Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: What is your best Double Battle strategy?

ditto and elevirve. just transform ditto into elevirve and keep doing discharge
    Name: adrian Fc:3823 8668 5157

Click here to feed me a fruit!

Mine is Empoleon and Lapras. Let Lapras do the work and when ever it needs to restore HP use surf

---------- join ever grande city, a fun and new pokemon forum!! // tumblr

I love my Azelf/Smearlge Combo

First, Smeargle has focus sash and uses agility. Azelf kills the rest with explosion

If you can, Smearlge uses Dark Void and the other pokemon has to be a good damager.

Next, use Endeavor, and the other pokemon kills your opponent. Keep repeating!

Quote Originally Posted by Haseo101 View Post
    ditto and elevirve. just transform ditto into elevirve and keep doing discharge
    Why do this when you can get Zapdos and E-Vire together and use Electric Attacks on it while enduring EQ's? Or better yet, do what you said, but Porygon2 instead of Ditto, it's much sturdier.
    Pimplup is battling again!!
    Record: W: 12/L: 11
    Test Battle
    Last Match: Pimplup 0-darkcrobat 2
    Good Battle!! I predicted like a floundering fish.
    FC: 2664 1697 8539
    **Need RMT Help? Drop me a PM.**
    I will climb...
    Pimplup784's Chaining Confirmations

Uh, let's see...

1) Skill Swap on Slaking
    2) Protect + Earthquake

I think #2 suits me. My ideas on double strategies are bleak, but whatever.

i am having a really hard time deciding my double battle team
    i have a really good singles team... dusknoir, breloom, and houndoom, but i have no idea what strategies there are and what pokemon i should add on/take out to do well

I just use raw power. I first use Choice Alakazam and Band Heracross. Then use Garchomp and Gyarados with SD and DD.
    "You don't have to do anything at any time"
    Inspiring words by yours truly...
    #Gecko#

I've been trying a few combos involving Perish Song. One idea is to pair a Perish Song pokemon with a bulky pokemon that can trap. Alternately, I could have Mismagius both sing and trap while having its partner protect it with Reflect or Follow Me.

I like Earthquake + Levitate/Flyer but i am sad that they made Surf hit your partner so the only way to cope is with water absorb

I like Volt Abosrb strategies, also using Worry Seed on a partner is fun. Oh and the very cheap Explosion and Ghost

pluslie and minum combos are good to
    My Black F/C: 3353 7681 7071

I like to be the Fire that surrounds Darkness

Trick room sets are the way I go
    FC:3008 8970 0330

explosion with a lickilicky after a curse, brongzong uses skill swap enableing licky liky to go first and i switch in the dusknoir making explosion not hit me
    Last edited by "Freak" owns; 3rd December 2008 at 7:02 AM.

I use my staraptor and graveler...
    Graveler use earthquake
    Staraptor use fly..

Spoiler:- text:

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=371625

Please Warm My Eggs!

Send out two Pokémon with Water Absorb and make both use Surf xP

Generally though you will be weak to Electric moves or Grass Moves.

Also I want to see a Pluse and Minun combo in battle.
    Name: Matty FC: 4425 3875 4866
    Can offer all starters, Phione as well being able to breed other. Also I am offering a Ranger Manaphy, Kygore, Gourden, Celebi, a few Uxie and Azelf as well Regi Trio

Looking for TMs (61, 51, 76, 86 and 26 in particular, mostly for starters and other bred pokes). Also looking for an Impish Jirarchi.

The best I can think of is having a Flying type Pokemon and another Pokemon with the move Earthquake. I've used this and it helps out quite a bit.

Credit Goes To Hydro King For The Beautiful Banner
    Delusions Of Serene Waves Composed Of Aqua Crystal...
    Pair <3

Quote Originally Posted by zm_ View Post

There are many youtube battles that features them check em out
    My Black F/C: 3353 7681 7071

I like to be the Fire that surrounds Darkness

Always have a screener of sorts and keep a wide variety of resistances along with immunities
    Time Is of the Essence.With time one may grow stronger.

Special Thanks to CoolTrainer Nick for the Awsome Trainer Card
    BT Record Singles:427 (still going)
    Doubles:329(still going)

Trick-room (another poke) curse TTar
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzBlast
    What a polite young man she was!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambri View Post
    Haha, I think everyone named him ??? the first time, it IS what he said.
    Quote Originally Posted by AyameHikaru View Post
    XD I didn't. I was a mean little kid and thought that if I gave the policeman the wrong information it would be funny. And thus Rival Fred was born.

It involves a smeargle, an azelf and a breloom. Very complicated abuse of endeavour, fake out, explosion, salac berry and priority moves.

i use electriveire and luxray luxray attacks elecrive with electrick move to boost its speed and elecriveire to attack and that is all i am telling

Quote Originally Posted by yhyiannis View Post
    The best I can think of is having a Flying type Pokemon and another Pokemon with the move Earthquake. I've used this and it helps out quite a bit.
    This is a very common strategy, unfortunately it has one common weakness: Ice. Therefore, you're FAR better off replacing a flier with a Levitater such as Bronzong so that you have more type coverage.

Quote Originally Posted by zm_ View Post

Plus/Min combos are rediculously unfair. Unfortunately for them, Arcanine and Lucario are quite common and most come equipped with a speed priority move, out running what could be a straight sweep with Thunder/Thunderbolt and HP Grass. Good combo, watch out tho.

Quote Originally Posted by ash-bally View Post
    i use electriveire and luxray luxray attacks elecrive with electrick move to boost its speed and elecriveire to attack and that is all i am telling
    One Earthquake = Death. Switch Luxray for Zapdos, that way you can take full advantage of Discharge's power and have both a Special and Physical Sweeper.

This is good guys. I am seeing a lot of discussion and that makes me happy! I may even contact some other sources and start a Doubles League. However, that would be after Christmas and I'm not promising anything, so don't read into it too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhys29 View Post
    This is a very common strategy, unfortunately it has one common weakness: Ice. Therefore, you're FAR better off replacing a flier with a Levitater such as Bronzong so that you have more type coverage.
    Well, not if you put a Pelliper or a Skarmory right? But then they could just go and use Electricity...

Quote Originally Posted by Rhys29 View Post
    Plus/Min combos are rediculously unfair. Unfortunately for them, Arcanine and Lucario are quite common and most come equipped with a speed priority move, out running what could be a straight sweep with Thunder/Thunderbolt and HP Grass. Good combo, watch out tho.
    I've never seen a Plus/Min combo. What are they like?

Credit Goes To Hydro King For The Beautiful Banner
    Delusions Of Serene Waves Composed Of Aqua Crystal...
    Pair <3

Well, not if you put a Pelliper or a Skarmory right? But then they could just go and use Electricity...
    Yes, and since the elemental punches and fangs are quite common, it's kind of a risk to go with those. Watch out too, since both of these guys' main form of recover is based on removing their immunity to ground, thus making Skarmory actually undersirable.

I've never seen a Plus/Min combo. What are they like?
    These, in combonation, can literally sweep an entire team without having a set up move. Simply have both come onto the field, get the 1.5x bonus to their SpA from their abilities (normally capped at 273 will give them about 412) and spam Thunderbolt, HP Ice, Grass Knot, and Nasty Plot. Both of them are fast enough to set up a sweep and be that their movepool is limited, they have just enough to absolutely crush the opposition. However, it is a dangerous combo with several weakness.
    1) One dies, the other loses it's boost and thus becomes mostly fodder since it is far harder to OHKO an enemy without the boost.
    2) Earthquake is very common, and thus both would get raped in a dark alleyway and go home to take burning hot showers and cry due to their abysmal defence (min ~ max, 49 ~ 196).
    3) Most other speed sweepers would crush these punks fast. A mixvire and mixape would almost have a field day with these guys.
    4) Any physical move with speed priority is probably gonna wipe these guys out.
    5) Anything with Choice Skarf would wail on these guys since they're almost garuanteed to go faster.
    However, that being said, you could potentially cover this. Give one a Choice Scarf and the other Choice Specs and you have one really fast, overpowered disrupter and one rediculously overpowered second attacker (it's SpA would be about 616 with the specs, thus OHKO anything with a STAB thunderbolt but SpD wallers). And since you can switch them out at the same time whenever you see any problem, you can maybe keep them alive longer than most would think. If you really want to use them in a double battle team tho, put them with a RD team and replace Thunderbolt with Thunder so you can get a 25 base power damage boost, keep the 100&#37; accuracy, and get an extra 20% para boost.
    Used to their maximum these guys are a pair of way-too-powerful sweepers. However, unless you have plenty of experience playing them, they will most likely hold most teams not based on them back (even RD teams can find better uses for two slots). I'm not saying avoid them, but know they exist when you are making a team and fighting another.
    Last edited by Rhys29; 2nd December 2008 at 7:10 PM.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast