Page 10 of 533 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060110 ... LastLast

Thread: ~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

Quote Originally Posted by hello moto View Post
    I wonder if the Japanese Regigigas will unlock the regis in English Platinum. (Most likely not)
    it says it will, right on the poster. It's an English copy of the Japanese Movie Regigias.
    I'm part of the staff at Project Pokemon! Smod in forums, AOP in IRC, Administrator on Shoddy. Come visit us. Our Project is Pokemon!

Why is it that Nintendo directly gives us Pokemon like Darkrai and Shaymin instead of just giving us the tickets to their islands?

(Not that I'm complaining.)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone View Post
    Why is it that Nintendo directly gives us Pokemon like Darkrai and Shaymin instead of just giving us the tickets to their islands?
    Universally, because it allows them to place a ribbon on the Pokémon for authentication purposes and at least to some degree, they can separate the Pokémon obtained from less-than-legitimate means and those obtained from legitimate events.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

While that makes sense I think it takes away the fun of catching it yourself. ^_^

Because they want peoeple to buy Ranger 2, a Meoth plushie, and the latest movie while they are getting their new pokemon.
    I'm part of the staff at Project Pokemon! Smod in forums, AOP in IRC, Administrator on Shoddy. Come visit us. Our Project is Pokemon!

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    Universally, because it allows them to place a ribbon on the Pokémon for authentication purposes and at least to some degree, they can separate the Pokémon obtained from less-than-legitimate means and those obtained from legitimate events.
    BCVM You have answered my question...

...That I asked a few pages ago.

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    It's also to stop the kiddies complaining when they fail to capture the legendary on their island (or wherever). Just giving the things out directly saves the hassle of having to deal with the kiddies' parents complaining that they essentially got nothing out of it.

...Unless I'm not understanding something about the way they work.

[Non-relevant portions of this message taste like chicken]
    Quote Originally Posted by AEROBLASTER View Post
    I suggest the possibility of magic.

It's going to be interesting to see the UK version of this event.
    UK has a nasty habit of having tours that are one per location for about two weeks rather than the cross country/store events for the week end the states seems to get.

This seriously limits how easy it is to get to them. Also of not our usual choice of venue (Woolworths) has gone bust so I am assuming that Toys R Us are going to get the event back again. (Why not Game or HMV? Much more prevalent).

When at the Darkrai event the chap told me the wonder machine was the only one in Europe which I guess explains why there are only one event per day in the UK, but it rankles compared to the US/JP version of the events which seem a little more accessible.

I still think its odd that the WIFI DL isn't utilised more. Surely it requires less effort than an actual physical tour/event so is in theory the better option.

I'd love to see a weekly random mon DL from the WIFI that was special in some way (shiny, rare moves etc) and then occasional ledend event hidden amongst them for those paying attention.

But I will keep dreaming...

Quote Originally Posted by dancingmonkey View Post
    It's going to be interesting to see the UK version of this event.
    UK has a nasty habit of having tours that are one per location for about two weeks rather than the cross country/store events for the week end the states seems to get.

This seriously limits how easy it is to get to them. Also of not our usual choice of venue (Woolworths) has gone bust so I am assuming that Toys R Us are going to get the event back again. (Why not Game or HMV? Much more prevalent).

When at the Darkrai event the chap told me the wonder machine was the only one in Europe which I guess explains why there are only one event per day in the UK, but it rankles compared to the US/JP version of the events which seem a little more accessible.

I still think its odd that the WIFI DL isn't utilised more. Surely it requires less effort than an actual physical tour/event so is in theory the better option.

I'd love to see a weekly random mon DL from the WIFI that was special in some way (shiny, rare moves etc) and then occasional ledend event hidden amongst them for those paying attention.

But I will keep dreaming...
    You should stop complaining and realize how lucky you are to at least have events. We're right next tot he states, and to a certain degree Japan and we get nothing.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Maruno View Post
    ...Unless I'm not understanding something about the way they work.
    I suppose it's possible the "instant gratification" factor has something to do with it, but by and large, it's as I said. If NoA simply gives you the item and lets you go capture the Pokémon on your own, then that's that - you catch the Pokémon and take it from there. They can't put a ribbon on it, give it a certain OT or determine the initial moveset and therefore once you've caught the Pokémon, it is largely indistinguishable from a Pokémon of the same species that someone may have simply obtained via less-than-legitimate means.

However, if they do as they do and give you the Pokémon via direct download, they can slap a Classic Ribbon on it for authentication, set the OT as something uniform and recognized (like ALAMOS for the Movie Darkrai) and do other small things that prove beyond any shadow of a doubt that the Pokémon was obtained legitimately.

-----
    Words to|live by

Does the Shaymin has a classic ribbon on it (can't read the poster), because on Bulbapedia they say it doesn't.

http://http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_Nintendo_event_Pok%C3%A9mon_in_2009

I think they are wrong (hopefully not)

Cyanide & Happiness @ Explosm.net

Quote Originally Posted by hello moto View Post
    Does the Shaymin has a classic ribbon on it (can't read the poster), because on Bulbapedia they say it doesn't.

http://http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden...%A9mon_in_2009

I think they are wrong (hopefully not)
    Bulbapedia probably has the worst event information out there.

While I can't read the poster either, it's a good assumption to make that it's an English copy of the Japanese Movie Shaymin which did have the Classic Ribbon.

The Regigias, assuming it's a copy of the Pre-Order Movie Regigias, should not have a Classic Ribbon.

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    You should stop complaining and realize how lucky you are to at least have events. We're right next tot he states, and to a certain degree Japan and we get nothing.
    No kidding. We've never gotten any of these events.

I'm not really too sold on the Shaymin one, but the Regigigas one I'm more concerned about; seeing as you'll need this to access the Regis's in Platinum.

Why Canada is shafted every time an event occurs is beyond me. And considering the odds of someone willing to trade something like this is slim to none, then really, it nearly forces me to hack to get them.

I'm at least glad that I'm not the only Canadian that feels this way, and wish that they'd use that damned Mystery Gift feature. Why do I have this awkward feeling that that feature won't have anything "major" and will be used for random stuff of no real importance...

Oh well...

*C_L*

"I'm not really here that much, if at all. I've moved on, to a different site."

"But, it's been fun. I'll come back every so often, but for the most part, I won't post much."

- Cobaltios

*sigh*

Man everyone is so lucky in America, Japan and even England to an extenct, over here in Australia, we get hardly any events, especially up in the north...

THERE ARE POKEMON FANS OVER HERE YOU KNOW NINTENDO!!!!

I beleive that they should do more events over Wi-Fi!!!
    Virtually gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt_Latios View Post
    Why Canada is shafted every time an event occurs is beyond me.
    It's probably because of well...where you live. Despite having Toys R Us and Gamestops in Canada, they aren't operated by the same corporation that operates them in the US. They might as well be named different companies, because that's what they are. For example, Circuit City declared bankruptcy in the US and all stores will be closed by March. But it isn't affecting the CC stores in Canada because they're owned and operated and are only loosely affiliated with the company.

Man everyone is so lucky in America, Japan and even England to an extenct, over here in Australia, we get hardly any events, especially up in the north...
    You've received both Darkrai and Manaphy movie events. That's certainly better than the zero that are done in Canada.

I would be fine with no events anywhere ever again if it meant we never again had to hear a single word of whining about "MY COUNTRY DOESN'T GET EVENTS! I can't obtain a small bundle of mathematical and visual data that won't actually make my life better in any way!"

:|

-----
    Words to|live by

[QUOTE

You've received both Darkrai and Manaphy movie events. That's certainly better than the zero that are done in Canada.[/QUOTE]

True, but no Shaymin, Deoxys, Mew, Jirachi and many others, and I didnt say that Canada get more events then us, I said that America, Japan and England do...
    Virtually gone.

Quote Originally Posted by dragon-dark-master View Post
    \
    True, but no Shaymin, Deoxys, Mew, Jirachi and many others, and I didnt say that Canada get more events then us, I said that America, Japan and England do...
    Shaymin: No one else has gotten it. It's a ridiculous idea to think you won't be getting it based on precedent, and equally so to think it would come before the US Shaymin.

Mew: Pokemon Ranch.

Jirachi: The Colosseum bonus disc in Australia had Jirachi. That's the exact same opportunity most got.

England and Australia are on roughly equal footage, having gotten all the major 4th gen events (MAnaphy, Darkrai), PBR 2's Pokemon, and Ranch.

So sorry to take away the "wah I live in Australia" excuse, but you've gotten roughly the same amount as Europe in the current Gen, and the only US events you're missing out on are Gamestop Deoxys and like 12 variations of Surf Pikachu.

Even when they IMPROVE event distribution, people complain, despite having the opportunity to go to the event.

People, every time there's an event, you hear everyone (except for Japanese and U.S. people) just complain about how their country is forgotten by Nintendo. I kinda used to that (i live in NZ), but realising that there's no point in complaning, it's not going to change anything.
    It's just iritating to read endless posts of complains. So just hope that somehow you can get the event pokes too (you have wi-fi etc.)

Cyanide & Happiness @ Explosm.net

Quote Originally Posted by randomspot555 View Post
    Shaymin: No one else has gotten it. It's a ridiculous idea to think you won't be getting it based on precedent, and equally so to think it would come before the US Shaymin.

Mew: Pokemon Ranch.

Jirachi: The Colosseum bonus disc in Australia had Jirachi. That's the exact same opportunity most got.

England and Australia are on roughly equal footage, having gotten all the major 4th gen events (MAnaphy, Darkrai), PBR 2's Pokemon, and Ranch.

So sorry to take away the "wah I live in Australia" excuse, but you've gotten roughly the same amount as Europe in the current Gen, and the only US events you're missing out on are Gamestop Deoxys and like 12 variations of Surf Pikachu.

Even when they IMPROVE event distribution, people complain, despite having the opportunity to go to the event.
    Ok, ok, ok, you have made a very good point... i take back what i said, and wish for forgivness... allthough i do wonder, why they dont just make all events wi-fi events... and before you start your little attack... it is just a thought, and i do know there are wi-fi events allready... OK!!!

SO to get back to the main point... i applogise, and take back(even though i didnt say it) 'whah, i live in australia...'

happy now?
    Virtually gone.

Quote Originally Posted by dragon-dark-master View Post
    Ok, ok, ok, you have made a very good point... i take back what i said, and wish for forgivness... allthough i do wonder, why they dont just make all events wi-fi events]
    Because the events serve to promote the franchise. You can't buy a movie and a plushie when your downloading an event via wireless.

With all the whining going on about how people can't have even't pokemon, This is rather the ONLY reason I'm proud to be an American.

I feel empathetical towards the New Zealanders and Canadians. I know what it's like to be so close to something and still can't obtain it.

(just in case no one posted)shaymin is coming in feb.8-feb.14
    k?
    chimchar is my bushie touch him and you die!!!
    matt

Quote Originally Posted by randomspot555 View Post
    Because the events serve to promote the franchise. You can't buy a movie and a plushie when your downloading an event via wireless.
    In that case, why not just have it as a special code... like a Friend code, or something that comes with the movie inside. Like a voucher. You'd then get access to whatever the event Pokemon would be, or something to that extent.

Really, I only care about the Regigigas giveaway; because I want to be able to acquire the Regis's in Platinum. That's it really. Shaymin doesn't really bother me, and Dakrai I'm getting via Ranger 2.

That's all.

*C_L*

"I'm not really here that much, if at all. I've moved on, to a different site."

"But, it's been fun. I'll come back every so often, but for the most part, I won't post much."

- Cobaltios

No one knew that. [/Sarcasm] Anyway just a FYI for all of the Trading Card Players, The Platinum Pre-Realece turnys start on Saturday.

-Mr. Joker

---------- join ever grande city, a fun and new pokemon forum!! // tumblr

Page 10 of 533 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060110 ... LastLast