Page 53 of 155 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103153 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,325 of 3856

Thread: SPPF Christian Alliance

  1. #1301
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    39

    Default

    I have a question. At school, I told someone who I liked and I shouldn't have trusted him, he told kids in my class so now everyone in my class knows the name of the girl I like. They found out who the two kids in my youth group in my grade are and they told one of them, he didn't tell anyone, they are planning to tell the other soon. I found out today from the other one's brother that the other one can maybe be trusted I asked him if that was in a bad way or a good way and he said a bad way. What should I do?
    [IMG]http://i31.*******.com/25ph6b6.png[/IMG]
    If you believe in Jesus Christ put this in your profile and don't just ignore this, because in the Bible it says, ‘If you deny me, I will deny you in front of my Father in the gates of Heaven.

  2. #1302
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Somewhere in Jhoto .........
    Posts
    982

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chosen_one386 View Post
    Oh. How old are you usually when you are...at the end of college?
    We're usually 18! So I believe that is the age you are when you leave High School!

    @ Lucario the best advice I can give you is to pray to God about it. I myself am not very good with relationship advice but God will be excellent at this. Pray to him about your situation and show him your fears and worries about what's going to happen and if you do this then I'm sure he will guide you! May I ask how old you are?

    And can I ask for prayer for exams! I have 12 exams in the next 3 weeks and I would really love to have prayer to not worry and be able to get through them and do what I can so I can have a future to help reflect God.

    Most Recent Chapter - Chapter 31: Don't Forget Me - Posted 26/01/13
    Credits to Sweet May and DanChimchar

    I will pursue You, I will pursue Your presence

  3. #1303
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    39

    Default

    I'm 14-going to be 15 in September. Why?
    [IMG]http://i31.*******.com/25ph6b6.png[/IMG]
    If you believe in Jesus Christ put this in your profile and don't just ignore this, because in the Bible it says, ‘If you deny me, I will deny you in front of my Father in the gates of Heaven.

  4. #1304
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Somewhere in Jhoto .........
    Posts
    982

    Default

    I was wondering primarily because I was just thinking how long term these relationships may or may not be. Personally I would say from my expereince that dating Christians is probably the best because I found I got carried away and unfortuantely things didn't always go well because God wasn't competlely in the relationship because one person wasn't a devouted follower.

    That's probably my advice on the situation!

    Most Recent Chapter - Chapter 31: Don't Forget Me - Posted 26/01/13
    Credits to Sweet May and DanChimchar

    I will pursue You, I will pursue Your presence

  5. #1305
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    3,087

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by harryheart View Post
    We're usually 18! So I believe that is the age you are when you leave High School!

    And can I ask for prayer for exams! I have 12 exams in the next 3 weeks and I would really love to have prayer to not worry and be able to get through them and do what I can so I can have a future to help reflect God.
    Yeah, it is. Sometimes, we graduate at 17 depending on what time of the year we were born in, but I'm graduating at 18.

    Wow! That's a lot of exams! Good luck and I'll be praying for you. Just think about vacation afterward.

    At Lucario, maybe it's best that you keep who you like a secret next time. For now, just take it in stride. Has this girl heard this secret yet? If she had, maybe this is a good time to make a move and ask her out. I'm not good at relationship advice, but I also think you should look at how this girl acts and behaves as a Christian before you make such a move.

  6. #1306
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    39

    Default

    As far as I know, she doesn't know. As far as I know there are three people in youth group[2kids, 1leader] that know and they aren't going to tell her. Above I told about 1 that is on the verge of finding out from kids in my class.
    [IMG]http://i31.*******.com/25ph6b6.png[/IMG]
    If you believe in Jesus Christ put this in your profile and don't just ignore this, because in the Bible it says, ‘If you deny me, I will deny you in front of my Father in the gates of Heaven.

  7. #1307
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Somewhere in Jhoto .........
    Posts
    982

    Default

    Thanks Chosen! I'm hoping to be able to do well so I have a future where I'm able to do something for God!

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucario7777777 View Post
    As far as I know, she doesn't know. As far as I know there are three people in youth group[2kids, 1leader] that know and they aren't going to tell her. Above I told about 1 that is on the verge of finding out from kids in my class.
    If she isn't Christian then it might be a bad move to make at the moment is what I can suggest, I'm not saying don't but I'm saying that God is always a good person to turn to for advice on these matters.

    Most Recent Chapter - Chapter 31: Don't Forget Me - Posted 26/01/13
    Credits to Sweet May and DanChimchar

    I will pursue You, I will pursue Your presence

  8. #1308
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Apartment 139
    Posts
    489

    Default

    I aggre totally HH. You said this girl is from your youth group, right? She probably is one, but to foind out you could ask what some one or more of the leaders think. I'll just restate what others have said: it probably isn't a good idea to get into a boyfriend-girlfriend relationship at this age. Friendship is the best place start for a relationship.
    But all things that are exposed are made manifest by the light, for whatever makes manifest is light.
    Therefore He says: "Awake, you who sleep, Arise from the dead, And Christ will give you light."
    See then that you walk circumspectly, not as fools but as wise, redeeming the time, because the days are evil. (Ephesians 5:13-15)



        Spoiler:- Friend Codes:

  9. #1309
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    3,087

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShinySandshrew View Post
    I aggre totally HH. You said this girl is from your youth group, right? She probably is one, but to foind out you could ask what some one or more of the leaders think. I'll just restate what others have said: it probably isn't a good idea to get into a boyfriend-girlfriend relationship at this age. Friendship is the best place start for a relationship.
    I concur. With all of the distractions you have at this time in your life, it might not be wise to get into such a relationship just yet. I'd wait one or two years.

    Even in college, it can be a distraction. My English teacher's nephew was put on academic probation because he didn't do the required work...because he was distracted by a new girlfriend. Caution is always the key.

    So, last night I graduated from high school. My speech went over very well, and I praise God for that because I had such a hard time writing it.

  10. #1310
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Placeville, USA
    Posts
    1,293

    Default

    I know I mentioned this a few pages back, but to reiterate what I said (and what Sandshrew just posted) just focus on building friendships at this point. You're too young to be thinking about bf/gf relationships at this point. Even though many people around you may have gfs and whatnot, doesn't mean you need to. How many of their relationships actually last? Dating isn't a game. Don't worry about it till you're older. It's not necessarily bad that you like someone, I just think you're thinking a little too much about all this. I know you don't want to hear this, but I think you should just let go of your feelings for her and just get to know her through friendship. If she's the one God intended for you, then He'll make it clear. Otherwise, just pray and wait about this. You've got alot of life left to live and alot of things to learn.

    A side note, it's never a good idea to tell your friends who you like. Cause it will spread, unless you absolutely know that they won't tell anyone. The only people you should tell are your parents and your youth pastor, cause they can help you. I'm not sure what your parents view on dating is but you can prolly talk to them about it.

    Chosen_one, glad to hear that your speech went well. Those can be tough to do.

    Anywho, I'ma make an announcement that I meant to make a bit ago but didn't cause I'm lazy....But I'm promoting ShinySandshrew to co-owner. I feel like he's got what it takes to help lead this club. Congrats, dude.
    Last edited by Pikawho?; 26th May 2010 at 6:39 PM.
    Pikawho: 5413 5779 3126 (Pt) / 4941 7679 5057 (SS) / 0474 5386 6385 (Pearl) / 2795 0047 2273 (Black) / 2148 8311 0090 (3DS)

    Pic by Giygas.
    Owner of the ChristianAlliance

    "Awake, my soul, give me eyes to see the King exalted, deserving and worthy. Awake, my soul, give me words to speak among the nations proclaiming Your glory.
    OH, HOW YOU'VE PROVEN THAT THERE IS NO ONE LIKE YOU! EVER FAITHFUL TO SUCH FAITHLESS MEN LIKE US!"
    Wolves at the Gate - Awaken

  11. #1311
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    39

    Default

    For a second when I read youth pastor I was thinking pastor of the whole church. At my church, we have two pastors. One of them is the girl I like's dad, so I don't want to tell him. But then I noticed you said youth pastor so that makes a difference.
    [IMG]http://i31.*******.com/25ph6b6.png[/IMG]
    If you believe in Jesus Christ put this in your profile and don't just ignore this, because in the Bible it says, ‘If you deny me, I will deny you in front of my Father in the gates of Heaven.

  12. #1312
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Somewhere in Jhoto .........
    Posts
    982

    Default

    I'm actually really liking this discussion because it has helped put some things into perspective for me : )

    Also Chosen congratulations are in order and you are most definitely correct that God will guide us!

    Most Recent Chapter - Chapter 31: Don't Forget Me - Posted 26/01/13
    Credits to Sweet May and DanChimchar

    I will pursue You, I will pursue Your presence

  13. #1313
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Apartment 139
    Posts
    489

    Default

    Yes, congratulations, Chosen! I hope you get an enjoyable break before going off to collge or whatever. BTW, I think you mean not necessarily bad, right Pikawho?
    But all things that are exposed are made manifest by the light, for whatever makes manifest is light.
    Therefore He says: "Awake, you who sleep, Arise from the dead, And Christ will give you light."
    See then that you walk circumspectly, not as fools but as wise, redeeming the time, because the days are evil. (Ephesians 5:13-15)



        Spoiler:- Friend Codes:

  14. #1314
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Placeville, USA
    Posts
    1,293

    Default

    ^Right. I was just reading through my post and saw that I had left it out by mistake. Changes the meaning a bit. It's fixed now....lol
    Pikawho: 5413 5779 3126 (Pt) / 4941 7679 5057 (SS) / 0474 5386 6385 (Pearl) / 2795 0047 2273 (Black) / 2148 8311 0090 (3DS)

    Pic by Giygas.
    Owner of the ChristianAlliance

    "Awake, my soul, give me eyes to see the King exalted, deserving and worthy. Awake, my soul, give me words to speak among the nations proclaiming Your glory.
    OH, HOW YOU'VE PROVEN THAT THERE IS NO ONE LIKE YOU! EVER FAITHFUL TO SUCH FAITHLESS MEN LIKE US!"
    Wolves at the Gate - Awaken

  15. #1315
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    3,087

    Default

    Thanks, guys. I move into college in late August.

  16. #1316
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Somewhere in Jhoto .........
    Posts
    982

    Default

    Yea well done Chosen! And its quite nice to stand and talk knowing God is on your side : )

    Also at my youth group on sunday we were talking about grace and the speaker gave an example of his mate who really beat himself up after commiting a certain sin and how he would become quite depressed in a way and not be able to forgive himself, however though Jesus is the person who has freed us and it doesn't matter whether we sin or not because we have God's grace. And after a course this said person then realised how he needed to be rewarded with the knowledge of God's grace and so whenever he commited this sin he would by himself a flapjack (which we were told was his favourite snack) and just remind himself of God's grace. I thought this was a brilliant example to follow.

    Most Recent Chapter - Chapter 31: Don't Forget Me - Posted 26/01/13
    Credits to Sweet May and DanChimchar

    I will pursue You, I will pursue Your presence

  17. #1317
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Following that star
    Posts
    1,423

    Lightbulb Tuesday's Story

    Quote Originally Posted by Pikawho? View Post
    Anywho, I'ma make an announcement that I meant to make a bit ago but didn't cause I'm lazy....But I'm promoting ShinySandshrew to co-owner. I feel like he's got what it takes to help lead this club. Congrats, dude.
    Yes, I must second the congratulations to my younger brother. Keep up the good work ShinySandshrew!

    BTW Pikawho?, I asked to join a while back, but I don't think I was added to the list. Would you please? It would be great if I was added as a member officially.

    Also, ShinySandshrew and I are about to return from a vacation with our family, and I thought you all might enjoy a page out of the trip log I've been (sorta) keeping:

    Tuesday, May 18 (yes, I meant to post this earlier):
    I was jarred awake at precisely 5:40 in the morning. Apparently someone had set the alarm radio to go off. So, I tried to find a way to turn off the radio, which was difficult considering how dark it was. As I was trying to find my flashlight (and trying to get myself properly awake for the task of turning off the music), I heard the line, "crucified with Christ" several times in the song playing on the radio. That song ended and another began--"What a Savior" by Laura Story--a very good song. When I finally shut the alarm off, it was 5:42.

    I have two theories on why this happened:
    (1) A very forgetful Christian occupied our hotel room previously who had to wake up at 5:40 A.M.
    (2) Someone attempting to be mean set the alarm for 5:40 A.M. and chose a Christian radio station thinking it would be the most annoying thing possible.

    Well...the fact that we woke up so early was very annoying anyway.

    Sprites ripped by Yoshi Clone of spritersresource.com. Banner by my brother ShinySandshrew.

  18. #1318
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    3,087

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by harryheart View Post
    Yea well done Chosen! And its quite nice to stand and talk knowing God is on your side : )

    Also at my youth group on sunday we were talking about grace and the speaker gave an example of his mate who really beat himself up after commiting a certain sin and how he would become quite depressed in a way and not be able to forgive himself, however though Jesus is the person who has freed us and it doesn't matter whether we sin or not because we have God's grace. And after a course this said person then realised how he needed to be rewarded with the knowledge of God's grace and so whenever he commited this sin he would by himself a flapjack (which we were told was his favourite snack) and just remind himself of God's grace. I thought this was a brilliant example to follow.
    Hrm, I do like that story, though I don't know what a flapjack is...

    Wait..it's a pancake. In the Southern US, we call it a pancake...I think. XD

    Quote Originally Posted by TheFightingPikachu View Post
    Yes, I must second the congratulations to my younger brother. Keep up the good work ShinySandshrew!

    BTW Pikawho?, I asked to join a while back, but I don't think I was added to the list. Would you please? It would be great if I was added as a member officially.

    Also, ShinySandshrew and I are about to return from a vacation with our family, and I thought you all might enjoy a page out of the trip log I've been (sorta) keeping:

    Tuesday, May 18 (yes, I meant to post this earlier):
    I was jarred awake at precisely 5:40 in the morning. Apparently someone had set the alarm radio to go off. So, I tried to find a way to turn off the radio, which was difficult considering how dark it was. As I was trying to find my flashlight (and trying to get myself properly awake for the task of turning off the music), I heard the line, "crucified with Christ" several times in the song playing on the radio. That song ended and another began--"What a Savior" by Laura Story--a very good song. When I finally shut the alarm off, it was 5:42.

    I have two theories on why this happened:
    (1) A very forgetful Christian occupied our hotel room previously who had to wake up at 5:40 A.M.
    (2) Someone attempting to be mean set the alarm for 5:40 A.M. and chose a Christian radio station thinking it would be the most annoying thing possible.

    Well...the fact that we woke up so early was very annoying anyway.
    I'd like to think it's your first theory.

  19. #1319
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Somewhere in Jhoto .........
    Posts
    982

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chosen_one386 View Post
    Hrm, I do like that story, though I don't know what a flapjack is...
    It's like an oaty snack that is bonded together by Golden Syrup (honey) and they can sometimes be filled with chocolate chips or different pieces of fruit! lol

    Most Recent Chapter - Chapter 31: Don't Forget Me - Posted 26/01/13
    Credits to Sweet May and DanChimchar

    I will pursue You, I will pursue Your presence

  20. #1320
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    3,087

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by harryheart View Post
    It's like an oaty snack that is bonded together by Golden Syrup (honey) and they can sometimes be filled with chocolate chips or different pieces of fruit! lol
    Oh...that sounds good. I wish we had those here.

  21. #1321
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Apartment 139
    Posts
    489

    Default

    Mmmmm...flapjacks. My mom makes some pretty good pancakes ('nother name for flapjacks).

    Well, I'm excited to use my new powers (ha ha) for the first time! I will...SUGGEST A NEW TOPIC!

    Today, my fam and I were at friends house. We have a movie called "Timechanger" that we hadn't ever watched but one of my friends had. So we brought it over to their house and watched it. It was incredible! It's set in the 1800's where one Bible professor suggests that we can teach morality without saying that our morals come from Jesus. So one colleague disputes this and shows the professor a time machine he has invented. He soon sends him 100 years into the future to show him where this kind of teaching leads.

