Page 1081 of 1083 FirstFirst ... 81981103110711077107810791080108110821083 LastLast
Results 27,001 to 27,025 of 27060

Thread: ~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

Quote Originally Posted by Genos View Post
    PRAISE ARCEUS Detective Pikachu finally got a US release!
    Guess fan demand was high. Plus did anyone else notice Generation VII Pokemon in the trailer?

Quote Originally Posted by Genos View Post
    PRAISE ARCEUS Detective Pikachu finally got a US release!
    Still disappointed by the lack of Danny DeVito.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Power View Post
    Guess fan demand was high. Plus did anyone else notice Generation VII Pokemon in the trailer?
    So far all I've seen is a Stufful on Serebii's Pre release screen shots.

I'm not surprised, The opening Episode was released before Gen 7 announcement almost 2 years ago, and the whole thing kinda Stalled.

I believe Serebii said that it ended with the words "To be Continued."

Does anyone reconise the Pikachu Actor? No not Ikue Ohtani, but the detective.
    Last edited by Nutter t.KK; 12th January 2018 at 3:53 PM.

Well, this ends that.
    I guess PokéLand will have its full release in Summer, and we will have the next PMD in Autumn.

Edit: Event moves in GO is a pretty clever idea. Has more relevance upon transfer to main games, as well.
    Last edited by Trainer Yusuf; 12th January 2018 at 6:14 PM.
    This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciatted starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig . Started by Dax-360
    Quote Originally Posted by Teshub View Post
    I also read from the bulbagarden thread about the movie that Zorua impersonates Dawn and tries to show Dawn's butt to Ash. Fanservice, foreshadowing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    This show is called Pokemon, not Pochaman.. although that sounds almost the same..

Youtube, DeviantArt, Bulbagarden, Imageshack, Photobucket, Smogon, Blog, Pokémon Series Analysis Dropbox Folder, Tumblr. PO/PS Username: Yusuf Kaya 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by Nutter t.KK View Post
    So far all I've seen is a Stufful on Serebii's Pre release screen shots.
    Mimikyu was in there too, look closer.

FINALLY! Took them long enough. If it weren't for the Detective Pikachu movie hanging over our heads, I would have thought this game was a lost cause. It made me very happy to see the English trailer. Can't wait.

I say this with extreme caution, as I know how people are going to react, but it's too bad it's not for the Switch. Yes, I know exactly why it isn't, and I never expected it to be. It's just a shame that its extremely awkward release schedule led to it being released on a dead system.

Join Ash and Pikachu as they travel to the Tenno Region, a region known for its advanced space program. Along their way towards the Tenno League and becoming a Pokémon Master they'll encounter new Pokémon, new enemies, such as the evil Team Planetary, and, of course, a certain trio of Team Rocket members, along with friends new and old. It's an out-of-this-world adventure!
    Check it out!

For news, episode reviews, info on my games, Luna, Terra, and Sol Versions, the basis of Cosmic Quest, Special Episodes, features like a Tenno Region Pokédex listing my custom Pokémon with pictures, and more visit the Pokémon Cosmic Quest Official Website.

Well I'm finally happy we're getting a Detective Pikachu release on March 23 not just limited to the US, but also in Europe too. I believe that they are trying to build up the hype for the Detective Pikachu movie that is to be released in 2019, which I believe could be a bit too long if unfortunately Detective Pikachu's popularity falls too quickly. And it's also good to see some more Gen 7 Pokémon and to get a fuller game.

"The Dragon that is immune to Dragon and the Fairy that is weak to Fairy."
    Sugimori art used; Peace to Dragons and Fairies
    Banner created by me

It's pretty cool Detective Pikachu is getting a release in the West. Took them long enough, but I guess they had to eventually with the movie being a thing and all. Seems like something fun, maybe it's worth giving a shot...

Although now I'm not sure whether to class it as a gen 6 spinoff or gen 7 spinoff. Maybe both?

What's crazy that I just realized is that next month marks the two year anniversary of this game's release in Japan. Detective Pikachu just has to be the strangest release cycle story of all time.

Join Ash and Pikachu as they travel to the Tenno Region, a region known for its advanced space program. Along their way towards the Tenno League and becoming a Pokémon Master they'll encounter new Pokémon, new enemies, such as the evil Team Planetary, and, of course, a certain trio of Team Rocket members, along with friends new and old. It's an out-of-this-world adventure!
    Check it out!

For news, episode reviews, info on my games, Luna, Terra, and Sol Versions, the basis of Cosmic Quest, Special Episodes, features like a Tenno Region Pokédex listing my custom Pokémon with pictures, and more visit the Pokémon Cosmic Quest Official Website.

Quote Originally Posted by Nutter t.KK View Post
    Does anyone reconise the Pikachu Actor? No not Ikue Ohtani, but the detective.
    Kaiji Tang

Owain from Fire Emblem and Looker from Pokemon: Generations

Quote Originally Posted by Weavy View Post
    It's pretty cool Detective Pikachu is getting a release in the West. Took them long enough, but I guess they had to eventually with the movie being a thing and all. Seems like something fun, maybe it's worth giving a shot...

Although now I'm not sure whether to class it as a gen 6 spinoff or gen 7 spinoff. Maybe both?
    Original release is Gen 6.

Full version rerelease is Gen 7.

Edit: http://www.pokebeach.com/2018/01/for...sm6-set-in-may

As expected, Ultra Necro will be a card of the sixth set, possibly the second main card. This leaves Zeraora as the sole remaining Alolan Pokémon in TCG.

Edit 2: Stakataka and Blacephalon also remain, but they can appear any time soon.
    Last edited by Trainer Yusuf; 14th January 2018 at 1:26 AM.
    This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciatted starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig . Started by Dax-360
    I also read from the bulbagarden thread about the movie that Zorua impersonates Dawn and tries to show Dawn's butt to Ash. Fanservice, foreshadowing?
    This show is called Pokemon, not Pochaman.. although that sounds almost the same..

Youtube, DeviantArt, Bulbagarden, Imageshack, Photobucket, Smogon, Blog, Pokémon Series Analysis Dropbox Folder, Tumblr. PO/PS Username: Yusuf Kaya 3.0

I'm thinking that Zeraora will be revealed before the new games. Revealing Zeraora after Gen 8 will kill any hype for it.
    I'm a young boy with a lot to prove.

Pokemon Switch is in a Nintendo EU survey asking fans what they’re likely to buy in the next 12 months,I wonder if we may be getting a direct for it soon?

Possible, though February is a more safe bet.

If there is another direct, it would need to happen with the two weeks.

Yeah I think in the past for one of the last Pokémon games they had a direct in February,Can't wait to see what it looks like.

Quote Originally Posted by Snes91 View Post
    Yeah I think in the past for one of the last Pokémon games they had a direct in February,Can't wait to see what it looks like.
    I would be very surprised if we get anything from the project this year. Keep your expectations low in the short term, is all I'm saying.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    I would be very surprised if we get anything from the project this year. Keep your expectations low in the short term, is all I'm saying.
    Not that I expect to get anything to come this year, but they did say Pokémon would come to the Switch 2018/2019, so it's not like a 2018 release date would be surprising, even if it's not the most likely option. I totally agree that expectations should be low, I just think it's going too far to say it would be surprising to get something this year.
    Last edited by Bguy7; 17th January 2018 at 5:45 AM.

Check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Bguy7 View Post
    but they did say Pokémon would come to the Switch 2018/2019
    I don't think they ever said 2018 was in the target range specifically - I'm reasonably sure they only said it would land somewhere "beyond 2017" or something similarly vague.

To be sure, I am not saying Pokémon Switch cannot come out this year, before someone takes offense - I am saying it is very unlikely.

-----
    Words to|live by

I don't think they ever said 2018 was in the target range specifically - I'm reasonably sure they only said it would land somewhere "beyond 2017" or something similarly vague.

To be sure, I am not saying Pokémon Switch cannot come out this year, before someone takes offense - I am saying it is very unlikely.
    Alright, I just double-checked. The exact words used was "more than a year." So yeah, it's very much on the ambiguous side, but I would think if they were concretely planning on a 2019 release date, they would have simply said two years instead of over a year. The ambiguous wording makes me think they're planning for/want a 2018 release, but aren't sure they can promise that. So based off of that, our only actual evidence, I still wouldn't call it very unlikely. Not ensured, or worth gambling on, but not so unlikely that we can discount it.

Check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Bguy7 View Post
    but I would think if they were concretely planning on a 2019 release date, they would have simply said two years instead of over a year.
    No. In the absence of literally anything save for a platform - no title, no art, nothing beyond telling us it'll be a Switch title - they would have had no reason to say anything other than the intentionally vague statement they purposely chose to use. The ambiguous wording should tell you exactly that - they have absolutely nothing they see fit to share at this (that) time.

Believe me, don't believe me, whatever, I'm telling you concretely that nothing they have said should in and of itself indicate they intend one over the other, and that it's not really worth debating back and forth any further beyond "this year is very unlikely but time will tell." You can take that and we can move on or you can keep saying "okay BUT I think they would have said this and not that."
    Last edited by BCVM22; 17th January 2018 at 6:20 AM.

-----
    Words to|live by

Actually, I do recall an article where Masuda stated that the earliest the game would be released would be 2018, but they don't want to rush it, so it likely won't be released that year.

Since there are things pointing towards Pokémon Switch being a Gen 8 game, I think we could probably assume a 2019 release. Of course, like all things Pokémon nowadays, anything could happen, so the smartest thing to do would be to just wait it out.

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceOfFacade View Post
    so the smartest thing to do would be to just wait it out.
    Which I did just say.

...and that it's not really worth debating back and forth any further beyond "this year is very unlikely but time will tell."

-----
    Words to|live by

They also said i quote,( In 2018 we will still continue to hype up Pokemon, so please look forward to it.” I'm thinking there hyping up Pokémon Switch by adding it to the survey.

They also said i quote,( In 2018 we will still continue to hype up Pokemon
    Which, in the spirit of the discussion, is textbook general PR speak. Would you expect him to say "we actually intend to ignore this franchise in 2018"?

I'm thinking there hyping up Pokémon Switch by adding it to the survey.
    Sure they're hyping it up. It'll be a really big thing when it happens. But that doesn't say anything one way or another about their intended release date.

-----
    Words to|live by

They also said i quote,( In 2018 we will still continue to hype up Pokemon, so please look forward to it.” I'm thinking there hyping up Pokémon Switch by adding it to the survey.
    Regardless of what I think about the release date, Game Freak is going to "hype up Pokémon" every year, regardless of what's coming out.

Check it out!

Page 1081 of 1083 FirstFirst ... 81981103110711077107810791080108110821083 LastLast