Page 352 of 533 FirstFirst ... 252302342348349350351352353354355356362402452 ... LastLast
Results 8,776 to 8,800 of 13310

Thread: ~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/09/28...localizations/
    a neat mini-interview with one of the DP localizers that handled the Pokemon names

not quite "news" per say but stuff like this isn't exactly common.

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    http://www.siliconera.com/2012/09/28...localizations/
    a neat mini-interview with one of the DP localizers that handled the Pokemon names

not quite "news" per say but stuff like this isn't exactly common.
    Well, that's pretty interesting. I'm surprised to see him admit that they sort of half-assed names.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

On the subject of the boxes, I'm REALLY hoping we'll get some sort of 5th gen storage system. They could do one pretty easily through a 3DS eshop app that would allow you to send things to it from your game in the game slot I would imagine. All my boxes are filled up from Pokemon I've sent to White, DW Pokemon, Events, etc. I had to start releasing things I caught in the main game because I was running out of space. In the least, having a box system that would sync your two games together would be extremely useful, especially with the prizes they're giving for actually completing your Dex in BW2.

Anyways, I was reading that interview earlier. Pretty funny, and the other article on silicona is also interesting. It seems like they're trying to make things more accessible to people who probably wouldn't invest a lot of time into the games (like the EV/IV things, shinies, etc) Maybe Gen 6 will have areas exclusively with Pokemon that have Pokerus? hah.

EDIT: Oh..i'm uh..not really sure what the stance here is on linking to Reddit, so I apologize if this isn't ok. Jamie McGonnigal (the guy who voices Barry and Trip in the English Dub) did an IAmA on reddit a few hours ago. He talks mostly about recording and stuff. Its an interesting read. He also claims his favorite Pokemon is Chimchar so that's cool as well. (Only Pokemon he voices is Grumpig)
    Last edited by spyroflame0487; 28th September 2012 at 11:26 PM.

Got my Keldeo a few hours ago. No problems. Hope you UK guys haven't gotten any more problems.
    3DS Friendcode: 5198-2496-8383

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    Well, that's pretty interesting. I'm surprised to see him admit that they sort of half-assed names.
    I dunno, spending months grinding against thesauruses and Nintendo representatives doesn't sound very half-assed. Though the lickilicky story was funny "IT'S GOT A HUGE TONGUE & LICKS THINGS WHAT DO WE WORK WITH OH GOD"

I kind of feel sorry for the dude(s)....localization doesn't sound fun

I dunno, spending months grinding against thesauruses and Nintendo representatives doesn't sound very half-assed. Though the lickilicky story was funny "IT'S GOT A HUGE TONGUE & LICKS THINGS WHAT DO WE WORK WITH OH GOD"

The Lickilicky is what I was referring to when I said half-assed. I'm sure it probably went down differently than what he described, but oh well.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    The Lickilicky is what I was referring to when I said half-assed. I'm sure it probably went down differently than what he described, but oh well.
    I wonder how the people naming the Gym Leaders felt
    At least the pokemon have a variety of things to base a name off of

the gym leaders have a gender and type specialty

I wonder how the people naming the Gym Leaders felt
    At least the pokemon have a variety of things to base a name off of

the gym leaders have a gender and type specialty
    I guess you could also sort of go with what they're wearing, but usually they're wearing things based on their type... I feel like that would be definitely be a huge hassle.

So next week's episode of the anime dub has Meloetta making an appearance, right?

I'd expect them to "officially" reveal her sometime this week, else it'd be kind of weird if they have this Pokemon show up that they've never mentioned before.

Quote Originally Posted by spyroflame0487 View Post
    So next week's episode of the anime dub has Meloetta making an appearance, right?

I'd expect them to "officially" reveal her sometime this week, else it'd be kind of weird if they have this Pokemon show up that they've never mentioned before.
    No, next week is "Crisis at Ferroseed Research." The week after will be Meloetta's first appearance.

But....yeah, they kind of have to acknowledge the thing soon or it will just be weird. Maybe it will be used to hype up the episode "blahblahblahpreviewsblahblah AND ALSO DON'T MISS OUT ON SEEING A NEVER-BEFORE-SEEN POKEMON!"

Ferroseed was today R_N

Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

No, next week is "Crisis at Ferroseed Research." The week after will be Meloetta's first appearance.

But....yeah, they kind of have to acknowledge the thing soon or it will just be weird. Maybe it will be used to hype up the episode "blahblahblahpreviewsblahblah AND ALSO DON'T MISS OUT ON SEEING A NEVER-BEFORE-SEEN POKEMON!"

that was today's episode

Take a step and I'm on my way, gonna start all over again,.......again.

Although I am sure its difficult, localization would be the perfect job for me in all honesty. It would be something I really enjoy. I like to throw hidden meanings into names and such, so I would love that job xD But I am sure it is very difficult, especially after localizing name after name/pokemon after pokemon/place after place.

Kalos Team: Delphox, Florges, Aegislash, Heliolisk, Hawlucha, Avalugg
    Latest Shiny: Helioptile

Fire Safari: Ponyta, Pyroar, Braixen - 1478-3803-9332
    I have claimed #671, Florges

*credit to Equal-To-Heaven for the clock

Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 pre-launch event:

http://www.pocketmonsters.net/articles/1425/

Once again, I'll have to pass because I pre-ordered Pokemon Black 2 and it's too far away for me.

Just so everyone knows, Masuda is on Smash next week (with the renewal). He'll be doing a "Battle Lecture", I guess teaching kids the finer points of battling.

Quote Originally Posted by Serebii View Post
    Just so everyone knows, Masuda is on Smash next week (with the renewal). He'll be doing a "Battle Lecture", I guess teaching kids the finer points of battling.
    the first thing I imagine is him for the first time ever directly mentioning about EVs, natures, STAB and move coverages, and possibly IVs as well

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    the first thing I imagine is him for the first time ever directly mentioning about EVs, natures, STAB and move coverages, and possibly IVs as well
    This would be interesting, as to help teach players about all that EVing jargon lol

Quote Originally Posted by rocky505 View Post
    Ferroseed was today R_N
    Quote Originally Posted by halloweenghost View Post
    that was today's episode
    Oh
    Guess I just completely lost track of what day it was

Gametrailers "review" Pokémon Black and White 2 and gives it a 7.1, not a bad score, but it was so obvious that the guy just doesn't want to play the Pokémon games and doesn't get the games appeal.

Warning the review spoils the plot of the game and who's the champion.
    Last edited by blaze boy; 1st October 2012 at 1:09 PM.

"Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

Now that people are actually getting the games and more information is seeping through, do we know if there's still a limit on the amount of numbers you can include in a Box name? That was something that really annoyed me in B/W as I sort my Pokemon by National Dex order, leaving spaces for the ones (not many) I don't have. I'd gladly accept longer save times for that, lol!

ONM's review of B2/W2 is here, by the way:
    http://www.officialnintendomagazine....hite-2-review/

There's some good stuff mentioned, but I don't know why they're describing it as a "sendoff" of classic games... Sure it was made for the fans, but I doubt Gen VI will be a complete re-imagining besides more polygons!
    I play games but mainly Sonic, Zelda or Pokémon...

I have successfully captured 491 legal Pokémon in Diamond and am working on Gen V

Lv. 100 Team I have almost finished raising...:

My deviantART: http://supersonicconzor.deviantart.com/

Quote Originally Posted by blaze boy View Post
    Gametrailers "review" Pokémon Black and White 2 and gives it a 7.1, not a bad score, but it was so obvious that the guy just doesn't want to play the Pokémon games and doesn't get the games appeal.

Warning the review spoils the plot of the game and who's the champion.
    I like how he says there's barely any new music when there's enough original content to fill a 3 disc soundtrack.

Quote Originally Posted by SprSncConzor View Post
    but I don't know why they're describing it as a "sendoff" of classic games...
    Because it will be the last Pokémon and Nintendo game released for the DS.

Quote Originally Posted by Blazios View Post
    I like how he says there's barely any new music when there's enough original content to fill a 3 disc soundtrack.
    Yeah it's clear that the guy either didn't play the game properly or just speed run the game, since there was no mention of any of the new features added in the game.

Then again this is GameTrailers, the same people who complained about Sonic Colours controls being broken.
    Last edited by blaze boy; 1st October 2012 at 3:20 PM.

"Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

Quote Originally Posted by blaze boy View Post
    Because it will be the last Pokémon and Nintendo game released for the DS.
    So Emerald was the last classic game because it was the last to be released on the GBA? And The last games to be released on the 3DS will also be the last classic games? Why does B2/W2 being the last games on the DS change anything?

Maybe there's just a general consensus that the 3DS games will be some kind of third-person super detailed adventure and completely revolutionize the formula... they probably won't be- they'll more than likely be the same formula, but just more shinier with less sprites and more polys.

All Pokemon games will be classics.
    I play games but mainly Sonic, Zelda or Pokémon...

I have successfully captured 491 legal Pokémon in Diamond and am working on Gen V

Lv. 100 Team I have almost finished raising...:

My deviantART: http://supersonicconzor.deviantart.com/

Generally, the negative reviews keep mistaking it for the start of a new generation, and so are complaining about things which cannot change mid-gen

Quote Originally Posted by Serebii View Post
    Generally, the negative reviews keep mistaking it for the start of a new generation, and so are complaining about things which cannot change mid-gen
    Agreed. The reviews, while not bad, kind of upset me a little. I don't think they really understood where it was directed; BW2 seem to be directed at hardcore pokemon fans & fine-tuning Gen V. However, this makes me nervous about the future. What is to come? BW2 were a complete surprise (ahem, no Pokemon Gray). I just wish I knew where the franchise is headed, and I hope that its in the right direction Either way, Game Freak seems to have something up their sleeve they aren't telling us- I just hope we get a Gen VI that is a could kickoff to the next century of pokemon.

Kalos Team: Delphox, Florges, Aegislash, Heliolisk, Hawlucha, Avalugg
    Latest Shiny: Helioptile

Fire Safari: Ponyta, Pyroar, Braixen - 1478-3803-9332
    I have claimed #671, Florges

*credit to Equal-To-Heaven for the clock

Page 352 of 533 FirstFirst ... 252302342348349350351352353354355356362402452 ... LastLast