    I highly recommend this movie! This movie clearly illustrates that morals must be founded on the Bible or else they will fail.

    So. Hows about we discuss people/incidents we have met/seen that are amoral/immoral and how we can use the Bible to defend the faith?

    EDIT: That was a lame atempt. Let me get a better one. What would you do if you were thrown forward (or backward) 100 years in time? How would you cope? What Bible verses would you use to help you keep your sanity?
    Last edited by ShinySandshrew; 1st June 2010 at 4:34 PM.
    But all things that are exposed are made manifest by the light, for whatever makes manifest is light.
    Therefore He says: "Awake, you who sleep, Arise from the dead, And Christ will give you light."
    See then that you walk circumspectly, not as fools but as wise, redeeming the time, because the days are evil. (Ephesians 5:13-15)



        Spoiler:- Friend Codes:

  22. #1322
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Somewhere in Jhoto .........
    Posts
    982

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShinySandshrew View Post
    EDIT: That was a lame atempt. Let me get a better one. What would you do if you were thrown forward (or backward) 100 years in time? How would you cope? What Bible verses would you use to help you keep your sanity?
    Firstly I'm so glad you edited that! I was very confused by your last set of questions lol.

    If I was sent 100 years into the future then I think I'd feel very out of place because I presume at that point things will be a lot different than they are now... maybe for the good part however concerning the Lord it seems like more people in the Western World are gradually slipping away from Christ and more people are living the way they want to. So in a future with the defnite possibility of more gadgets and tech I think that this will really dampen the growth of Christianity. So I'd take with me the teachings by Jesus that less is more and that (like the prodical son) if we are let loose to do things our way and with what we want we make things worse.

    Most Recent Chapter - Chapter 31: Don't Forget Me - Posted 26/01/13
    Credits to Sweet May and DanChimchar

    I will pursue You, I will pursue Your presence

  23. #1323
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    3,087

    Default

    Basically, I can see in a hundred years the world looking like Orwell's 1984. No joke. From how America is slowly slipping into communism and atheism, its not really a stretch of the mind. It would be hard for me to cope with this, but what is best is not to lose my head while I am there. It's best to keep the Bible with me at all times so as not to lose faith or myself.

  24. #1324
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Wherever Jesus is !
    Posts
    439

    Default Sorry for not being on in a while

    Hey everyone, I'm finally back! And I'm sorry for being away since apparently May 6th. See, I was dealing with some issues, the main one having to turn my laptop. I also had some school stuff to deal with, due to having my last week of high school. Now, I wanna give it up for our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ! Because now, as of last Saturday, I am officially done with high school for good! WOOHOO! Not only that, but my family and I have been dealing with financial issues, big time financial issues. Thankfully, Jesus has been helping us out through it all, and I'm so thankful to him for it. I'm finally back, and I plan to hopefully be on more in the future.
    98% of teens won't stand up for God.
    Be one of the 2% that will, copy this in your signature.

    I'm a hardcore christian first, and a pokemon trainer second

    Pokemon Master J.FREAK

    SoulSilver friend code: 3653-3029-0235
    Name: Passion

    Platinum friend code: 0775-0192-0239


    I don't use legendary ubers, I make my own ubers. HA!

    if you believe that pokemon deserve to be cared for please join our club

    http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b5...NARUTOclub.png



    Yatta, everyone join in the apple dance just like Ryuk! lol

  25. #1325
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    3,087

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pokemaster394 View Post
    Hey everyone, I'm finally back! And I'm sorry for being away since apparently May 6th. See, I was dealing with some issues, the main one having to turn my laptop. I also had some school stuff to deal with, due to having my last week of high school. Now, I wanna give it up for our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ! Because now, as of last Saturday, I am officially done with high school for good! WOOHOO! Not only that, but my family and I have been dealing with financial issues, big time financial issues. Thankfully, Jesus has been helping us out through it all, and I'm so thankful to him for it. I'm finally back, and I plan to hopefully be on more in the future.
    Awesomenest! *high five* Congratulations on graduating!

Page 53 of 155 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103153 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •