Page 14 of 153 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464114 ... LastLast

Thread: SPPF Christian Alliance

Praise be to God, starliteevee, not me. If it weren't for the Blood of the Lamb, we would all be damned to Hell. No thanks to me whatsoever.

What are your thoughts about the end times, antichrist, etc?

I have a theory about people like Nostradamus. They all worked so hard to find a code in the Bible to find the date of the end of the world, but I believe that in doing so they never found the date of the Apocalypse; they caused it. The quest for knowledge which only God posesses and is able to use without being overwhelmed is the exact same thing as the forbidden fruit which got Adam and Eve expelled from the Garden of Eden. There are some things which man should not seek, lest they end up regreting it by an act of God's wrath. Either way, is it really better if we know when the Apocalypse will come? We can't stop it, and knowing about it will cause utter chaos shortly before it happens. On like December 19 or 20 of 2012, everybody who had believed Nostradamus's stories will start to go nuts; either breaking all sorts of moral laws knowing that they can't be punished when they're dead or acting like basket cases and saying "I'm too young to die."
    FCs: 1564-3330-7308 (X) and 0361-6238-7128 (Y)
    Friend safari types: Fairy and Rock, respectively. PM me with your FC if you add me.

I do believe that the end times will happen exactly as the book of Revelations states it. To be honest I am actually scared of the end times since I still have doubts on whether or not I am really saved.

By the way, it is possible that the rapture could take place during the middle of the tribulation (meaning Christians could still have to suffer through the Tribulation).
    "The strongest Pokémon... Is this... the fulfillment of my dream?" --Dr. Fuji
    Brock: And I decided I want you to be my partner!
    Girl: What?!

Quote Originally Posted by starliteevee View Post
    I just whispered that prayer to myself, meaning everything with all my heart, and it did make me feel a lot better. I will try to beleive harder and be a good person and pray for everyone, as I know other people will try too.
    Welcome to the family. ^_^
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanto Trio View Post

I do believe that the end times will happen exactly as the book of Revelations states it. To be honest I am actually scared of the end times since I still have doubts on whether or not I am really saved.

By the way, it is possible that the rapture could take place during the middle of the tribulation (meaning Christians could still have to suffer through the Tribulation).
    You can know for certain whether you're saved or not: http://www.chick.com/information/general/salvation.asp

As for your other question, there is scriptual evidence to suggest that the rapture will happen before the tribulation. I'm not sure about the exact scriptures. I'll look them up and post them here.

Quote Originally Posted by SWEETCHERRYB View Post
    in all of my life i wondered this because god never told adam to put the skins on, adam was the one who wanted this. the romans crucified jesus naked and Jesus even said nudity is not a sin. john 19:23-24
    Eh...He never says that. He was stripped and the Roman soldiers cast lots, but He never said that. I'd post the verse, but it'd be pointless. All it says is that they took His clothes and cast lots for them. And verse 24 says that that was to fulfill the prophesy.

Now, I don't know where you're coming from but I/we can't help you if we don't know why you're asking this. I can't say for sure if being naked is a sin or not, but I'm going to say that it isn't just since it's never stated(specifically) anywhere in the Bible. Now can you please tell us why you asked such a question?

Oh, and the verse I mentioned in a previous post about Jesus and the antichrist can be found in 2 Thessalonians 2:1-12.
    Last edited by Pikawho?; 16th January 2009 at 1:24 AM.
    Pikawho: 5413 5779 3126 (Pt) / 4941 7679 5057 (SS) / 0474 5386 6385 (Pearl) / 2795 0047 2273 (Black) / 2148 8311 0090 (3DS)

Pic by Giygas.
    Owner of the ChristianAlliance

"Awake, my soul, give me eyes to see the King exalted, deserving and worthy. Awake, my soul, give me words to speak among the nations proclaiming Your glory.
    OH, HOW YOU'VE PROVEN THAT THERE IS NO ONE LIKE YOU! EVER FAITHFUL TO SUCH FAITHLESS MEN LIKE US!"
    Wolves at the Gate - Awaken

These are the answers my pastor gave me.

Nudity=sin?

In many of Paul's letters, he instructs both men and women to live modestly within the context of their culture. There is also the instruction against sexual immorality -- which is related to standards of modesty in dress and behaviour.

Thoughts on the end times/anti-christ?

There are three main views of the end times. One is that all of the teaching on end times is figurative, one says that Jesus will return after Christians have worked to restore a "Garden of Eden" type of world, and then among a small group of very conservative evangelicals, there is the view of the rapture/tribulation etc which also focuses on the character of the anti-christ.

There is no direct teaching that fully supports this view -- it all comes from descriptive passages in Daniel and Revelation in particular. It is a 'spectacular' kind of teaching -- but probably not very realistic.

My own view is that persecution, 'anti christs', difficulties living in the world because of Christian standards and beliefs have always been part of the Christian experience. The only concrete thing we can say is that Jesus is going to come back one day and there will be a new Heaven and and new earth and we will live forever with Christ.

Anything else tends to come from either descriptive passages (from which we do not take definitive teaching) and single phrases and verses that can easily be taken out of context.

The primary message of Revelation in particular was written to a group of persecuted Christians to give them hope. The Apostle John was one of the most literary of the NT writers and he liked to give a variety of descriptions for the same thing. He was not giving a blue print for the future -- he was giving a series of images so that those who were suffering horribly could have a lively hope to hold onto.
    Last edited by Shadow-saur; 16th January 2009 at 1:50 AM.
    [img]http://i41.*******.com/161xsaq.png[/img]
    Credit to HikariTajiri - Thank you very much!

Shadow disappeared off the face of the earth.

Paired with Sonic Boom, twins with Pearl's Perap

Exclamation

well now hold on a second, you do understaand that because we live in a new era of darkness that the people are going to mess with it alot. the english could have edited it and just threw that in. the government is most likely going to do that because of the laws of this country. then again that still sounds strange. why would somebody want to prove how shamefull they feel? i kind of tested her life style out for a few days. it was actually better for me because i did not feel bad, no sexual thoughts and well i kinda think that cherry has a point. i found her point in the amplified bible. 2nd cornitians 5:3 and loike she said being naked truely means withoout a body. you will not find that in the new living translation because of our government, addiction to sexuality and they believe that this can destroy a child quite easily. i do not believe in our system of government because they love to lie to our faces and say that everything will be alright. unfortunately some info you are looking for will not be found in the index. you wonder why las vegas is still around. i am looking straight at the text. you should actually be looking in the books, not the index because the editors always have to take out some things. ifou think of her badly that is only because you do not look for the information. try that out please? you do not have to try the nudity thing but you will always find that every time the bible is translated they change it. i can probably go to a old king james bible and find even more things in this topic then in the newer bibles. also when they threw the lots that means they took all that he had, clothes jewlery an all. this is why i do not agree with people. my mother even said that there are peope like this. i would rather have god see me for who i am then just some other ignorrant person. when you take a lot you take EVERTHING. besides these generations have also forgotten about why sex is a good thing, it is not the feeling, it is not the urge either. what is good about it only comes from your husband (or wife) the natural way. you do not understand marrage untill you understand this. in my homeland of isreal, back in the biblical times wives shown thier true feelings by becoming one, (are you getting it or should i just tell you anyway because you do not need a bible to tell you that i am speaking truthfully) there is only one way to become one being and that is by bearing a baby. it does not matter if you are married or divorced because your child is the one who is both the husband and wife at the same time. traits and characteristics are what make the baby both the wife and husband. if you do not understand this read 1rst samuel. the blessing is the child.
    Last edited by SUPERSAIYANALEX; 16th January 2009 at 2:24 AM.
    3DS FC: 1375-8611-0238
    THE TORAH OF MOSHE IS NOT DONE AWAY WITH FOR IN DEUTERONOMY 33: CHAPTER 1 VERSE 2 IT SAYS THAT THE TORAH WAS GIVEN FROM THE RIGHT HAND, MAKING YESHUA THE GIVER OF THE TORAH ON MOUNT SINAI. HE GAVE IT TO MOSHE.

Say wha?

There's a government conspiracy? The english language and the government control what goes in the Bible?

I don't understand what you are trying to say.

Unhappy

yes there is government conspiracy. this has happened because our government grew greedy at the time of thomas jefferson's presidency. that is why we live bad in the first place. we are like slaves to the government. we have to follow thier greed just so we can live a sheltered life. money has always been running our world since it was created. why does the governmeent say that the bible should not be apart of the public school system? yes it is, the government is like ceasar, power hungry fools they are. they allow the teachers to lie about the facts in truth. evolution is always an example because well that is the only thing they teach that has to do with how we exist. they hid a human skeleton from scientists because it was older then the dinosaurs. they are just money hungry.
    Last edited by SUPERSAIYANALEX; 16th January 2009 at 3:11 AM.
    3DS FC: 1375-8611-0238
    THE TORAH OF MOSHE IS NOT DONE AWAY WITH FOR IN DEUTERONOMY 33: CHAPTER 1 VERSE 2 IT SAYS THAT THE TORAH WAS GIVEN FROM THE RIGHT HAND, MAKING YESHUA THE GIVER OF THE TORAH ON MOUNT SINAI. HE GAVE IT TO MOSHE.

Quote Originally Posted by celebitrainer View Post
    You know, with the idea of the uber rule, I have one thing to mention. For one thing, those are rules for another section of the forum and (I believe) do not have juristiction over the club forum. The uber idea is one thought, but their list is messed up. In my idea, only hacked pokemon should be able to be called ubers. I have plenty of powerful brutes which were obtained and raised to level 100 completely fair and square, but they are on the "uber" list and therefore unusable. I have a Sabeley with wonderguard; an obvious hack; but not on the uber list. I don't think that any pokemon is uber as long as it is obtained in regular gameplay and has stats/moves/abilities/etc. which are also normal in the game's programing.
    Well, let's do it your way then, because there seems to be no one else interested.
    About to do an X Scramble Challenge!!!
    Let me know if you would like to trade or battle!
    3DS Friend Code: 1779-0043-7163
    Name on 3DS: BT

Quote Originally Posted by crobatman View Post
    Well, let's do it your way then, because there seems to be no one else interested.
    Sorry, it's just that I've always played for fun, never EV trained or bred for natures or IV's or anything like that. It's just no fun if you go down without a fight...

Okay, so by that you mean going with absolutely any pokemon allowed, or anything but hacks? As I said, I have a wonderguard Sabeley, and what I failed to mention was that I also have a Spiritomb with wonderguard. Either of those is an almost guaranteed win because they have no weaknesses unless hit with Foresight, Odor Sleuth, or a pokemon with the ability "Scrappy." I don't think those would be fair, so for your sake there should at least be restrictions against them.
    Friend safari types: Fairy and Rock, respectively. PM me with your FC if you add me.

I just want to play for fun basically.

I can't reply without messing with the one-liner rule.
    discussion on nudity
    I think this is something that goes along with the topic of temperance and sex outside of marriage.
    Nudity is obviously going to drive people to lust. There is a verse that says to "abstain from the appearance of evil."

I just want to play for fun basically.

I can't reply without messing with the one-liner rule.
    discussion on nudity
    I think this is something that goes along with the topic of temperance and sex outside of marriage.
    Nudity is obviously going to drive people to lust. There is a verse that says to "abstain from the appearance of evil."

God gave us clothing also to cover us. Read Genesis 3. There was an animal slain by god to cover our bodies as a symbol of a saviour who covers our sins.

The christian naturist position is just like saying that it is okay for me drink alcohol. I am not saying that to drink alcohol is a sin, but it can lead to many problems like alcoholism, dui, anger, depression, etc. Also, my testimony would be put into question when a non-christian views me drinking. This is why the bible says to "abstain from the appearance of evil."
    Last edited by crobatman; 16th January 2009 at 5:38 PM.

^Yeah, I was going to say something along those lines. Even if it isn't a sin, you can still cause your brother/sister in Christ to fall into lust. There's another verse in the Bible that says, "Don't put a stumbling block in your brother's path". Unfortunately, I don't know where that's found; my pastors quote it alot, though. And yeah, you don't want to have the presence of "evil" either. Not everyone will share your view about the subject so it may offend them. =/

As for the tourny: If we are allowing ubers, I'm assuming that there are no clauses either, yes? Also, there should definately be no hacks allowed. It gives an unfair advantage. =/
    Pikawho: 5413 5779 3126 (Pt) / 4941 7679 5057 (SS) / 0474 5386 6385 (Pearl) / 2795 0047 2273 (Black) / 2148 8311 0090 (3DS)

Pic by Giygas.

"Awake, my soul, give me eyes to see the King exalted, deserving and worthy. Awake, my soul, give me words to speak among the nations proclaiming Your glory.
    OH, HOW YOU'VE PROVEN THAT THERE IS NO ONE LIKE YOU! EVER FAITHFUL TO SUCH FAITHLESS MEN LIKE US!"

One thing I should mention about the hacks is that many of my pokemon are enhanced with hacks, but nothing beyond the shiny pokemon AR code. I have a code to make all wild pokemon shiny permanently, but all the pokemon caught with that cheat are exactly the same in strength as they are supposed to be. Their stats aren't beyond the norm for randomly encounterred shinies, and they were all found in the places they would appearin normal gameplay. So, as I said, that kind of thing should be acceptable even if it was obtained with the aid of a cheat code, but anything made with pokesav like my Sableye or Spiritomb should be off limits.

Wink Main Point: If You're Nude, Don't Let anyone See... Except Your Spouse

Hm, I haven't been on in quite a while... And as soon as I return, I see we're on the topic of nudity... If you ask me, I'd have to say that nudity in itself is not necessarily a "sin."

It's like saying you'll have to take showers with clothes on... (or else you're a sinner!) because you can never be, well, nude.

On the other hand, the "sinfulness" of the act depends on the intention. I mean, if someone is walking nude in the streets, then that is not only offensive, but it can also incur lust in another person. Plus, the Bible speaks strongly against making the "little ones stumble." So if someone is purposely getting nude in public, and kids see... then, well, you can probably figure that one out for yourself.

But I must admit, a random topic indeed. So, the ultimate question isn't "Is nudity sin?" but rather, "Why are 'you' nude." ;D [*sarcasm*]
    I'd say more about End Times stuff, but that'd be too much for this post alone... ;P Maybe another day?
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." ~Edmund Burke

Current Super Doubles Train Record: 57
    Current Overall GBU Rating: 8059 (Rank 245)

Cripes. This thread has kinda gone inactive...>.> I'll have a new topic up later on today. The current one is kinda awkward....>.>

Celebitrainer, that's fine. As long as that's all that's been "enhanced" I've got no problem with it.

Pic by Giygas.

Great, it seems we are on to a new topic.
    I have one. Are there any in this club who do not go to church?
    You can give a reason if you want to. I ask because I debated someone on facebook that said Church was an institution of Jezebel. I really think people are ....ignorant of the bible.

^That's really interesting. All over the New Testement Paul talks about being part of the "Body of Christ"/the church. Funny that you ask this, since I'm currently taking the New Members class at my church to become an official member. =D

Pic by Giygas.

^That's really interesting. To take a class to become an "official church member" is something my church doesn't do. I mean, if someone came to a service at my church for the first time, then they'd be considered as a visitor. If they continue returning, then they become a member (yeah, the 'borderline' is vague).

In its truest sense (from what I gather), a church is not a building, but a gathering of people. From the earliest records in the Bible, "church" was a group of people that communed in someone's house to praise God and learn the Word. Even in China, some people hold "house-churches" to worship - but in that country, it's illegal, so many people are jailed for holding such gatherings.

Nevertheless, my church does have a covenant's thingy, which is similar to being "inducted" into the church. A member is merely a regular attender to my church, whereas a covenanted member has "obligations" to help the church out and organize activities (kind of like a 'staff' group).

Yeah, it must sound all weird what I just presented.

I've been going to the same church since I was 7 - 15 years ago.

At my church, you're only a visitor for the first time you go there. After that, once you've been there a while (a month or so) you can volunteer for certain things, or join a particular ministry (ie: Praise Team, Teaching the kids, etc.) that is of course if you are up to the task.

All in all, there really is no "membership" in my church. It's more like just visitors and regulars.

I've been going to church since I was a baby. And like Chaos Element: X said, my Priest says that the church is a group of people, that we are the church, and not the building itself. If you come to church just one time, you are considered a visitor or guest. Chaos Element: X said all I was going to say pretty much.

Check out my fic, Drowning.
    Cye of the Torrent is my bishie.
    Credit to 00swms for the beautiful banner!

Yeah, being a member isn't too big. I mean, you don't have to become a member to go to my church regularly. They even say that they don't want to force anyone to join. But yeah, when you become an official member you can then volunteer to help out in Sunday school and other stuff.

That's really all it is. =/

Pic by Giygas.

Default Why should one go to church

I guess it's more of a "foot-in-the-door effect." For instance, if one of your teachers told you that she needed help with a project over the weekend, and invited her students to help her, very few (if any) would probably show up. If, however, she makes a sign-up list to gather volunteers, the number of people that will likely show up to help her will increase greatly!

It's kind of meant to see who's "committed" to helping out the church. I mean, no church (in their right mind) is going to force visitors to become members if they expect to keep returning to that church. Rather, to be inducted as an "official member" is similar to that "sign-up" sheet. It results in a motivation to be committed to a task that aids the church.

Anyone can volunteer... But some will be more likely to do so under these conditions... Or so I'm guessing.

Random thought.

On another note, what if someone claims to be a believer, but doesn't go to church? What could be the ramifications of not being actively involved with a group of believers at least once a week? What reasons are there for one to go to church?

[Note: These questions are intended to merely get your opinions ~ I have my own suggestions, but I'll see what you all have to say on the matter. ]
    Last edited by Chaos Element: X; 21st January 2009 at 11:31 PM. Reason: Removing signature to save space.

Page 14 of 153 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464114 ... LastLast