Page 484 of 533 FirstFirst ... 384434474480481482483484485486487488494 ... LastLast
Results 12,076 to 12,100 of 13312

Thread: ~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

I just downloaded the new app and watched an episode on it. Not bad at all. I was just discussing yesterday with some friends that TPC was a bit behind the times. It was almost impossible to watch Pokemon on an IPhone or Android as no episodes were available for digital purchase and there was no mobile streaming. I doubted there would be.

Of course, I am now eating my words. Video quality aside(while not HD is still not bad) this is still a step in the right direction and one we should support.
    Black FC: 3267 5205 0299

I wonder if maybe Ninfia could be a potential fighting type?
    Pokemon Black Name: Teito
    Pokemon Black FC: 3869 6814 1896

E-Mail Address: firechick25@gmail.com (in case these forums keep getting messed up)
    Pokemon White 2 Name: Serena
    Pokemon White 2 FC: 5072 2733 1563

Pokemon Black 2 Name: Lyra
    Pokemon Black 2 FC: 4771 6442 6877

Pokemon X Name: Rochelle
    FC: 3754-7778-5065
    Friend Safari: Ice
    Friend Safari Pokemon: Bergmite, Snover, Cloyster

I have a UT Male Shiny Foongus for trade if anyone wants it! It's in my White 2 game!

Quote Originally Posted by FireChick View Post
    I wonder if maybe Ninfia could be a potential fighting type?
    Why would you say this? What even remotely *suggests* that? Please do so explain
    Add me on Pokemon X! FC- 2809-9372-1773

Looking For Shiny Tyrunt!

Quote Originally Posted by [ACE] Zero View Post
    Why would you say this? What even remotely *suggests* that? Please do so explain
    Apparently in Japanese "nin" means:

人: person
    任: duty, obligation
    忍: patience, endurance

These words are usually related to a Fighting type pokemon but analyzing its design I can't see it as being one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Royal_Qeca View Post
    In Japanese "nin" means:

These words are usually related to a Fighting type pokemon but seeing its design I can't see it as being one of them.
    Why remove the "f"? The suffix is ostensibly -ia, as with Glacia and Leafia. "Ninf" appears to reference nymphs, not the Fighting type.

Apparently in Japanese "nin" means:

These words are usually related to a Fighting type pokemon but analyzing its design I can't see it as being one of them.
    Im sure it Originates from Nymph, which is not Fighting at all, it doesnt even Look fighting, more of a bug or maybe new type idk, no one here does
    Add me on Pokemon X! FC- 2809-9372-1773

Looking For Shiny Tyrunt!

The design of this new 'eeveelution' looks so out of place with the rest that I thought I'm looking at a fan-made fake, and I can't even vaguely guess its typing from the design.
    The best evolutionary designs are brought about by a balance between change and consistency.
    Artwork by Piper Thibodeau. You can view more of her work here.

I think the Eeveelution definetly fits in with the other Eeveelutions, but it's definetly the worst design in my opinion but i suppose it appeals more to women.

Quote Originally Posted by The Eleventh View Post
    Why remove the "f"? The suffix is ostensibly -ia, as with Glacia and Leafia. "Ninf" appears to reference nymphs, not the Fighting type.
    The user wanted an explanation about those who defended that it could be fighting type and I gave him the answer. So it had to be about the prefix "Nin" and not "Ninf" to turn it plausible...

Quote Originally Posted by [ACE] Zero View Post
    Im sure it Originates from Nymph, which is not Fighting at all, it doesnt even Look fighting, more of a bug or maybe new type idk, no one here does
    About the first part: read what I wrote to Eleventh; secondly, as I said I wasn't talking about its design at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Haunter227 View Post
    I think the Eeveelution definetly fits in with the other Eeveelutions, but it's definetly the worst design in my opinion but i suppose it appeals more to women.
    Who knows, it might be Femaleon or something. Gender split Normal type eeveelution anyone?

Reading the posts above me makes me wonder, how on earth did this Pokemon get associated with the BUG type? It's basically screaming "Guy, I'm not a Bug type. Look, no compound eyes, no antennae, no bug wings like beetles or butterflies."

All I see are ribbons and frills. The only association I can come up with is the Normal type (represented by random symbols like silk scarf), or flying type, if GF decided not to go with plain old wing addition.

And...I've never really looked at the official artwork for the Eeveelutions up close, but looking at the scan image it seems that of the seven variants we have, only the first three have a modified version of Eevee's mane in their design. Somehow during the 2nd generation and thereafter GF decided to drop the mane from the design, except for this new kid with ribbons.
    Last edited by Hidden Power; 12th February 2013 at 9:01 PM.
    The best evolutionary designs are brought about by a balance between change and consistency.

The user wanted an explanation about those who defended that it could be fighting type and I gave him the answer. So it had to be about the prefix "Nin" and not "Ninf" to turn it plausible...
    But... why do that? Even then, why didn't you add this information to your post, instead of posting in a style that could lead others to interpret it as fact?

Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Power View Post
    Reading the posts above me makes me wonder, how on earth did this Pokemon get associated with the BUG type? It's basically screaming "Guy, I'm not a Bug type. Look, no compound eyes, no antennae, no bug wings like beetles or butterflies."
    Eh, the butterfly ribbons and its eyes can be used as basis for this theory.

Eh, the butterfly ribbons and its eyes can be used as basis for this theory.
    Eh, that's kind of pushing it, playing too much with semantics. Butterfly ribbon -> butterfly -> bug type? I think bug antennae and pixie/butterfly wings does a better job at linking the type to the design. This must be the first time I'm looking at an eeveelution and have such difficulty linking it to a type.

My guess for Ninfia is Flying, because the streamers that come from the little bowties (which look like wings) would look nice when it was flying.

Ninfia is just its Japanese name, right?
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

Quote Originally Posted by TheEliteEmpoleon View Post
    My guess for Ninfia is Flying, because the streamers that come from the little bowties (which look like wings) would look nice when it was flying.

Ninfia is just its Japanese name, right?
    Yea, unlike the English names the Japanese names do not follow any overall pattern.

But... why do that? Even then, why didn't you add this information to your post, instead of posting in a style that could lead others to interpret it as fact?
    But it is a fact (by wikipedia) that in Japanese "nin" means what I said ("人: person; 任: duty, obligation; 忍: patience, endurance") which means my post isn't misleading in any way...

We don't know it's typing yet so it's completely natural to come up with possibilites about its type. That's called speculation and as you can see I was answering his question ("what even remotely *suggests* that?"). Now tell me how can you or anyone else take my post as a fact when I didn't even say it was confirmed somewhere else by an official source? It makes no sense to think that way... It's completely illogical.

Quote Originally Posted by Fearless123 View Post
    Shaymin has an alternative form, Sky Forme which has wings, so technically it does.

Drifloon is based of an air balloon.

Hoppip, is like a dandelion which float in the air.

Gyarados might be a flying type but the only flying type move it can learn is bounce so it doesn't really count, in my opinion.

...Furthermore Eevee is supposedly based off a rabit or a fox so it doesn't make much sense that it'll be a flying-type when it's pre-evolution is ground based. Flying-type pokemon either have wings or are based of things that are associated with the sky, as I've already mentioned using your examples.
    What wings? Shaymin has no wings. Those are just giant ears. It doesn't even flap them to fly, it just hovers like a reindeer.
    Not sure what you're getting at with Drifloon and Hoppip. Yes, they are a balloon and dandelion. So what? They're still Flying-types without wings. You could take a step further and say Ninfia is a cat/fox thing with bows and streamers.
    And you're just... discounting Gyarados because you don't agree with it?
    And fine, if you don't like those examples, Rayquaza, Doduo, Dodrio, Rotom, Landorus, Thundurus, and Tornadus in its Incarnate Forme also don't have wings. Neither does Sky Plate Arceus if you count that.

And why can't a Flying Pokemon evolve from a ground based one? They do it all the time. And for all we know, it is associated with the sky. Maybe those streamers and bows are meant to make it look like a kite, as many have suggested. We just don't know yet.

And since when is Eevee a rabbit...?

We can't just dismiss Flying-type yet. It's still entirely possible; you can't always tell a Pokemon's type just by looking at it.
    Formerly known as Jigglychu.

I heard New Zealand is getting Meloetta event, but it said to be in JB HiFi stores. Anyone knows which stores in NZ it will have the event? For some reason the list of locations wont show up on my computer (must be out of date0.
    Currently waiting for Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire and the guidebook(s).

Currently own: X and Y, Black 2 and White 2, Black and White, Heart Gold and Soul Silver, Platinum, Diamond and Pearl, Super Pokemon Rumble, Ranger 3, Ranger 2, Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Time and Dragon Ball Z: Super Sonic Warriors. Guidebooks for Johto games, Unova games and Kalos games.

Own quite a number shinies, especially in Y thanks to Consecutive Fishing.

Own all 5 gen event legends in White 2, many came from my brother which I like to thank.

I don't know if its the coloration, the eyes, the nose, the mouth, or any combination, but Ninfia's face looks almost exactly like Victini's to me.
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Power View Post
    Eh, that's kind of pushing it, playing too much with semantics. Butterfly ribbon -> butterfly -> bug type? I think bug antennae and pixie/butterfly wings does a better job at linking the type to the design. This must be the first time I'm looking at an eeveelution and have such difficulty linking it to a type.
    I wouldn't say it's "pushing it", but I'm not sure if it's particularly likely. Thinking about it, I could see them doing something like this with a Bug Eeveelution, in order to make it kawaii~ rather than a creepy bug.

But it is a fact (by wikipedia) that in Japanese "nin" means what I said ("人: person; 任: duty, obligation; 忍: patience, endurance") which means my post isn't misleading in any way...

We don't know it's typing yet so it's completely natural to come up with possibilites about its type. That's called speculation and as you can see I was answering his question ("what even remotely *suggests* that?"). Now tell me how can you or anyone else take my post as a fact when I didn't even say it was confirmed somewhere else by an official source? It makes no sense to think that way... It's completely illogical.
    It's misleading in that you didn't mention that it's more likely for the name to derive from "ninf", rather than "nin", as that would be removing a letter for no reason.

I wouldn't say it's "pushing it", but I'm not sure if it's particularly likely. Thinking about it, I could see them doing something like this with a Bug Eeveelution, in order to make it kawaii~ rather than a creepy bug.

It's misleading in that you didn't mention that it's more likely for the name to derive from "ninf", rather than "nin", as that would be removing a letter for no reason.
    That doesn't mislead to anything. I was simply talking about the meaning of "nin" in Japanese in a way that could justify the belief of those who say that Ninfia is fighting type... But personally I don't see it happening. New type, Normal type or Flying type are my predictions.

My already good day just got even better. We finally get another Eeveelution. Yes. I agree that Ninfia's design is quite different from the others, but I think it looks pretty cute. I'm really, really hoping that it's a Flying-type, because I've been wanting that since Gen 4. It looks like it could go Normal as well, though, so we'll have to wait and see.

And I really, really hope this means that the other Eeveelutions will get some new moves or such to play with and that Flareon will finally be useful.

...I can dream, can't I?

Quote Originally Posted by TheEliteEmpoleon View Post
    I don't know if its the coloration, the eyes, the nose, the mouth, or any combination, but Ninfia's face looks almost exactly like Victini's to me.
    That's what I thought as well. I couldn't put my finger on it until you said it, but it does look similar to Victini. Not that that's a bad thing necessarily.

Friend Safari - Bug with Butterfree/Volbeat/Vivillon - PM me for my FC!
        Spoiler:- Shiny hunting stuff:

Just downloaded that Pokemon app. Wow it's great, it really is. Only bad thing is that the seasons are random.
    3DS Friendcode: 5198-2496-8383

Quote Originally Posted by *IZ* View Post
    Just downloaded that Pokemon app. Wow it's great, it really is. Only bad thing is that the seasons are random.
    Yeah, that's the downside. It's really cool though to watch all the old episodes. Great app overall!
    Signature edited due to exceeding the gif size limit. Please read the signature rules before editing your signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Hudsonn98 View Post
    Yeah, that's the downside. It's really cool though to watch all the old episodes. Great app overall!
    I think it is amazing considering it is free, and no ads.

There is a annoying as heck rumor going around that it's been confirmed that Ninfia is a "Light" type by a user called "Tinsares" that apparently "dug into the official pokemon X and Y Website source code" and people are aggressively defending it.

In all honesty i think it will be a Normal type, it follows the common "Pink and Peach" pattern normal types have, like Skitty. Besides it fits normal much better then anything since it's obvious what type a Eevee Evo's are.
    Last edited by Atlanta-hammy; 13th February 2013 at 8:32 AM.

Page 484 of 533 FirstFirst ... 384434474480481482483484485486487488494 ... LastLast