~ Official Pokemon News Discussion Thread ~
In order to avoid all those silly excess topics, I, along with the other mods of this section, decided to make an Official Pokemon News Discussion where you, obviously, discuss new
Pokemon news be it large or small! This does not count as an event announcement thread, you can announce that an official Nintendo event is occurring where you are, but not here please.
Anyway, post new
information pertaining to Pokémon, and don't post stuff that's already been posted, or that's not official from Nintendo itself.
And you must have a reliable
resource to post. Word of mouth doesn't count for most
news stories. :\
How do you find that out? Use the search feature.
It's what it's there for. :[
We do regularly check the news stories, especially if you don't post a link. Even then we may even check via another source if links are posted.
List of what we think is reliable relating to Game releases
Most Reliable for new info:
Generally, the info on these site is either true or the Official Press line.
News from these sites are a good indication that the news is true.
- Official Pokémon Sites - they include Pokémon.com and Pokémon Global link, and Pokémon Black & White sites.
- Official Nintendo Sites - And Many Official Games sites like Smash Bros Dojo. http://www.smashbros.com for games such as Smash Bros.
- Game Developer's sites - Game Freak and certain others, but only after they're confirmed that they're making said game.
- Junichi Masuda's Blog at http://www.gamefreak.co.jp/blog/dir_english/ This usually doesn't cover actual game news but covers several hidden aspects of the games.
- Serebii.net - If it's on here, Serebii has confirmed it, and he outranks all other staff.
- UK's Official Nintendo Magazine website - Usually checks information and being part of Nintendo has sneak peek info.
- Games themselves - Just to clear up, new info in the games is hard to find except for after Launch of games.
- Nintendo Channel on the Wii - Extension to Official Nintendo's Sites.
- Nintendo Press statements
- PokémonSmash - Japanese TV show Sunday 8:30 am JST, Generally the best for new news there is.
Generally Posting info from here generally acceptable:
Generally considered unreliable:
These sites are usually don't need to check facts or even have editorial staff. These sites will usually require fact checking before being confirmed official.
- Gaming Magazine sites Such as
- Game Trailers
- General News sites like BBC, Reuters (generally doesn't cover games, as a result may have some inaccurate information.)
- Shopping sites such as Amazon, Gamestop, Gamestation - However these sites may make up dates to start taking money for the game.
- Bulbagarden's BulbaNews
- Certain "Long Term" Pokémon Fan Site's news section:
- Forums - which include:
- Most Nintendo and Pokémon News Fan Sites - some are known for copy news from IGN and like, or "make it up."
- Most Blogs.
- Most YouTube Accounts (Exceptions belong to sites mentioned above.)
- Word Of Mouth
- Some Game store Clerk said it.
We may Approve stuff that have come from any site, but we do need confirm it.