Page 140 of 533 FirstFirst ... 4090130136137138139140141142143144150190240 ... LastLast
Results 3,476 to 3,500 of 13319

Thread: ~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

Quote Originally Posted by Serebii View Post
    Here are the facts

1. The Unova Pokémon models were used in PokéPark 2. Exact same ones as were in Pokédex 3D
    2. The developers have said outright that they're keeping things sprite-based since they feel they can be more artistic.
    3. The press release was referring to PokéPark 2
    4. Nintendo is no longer supporting the DS. It is more than likely that any many series games coming will be on the 3DS. The later the game is, the higher the chances and they're already high
    Where was the thing about keeping games sprite based said?

This was hinted at earlier, but all third games have been retellings with a few new twists thrown in. I would expect grey to have a main storyline featuring N getting both zekrom and reshiram. You then have to find the grey stone or whatever in giant chasm and use it to get kyurem. Then the three dragons fuse into the original one somehow and you end up saving the world from its anger at N.

Anyway, that's how I think it will end up.
    Join the Pokemon Anime Style Battling League!
    Take a look at our guide to getting started and begin battling today!

PASBL: TL 5
    Rock Gym Leader

Here are the facts

1. The Unova Pokémon models were used in PokéPark 2. Exact same ones as were in Pokédex 3D
    2. The developers have said outright that they're keeping things sprite-based since they feel they can be more artistic.
    3. The press release was referring to PokéPark 2
    4. Nintendo is no longer supporting the DS. It is more than likely that any many series games coming will be on the 3DS. The later the game is, the higher the chances and they're already high
    See, my problem with the 2nd one is that it'll mean the end of Home Console communication, which is a downright dumb move (See the success of Battle Revolution and the Stadium games). If they didn't bring a "Stadium" like Black and White, I, along with MANY others, would be mad.

As for that 4th "fact", if this was true, then the CrossOver game would be for the DS, therefore, they still support it.
    Meh, working on sig...

How does keeping the core titles sprite-based have anything to do with whether there will eventually be another console battling title, about which there really isn't any question to begin with?

And as for the final point, does everything that P x NA is - a crossover title with a franchise that has a minimal presence outside of Japan and for which there's even some question as to whether they would localize it - really say to you "this title indicates our continued full support for this platform"? Or does it say "last vestige of support"?

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Also that's not really Nintendo, it's more Koei using the Pokemon licences than anything else.

I think they will continue to support the ds. Look at other games when the wii came out. They made battle revolution and rumble for wii but kept heir main focus on ds with platinum, black and white. The same thing is likely to happen with the 3ds. They will make a few games taking advantage of its features and whatnot, but continue with the ds. Just like they did with the wii.
    Join the Pokemon Anime Style Battling League!
    Take a look at our guide to getting started and begin battling today!

PASBL: TL 5
    Rock Gym Leader

Quote Originally Posted by Haymez View Post
    Look at other games when the wii came out. They made battle revolution and rumble for wii but kept heir main focus on ds with platinum, black and white.

The same thing is likely to happen with the 3ds. They will make a few games taking advantage of its features and whatnot, but continue with the ds. Just like they did with the wii.
    You've juxtaposed two completely unrelated factors here. What was, at any point, done with the Wii has absolutely nothing to do with what they're currently doing or ever did as far as handhelds are concerned. The DS was only two years old when the Wii came out, but that's completely irrelevant because one has absolutely nothing to do with the other as far as what games are developed. Consoles are one column, handhelds another. The console side is not in a state of transition (yet; give it a year), the handheld side just released a new system eight months ago.

I'll repeat this as many times as it has to be repeated: there is nothing to be gained by continuing strong support for the Nintendo DS. P x NA is a last gasp, and as Snowyarticuno pointed out, isn't even strictly a Nintendo product.

I'll repeat this too, in hopes that the logic propagates: you have the Nintendo DS, year eight, and the Nintendo 3DS, not even a year old. You have, at some point in the near future, a new Pokémon core title on the way, guaranteed to sell several million copies without breaking a sweat.

You can develop and release that guaranteed seller for old, defunct hardware, hardware you no longer support actively and won't be supporting at all after too long, and thus you can have people paying $40 a pop for the game.

OR.

You can release that game for hardware that's not even a year old, the hardware that's your handheld pillar for the next four to five years at least, and not only get the $40 a pop for the game, but the $170 from all those people who haven't bought that new hardware yet but will do so for a new Pokémon title.

You're Nintendo, i.e. a business and specifically a business whose goal is to make money. In the name of making money, which of those two do you do?

In the name of all things good and sacred, the next person who feels the need to post "dude, they'll totally continue supporting the DS!", read this first. If it doesn't stop you from posting, at least let it give you pause while you ponder it. Heavily.

-----
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    How does keeping the core titles sprite-based have anything to do with whether there will eventually be another console battling title, about which there really isn't any question to begin with?

And as for the final point, does everything that P x NA is - a crossover title with a franchise that has a minimal presence outside of Japan and for which there's even some question as to whether they would localize it - really say to you "this title indicates our continued full support for this platform"? Or does it say "last vestige of support"?
    Ah, is that what he meant? If so, that's ommon knowledge Lol

PXNA is still on the DS. Even if it may be the last, it's still supporting it still. In fact, I know a few games that are coming out for the DS still. Might we consider the downfall at first? Also, it is VERY possible that PKMN Grey could come out on the DS.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowyarticuno View Post
    Also that's not really Nintendo, it's more Koei using the Pokemon licences than anything else.
    It's not really the point. If Nintendo wasn't supporting it, they wouldn't allow Koei from releasing the game to the DS.
    Meh, working on sig...

Quote Originally Posted by Beeblebrox View Post
    It's definitely jumping to almighty conclusions to assume that Grey's being announced in this Coro Coro, but I will point out that last month's tease referred to a "world first" announcement. By definition, that's not Nobunaga's Ambition; that's already been revealed.
    For the record, it didn't say announcement. It said "Pokémon Game Information". This was interpreted as an announcement due to the fact that, at that time, there was no new game known. Pokémon + Nobunaga's Ambition was announced a few days afterwards. Logically, the information in CoroCoro this week will be the first actual information about this game beyond its existence and the handful of screenshots and clips we've seen now.

The Pokémon Company, a subsidary of Nintendo, is aiding in the development.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom champion Z View Post
    Where was the thing about keeping games sprite based said?
    The developers said as such in the myriad of interviews that came with the western release of Black & White.

Quote Originally Posted by aurasageluke View Post
    See, my problem with the 2nd one is that it'll mean the end of Home Console communication, which is a downright dumb move (See the success of Battle Revolution and the Stadium games). If they didn't bring a "Stadium" like Black and White, I, along with MANY others, would be mad.
    Them keeping the main series games sprite-based has no bearing on any home console communication. All games have been sprite based thusfar and oh look, home console games

PXNA is still on the DS. Even if it may be the last, it's still supporting it still. In fact, I know a few games that are coming out for the DS still. Might we consider the downfall at first? Also, it is VERY possible that PKMN Grey could come out on the DS.
    Third party games are still coming for the DS, yes. However, P+NA is the last first party one (albeit from a third party developer). Look at upcoming Nintendo games. Not a single DS game. They are no longer supporting it.

Look everyone, the DS is dead. Pokémon + Nobunaga's Ambition is just one of the last few DS games. It was probably decided to be DS when the 3DS was having flagging sales.

A main series Pokémon game would drive sales. Nintendo is a business. The 3DS will be 18 months old in Japan when the new game comes out and 2 years old when it comes in the west. Logic, commonsense and business dictate it will be on the 3DS and it's futile to think otherwise. The DS is dead. Let it go.

Look everyone, the DS is dead. Pokémon + Nobunaga's Ambition is just one of the last few DS games. It was probably decided to be DS when the 3DS was having flagging sales.

A main series Pokémon game would drive sales. Nintendo is a business. The 3DS will be 18 months old in Japan when the new game comes out and 2 years old when it comes in the west. Logic, commonsense and business dictate it will be on the 3DS and it's futile to think otherwise. The DS is dead. Let it go.
    There are a few games, even non-third parties, being released to the DS still. It'll die once we stop getting games for the DS. That's how the passing of a console's worked, and will continue to be as such. So, in otherwords, it's not dead until the final petal falls, ya?
    Meh, working on sig...

What non-third-party games are still being developed for the DS, exactly? Pokemon x Nobunaga's Ambition excluded, I don't know of any.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

When I visited Pokemon.com, I found this...

Could this mean the event Mewtwo that was given out in japan last year is coming to America?

^ Not sure where to put this, as the "Ex" looks like the suffix to the name of the TCG set, but who knows exactly what is implied here, and because it's not official yet, given no final date is set for the event's starting point, I cannot 100% confirm if it's a new BW event or not, but given the site, it looks likely...
    Last edited by gregjammer; 11th January 2012 at 6:04 AM.
    My D/P FC: 4255-0421-2254
    My Pt FC: 2450-0507-5436(old)
    My HG FC:3524-8966-7093(old)
    My black FC: 0691-4324-8351
    My black 2 FC: 3440-0907-8860
    My Y FC: 4038-6458-7352

Quote Originally Posted by gregjammer View Post
    When I visited Pokemon.com, I found this...

Could this mean the event Mewtwo that was given out in japan last year is coming to America?

^ Not sure where to put this, because it's not official yet, given no final date is set for the event's starting point, but given the site, it looks likely...
    This would be advertisement for the Mewtwo/Kyurem tcg set.

But! I believe that was what Mewtwo was given out for in the first place, so probably that too

This would be advertisement for the Mewtwo/Kyurem tcg set.

But! I believe that was what Mewtwo was given out for in the first place, so probably that too
    That wasn't really what the Mewtwo was given away for. Mewtwo was given away for Black & White and Pokémon Smash's 1st anniversary. Mewtwo is Shoko's favourite Pokémon and so it was chosen for that.

I'm not saying there won't be a WiFi event, but that art, the EX and everything are all related to the TCG
    There are a few games, even non-third parties, being released to the DS still. It'll die once we stop getting games for the DS. That's how the passing of a console's worked, and will continue to be as such. So, in otherwords, it's not dead until the final petal falls, ya?

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    What non-third-party games are still being developed for the DS, exactly? Pokemon x Nobunaga's Ambition excluded, I don't know of any.
    There are none, hence the point I'm making.

While third parties are continuing support, due to its large userbase, the 3DS is Nintendo's handheld focus now and there will be no more games from them for it.

Hello everyone, I feel like I'm butting in here but here goes anyway..

I'm by no means a hardcore fan so I'm not up to scratch on the latest news, but I do adore these games. My main question is about the next Pokemon game (Grey?) What information has been given so far if any?

I just got a 3DS for Christmas and I'll say that I'm really looking forward to a pokemon game on here. I'm also hoping for some information in the CoroCoro magazine... I heard there will be something in there on the 14h

We have no information on any main series Pokémon games, just rumours made up by the fandom.

It's extremely unlikely one will be revealed in CoroCoro this month as it will be covering Pokémon + Nobunaga's Ambition for the DS. We'll likely hear about the next main series game in April

We have no information on any main series Pokémon games, just rumours made up by the fandom.
    What are some interesting rumors you have heard that don't sound completely insane?

Quote Originally Posted by TeamSprocket View Post
    What are some interesting rumors you have heard that don't sound completely insane?
    The next Pokémon game will be out before Half life 2 Episode 3 (Coming Soon... Valve time). Technically it's part of a bet, but So far that's netted me with a few beers!

You can spot a TF2 player in the bar at Lan Parties! (Actually I don't think this one is a rumor.)
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

The qualifier you added at the end there reduces the number to "zero".

-----
    Words to|live by

The qualifier you added at the end there reduces the number to "zero".
    Just because it's a rumor does not make it insane.
    My Y Team:

Quote Originally Posted by Mortimor View Post
    In this fanbase, uh, yeah, it kinda does, but that's neither here nor there. Read closely: the question was specifically "what rumors have you heard that aren't insane?"

Most of the "rumors" that make the rounds that aren't insane aren't rumors so much as they are logical predictions - "there's a good chance there will be another Pokémon core title of some sort this year", "there will eventually be another 3D battling title, very possibly for the Wii U", etc.

When you add the "insane" qualifier to it, then you get into dreck like "there will totally be a new game and it will all be in VR-3D and you can go to every region and all of the Legendaries will be in it and at the end of the game I get candy and get made king of Pokémon". That sort of thing.

You dig? There really isn't a middle ground. Most of the actual rumors that float about aren't really rumors, and the ones that actually are really are a few different shades of crazy.

-----
    Words to|live by

In this fanbase, uh, yeah, it kinda does, but that's neither here nor there. Read closely: the question was specifically "what rumors have you heard that aren't insane?"

Most of the "rumors" that make the rounds that aren't insane aren't rumors so much as they are logical predictions - "there's a good chance there will be another Pokémon core title of some sort this year", "there will eventually be another 3D battling title, very possibly for the Wii U", etc.

When you add the "insane" qualifier to it, then you get into dreck like "there will totally be a new game and it will all be in VR-3D and you can go to every region and all of the Legendaries will be in it and at the end of the game I get candy and get made king of Pokémon". That sort of thing.

You dig? There really isn't a middle ground. Most of the actual rumors that float about aren't really rumors, and the ones that actually are really are a few different shades of crazy.

Don't forget the Orange Islands game crap that always gets thrown out there...
    My Y Team:

Quote Originally Posted by Mortimor View Post
    I think there needs to be some clarification to the word "rumor".

In most of the world when reporting on "rumors", it means it is information that allegedly comes form high level sources, but not in any official type of statement. Rather, the person reporting on the rumor is using a source that's a few steps lower on the food chain, such as a low level employee overhearing information.

In FANDOMS such as Pokemon, these "rumors" are just wish-lists that fans have that are based on complete speculation and not an ounce of fact. The "rumor" that Grey/Gray/3rd version will have Walking Pokemon has as much validity as the "rumor" that the 3rd version will re-do all the cries from Gen I/II*

*Which, by the way, is a "rumor" I just made up, right now, because it has been on a wish-list of mine.

Unlike other fans, however, I'm under no delusion that my little wish-list fantasy is actually being considered. It isn't.

People posting here asking "What info???" have to remember that no one here, except maybe Serebii and very, very few other people, know anything beyond what is being posted on the front page and being posted at other sites (both fan and official).

Also, there's another type of rumor that is just made up by 4chan, an Internet-based troll group (or in most cases, the Japanese equivalent of 4chan whose name escapes me at the moment). They're responsible for a few Pokemon rumors sprouting up, such as the often misquoted death of Ash's Butterfree that was supposedly "lost" in translation.
    Last edited by randomspot555; 11th January 2012 at 6:56 PM.
    I'm part of the staff at Project Pokemon! Smod in forums, AOP in IRC, Administrator on Shoddy. Come visit us. Our Project is Pokemon!

Yeah, it's kind of hard to have reasonable expectations for a franchise marketed towards 8 year olds...

For something you can reasonably expect, a main series title (likely either a 3rd Unova title or Hoenn remakes, as they were released in 2002 in Japan) to be revealed in Japan sometime between April and June, with a September release date in Japan only and released everywhere else in March 2013.

And given the fact that Japan would have had 3DSes for about a year and a half, if they don't make it for the 3DS then Nintendo will have officially forgotten how to make money.

CoroCoro won't be having an announcement

It promised New Game Information, not an announcement persay. This was interpretted as an announcement due to there not being any games known at that point. Then, Pokémon + Nobunaga's Ambition was announced. Logic dictates the information will be the first proper information about it.

Emerald was revealed in June for release in September
    DP was revealed properly in June for release in September
    Platinum was revealed in May for release in September
    HGSS was revealed in April for release in September
    BW was revealed in April for release in September

We have a pattern

I have claimed Giratina

Got that Pokemon calendar that I ordered from GameStop's Power Up Rewards today. Say that I actually saved about 15 dollars on getting the calendar even though the over 9,000 points I spent on it might ~ equal 9 dollars. This is what is on the page for every month for this year.

January - Iris , Axew , Ash , Cilan , Pansage , Snivy , Pikachu , Oshawott , and Tepig
    February - Reshiram and Zekrom
    March - Victini , Pikachu , Snivy , Tepig , and Oshawott
    April - Swanna , Emolga , Tranquil , and Woobat
    May - Galvantula , Joltik , Leavanny , Swaddloon , and Sewaddle
    June - Lillipup , Deerling , Pidove , Minccinno , and Audino
    July - Dewott , Servine , and Pignite
    August - Pansage , Panpour , and Pansear
    September - Darmanitan , Zoroark , and Excadrill
    October - Purrlion , Litwick , and Gothitelle
    November - Pidove , Zorua , Axew , Darumaka , Woobat , Emolga , Panpour , Scraggy ,
    Pansear , Oshawott , Munna , Sandile , Pikachu , Tepig , Snivy , Patrat , Pansage , Drillbur , Deerling , Dweeble , Sewaddle Alomomola , and Minccino
    December - Emboar , Serperior , Samurott

I do have to say that it is far better than my Angry Birds calendar I have for this year.

there's no Battle Frontier?!

Page 140 of 533 FirstFirst ... 4090130136137138139140141142143144150190240 ... LastLast