Page 68 of 155 FirstFirst ... 185864656667686970717278118 ... LastLast
Results 1,676 to 1,700 of 3856

Thread: SPPF Christian Alliance

I'm officially done with my classes! Grades haven't been posted but I should have a 4.0 for the semester (4 courses and a lab). Congrats to you too, chosen one! It's always good to see your hard work rewarded. Thanks for the prayers errybody! =P

Salavoir, I hadn't heard of them either so don't worry about it.

Harry, that's a pretty good song! And this was your first one? Pretty impressive.

As for the vid, pretty ridiculous, but in a good way. If that makes sense. lol
    Pikawho: 5413 5779 3126 (Pt) / 4941 7679 5057 (SS) / 0474 5386 6385 (Pearl) / 2795 0047 2273 (Black) / 2148 8311 0090 (3DS)

Pic by Giygas.
    Owner of the ChristianAlliance

"Awake, my soul, give me eyes to see the King exalted, deserving and worthy. Awake, my soul, give me words to speak among the nations proclaiming Your glory.
    OH, HOW YOU'VE PROVEN THAT THERE IS NO ONE LIKE YOU! EVER FAITHFUL TO SUCH FAITHLESS MEN LIKE US!"
    Wolves at the Gate - Awaken

Quote Originally Posted by chosen_one386 View Post
    And, good news on my exam front. Final grades have not been finalized, but after a very harsh and trying semester, I have come out with a possible four A's and one B.
    That's amazing chosen well done. You certainly do work hard

Quote Originally Posted by Salavoir55 View Post
    On another note, that was the first time I've heard of Christingles. (I googled)
    The wonders of google eh? May I ask what it said because to be honest I don't really know what they are and am a lousy google searcher.

Quote Originally Posted by Pikawho? View Post
    Harry, that's a pretty good song! And this was your first one? Pretty impressive.

What is the numbering system of exams then? And thanks, and secondly I completely understand what you mean about the video.

Most Recent Chapter - Chapter 31: Don't Forget Me - Posted 26/01/13
    Credits to Sweet May and DanChimchar

I will pursue You, I will pursue Your presence

And, good news on my exam front. Final grades have not been finalized, but after a very harsh and trying semester, I have come out with a possible four A's and one B.

On another note, that was the first time I've heard of Christingles. (I googled)
    The wonders of google eh? May I ask what it said because to be honest I don't really know what they are and am a lousy google searcher.

Quote Originally Posted by Pikawho? View Post

What is the numbering system of exams then? And thanks, and secondly I completely understand what you mean about the video.

Quote Originally Posted by harryheart View Post

Aw, thank you guys. It was hard, but I'm glad I made it through the semester.

Numbering system? Like, the schedule or how the exams count toward your average?

Numbering system? Like, the schedule or how the exams count toward your average?
    That averagy thingy with the 0.0 thing. Me = confused :/

I know that other colleges have a more complex system (like, and A being worth a different value than an A+ or A-) but my college simply has an A count as 4pts, B's as 3 pts, and etc. It has benefitted me and hurt me so I think it's pretty fair system. Although, I'm ignorant to how other systems work, for clarifications sake, I simply got A's in all my classes. Most were high A's and there was one low one. So take it as you will. Regardless, I'm happy with the way things turned out.
    Last edited by Pikawho?; 22nd December 2010 at 7:41 PM.
    Pikawho: 5413 5779 3126 (Pt) / 4941 7679 5057 (SS) / 0474 5386 6385 (Pearl) / 2795 0047 2273 (Black) / 2148 8311 0090 (3DS)

Pic by Giygas.

"Awake, my soul, give me eyes to see the King exalted, deserving and worthy. Awake, my soul, give me words to speak among the nations proclaiming Your glory.
    OH, HOW YOU'VE PROVEN THAT THERE IS NO ONE LIKE YOU! EVER FAITHFUL TO SUCH FAITHLESS MEN LIKE US!"

Ah that clears it up a lot! Thanks guys

Well everyone, my grades were posted online. I got an A in my last class, too!

@Pikawho: Apparently, your college does the same thing mine does. My grade point average is 4.0.

@Harryhart: One thing that I dislike about some contemporay Christian music is when the songs use the name of God maybe once or twice. With these songs, it may be hard for non-Christians to understand that God is being talked about in these songs and that means that those songs may not be as effective as a witnessing tool.

Your song is not of the kind of songs I dislike. I think that your song is quite good!
    Last edited by ShinySandshrew; 23rd December 2010 at 1:30 AM.
    But all things that are exposed are made manifest by the light, for whatever makes manifest is light.
    Therefore He says: "Awake, you who sleep, Arise from the dead, And Christ will give you light."
    See then that you walk circumspectly, not as fools but as wise, redeeming the time, because the days are evil. (Ephesians 5:13-15)

Spoiler:- Friend Codes:

Gah. I haven't had finals yet. No until mid January. Our school is weird. But so far my grades aren't bad. Mostly A's with two B's... I think. Course I'm taking an AP and Honors class. Woot for extra credit XD

Quote Originally Posted by ShinySandshrew View Post
    Well everyone, my grades were posted online. I got an A in my last class, too!
    The letter things I can understand lol - we have that too but at GCSE level which is 16 year olds you have A* down to - U (ungraded) and the others are - A*, A, B, C, D, E, F, G, U - at the level I'm at now we just have A - E

Quote Originally Posted by ShinySandshrew View Post
    Your song is not of the kind of songs I dislike. I think that your song is quite good!
    Thank you, I had a workshop with Matt Redmann (a Christian song writer and performer) early on in the year at Soul Survivor in the UK and he really helped me see that the ease of it is just saying what you have to say at that time to God which I've done since and it seems to have worked :P

Quote Originally Posted by Skillfulness View Post
    Course I'm taking an AP and Honors class. Woot for extra credit XD
    Gah this adds the notch of confusesedness a little higher. My brain is about to overload, wow the education system seems tough in America compared to over here.
    Last edited by harryheart; 23rd December 2010 at 11:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skillfulness View Post
    Gah. I haven't had finals yet. No until mid January. Our school is weird. But so far my grades aren't bad. Mostly A's with two B's... I think. Course I'm taking an AP and Honors class. Woot for extra credit XD
    Yeah, our local public school decided not to have midterms until January this year. My mom isn't happy with this.

Don't let the extra complicated system fool you. Our public education system is pretty bad, and it is very easy to get As in it. That's why they have things like AP (Advanced Placement) and Honors classes to try and make it up. However, for most schools, even those aren't too good--or at least the AP Calculus and the AP Physics ones aren't that great (AP Calculus is soooo dumbed down as anyone can see if you compare what first year college Calculus used to be). To explain a little, the AP courses are supposedly the same as college courses which a high schooler (usually ages 14-18, but most don't take AP classes until 16-18) can take. If a high schooler passes the exam for the course, the high schooler can earn college credit for the course that the AP course is supposedly the same as. In America, there is rarely any distinction in everyday language between college and university like there is in other places.

Honors courses in high school are usually just tougher versions of the equivalent high school course (which is usually below medicore in difficulty). Honors courses can vary quite widely in difficulty and can be just slightly more involved in difficulty to being harder than a first year college class. Note though that I'm speaking in general terms about public schools because you can find some pretty good public schools around here. Private schools and homeschools vary widely too.

Of course, there is another distinction which must be made concerning US education and that is simply difficulty and quality. A course can be difficult, but you can learn nothing, or you can learn a lot in a course and it isn't that difficult. From comparisons with the mathematical education in America with one country accross the Atlantic (I think Ireland), it is clear that American quality (in their mathematical education at least) is very poor despite how hard some courses may be.

But who knows? I haven't done any studies on the problem or anything so don't put too much weight to it. After all, there has to be some reason why America is still thought of as a nation of great opportunity and some reason why we get lots of international student applicants. =/
    I (and my mother) agree with every word of this. My mom teaches AP US and AP European History at the local public school (and she's been teaching in the public school system for nearly thirty years), and she has been able to witness the decline in the system over the past decade. I went to the local private school, where our teachers challenged us greatly, and I feel like I was well prepared for the college I'm at now. Of course, I live in Georgia, so our public school system is worse than most (49th in the country).

Our colleges, however, are quite good. Emory, Mercer, U{sic}GA, and, of course, Georgia Tech. However, increasing numbers of our public school kids are not prepared enough to enter these schools. Makes me sad...

And Merry Christmas Eve to you all!
    Last edited by chosen_one386; 24th December 2010 at 8:50 PM.

Merry Christmas (4 hours early where I am) everyone. I hope all of you have a blessed Christmas and that we all remember the real reason we celebrate.

I haven't been in here for a while. D:
    But I wanted to pop in and say:

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

Remeber the reason for the season and have a good time!
    //*☆*Jesus loved the outcasts,
    He loves the ones the world just loves to hate*☆*//

Yes Merry Christmas everyone, and Happy Birthday Jesus! For he's a jolly good fellow!

Ditto. Merry Christmas and a Happy Birthday to Jesus! Best gift ever!

Merry Christmas to all! Yes, always remember the birth of the Savior of the world, God in human flesh. This is the beginning--without an incarnation, there could be no death and resurrection. Upon this our faith stands. Stand firm, then, in truth.

-----
    I'd like to suggest a new topic that's somewhat related to Christmas:

Have you seen The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader?What did you think?

I saw the movie. My dad, who usually won't go to see a movie with us, actually suggested we all see it together. So, we did and we all liked it well. I'll wait for some people to give their opinions before I mention details.

EDIT: Be prepared to use spoilers so as not to spoil movie details!
    Last edited by TheFightingPikachu; 25th December 2010 at 7:53 PM.

Sprites ripped by Yoshi Clone of spritersresource.com. Banner by my brother ShinySandshrew.

Merry Christmas, guys! Like TFP said, remember why His birth is important. Jesus ultimately came to bridge the gap between us and God. As I'm sure you've all heard many times: Jesus is the greatest gift ever given on christmas. A gift is undeserved. We did nothing to earn God's love yet He freely sent His Son to die the death that we deserve.

Anywho, I hope that you guys have an amazing Christmas! =D

Dawn Treader: Have not seen it yet but I can imagine that my mom will drag us out to see it sometime next week. Spoilers would be helpful if you plan to discuss it. Otherwise, I'll kick you out of the club. >(

Pic by Giygas.

I hope you all had a Merry Christmas.

I haven't seen the Dawn Treader yet. I could imagine though that I'll see it eventually as I enjoy the Chronicles of Narnia series so much.

Just posting a neat little lecture on Evangelistic Responsibility for laymen. Even if you do believe in lay preaching (unlike me and this lecturer), I'm sure you can get something out of it. It's only 44 minutes long.

Evangelistic Responsibility?

It also appears the lecturer has an earlier parallel, longer lecture (55 minutes) on a similar topic, but I haven't listened to it yet, so I'm not sure how it differs from the above one. It seems like this one is a slightly more detailed version of the above one. Evangelistic Responsibility?[2007]
    Last edited by Salavoir55; 13th August 2011 at 5:50 AM.

Happy New Year everyone, and here's to another year in our growing faith with our Saviour Lord Jesus. May your light shine over the world in the coming year and be with those who are struggling or are experiencing difficulties. May this be a year for revival.

Gah, I reminded myself to, yet I forgot to come here on Christmas. >_> But regardless, I hope you guys all had a wonderful Merry Christmas.
    (Therefore, I didn't get to mention, but for the little Christmas concert/mini play our school did I got to be a shepherd.... I didn't mind much,, of course I had to kneel for probably at least 15-30 minutes in front of the church, but that's okay.)
    I also hope you guys all have a Happy New Year, and the such. I hope Jesus helps all of you.

(Sorry, I haven't seen the new Narnia movie.)
    Last edited by Sceptile Master; 5th January 2011 at 10:24 PM.
    Take it easy
    "See you next summer..."
    (S2 is now!)
    I'm looking for an old piece of art I requested on here years ago and lost. It was a brown-haired girl with a pink wristband riding a Torterra. If you think you have this picture saved or have seen it somewhere please let me know and send it to me.

Hmm interesting group. As a Chatholic I prefer a more moderate aproach to things and like other moderate Churches. Although I can't stand radical Chirstians no offense to you evangelicals but usually your pastors are insane. We want people to join our Churches not think of Chistians as crazy bible hugging maniacs.
    Witty text followed by animated things:
    -
    -
    -

Quote Originally Posted by Kirbx View Post
    Hmm interesting group. As a Chatholic I prefer a more moderate aproach to things and like other moderate Churches. Although I can't stand radical Chirstians no offense to you evangelicals but usually your pastors are insane. We want people to join our Churches not think of Chistians as crazy bible hugging maniacs.
    While it is true that there are too many people who claim to be Christians and act in a manner that is contrary to what Christ taught, I think you misrepresent evangelical pastors. What data are you using to say that evangelical pastors are "insane"? I'm not talking about what you may have personally seen because you may have had the misfortune to meet only crazy pastors. I'm talking about things like surveys or studies that underscore your statement.

Also, the point of the Gospel of Christ is not so people will join the Church/a church. The point of the Gospel is the eternal salvation of countless humans who are condemned to eternal torment.
    But all things that are exposed are made manifest by the light, for whatever makes manifest is light.
    Therefore He says: "Awake, you who sleep, Arise from the dead, And Christ will give you light."
    See then that you walk circumspectly, not as fools but as wise, redeeming the time, because the days are evil. (Ephesians 5:13-15)

Spoiler:- Friend Codes:

I would love to have the Earth's restoration! I read Heavan, by Randy Alcorn a while back and now I really look forward to the day the Earth is renewed. I also read the Left Behind series and liked it a lot. If the Tribulation is anything like that, it would suck. Now I wanna read Revalations ^,^

Search up "pokemon power" on youtube a great example.

And no pastor in the Catholic Church I have ever met has ever acted like that. Ever.
    Witty text followed by animated things:
    -
    -
    -

Page 68 of 155 FirstFirst ... 185864656667686970717278118 ... LastLast