is rude and not nice at all, because of something she once posted on my Facebook, but he hasn't seen her taking me shopping with three other girls for my birthday and actually helping me with advice.

    I mean I get it, seriously I am the leader of the Gay/Lesbian Alliance Club, of course I understand why Christianity makes him so upset and why he takes it so personally, but he shouldn't be acting worse then my friends would, a couple of them knows he's gay and still friendly towards him, not one have uttered a bad word about him because they understand he's my family and best friend, and if I asked them to stop, they would. I have told him to dial it down but he thinks I am just shoving his opinion away and forcing him not to tell him (Aside from the fact our other two roommates, are an lesbian couple and they think he needs to dial down and is being a bit harsh. Which the only thing they have done is ask me to make sure there is no negative talk about homosexuality while they are home, because well it makes them feel uncomfortable and we agreed if they had an atheist friend who did the same to me, I could kick them out as well. I should note one of the lesbians is also my cousin's best friend and thinks he goes a bit too far).

    My cousin also thinks they aren't nice to me, just because one of them can't drive me home anymore and suggested it was a sign that I moved closer to this different church (Which I think is a sign from God), which is funny because one of his ex friends, I thought liked me as a friend but I am pretty certain now, was just being nice to me because he really liked my cousin, so of course he had to be nice to me.


    I am sorry for the long post and rant, especially since I am not sure if everyone remembers who I am or part of this club. I just wanted to ask you guys, because I didn't really know who else to talk to, I would talk to my other roommates more but one of them is going through a stressful time and I can't pile this on her.

    So, how do you handle it when your non Christian best friend, or family member or whatever goes on like that about your other Christian friends? (Not me mind you, again apparently I am different to this)
    Claims Amber Benson and Ali Larter as Bishie.


    Credits go to the original creators of Cynthia's and Flannery's artwork.
    United we stand but seperated we fall

    And so the fifth generation begins...

  16. #3441
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,779

    Default

    ^I'm not sure my advice is any good, since I haven't experienced a lot of this (I'm not as open about my faith as I feel I ought to be - I'm still growing), but I think maybe giving you some advice would be better than not saying anything, because I know what it's like to post something but nobody knows how to reply, so they don't.

    So, maybe you've already tried this, but perhaps you should just lay out the facts for him. Tell him that, if your friends really were like that, you wouldn't be friends with them. Try and tell him that you're not the exception; you're the rule. Remind him that, in every group, there will be some who are just plain mean etc. - this is also true of atheists - maybe say that, there are several atheists out there who discriminate against Christianity, but that you also know many who are nice, kind people. Show him that it works both ways. Something I've told one of my gay friends when I mentioned my faith and he was surprised was: "Unfortunately, the most intolerant are also the loudest". Maybe that will help? Tell him everybody slips up once in a while, or sometimes say things in a way that sounds different to what they intended. Tell him that your friends may consider homosexuality as a sin, but that that doesn't mean they hate homosexuals - in the same way they may consider murder a sin, but don't hate murderers.

    I hope that helps, even just a little...

    † I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†


    "For God so loveth the world, that he hath given his only son, that none that believe in him, should perish: but should have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

    My Animelist


  17. #3442
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    crazy town,land of insanity
    Posts
    99

    Default

    I want in

    John 3:16 for God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son so that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life
    [IMG]http://i40.*******.com/2jab7zl.png[/IMG]
    HAIL GIOVANNI
    Do you like battling. Try anime style battling get started here
    credit to equal to heaven for the clock
    [IMG]http://i42.*******.com/33mv70g.gif[/IMG]

  18. #3443
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    In my own world
    Posts
    5,496

    Default

    Yeah, I sort of told him that once we had a huge discussion, part of it was about the way he spoke about my Christian friends, so I told him it made me upset, and he said he would try to stop it (For some reason, he thinks my friends are being fake nice, or aleast some of them >.>), so I am hoping it did help a little.
    Claims Amber Benson and Ali Larter as Bishie.


    Credits go to the original creators of Cynthia's and Flannery's artwork.
    United we stand but seperated we fall

    And so the fifth generation begins...

  19. #3444
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Placeville, USA
    Posts
    1,275

    Default

    Celestial Moth: It has been decided by myself and the co-owners that you cannot be a member of this club. This decision was made based on differences in spiritual beliefs. Please don't take this rejection personally. We are only trying to prevent potential conflict. Thank you. If you have any questions please message either me, Jesusfreak, or ShinySandshrew.

    TheSketchQueen: Unfortunately, due to the vast differences between Mormon and Christian beliefs, the co-owners and I have decided not to give you membership. As with Celestial Moth, this is only to prevent future conflicts due to disagreement in doctrine. Please don't take this personally. As much as I'd like to let you join, we do not see membership as being beneficial to you. Thank you. If you have any questions please message either me, Jesusfreak, or ShinySandshrew.

    ItalianBaptist, EpicJirachifan, Leafme: Welcome to the CA! Hopefully I didn't scare you away with the rejection of two members. It's very rare that we turn people away. =/ Please feel to contribute to the current topic. If there is a question or topic you would like to discuss feel free to post about it. Currently going in and out of inactivity here but hopefully we can get things moving again. =)

    DreadAdvocate: I was really disappointed that I couldn't go to that! I had my ticket for the VA show but something came up after church that day. I was really looking forward to seeing Wolves at the Gate perform. =/ Although I will get to go to this so at least I'll get another chance to see WATG. Pretty strong line-up too. It'll be my brother's first show too so it should be a great day all around. =)

    WT: Haha your membership here never expires, even if I fail to put the username in the memberlist. lol Glad to see you're still around!

    Roseheart really hit it on the head. It's unfair that your cousin is judging your friends based on bad experiences with other Christians. Hopefully he trusts you enough to be able to take your word for it when you say that they aren't as he makes them out to be. I hope things improve for you guys! I'll be praying. =)

    And I'll be trying to get back into the habit of posting here. I want to be able to get things going again. Hopefully being out of school will help. =P

    Have a blessed day, everyone!
    Pikawho: 5413 5779 3126 (Pt) / 4941 7679 5057 (SS) / 0474 5386 6385 (Pearl) / 2795 0047 2273 (Black) / 2148 8311 0090 (3DS)

    Pic by Giygas.
    Owner of the ChristianAlliance

    "Awake, my soul, give me eyes to see the King exalted, deserving and worthy. Awake, my soul, give me words to speak among the nations proclaiming Your glory.
    OH, HOW YOU'VE PROVEN THAT THERE IS NO ONE LIKE YOU! EVER FAITHFUL TO SUCH FAITHLESS MEN LIKE US!"
    Wolves at the Gate - Awaken

  20. #3445
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    242

    Default

    Hello there! I was wondering if I could join this club. I have been a Christian(Catholic to be specific) my whole life. I attended a Christian school from kindergarten to sixth grade, but then had to go to a public school due to problems occurring in my life at the moment(please read my About Me to find out more). Every year, I go to a Christian camp in the Adirondacks called Northern Frontier. I have been to several Christian rock concerts, including Luminate and the Battle Cry 2-day concert. Also, something I think is really cool is that I was born on March 16, also referred to as 3/16, which is similar to John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten son, so that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

    I know the last part isn't a reason why you should let me join, but it's something that I thought was really cool.
    3DS friend code. 0232 - 8200 - 5719
    I have claimed Scizor, the king of Bug-Types.
    Planned ORAS Teams:



    Trinity League Badges:


    Credit: AstralShadow (userbar) & Kida-Ookami (badge)

        Spoiler:- Credits:

  21. #3446
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,779

    Default

    ^That's pretty cool (unfortunately it doesn't work in England :'( )

    So, I just wanted to bring up a discussion, if that's okay. Basically, in my entire year at school, I know only about three Christians, and only one who I'm quite close to, but is in none of my classes. If somebody says something against Christianity in class, for example, pretty much everyone is likely to agree with it, and I feel a little put out sometimes. I was just wondering if you guys have had similar experiences, and how you deal with it.

    † I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†


    "For God so loveth the world, that he hath given his only son, that none that believe in him, should perish: but should have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

    My Animelist


  22. #3447
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Texas, United States
    Posts
    273

    Default

    If there's a membership list, I'd like to be deleted from it. Here's my expanation:

        Spoiler:


    I don't mind discussing it if anyone wants to PM me (or VM me, but I think my profile is limited to contacts).
    Last edited by greatguy; 2nd August 2013 at 6:22 AM.

  23. #3448

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShinySandshrew earlier in this thread View Post
    My name is ShinySandshrew and I am one of the co-owners of this club. The leaders of this club have discussed your request to join and our determination is that you will not be allowed to join.
    Don't worry, your membership request wasn't accepted in the first place. Have a good day all the same.~

  24. #3449
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Out in the 'Verse
    Posts
    1,248

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pikawho? View Post
    DreadAdvocate: I was really disappointed that I couldn't go to that! I had my ticket for the VA show but something came up after church that day. I was really looking forward to seeing Wolves at the Gate perform. =/ Although I will get to go to this so at least I'll get another chance to see WATG. Pretty strong line-up too. It'll be my brother's first show too so it should be a great day all around. =)
    A lot of those bands were at Alliance Fest yesterday. But apparently TDWP, Maylene, and Norma Jean dropped it because the promoter didn't hold up to his end of the bargain, and Hundredth and Being as an Ocean are pitching a fit about it. Like, they're trying to break equipment and cussing up storms and denouncing God. But that's looking to be an excellent lineup. Seen all of them except TDWP, The Word Alive, Maylene, TRJA, BAAO, Jamie's, and Condition, and all the ones I have seen have done excellent jobs. I hope you have a blast, stay safe, and that Hundredth and Ocean don't behave the way they did yesterday.

    EDIT: Also, when you get the chance, Darth_Feraligatr's name in the member list needs to be changed to mine.
    Last edited by Dread Advocate; 4th August 2013 at 1:30 PM.

  25. #3450
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Placeville, USA
    Posts
    1,275

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dread Advocate View Post
    A lot of those bands were at Alliance Fest yesterday. But apparently TDWP, Maylene, and Norma Jean dropped it because the promoter didn't hold up to his end of the bargain, and Hundredth and Being as an Ocean are pitching a fit about it. Like, they're trying to break equipment and cussing up storms and denouncing God. But that's looking to be an excellent lineup. Seen all of them except TDWP, The Word Alive, Maylene, TRJA, BAAO, Jamie's, and Condition, and all the ones I have seen have done excellent jobs. I hope you have a blast, stay safe, and that Hundredth and Ocean don't behave the way they did yesterday.

    EDIT: Also, when you get the chance, Darth_Feraligatr's name in the member list needs to be changed to mine.
    I heard that TDWP couldn't perform but I didn't realize that the other groups were affected too. That's disappointing to hear about Hundredth and BAAO. I didn't see Hundredth perform (had a meet and greet) and only caught the tail end of BAAO's performance. They seemed to be more level headed today.

    JE and TWA had travel issues so they couldn't perform. Although we needed the extra time since the sound was really bad and needed plenty of set up and maintenance during each performance. When I saw Five Iron Frenzy's show (free, might I add) they had only one mic that wouldn't behave. The venue was also two shoddy stages set up in a church parking lot. Due to the nature of metal shows, I was almost certain someone would get hurt on the asphalt (fortunately, no one did). I just expected more from this festival, since there were so many big names. Not trying too be cynical I just thought it was funny how it was opposite of what my expectations were. lol

    Everyone killed it. Despite the sketchy venue, everyone had a blast. My brother got into some new music (specifically WATG) and caught a signed pick from TDWP. Not bad for his first time. =P I got to meet everyone I wanted to and was able to successfully get Ryan Clark to write down the Pre-chorus to Deteriorate (in my sig). I basically fangirled for the rest of the day. lol Now I sit here sore and worn out with other people's sweat/blood on me so I guess it was a successful show? Definitely one I'll remember.

    Hopefully you'll get a chance to see TDWP sometime soon. They put on a really good show. This was my second time seeing them this year (first time was on their tour with AILD, before the Lambesis situation...).

    And I got your name changed, finally. I'm the internet's laziest club owner of all time ever. lol
    Last edited by Pikawho?; 5th August 2013 at 3:30 PM.
    Pikawho: 5413 5779 3126 (Pt) / 4941 7679 5057 (SS) / 0474 5386 6385 (Pearl) / 2795 0047 2273 (Black) / 2148 8311 0090 (3DS)

    Pic by Giygas.
    Owner of the ChristianAlliance

    "Awake, my soul, give me eyes to see the King exalted, deserving and worthy. Awake, my soul, give me words to speak among the nations proclaiming Your glory.
    OH, HOW YOU'VE PROVEN THAT THERE IS NO ONE LIKE YOU! EVER FAITHFUL TO SUCH FAITHLESS MEN LIKE US!"
    Wolves at the Gate - Awaken

Page 138 of 154 FirstFirst ... 3888128134135136137138139140141142148 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •