Page 54 of 155 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864104154 ... LastLast
Results 1,326 to 1,350 of 3856

Thread: SPPF Christian Alliance

  1. #1326
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Out in the 'Verse
    Posts
    1,249

    Default

    oh crap. what to do? i need some serious help. last night my friend ran away from her house and was missing for about 3 hours. before school ended, she kept telling me that she was gonna run away. i didnt know that she was serious. i shouldve guessed she was because she told me that she was going through depression for various reasons, the only reason i can remember is both her grandfathers have passed away in the past year. i dont know what to do. i have no means of contacting her; i dont know her number, i dont know where she lives, shes only on facebook on weekends, and always when im not. what can i do? praying is checked off on what i can do.

  2. #1327
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Apartment 139
    Posts
    489

    Default

    Well, first suggestion would be to talk to her parents and find out when the last time they saw her was. Also, ask if she left some kind of note. I don't know if this is the case, but ask her parents and friends who saw her last if they saw anyone strange hanging around the house (or whever she was) before she disappeared. I don't know if we can rule out the possiblilty of kidnapping. See if she mentioned somewhere that she wanted to go, someplace that she had to be (in another town, state, country etc.) Most importantly, see if the police have been notified. I do not know anything about her situation, but she may being doing it for attention and will come back after a few days. Until then, keeping praying and keeping investigating! (Within the bounds of the law, of course.)
    But all things that are exposed are made manifest by the light, for whatever makes manifest is light.
    Therefore He says: "Awake, you who sleep, Arise from the dead, And Christ will give you light."
    See then that you walk circumspectly, not as fools but as wise, redeeming the time, because the days are evil. (Ephesians 5:13-15)



        Spoiler:- Friend Codes:

  3. #1328
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    3,087

    Default

    I know this is a scary situation, but, in addition to the advice ShinySandshrew gave you, you need to stay calm and keep faith. This is one of those times when people start questioning God and asking "why?" You should make this a faith strengthening experience. I'll be praying for your friend, and I hope that she was not kidnapped.

  4. #1329
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Following that star
    Posts
    1,427

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chosen_one386 View Post
    Basically, I can see in a hundred years the world looking like Orwell's 1984. No joke. From how America is slowly slipping into communism and atheism, its not really a stretch of the mind. It would be hard for me to cope with this, but what is best is not to lose my head while I am there. It's best to keep the Bible with me at all times so as not to lose faith or myself.
    It might not even take a hundred years. For example, if you doubt evolution, people accuse you of "hating science," or "wanting people to turn off their minds." If you don't believe homosexuality is acceptable, you are described as "full of hate," or "bigoted." (Yet secular people who keep illegal drugs illegal are not accused of "hating druggies" or any nonsense like that.) Considering these semantical tricks, it seems like we may already be very close to that.

    Quote Originally Posted by pokemaster394 View Post
    Hey everyone, I'm finally back! And I'm sorry for being away since apparently May 6th. See, I was dealing with some issues, the main one having to turn my laptop. I also had some school stuff to deal with, due to having my last week of high school. Now, I wanna give it up for our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ! Because now, as of last Saturday, I am officially done with high school for good! WOOHOO! Not only that, but my family and I have been dealing with financial issues, big time financial issues. Thankfully, Jesus has been helping us out through it all, and I'm so thankful to him for it. I'm finally back, and I plan to hopefully be on more in the future.
    Congratulations on completing high school! And glad to have you back!

    Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Feraligatr View Post
    oh crap. what to do? i need some serious help. last night my friend ran away from her house and was missing for about 3 hours. before school ended, she kept telling me that she was gonna run away. i didnt know that she was serious. i shouldve guessed she was because she told me that she was going through depression for various reasons, the only reason i can remember is both her grandfathers have passed away in the past year. i dont know what to do. i have no means of contacting her; i dont know her number, i dont know where she lives, shes only on facebook on weekends, and always when im not. what can i do? praying is checked off on what i can do.
    I may sound like the "over-the-internet grump," for giving this piece of advice, but perhaps it is best if you do not check praying off your list. Keep it up because you will most likely need more prayer.

    Now here's something important: At the beginning of this month, one of the mods posted a Member Survey that I believe we should all take part in. One of the categories is "best sppf club" and the Christian Alliance already has at least four votes. If we vote, we may just win. (And *cough*voteTheFightingPikachubestdebater*cough*)

    This may be very important.

    Sprites ripped by Yoshi Clone of spritersresource.com. Banner by my brother ShinySandshrew.

  5. #1330
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Somewhere in Jhoto .........
    Posts
    982

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheFightingPikachu View Post
    Now here's something important: At the beginning of this month, one of the mods posted a Member Survey that I believe we should all take part in. One of the categories is "best sppf club" and the Christian Alliance already has at least four votes. If we vote, we may just win. (And *cough*voteTheFightingPikachubestdebater*cough*)
    Yes I enjoyed entering that one actually and yes we should most definitely enter it. And I absolouitely laughed at the last bit about voting for you lol!

    And at Darth_Feraligator I would have to agree with what everyone else has said. And I would totally agree with what others have said about not giving up faith and also keep praying!

    Most Recent Chapter - Chapter 31: Don't Forget Me - Posted 26/01/13
    Credits to Sweet May and DanChimchar

    I will pursue You, I will pursue Your presence

  6. #1331
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Apartment 139
    Posts
    489

    Default

    I have been so forgetful in posting this. I have a prayer request regarding a cousin of mine. My cousin was pregnant and was having some trouble during the pregnancy. While my fam and I were vacationing in the town she lives in, she was in and out of the hospital. The doctors thought she had electrolyte imbalances. She aslo had a hard time keeping things down for about four days. She even collapsed after she had been sent home to have some bedrest (she decide to get up when she wasn't supposed to >.<). Thankfully, the baby was born and is healthy, but my cousin is still having problems. During a (screening? examination? not sure) the doctors found that her throat was very torn up. She finally admitted that she had been throwing up for five months! Please pray that the doctors will find what is causing the problems and please pray for the people who are taking care of the new baby since my cousin is in the hospital. *Whew!*
    But all things that are exposed are made manifest by the light, for whatever makes manifest is light.
    Therefore He says: "Awake, you who sleep, Arise from the dead, And Christ will give you light."
    See then that you walk circumspectly, not as fools but as wise, redeeming the time, because the days are evil. (Ephesians 5:13-15)



        Spoiler:- Friend Codes:

  7. #1332
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    The Deep Dark Hills of East KY
    Posts
    2,082

    Default

    Hi,I would like to join this club.I repent when I was 7 during VBS about a mission video.I know that I haven`t done a good job for God recently,but I want to give Him all I can do.I start sinking after a while,but I want to give this my all.

    there's no Battle Frontier?!

  8. #1333
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Somewhere in Jhoto .........
    Posts
    982

    Default

    Hey welcome there : ) ^

    And ShinySandshrew - will most definitely pray for you and your familly!

    Most Recent Chapter - Chapter 31: Don't Forget Me - Posted 26/01/13
    Credits to Sweet May and DanChimchar

    I will pursue You, I will pursue Your presence

  9. #1334
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    3,087

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheFightingPikachu View Post
    It might not even take a hundred years. For example, if you doubt evolution, people accuse you of "hating science," or "wanting people to turn off their minds." If you don't believe homosexuality is acceptable, you are described as "full of hate," or "bigoted." (Yet secular people who keep illegal drugs illegal are not accused of "hating druggies" or any nonsense like that.) Considering these semantical tricks, it seems like we may already be very close to that.
    .
    Unfortunately, you may be right.

    Quote Originally Posted by ShinySandshrew View Post
    I have been so forgetful in posting this. I have a prayer request regarding a cousin of mine. My cousin was pregnant and was having some trouble during the pregnancy. While my fam and I were vacationing in the town she lives in, she was in and out of the hospital. The doctors thought she had electrolyte imbalances. She aslo had a hard time keeping things down for about four days. She even collapsed after she had been sent home to have some bedrest (she decide to get up when she wasn't supposed to >.<). Thankfully, the baby was born and is healthy, but my cousin is still having problems. During a (screening? examination? not sure) the doctors found that her throat was very torn up. She finally admitted that she had been throwing up for five months! Please pray that the doctors will find what is causing the problems and please pray for the people who are taking care of the new baby since my cousin is in the hospital. *Whew!*
    My goodness! I'll definintely be praying for your cousin and her baby.

  10. #1335
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Apartment 139
    Posts
    489

    Default

    LucarioWolf, you are now officially a member! If you haven't already, you may want to read the first post and the rules therein just so you're in the know. May you grow in the grace and knowledge of Lord Jesus Christ during your time here.
    But all things that are exposed are made manifest by the light, for whatever makes manifest is light.
    Therefore He says: "Awake, you who sleep, Arise from the dead, And Christ will give you light."
    See then that you walk circumspectly, not as fools but as wise, redeeming the time, because the days are evil. (Ephesians 5:13-15)



        Spoiler:- Friend Codes:

  11. #1336
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Placeville, USA
    Posts
    1,293

    Default

    ^I second that. Feel free to answer the current topic or make your own! =D

    And I'll be praying, SS.

    As for the topic: I'd probably be initially in shock. I think it'd be worse landing in the future than in the past since I wouldn't know how life is lived then wheras it'd be easier to adapt to a less-technology oriented society. It's obviously hypothetical so it's possible that I would lose my mind. But I'd probably use Jeremiah 29:11 to help me cope, trusting in the promise that He knows my future and will protect me in all things. As out-there as the situation sounds, I would just need to trust that He'd put me there for a reason and that I would just have to trust Him until it came time for me to do something.

    Anywho, the Next conference was great (see my post a page or two back). I was able to meet up with some old friends (some I expected to see and others I'd forgotten about). The teaching was simply amazing. The main thing I'm taking back from it all is just remembering that our source of spiritual growth is from and by God. We, by ourselves, are sinful and cannot do anything to grow in godliness apart from His grace. It's so easy to pat ourselves on the back when we overcome various areas of sin and to just forget that without God we'd still be running headlong into Hell. The messages can be downloaded from the site if you guys are bored and wanted to get some "holy points" during the summer.

    Random story I wanted to share from the conference: Three other friends and I were carrying our stuff from the hotel to the place where our parents were picking us up. After we crossed the street (safely at the end of the crosswalk) we hear screeching. We turned around to see a runaway taxi (it got sideswiped by some guy). Fortunately we had the time to run off to safety. Had we lingered a few seconds longer we would've been hit. No one was hurt, but we were again reminded that life is short and that nothing is ever in our control. (The last session was about eschatology (fancy word for "the end times") so it made things kinda eerie.)

    You guys prolly don't care, but I felt the need to share it since I felt that it shows how God takes care of us even when we don't realize it.
    Pikawho: 5413 5779 3126 (Pt) / 4941 7679 5057 (SS) / 0474 5386 6385 (Pearl) / 2795 0047 2273 (Black) / 2148 8311 0090 (3DS)

    Pic by Giygas.
    Owner of the ChristianAlliance

    "Awake, my soul, give me eyes to see the King exalted, deserving and worthy. Awake, my soul, give me words to speak among the nations proclaiming Your glory.
    OH, HOW YOU'VE PROVEN THAT THERE IS NO ONE LIKE YOU! EVER FAITHFUL TO SUCH FAITHLESS MEN LIKE US!"
    Wolves at the Gate - Awaken

  12. #1337
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    3,087

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pikawho? View Post

    Random story I wanted to share from the conference: Three other friends and I were carrying our stuff from the hotel to the place where our parents were picking us up. After we crossed the street (safely at the end of the crosswalk) we hear screeching. We turned around to see a runaway taxi (it got sideswiped by some guy). Fortunately we had the time to run off to safety. Had we lingered a few seconds longer we would've been hit. No one was hurt, but we were again reminded that life is short and that nothing is ever in our control. (The last session was about eschatology (fancy word for "the end times") so it made things kinda eerie.)

