Page 37 of 155 FirstFirst ... 273334353637383940414787137 ... LastLast
Results 901 to 925 of 3856

Thread: SPPF Christian Alliance

  1. #901
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Valinor: The Undying Lands
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Yay!
    What does it mean to be "saved"?
    To be saved is to Jesus Christ the Lord of your life. To give up your selfish ways and follow Him, so when the day comes, you will go to heaven. It breaks the separation from us and God due to sin.
    PS. I have great news, I have just won my ongoing battle with anorexia nervousa. Praise God!
    Last edited by S'Vivon; 14th September 2009 at 4:38 AM. Reason: :)
    I'm open for battling on Platinum, Battle Revolution, and SSBB!

    friend codes:
    Platinum: 4769 4088 0560
    Battle Revolution: will put later
    SSBB: will put later

    Lady GaGa: Taking the world by storm....ONE SEQUIN AT A TIME!

    98% OF TEENS WON'T STAND UP FOR GOD...
    REPOST THIS IN YOUR SIGNATURE IF YOU'RE ONE OF THE 2% WHO WILL


    http://s3.amazonaws.com/readers/2009...2010-wii_1.jpg

  2. #902
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Valinor: The Undying Lands
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Anorexia nervosa: an eating disorder (obviously lol) in which the sufferer is obsessed with their weight. the sufferer does compulsive activites (counting calories, weighing themselves, looking in the mirror) that pertain to weight. To lose weight, the person overuses laxatives, diet pills, or simply refuses to eat. (combined with an extreme workout regimine) It is commonly confused with bulimia, an eating disorder in which the person binge eats (eats a boatload which they "cannot control") and then performs compensatory activities (like self-induced vomiting). People with anorexia DO NOT make themeslves throw up.
    There's your lesson for today, class. jk
    HAHA sorry i posted a lecture, I don't want to start a discussion on eating disorders.
    Last edited by S'Vivon; 14th September 2009 at 5:24 AM.
    I'm open for battling on Platinum, Battle Revolution, and SSBB!

    friend codes:
    Platinum: 4769 4088 0560
    Battle Revolution: will put later
    SSBB: will put later

    Lady GaGa: Taking the world by storm....ONE SEQUIN AT A TIME!

    98% OF TEENS WON'T STAND UP FOR GOD...
    REPOST THIS IN YOUR SIGNATURE IF YOU'RE ONE OF THE 2% WHO WILL


    http://s3.amazonaws.com/readers/2009...2010-wii_1.jpg

  3. #903
    pokemonanime18's Avatar
    pokemonanime18 is offline ポケットモンスターが好きです。
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    13

    Default

    May I join?

    I've been to a few clubs in & outside Church such as Bible Study & House Group. Also I'm a Christian. I always believe in Christ.
    Last edited by pokemonanime18; 14th September 2009 at 5:48 PM.

  4. #904
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    South Georgia
    Posts
    1,328

    Default

    Welcome to the club pokemonanime18!!!!


    How about we change the money discussion around to something more hardcore. The anniversary of the USA's constitution is this week. We had a speaker at our school that talked about it showing how America is a Christian nation. The constitution was put together by mostly Christian people. In fact most of them were theologians.
    So, here is my question: Do you agree with Obama when he said 'America is not a Christian nation'?
    Now, I know that Americans are not all Christian, because there are over 20 religions in this country. I do believe that the United States was founded on biblical principles. For example, separation of Church and State is biblical because just look in Exodus and you will see that how God gave leadership of the Jews to Moses and Aaron. Moses with "state" affairs, and Aaron with "worship". That was just one of the points that was in the lecture today.

    At Liberty, we have speakers that come every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday for convocation. We are required to go. So, I thought it would be cool to let you all know what is going on at the biggest evangelical school in the world.


    (though technically, His name isn't on it since Yahweh is God's name, but what's in a name?).
    Back in the bible times, names were important. YHWH means "I will alway be tomorrow what I was yesterday." This shows what a mighty God we serve.
    Last edited by crobatman; 15th September 2009 at 2:06 AM.
    About to do an X Scramble Challenge!!!
    Let me know if you would like to trade or battle!
    3DS Friend Code: 1779-0043-7163
    Name on 3DS: BT

  5. #905
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    969

    Default

    Welcome to the Christian Club pokemonanime18 and S'Vivon.
    @Pikawho? Welcome back!! =D I jsut started uni as well ^^
    @Salavoir55: I see your point, but in the end, this country is doomed either way :/
    @S'Vivon: Welcome to the club!! And I'm really happy that you beat the disease! I have a similar eating problem, so I can relate...
    @pokemonanime18: That's great that you're Christian! I can read what your caption says btw ^^ I'm learning Japanese!

    New topic!

    Do you think we're nearing the ends of times?
    I know, its a bit of an... intense topic but I can't be avoided. Especially looking at what time period we're living in. I strongly believe we are just because of all the signs that are being proven by Biblical prophecy... Know what I mean?
    Pokeshipper
    (n.): Because we don't forget 5five
    seasons, 4four cameos, 3three supporters,
    2two gifts, and 1one departure worth of emotions.

  6. #906
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Valinor: The Undying Lands
    Posts
    10

    Default

    IM LEARNING JAPANESE TOO!
    Do you think we're nearing the ends of times?
    thats a toughie that I really can't answer, I need to read the book of Revelations again. I haven't read it in forever... I think, in some ways... we are. But I don't think it matters. We just need to keep witnessing and trusting God!
    PS. I'm sure glad its over. I was being made fun of awfully for being an anorexic. Especially an anorexic male.
    I'm open for battling on Platinum, Battle Revolution, and SSBB!

    friend codes:
    Platinum: 4769 4088 0560
    Battle Revolution: will put later
    SSBB: will put later

    Lady GaGa: Taking the world by storm....ONE SEQUIN AT A TIME!

    98% OF TEENS WON'T STAND UP FOR GOD...
    REPOST THIS IN YOUR SIGNATURE IF YOU'RE ONE OF THE 2% WHO WILL


    http://s3.amazonaws.com/readers/2009...2010-wii_1.jpg

  7. #907

    Default

    Hello everyone, I'm a bit new to Serebii, and as I was browsing through the clubs I spotted this one. I hope it's alright if I join.

    Quote Originally Posted by XxM!styxX View Post
    Do you think we're nearing the ends of times?
    I know, its a bit of an... intense topic but I can't be avoided. Especially looking at what time period we're living in. I strongly believe we are just because of all the signs that are being proven by Biblical prophecy... Know what I mean?
    My favorite Book of the Bible: Revelation.

    Anyway, that's a hard question to answer. Like the Apostle Peter said: "But do not forget one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day." (2 Peter 3:8)

    But it is obvious that we are getting close to the end times, but we won't know for sure until the instant it happens. Like Jesus Christ said; "No one knows about the day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." (Matthew 24:36) He also said: "Therefore keep watch, because you do not know on what day your Lord will come." (Matthew 24:42)

  8. #908
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Apartment 139
    Posts
    489

    Exclamation Please Pray

    Hey, I just wanted to let you CA people know about something I saw on the news. This girl who converted to Christianity from Islam ran away from her parents after she converted because she feared her parents would force her to go back to their home country and that she would be harmed because she converted. The article I saw said the investigation showed that there were no threats made to her. I think she has to go with her parents. I know that even though threats may not have been made to her out right that often Muslims in Middle Eastern/ Muslim dominated countries who convert to Christiany are persecuted. I think it would be a very good idea to pray earnestly for her. I have added her to my prayer list. I hope you all do too.
    But all things that are exposed are made manifest by the light, for whatever makes manifest is light.
    Therefore He says: "Awake, you who sleep, Arise from the dead, And Christ will give you light."
    See then that you walk circumspectly, not as fools but as wise, redeeming the time, because the days are evil. (Ephesians 5:13-15)



        Spoiler:- Friend Codes:

  9. #909
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Valinor: The Undying Lands
    Posts
    10

    Default

    I heard about that on the news. I also heard the girl's interviews. She's really scared... I'll definitely pray for her.
    I'm open for battling on Platinum, Battle Revolution, and SSBB!

    friend codes:
    Platinum: 4769 4088 0560
    Battle Revolution: will put later
    SSBB: will put later

    Lady GaGa: Taking the world by storm....ONE SEQUIN AT A TIME!

    98% OF TEENS WON'T STAND UP FOR GOD...
    REPOST THIS IN YOUR SIGNATURE IF YOU'RE ONE OF THE 2% WHO WILL


    http://s3.amazonaws.com/readers/2009...2010-wii_1.jpg

  10. #910
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Apartment 139
    Posts
    489

    Default

    Oh! One other thing I wanted to add. Her name is Rifqa Bary.
    But all things that are exposed are made manifest by the light, for whatever makes manifest is light.
    Therefore He says: "Awake, you who sleep, Arise from the dead, And Christ will give you light."
    See then that you walk circumspectly, not as fools but as wise, redeeming the time, because the days are evil. (Ephesians 5:13-15)



        Spoiler:- Friend Codes:

  11. #911
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Placeville, USA
    Posts
    1,293

    Default

    Lightshadow, you're in. If I remember later, you will be added to the list. If I forget, don't worry too much about it. =/ Feel welcome to start your own topic. We won't bite much. =D

    End times? Definately soon. If I recall, we talked about this semi-recently. But whatever. As mentioned before, no one knows when Jesus will return. All we can do is be ready for it. I'm too tired to remember where exactly it is, but Jesus said that we should always be ready since He will be coming like a thief in the night.

    I'll be praying. I heard somewhere that Muslims generally kill Muslims who convert to something else. I'm not an expert on the subject so don't take me for the last word. But I'm pretty sure that's what the Qu'ran says anyways....
    Pikawho: 5413 5779 3126 (Pt) / 4941 7679 5057 (SS) / 0474 5386 6385 (Pearl) / 2795 0047 2273 (Black) / 2148 8311 0090 (3DS)

    Pic by Giygas.
    Owner of the ChristianAlliance

    "Awake, my soul, give me eyes to see the King exalted, deserving and worthy. Awake, my soul, give me words to speak among the nations proclaiming Your glory.
    OH, HOW YOU'VE PROVEN THAT THERE IS NO ONE LIKE YOU! EVER FAITHFUL TO SUCH FAITHLESS MEN LIKE US!"
    Wolves at the Gate - Awaken

  12. #912

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pikawho? View Post
    I'm too tired to remember where exactly it is, but Jesus said that we should always be ready since He will be coming like a thief in the night.
    Revelation 16:15


    Quote Originally Posted by Pikawho? View Post
    I'll be praying. I heard somewhere that Muslims generally kill Muslims who convert to something else. I'm not an expert on the subject so don't take me for the last word. But I'm pretty sure that's what the Qu'ran says anyways....
    I'll pray for Rifqa Bary as well.

    Edit: I just looked up what the Qur'an says about Muslims who convert to a different religion. The Qur'an says that a Muslim should not hurt an ex-Muslim because the right to punish belongs only to Allah.

    Unfortunatly, not all Muslims follow what the Qur'an says. In Muslim society, any Muslim who converts to another religion is usually sentenced to death.
    Last edited by LightShadow; 16th September 2009 at 10:48 PM.

  13. #913
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Valinor: The Undying Lands
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LightShadow View Post

    Edit: I just looked up what the Qur'an says about Muslims who convert to a different religion. The Qur'an says that a Muslim should not hurt an ex-Muslim because the right to punish belongs only to Allah.

    Unfortunatly, not all Muslims follow what the Qur'an says. In Muslim society, any Muslim who converts to another religion is usually sentenced to death.
    Wow. That surprises me.... What Muslim country is she from???? Does anyone know?
    I'm open for battling on Platinum, Battle Revolution, and SSBB!

    friend codes:
    Platinum: 4769 4088 0560
    Battle Revolution: will put later
    SSBB: will put later

    Lady GaGa: Taking the world by storm....ONE SEQUIN AT A TIME!

    98% OF TEENS WON'T STAND UP FOR GOD...
    REPOST THIS IN YOUR SIGNATURE IF YOU'RE ONE OF THE 2% WHO WILL


    http://s3.amazonaws.com/readers/2009...2010-wii_1.jpg

  14. #914
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    969

    Default

    Wait, she lives in the US? Here's an article I found on her, is this right? o.0
    If it is, I totally understand. Its really strong of her to stand up against the will of her parents and that's why Jesus says that you should always put God first because even your family will turn on you when you do.
    I recently went to a Christian conference about missionaries and Martyrs (the name escapes me) but it dealt with the persecuted church and a missionary came up who was a Muslim that converted to Christianity and had to flea for his life from Iran because he was preaching the Word and explained to us how difficult it is to preach the Word to Muslims because they've been so brainwashed. I think its really sad and scary also.
    So another prayer request: pray for the Muslim community, that they may see the truth through all the lies they have been fed. Not bashing, just honesty.
    The Qu'ran also says that if a Muslim kills a nonbeliever he will go straight to heaven. And get his numerous concubines, of course.

    I will definitely be praying for that young girl and her strength to stand up for Christ.
    Pokeshipper
    (n.): Because we don't forget 5five
    seasons, 4four cameos, 3three supporters,
    2two gifts, and 1one departure worth of emotions.

  15. #915

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XxM!styxX View Post
    The Qu'ran also says that if a Muslim kills a nonbeliever he will go straight to heaven. And get his numerous concubines, of course.
    That's true, the Qur'an does say things like that. The Qur'an seems to contradict itself at various points, sometime saying not to hurt other humans, and sometimes saying that that they should make war against other people.

    This is a very dire situation for that girl. I hope that she remains safe.

    Credit for the baner goes to Shigeru-kun.

  16. #916
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    My Father's home
    Posts
    660

    Default

    Hello my Christian companions! While I'm no expert on other religions, I know some of Christianity's past. The Crusades, for example. That Muslim law of killing someone with another religion is kinda what Christians did for a while. In medieval times, they thought it was right to kill the enemy, it's was "God's will" dare I say (type) it... As long as memory serves from 1 year ago, I think that's the gist of it. (Here's the Wikipedia entry)

  17. #917

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Skillfulness View Post
    Hello my Christian companions! While I'm no expert on other religions, I know some of Christianity's past. The Crusades, for example. That Muslim law of killing someone with another religion is kinda what Christians did for a while. In medieval times, they thought it was right to kill the enemy, it's was "God's will" dare I say (type) it... As long as memory serves from 1 year ago, I think that's the gist of it. (Here's the Wikipedia entry)
    That's true. How can we condemn another nation when our own ancestors have committed the same sin? Like Jesus said: "If any one of you is without sin, let him be the first to throw the stone." (John 8:7)

    Nonetheless, that doesn't give justification to stand by and let them kill an innocent person. Quite the opposite.
    Last edited by LightShadow; 20th September 2009 at 11:53 PM.

    Credit for the baner goes to Shigeru-kun.

  18. #918
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    969

    Default

    Hello my Christian companions! While I'm no expert on other religions, I know some of Christianity's past. The Crusades, for example. That Muslim law of killing someone with another religion is kinda what Christians did for a while. In medieval times, they thought it was right to kill the enemy, it's was "God's will" dare I say (type) it... As long as memory serves from 1 year ago, I think that's the gist of it. (Here's the Wikipedia entry)
    Welcome ^^ The difference, though, is that those supposed "Christians" said it was God's will but nowhere in the Bible does it state any of that. They were acting on their own account. Unlike that, the Muslim Terrorists act on the exact words of the Qu'ran.
    Unforunately that's the truth.

    "If any one of you is without sin, let him be the first to throw the stone." (John 8:7)
    We're not judging based on our own standards, just based on God's.
    Pokeshipper
    (n.): Because we don't forget 5five
    seasons, 4four cameos, 3three supporters,
    2two gifts, and 1one departure worth of emotions.

  19. #919
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    My Father's home
    Posts
    660

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XxM!styxX View Post
    Welcome ^^ The difference, though, is that those supposed "Christians" said it was God's will but nowhere in the Bible does it state any of that. They were acting on their own account.

    We're not judging based on our own standards, just based on God's.
    Thanks. That was my opinion. They acted on their own account, believing it was what God wanted. The nerve...

    I like the second part you put in. That's what I'll yell at people when they swear

  20. #920
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    969

    Default

    Thanks. That was my opinion. They acted on their own account, believing it was what God wanted. The nerve...

    I like the second part you put in. That's what I'll yell at people when they swear
    Hehe! IKR! I do that all the time!
    P1: omgz!
    Me: you shouldn't use God's name in vain
    P1: why? cuz God says so?
    Me: Pretty muchhh
    P1: Aww f*****balbalblabblba (i didnt say the word, I just put the * )
    Me: On whose standards are you basing that bad vocabulary?!
    P1: you can't judge me!
    Me: Well I'm not judging on my standards, I'm judging by God's. Have a nice day <3
    P1: o.o

    ^__^ Show Jesus' love through calm and straightforward answers that confuse people!
    I love you guys, I especially love your banner ^
    Pokeshipper
    (n.): Because we don't forget 5five
    seasons, 4four cameos, 3three supporters,
    2two gifts, and 1one departure worth of emotions.

  21. #921
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The bottom of a lake
    Posts
    640

    Default

    Hi guys. I know I haven't been here, but I found this cute Bible video. I thought it was funny ^_^

    I feel like I should say something, but I'm not sure what.... Well, I'm going to be confirmed this year, and I've decided that my confirmation saint will be Saint Elizabeth of Hungary. She was a wonderful person, and sometimes I pray to her to help me and be better and strong like she was.

    So...yeah...

    WAIT:
    Do you think we're nearing the end of times?

    Honestly, I cannot say. It is impossible for me to tell whether the universe will end three years from now or three thousand years from now. We have no way of really telling until Christ comes, and what will come will come, we'll just have to meet it when it does.
    Last edited by starliteevee; 25th September 2009 at 1:12 AM.


    My fic, Drowning.
    Cye of the Torrent is my bishie.
    Credit to Sketchie of Coronet Designs

  22. #922
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    South Georgia
    Posts
    1,328

    Default

    Do you think we're nearing the end of times?
    Well, we are getting closer and closer to it everyday, aren't we?

    So, I got something cool to say. I got to meet Ken Ham yesterday! All I did was shake his hand and tell him how much I appreciated his work. Ken Ham is the founder of Answers in Genesis, an apologetics organization that is based on biblical creation. I also got a picture with him, but my camera was not on flash. So the picture was blurry.

    Also, I am going to see FOOTBALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I have learned recently that I love college football.
    About to do an X Scramble Challenge!!!
    Let me know if you would like to trade or battle!
    3DS Friend Code: 1779-0043-7163
    Name on 3DS: BT

  23. #923
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Out in the 'Verse
    Posts
    1,249

    Default

    tomorrow is a sad day for me. theres a Skillet AND Decyfer Down concert within an hour away of my house and i cant go for 2 reasons: 1) my parents dont drive through downtown Atlanta, cant say i blame them though. 2) i just found out thursday night, therefore cancelling out the possibility of a Youth trip. ive checked tour listings for both bands and that particular concert wasnt even on their websites until thursday. it makes me sad. if there is anyone here whos going (which i doubt) please tell me how it went.

    anyways, i need help. im a really profane person. i want to stop. in fact, my mom heard me say BS a few weeks ago, and the drum major at my school demands that i stop. any suggestions on how to stop?

  24. #924
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    969

    Default

    I got to meet Ken Ham yesterday!
    OMG YAY! We're watching his discussions in Bible Fellowship I <3 himm and Answers in Genesis!

    anyways, i need help. im a really profane person. i want to stop. in fact, my mom heard me say BS a few weeks ago, and the drum major at my school demands that i stop. any suggestions on how to stop?
    Aw =( I'm sorry to hear that, my younger sister has the same issue. Maybe it has to do with people you spend time with or music you listen to? If that's the problem, just get rid of the things that are profane around you and surround yourself with Christian people and things. You'll be surprised how quickly you stop because you feel weird using them when no one else is my friend who attends my church used to have that issue and has just found herself stopping because none of us curse--hence she just stopped.
    Its all about the right heart and God wil change you <3
    Pokeshipper
    (n.): Because we don't forget 5five
    seasons, 4four cameos, 3three supporters,
    2two gifts, and 1one departure worth of emotions.

  25. #925
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    My Father's home
    Posts
    660

    Default

    Hey... has anyone ever heard of Katie Vaudrey?

Page 37 of 155 FirstFirst ... 273334353637383940414787137 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •