Page 153 of 533 FirstFirst ... 53103143149150151152153154155156157163203253 ... LastLast
Results 3,801 to 3,825 of 13314

Thread: ~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

Quote Originally Posted by Skirgedot View Post
    Even if it's Gray, it'll be for the near-defunct Nintendo DS, am I correct? Meh~
    Some pages ago, someone posted that nintendo don't support the nds console anymore and that it's therefore very unlikely that the next main series pokémon game will be released for that console.
    Also, 3d would be a major improvement for the next game, implying that more people would want to buy it (it wouldn't be similar enough to BW to use that as an excuse for not buying it).

Quote Originally Posted by Misty Lover17 View Post
    Gray would be boring. Which improvements could be in the 5th Gen remake? Almost nothing.
    The same improvements they made for all the other third versions, with a few differences.

Quote Originally Posted by Skirgedot View Post
    Even if it's Gray, it'll be for the near-defunct Nintendo DS, am I correct? Meh~
    It will most likely be for the 3DS. You said it yourself, the DS is defunct.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotomknight View Post
    I heard something on the internet about a nintendo official saying there will not be a gray version or similiar game. Most likey RSE remake. Sad cause im looking at my emerald right now
    My god, people still aren't bringing this up are they?

They were lying if they said that. Black and White had just come out, they were hardly going to tell people that there's a better version coming out soon.
    AS:

If the DS is defunct, why is the Nobunaga's Ambition crossover on the DS? I'm not saying grey won't be on the 3ds, but it wouldn't surprise me if it wasn't
    Finally got my shiny Axew

Quote Originally Posted by Rotomknight View Post
    I heard something on the internet about a nintendo official saying there will not be a gray version or similiar game. Most likey RSE remake. Sad cause im looking at my emerald right now
    Do you really expect them to say, "Oh yeah, and by the way, in a few years we'll be releasing a much better version of Black/White that has more features and stuff, so you're gonna be giving us even more money, kthxbai "
    HOW TO HEAR KYUREM'S CRY IN REAL LIFE:
    1. Blow your nose

Quote Originally Posted by Master Shake View Post
    If the DS is defunct, why is the Nobunaga's Ambition crossover on the DS? I'm not saying grey won't be on the 3ds, but it wouldn't surprise me if it wasn't
    That might have been Koei's decision, not GameFreak's.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowyarticuno View Post
    But it goes to show that nintendo isn't afraid to release on the DS. And I think if gamefreak really wanted to jump on the 3ds boat they would have waited another year and released B/W on it rather than cranking them out just a year after hgss on the DS

Quote Originally Posted by Snowyarticuno View Post
    Yeah, the key word here is "crossover".

Also, keep in mind that the announced game won't be released until September, in seven months' time, extending the time it will have been since the release of the 3DS (it'll be over a year-and-a-half).

But it goes to show that nintendo isn't afraid to release on the DS. And I think if gamefreak really wanted to jump on the 3ds boat they would have waited another year and released B/W on it rather than cranking them out just a year after hgss on the DS
    That would require keeping us waiting another year, and gamefreak probably wouldn't want to do that.
    I honestly don't care what it's released on, the 3ds can play ds games anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Asbestospoison View Post
    That would require keeping us waiting another year, and gamefreak probably wouldn't want to do that.
    I honestly don't care what it's released on, the 3ds can play ds games anyways.
    yes, but a lot of people may not have the option to/be allowed to/be able to buy a 3DS. and i doubt they would release the first two on one console. and then the sequel on another.
    Claimed

The above sprites were made by me. Any comments/requests are welcome (VM/PM)
    My native Vivillon form is Garden Pattern. If you'd like to trade, just drop a VM/PM and we'll see what we can arrange.
    I am also giving out TCG Online Codes, for more info click here.

Quote Originally Posted by the ash man83 View Post
    yes, but a lot of people may not have the option to/be allowed to/be able to buy a 3DS. and i doubt they would release the first two on one console. and then the sequel on another.
    You were saying?
    Last edited by Chaos Rush; 25th February 2012 at 7:51 PM.
    1. Blow your nose

Wouldn't they make even more money releasing it for the DS AND 3DS?

Not exactly sure how much more/less it would cost them to make the game on both platforms, though.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

Quote Originally Posted by ebevan91 View Post
    Wouldn't they make even more money releasing it for the DS AND 3DS?

Not exactly sure how much more/less it would cost them to make the game on both platforms, though.
    Exactly. It would cost double the money, and the DS is dying anyway, it's the 3DS era now.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Rush View Post
    Weren't gold and silver for the color but playable on the gameboy and crystal only for the color? That's a bit of a stretch, especially since the gbc had been out for a long long time by the time crystal came out if I remember right

Weren't gold and silver for the color but playable on the gameboy and crystal only for the color? That's a bit of a stretch, especially since the gbc had been out for a long long time by the time crystal came out if I remember right
    The 3DS was released long time ago.

Watch this be just a silhouette of a possible Kyurem form, or it be anouncing an even that has Kyurem's special moves.

Branded as GameBoy Color games; cartridge-specs wise - were nothing more than specialized GB carts. Yellow used the same ones as well if I'm not mistaken.

The key word being crossover.

Pokemon + Nobunaga's Ambition is the only game coming out for the DS this year as far as I know, and the only first party game.

Quote Originally Posted by the ash man83 View Post
    A few people whining on the internet is not a lot of people.
    AS:

Quote Originally Posted by ~Sapphire Sceptile~ View Post
    The key word being crossover.

Pokemon + Nobunaga's Ambition is the only game coming out for the DS this year as far as I know, and the only first party game.

A few people whining on the internet is not a lot of people.
    There's other games but none of any real note. You know, movie games, a few Learn English games in Japan, etc.
    SMT: Somethingsomething Days 2 comes out in the US I guess

Quote Originally Posted by A d v e n t™ View Post
    Branded as GameBoy Color games; cartridge-specs wise - were nothing more than specialized GB carts. Yellow used the same ones as well if I'm not mistaken.
    There are 3 types of Game Boy cartridges.

1. Gray ones. These are standard GB games. While the US Pokemon Red & Blue are physically red and blue cartridges, they are technically the gray type, meaning they are standard Game Boy games.

2. Black ones. These are GB games with access to minimal Game Boy Color features. Pokemon Yellow, Gold, and Silver, even though they are physically colored Yellow, Gold, and Silver, they are technically the black cartridge. They do not work on a Game Boy.

3. Transparent ones with an elevated bump at the top. These are strictly Game Boy Color games, and have access to all of the Game Boy Color's features. A game like Pokemon Crystal would not have been possible on the Game Boy because things like the Battle Tower and sprite animations would surpass the Game Boy's 8kb RAM limit. The GBC has a 32kb RAM limit.
    1. Blow your nose

When is this announcement supposed to come out in United States East Coast time, which is GMT-5 iirc.
    Laurence | Rock
    3325-1721-6092
    Onix | Shuckle | Nosepass

I think Nobunaga's Ambition was delayed from when it's initially intended to be released. I mean it's very common in the Comuter games business for games to take longer to make than intended. One way to "hide" delays is to not announce it until you've sure you can meet the release date.

I won't bore you with the details of my deeds in war-themed hat simulator, but Valve software are known for almost never getting products out on time. I personally add X units of time before I get started.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

Quote Originally Posted by foxyman1167 View Post
    When is this announcement supposed to come out in United States East Coast time, which is GMT-5 iirc.
    The time left is 3 hours, 53 minutes and 30 seconds. Add that to the current United States East Coast time.

OHGODTHESUSPENSE.
    I think I heard something about an extremespeed pikachu earlier, that was unrelated to this, right?
    Also Valve, I'm still waiting for Half-Life 2, Episode 3...

The extremespeed pikachu is an revealed event. It probably has nothing to do with this
    Credit to Pika Pal Lyra

Page 153 of 533 FirstFirst ... 53103143149150151152153154155156157163203253 ... LastLast