    You guys prolly don't care, but I felt the need to share it since I felt that it shows how God takes care of us even when we don't realize it.
    Whew, that is an eerie story. :O I'm glad you and your friends are safe and that the conference went well.

  13. #1338
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Somewhere in Jhoto .........
    Posts
    982

    Default

    ^ I completely agree with Chosen here and thanks for sharing. Instances like these always show me how much our Lord God is in control and how we just need to accept the terrible things that occur and be faithful.

    Most Recent Chapter - Chapter 31: Don't Forget Me - Posted 26/01/13
    Credits to Sweet May and DanChimchar

    I will pursue You, I will pursue Your presence

  14. #1339
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Placeville, USA
    Posts
    1,293

    Default

    One of the girls with us couldn't help but think of what would've happened if we decided to chat a bit longer with some old friends we ran into on our way out. But yeah, definitely need to thank God for protecting us. It's amazing how He can work in subtle ways and we just don't realize it.
    Pikawho: 5413 5779 3126 (Pt) / 4941 7679 5057 (SS) / 0474 5386 6385 (Pearl) / 2795 0047 2273 (Black) / 2148 8311 0090 (3DS)

    Pic by Giygas.
    Owner of the ChristianAlliance

    "Awake, my soul, give me eyes to see the King exalted, deserving and worthy. Awake, my soul, give me words to speak among the nations proclaiming Your glory.
    OH, HOW YOU'VE PROVEN THAT THERE IS NO ONE LIKE YOU! EVER FAITHFUL TO SUCH FAITHLESS MEN LIKE US!"
    Wolves at the Gate - Awaken

  15. #1340
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    3,087

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pikawho? View Post
    One of the girls with us couldn't help but think of what would've happened if we decided to chat a bit longer with some old friends we ran into on our way out. But yeah, definitely need to thank God for protecting us. It's amazing how He can work in subtle ways and we just don't realize it.
    >_< Yikes. I would have not wanted to think of what could happen...

  16. #1341
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    The Deep Dark Hills of East KY
    Posts
    2,082

    Default

    Thanks for the acceptance to the club.I have been checking about my heartbeat recently if it was functing properly.I used a blood presure machine at Walmart and it was beating at 108.I thnak god for lettting me stay here on earth and now he`s not finished with me yet.

    there's no Battle Frontier?!

  17. #1342
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    3,087

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LucarioWolf View Post
    Thanks for the acceptance to the club.I have been checking about my heartbeat recently if it was functing properly.I used a blood presure machine at Walmart and it was beating at 108.I thnak god for lettting me stay here on earth and now he`s not finished with me yet.
    That is good news. We rush through our daily lives without realizing that God has given us the gift of a heartbeat and breath to live.

  18. #1343
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Apartment 139
    Posts
    489

    Default

    Two things that I would like to share with you all:

    Aways back when I was reading through Psalms I found an interesting verse, "Seven times a day do I praise thee because of thy righteous judgments." (Psalm 119: 164)

    I decided to challenge myself to see if I could do that for a week and I will tell you even though I didn't always remember to praise God seven times a day, I noticed that I was more thankful. Of course, I don't remember to do that anymore so...I better start remembering again!

    While I was going over my memorization of Genesis 1, I noticed something interesting about the description of day four. " And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years: And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so. 16 And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also." (Genisis 1:14-16) I noticed that with other things, God names them, like the sea, heaven, etc, but he doesn't name the two great lights. Why? I have no clue. Anyone got an idea?
    But all things that are exposed are made manifest by the light, for whatever makes manifest is light.
    Therefore He says: "Awake, you who sleep, Arise from the dead, And Christ will give you light."
    See then that you walk circumspectly, not as fools but as wise, redeeming the time, because the days are evil. (Ephesians 5:13-15)



        Spoiler:- Friend Codes:

  19. #1344
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    My Father's home
    Posts
    660

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShinySandshrew View Post
    "And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years: And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so. 16 And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also." (Genisis 1:14-16) I noticed that with other things, God names them, like the sea, heaven, etc, but he doesn't name the two great lights. Why? I have no clue. Anyone got an idea?
    I have the slightest of one. I might be because He wished for His creation, humanity, to name them? Perhaps He didn't intened for them to have any names and when suddenly we called them the sun and moon, He thought, "Well, what clever names! Wish I had thought of that!" Joking aside, He did allow Adam to name the creatures of the Earth, so He might have wanted to allow him to name the 'great lights'. Those are my thoughts.

    More of my own thoughts. What if God's followers were completely devoted to Him? You've heard stories of Peter and Paul, times the Holy Spirit spoke to people, and miracles being performed all over. But you say, "That was all a long time ago." Nonetheless, those people were entrusting their entire lives to God and did whatever He asked for faithfully. What if we could be a generation that did just that? Could it be, that we would see miracles? The dead raised, the sick healed, the mute singing? Would the Holy Spirit flourish within our soul? Could we literally hear God, or see Him as Moses did? I believe it is possible. In fact, I'm sure there are people out there who live as those lived in the Bible. There's nothing stopping us from doing the same. So long as we completely devout our lives to Christ in heaven, we can do even great things than Jesus did. And, when you think about it, He's done so much for us, is it too much to ask for? He wants to help us and grow close to us. By being devoted to Him, He can do just that. Doesn't that sound wonderful?

  20. #1345
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    3,087

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Skillfulness View Post

    More of my own thoughts. What if God's followers were completely devoted to Him? You've heard stories of Peter and Paul, times the Holy Spirit spoke to people, and miracles being performed all over. But you say, "That was all a long time ago." Nonetheless, those people were entrusting their entire lives to God and did whatever He asked for faithfully. What if we could be a generation that did just that? Could it be, that we would see miracles? The dead raised, the sick healed, the mute singing? Would the Holy Spirit flourish within our soul? Could we literally hear God, or see Him as Moses did? I believe it is possible. In fact, I'm sure there are people out there who live as those lived in the Bible. There's nothing stopping us from doing the same. So long as we completely devout our lives to Christ in heaven, we can do even great things than Jesus did. And, when you think about it, He's done so much for us, is it too much to ask for? He wants to help us and grow close to us. By being devoted to Him, He can do just that. Doesn't that sound wonderful?
    It would be great, but we would have a lot of challenges to cover. Peter and Paul may have faced great opposition from people in their world, but they never had to stand up to the overwhelming athiestic society that is growing in America and Europe. People around the world have seemed to lose faith and are trying to drag us down with them. If only we could spread this devotion around the world...

    but how?

  21. #1346
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Somewhere in Jhoto .........
    Posts
    982

    Default

    Haha you didn't kill the club! I just had no idea what to say to that because you're words were so powerful. But I thought I'd give you all an account of such a powerful weekend I had with my Youth Leaders Mum and Dad's worship crew coming down to our church for the weekend:

    On Saturday for about 4 hours I was with them in my local church and it started off by playing a video of Loui Giglio and this story of two girls one of which being called Christa, anyway the story details her flatmate becoming a Christian and is told through this other girls diary! It is a definite watch however the ending is tragic so bring tissues! Even I had a few tears at this.

    We then moved into Worship and half way through one of the Welshman (called Steve I later found out) began to pray for me just starting it with the normal 'God you are so amazing and your love is so powerful' and then he took a bit of a break but was silently praying and suddenly said something so relevant to me, about my situation at the moment and for a while now and I wept with joy, because God had answered my prayers and had taken this burden from me and was caring for me - he has it all in control. And this for me was so touching because I haven't weapt in joy since my Mum passed away (just to clarify I wasn't weaping in joy at her death lol) and I couldn't hold back the tears this time round and kept on crying. This weekend really did touch me beyond my wildest dreams really and I was given a very amazing message from God and I'm never going to forget his love : )

    I hope I managed to put that into words!

    Most Recent Chapter - Chapter 31: Don't Forget Me - Posted 26/01/13
    Credits to Sweet May and DanChimchar

    I will pursue You, I will pursue Your presence

  22. #1347
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    39

    Default

    Sorry I haven't posted since page 68. This post may be long because of that.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pikawho?
    A side note, it's never a good idea to tell your friends who you like. Cause it will spread, unless you absolutely know that they won't tell anyone. The only people you should tell are your parents and your youth pastor, cause they can help you. I'm not sure what your parents view on dating is but you can prolly talk to them about it.
    I only have one friend outside of my youth group that I trust enough to tell them who I like. Back then I wasn't thinking and told one of my friends that I can't trust.

    Quote Originally Posted by harryheart
    I'm actually really liking this discussion because it has helped put some things into perspective for me : )
    Well, that's the benefit of threads like this.

    Quote Originally Posted by harryheart
    Also at my youth group on sunday we were talking about grace and the speaker gave an example of his mate who really beat himself up after commiting a certain sin and how he would become quite depressed in a way and not be able to forgive himself, however though Jesus is the person who has freed us and it doesn't matter whether we sin or not because we have God's grace. And after a course this said person then realised how he needed to be rewarded with the knowledge of God's grace and so whenever he commited this sin he would by himself a flapjack (which we were told was his favourite snack) and just remind himself of God's grace. I thought this was a brilliant example to follow.
    That's a good idea.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheFightingPikachu
    Tuesday, May 18 (yes, I meant to post this earlier):
    I was jarred awake at precisely 5:40 in the morning. Apparently someone had set the alarm radio to go off. So, I tried to find a way to turn off the radio, which was difficult considering how dark it was. As I was trying to find my flashlight (and trying to get myself properly awake for the task of turning off the music), I heard the line, "crucified with Christ" several times in the song playing on the radio. That song ended and another began--"What a Savior" by Laura Story--a very good song. When I finally shut the alarm off, it was 5:42.

    I have two theories on why this happened:
    (1) A very forgetful Christian occupied our hotel room previously who had to wake up at 5:40 A.M.
    (2) Someone attempting to be mean set the alarm for 5:40 A.M. and chose a Christian radio station thinking it would be the most annoying thing possible.

    Well...the fact that we woke up so early was very annoying anyway.
    It was probably the first theory, the second is less likely.

    Quote Originally Posted by chosen_one386
    Hrm, I do like that story, though I don't know what a flapjack is...
    A falpjack is another name for a pancake.

    Quote Originally Posted by ShinySandshrew
    What would you do if you were thrown forward (or backward) 100 years in time? How would you cope? What Bible verses would you use to help you keep your sanity?
    I have no idea what I would do. I would have to have that happen to know.

    Quote Originally Posted by pokemaster394
    the main one having to turn my laptop
    What do you mean by that?

    Quote Originally Posted by pokemaster394
    I am officially done with high school for good
    I finished middle school on June 11.

    Quote Originally Posted by DarthFeraligatr
    oh crap. what to do? i need some serious help. last night my friend ran away from her house and was missing for about 3 hours. before school ended, she kept telling me that she was gonna run away. i didnt know that she was serious. i shouldve guessed she was because she told me that she was going through depression for various reasons, the only reason i can remember is both her grandfathers have passed away in the past year. i dont know what to do. i have no means of contacting her; i dont know her number, i dont know where she lives, shes only on facebook on weekends, and always when im not. what can i do? praying is checked off on what i can do.
    First that's a sad story. Second I don't know what you should do, but keep praying. You pray until you can't pray anymore. And then you pray even more. Also I must agree with what everyone else said. And I'll be praying for you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pikawho?
    Random story I wanted to share from the conference: Three other friends and I were carrying our stuff from the hotel to the place where our parents were picking us up. After we crossed the street (safely at the end of the crosswalk) we hear screeching. We turned around to see a runaway taxi (it got sideswiped by some guy). Fortunately we had the time to run off to safety. Had we lingered a few seconds longer we would've been hit. No one was hurt, but we were again reminded that life is short and that nothing is ever in our control. (The last session was about eschatology (fancy word for "the end times") so it made things kinda eerie.)

    You guys prolly don't care, but I felt the need to share it since I felt that it shows how God takes care of us even when we don't realize it.
    That's a creepy story.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pikawho?
    One of the girls with us couldn't help but think of what would've happened if we decided to chat a bit longer with some old friends we ran into on our way out. But yeah, definitely need to thank God for protecting us. It's amazing how He can work in subtle ways and we just don't realize it.
    That's good you didn't, or else we would need a new leader(:

    Any people's posts I didn't show I had nothing to say about. And anyone that needs prayer that I listed or didn't list, I'll be praying for you.
    [IMG]http://i31.*******.com/25ph6b6.png[/IMG]
    If you believe in Jesus Christ put this in your profile and don't just ignore this, because in the Bible it says, ‘If you deny me, I will deny you in front of my Father in the gates of Heaven.

  23. #1348
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    3,087

    Default

    Well, after a long fight with Parkinson's, it seems as if my Grandpa is living his last few weeks on this Earth. Please pray for my mom, because she is taking this really hard.

  24. #1349
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    My Father's home
    Posts
    660

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chosen_one386 View Post
    Well, after a long fight with Parkinson's, it seems as if my Grandpa is living his last few weeks on this Earth. Please pray for my mom, because she is taking this really hard.
    Best of luck to you and your family. I've just added you to my mental prayer list.

    In the meantime... the book of Romans! If you haven't read it, even skimmed through it, I BEG you too! This book (written by Paul) covers so many issues that are completely forgotten. Quoted from my Bible, the purpose is "to introduce Paul to the Romans and to give a sample of his message before he arrives in Rome." And boy is his message intense! Probably the chapter I've been most captivated by is chapter six. Give it a good, long read, and then read it again. We've got no sin, to hold us down. To make us fret, to make us frown! (anybody like Pinocchio?)

  25. #1350
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In the Clouds
    Posts
    8

    Default

    Heyy guys! I last posted back in late January...I just didn't have time to SPPf since then. If anyone remembers I posted about getting help because I was going through a really rough time, I'm sorry I posted and then disappeared. I was dealing with normal life stuff and it was stressing me out and then two major things happened within a week of each other. It was too much at once but I finally was able to handle the bulk of it the next month.


    Quote Originally Posted by harryheart View Post
    We then moved into Worship and half way through one of the Welshman (called Steve I later found out) began to pray for me just starting it with the normal 'God you are so amazing and your love is so powerful' and then he took a bit of a break but was silently praying and suddenly said something so relevant to me, about my situation at the moment and for a while now and I wept with joy, because God had answered my prayers and had taken this burden from me and was caring for me - he has it all in control. And this for me was so touching because I haven't weapt in joy since my Mum passed away (just to clarify I wasn't weaping in joy at her death lol) and I couldn't hold back the tears this time round and kept on crying. This weekend really did touch me beyond my wildest dreams really and I was given a very amazing message from God and I'm never going to forget his love : )

    I hope I managed to put that into words!
    I had a similar experience at church two weeks ago! I didn't cry- I was just kind of shocked by the magnitude of it. It was very comforting to see/feel God's presence in my life and it gave me strength.

Page 54 of 155 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864104154 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •