Page 22 of 533 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272122 ... LastLast

Thread: ~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

Apricorns would be changed to berries, like in FRLG. Simple.
    Last edited by pit-fall; 6th May 2009 at 6:08 AM.

All of the hints in Diamond, Pearl and Platinum. All of the hints in the anime. The three Johto starters in the latest movie.

Then we hear about some new worldwide news that's to be revealed in the Games section of the Pokemon Variety show.

What new game could there possibly be that they would make so much hype about. It has to be a Gold/Silver remake. No matter how many difficulties there may be it just has to be a Gold/Silver remake. hiou2 's post makes sense with the trading apricorn balls to Diamond and Pearl. I believe that there will definitely be a Gold/Silver remake.

Well everything seems to be pointing to a G/S remake still I'm not getting my hopes up too high just yet. But it would be awesome if it was I'll finally be able to use Chikorita again. And it's ApriCORN actully just thought I'd point that out.
    Last edited by ~Silver Aura~; 4th May 2009 at 7:20 AM.

Name: Drainer
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

Well, they might've installed apricon data thingies in plat and they just didn't tell us... anyway, in the anime topic... Ash and co. might come back to Johto and find that guy that has been keeping the ball all these years and he finally opened it. dunno... but they could reuse the plot originally created for Celebi.

If they put in secret coding, hackers would eventually find it/them on ROM's or just hacking.
    So if they did put Apricorn Ball data into D/P/Pt we would've known by now.

Living Pokedex Completion: 718/718 species in box.
    Completed February 5th, 2014.
    Previously known as Mime Senior.
    Currently looking for a legit event
    3DS (XL Yveltal) Friend Code: 0490-5755-7024

^ Oh... I didn't know that... I have not one clue about hacking... Maybe they'll reuse the Time portal thing again like stated earlier in this thread.

Possibly, but as I read somewhere on SPPf, undefined Pokeball data in D/P/Pt turns them into regular Pokeballs, but I can't find the source, I'm sure it was on here somewhere.

EDIT: Found the part where I read:

Quote Originally Posted by MetalMario View Post
    There are a couple of ways they could handle the Apricorns. First off, they could make Kurt turn them into the Hoenn/Sinnoh set of Pokéballs (kind of dumb IMO) or they could include the new Pokéballs but make them non-holdable or at least fly off when you attempt to trade them to D/P/P. I believe D/P/P are already programmed to display undefined Pokéball IDs as plain Pokéballs, which works well enough.
    Last edited by Tenilius; 4th May 2009 at 8:16 AM.

Living Pokedex Completion: 718/718 species in box.
    Completed February 5th, 2014.
    Previously known as Mime Senior.
    Currently looking for a legit event
    3DS (XL Yveltal) Friend Code: 0490-5755-7024

I know I shouldnt get ahead of myself but Im just so damn sure its a GS remake, but I guess nintendo has done it before, the last "big announcment" just turned to to be mystery dungeon sky.... :'(

but it seems wierd to do an "international announcment" for anything less than a pokemon RPG....

but why international? maybve they plan to do a simutanous worldwide release.... highly unlikely I know but just a though.

everything seems to fall in to place just nicely with this news; gold/solver ball, johto ingame data, johto starters in movie 12, the fact that they are announcing TWO games.... the list goes on

if nintendo pulls another ranger out of their butholes I will be ******, anything less than a new proper pokemon RPG will leave me furious.

I honestly don't think the Apricorn mechianic will be a problem after all most of the balls have been redone already.

• Red Apricorn's

Made the Level Ball which made Pokemon easier to catch depending on your level (same level x1, higher x2, double x4, quadruple x8). Will most likely be replaced by the Nest Ball.

• White Apricorn

These were made into the Fast Ball which made catching Pokemon that fled from battle. It's replacement will most likely be the Quick Ball.

• Blue Apricorn

These were made into the Lure Ball which caught Pokemon caught by rod easier to catch. Sounds like the Dive Ball to me.

• Yellow Apricorn

These were made into the Moon Ball that caught Pokemon who evolved via Moon Stone easier. The Dusk Ball will most likely replace it.

• Green Apricorn

These were made into the the Friend Ball. It's about the same as the Luxury Ball.

• Black Apricorn

These were made into the Heavy Ball which caught Pokemon based on weight. There is no real successor to this ball but I get the impression it will be replaced by the Timer Ball.

• Pink Apircorn

These were made into the Love Ball which caught Pokemon better if they were the opposite gender of yours. There is no real successor to this ball but I get the impression it will be replaced by the Heal Ball.

Ethier that or, as Metal Mario has said, they'll convert the balls to regular one's once traded over.

as skeith said the creators would easily solve the problem of apricorns, and i think that it will mostly likely be a gs remake, due to all the hints in the game, anime and 12th movie
    White team:

Black team:

Another kind of problem, the anime. Will ash just go back to johto? maybe because he did go bac to kanto to beat the battle frontier.
    The anime sucks but it rules all.

Quote Originally Posted by MetaPheonixPal View Post
    Another kind of problem, the anime. Will ash just go back to johto? maybe because he did go bac to kanto to beat the battle frontier.
    The anime sucks but it rules all.
    How is the anime a problem? The anime can just choose a story line loosely based around whatever game is out, and voila, there's a plot for the next 3-4 seasons/100-ish episodes.
    I'm part of the staff at Project Pokemon! Smod in forums, AOP in IRC, Administrator on Shoddy. Come visit us. Our Project is Pokemon!

And remember, the anime is based on the games, not the other way around.. so in order for the anime to continue, they just need to wait until the next game comes out.
    First MM Shiny Hunt Completed!
    After:2648 eggs!

For Apricorns, they'd just need to retcon what they made is all (as has been suggested).
    Maybe change them to key items so one wouldn't.

Also the Blue Apricorn would probably become a Net Ball, rather then a Dive Ball.
    Unless they brought dive spots back, Net would be far more useful

Well there are signs pointing to it being a gs remake which is pretty cool. Maybe they are doing the remakes in order like red/blue was remade in gen 3 gs gets remade in gen 4 then gen 3 gets remade in gen 5. Probably not but you can never have to much speculation. Or can you hmm...

Quote Originally Posted by Skeith View Post
    I honestly don't think the Apricorn mechianic will be a problem after all most of the balls have been redone already.

• Red Apricorn's

Made the Level Ball which made Pokemon easier to catch depending on your level (same level x1, higher x2, double x4, quadruple x8). Will most likely be replaced by the Nest Ball.

• White Apricorn

These were made into the Fast Ball which made catching Pokemon that fled from battle. It's replacement will most likely be the Quick Ball.

• Blue Apricorn

These were made into the Lure Ball which caught Pokemon caught by rod easier to catch. Sounds like the Dive Ball to me.

• Yellow Apricorn

These were made into the Moon Ball that caught Pokemon who evolved via Moon Stone easier. The Dusk Ball will most likely replace it.

• Green Apricorn

These were made into the the Friend Ball. It's about the same as the Luxury Ball.

• Black Apricorn

These were made into the Heavy Ball which caught Pokemon based on weight. There is no real successor to this ball but I get the impression it will be replaced by the Timer Ball.

• Pink Apircorn

These were made into the Love Ball which caught Pokemon better if they were the opposite gender of yours. There is no real successor to this ball but I get the impression it will be replaced by the Heal Ball.
    Good. I like this. I was thinking they would just be made into the balls we have in this generation, but these specific predictions are really what I'd like to happen.
    Blurg.

One of my friends showed us a link to some info about the new announce games, but I think it's just something we already heard before. :P Nothing new, but still gets my hopes up.

http://diehardgamefan.com/2009/05/04...turn-to-johto/

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

Quote Originally Posted by Killer Grunt View Post
    Well there are signs pointing to it being a gs remake which is pretty cool. Maybe they are doing the remakes in order like red/blue was remade in gen 3 gs gets remade in gen 4 then gen 3 gets remade in gen 5.
    They won't need to remake RSE if their is still compatibility with it and the 5th gen, even if it is only through DPPt. And frankly, I don't want RSE to be remade. I feel like GSC were the best Pokemon games, plus many GSC cartridge's internal clocks have timed out.

Probably not but you can never have to much speculation. Or can you hmm...
    You can.

Quote Originally Posted by the1stpkmnfan View Post
    One of my friends showed us a link to some info about the new announce games, but I think it's just something we already heard before. :P Nothing new, but still gets my hopes up.

Interesting article, but I'm not sure how reliable the site is.

About the names... I kind of want it to just be Gold and Silver or possibly Gold DS and Silver DS. I suspect people may quote this to tell me how stupid I am and that it will it will "definitely, positively, be Dusk Gold and Dawn Silver without any doubt". In spite of this, I don't care. I am merely saying what I want it to be. This isn't a prediction.
    Blurg.

Quote Originally Posted by Overheat Hothead View Post

About the names... I kind of want it to just be Gold and Silver or possibly Gold DS and Silver DS. I suspect people may quote this to tell me how stupid I am and that it will it will "definitely, positively, be Dusk Gold and Dawn Silver without any doubt". In spite of this, I don't care. I am merely saying what I want it to be. This isn't a prediction.
    if you look in his previous article that was posted
    http://diehardgamefan.com/2009/03/27...mon-game-ever/

"Years ago when I did my “Top 30 RPG Countdown” The second generation of Pokemon games made it all the way up into the top five. Perhaps, PERHAPS sometime in 2009 (Say, May 10th, 2009), we’ll get to return to Johto in one form or another."

scroll to the bottom he predicted an anouncement on may 10th, the article was posted march 27th. thats a hell of a prediction if you ask me.
    Last edited by hellmetal789; 6th May 2009 at 3:11 PM.
    "We are working on such an absolutely new game that it will make you wonder 'Is this really pokemon?!'" -Junichi Masuda

Quote Originally Posted by Overheat Hothead View Post

I think it's more of a Blog, telling what the person thinks about this announcement. Though, Im not sure as well. :P

I'd love the game titles to be DuskGold and DawnSilver, but it's unlikely if there's a better title.

Twitter @TrainerTrevino

Quote Originally Posted by hellmetal789 View Post
    if you look in his previous article that was posted
    http://diehardgamefan.com/2009/03/27...mon-game-ever/

"Years ago when I did my “Top 30 RPG Countdown” The second generation of Pokemon games made it all the way up into the top five. Perhaps, PERHAPS sometime in 2009 (Say, May 10th, 2009), we’ll get to return to Johto in one form or another."

scroll to the bottom he predicted an anouncement on may 10th, the article was posted march 27th. thats a hell of a prediction if you ask me.
    OK. Maybe he has sources, but I'm still taking this with a grain of salt. It's not like I want this to be fake. The guy does say the remakes are real...

I think it's more of a Blog, telling what the person thinks about this announcement. Though, Im not sure as well. :P

I'd love the game titles to be DuskGold and DawnSilver, but it's unlikely if there's a better title.
    Eh. I called it an article because, reliable or not, it seemed somewhat professional.
    Blurg.

Gold Dusk and Silver Dawn sound like good enough names to me. In many ways those are the best names. they follow the same fomula for names that Fire Red and Leaf Green did.

Black FC: 0905 8203 0859

I'd take it with a grain of salt. But he did say he has a Pokemon named after him(Lucario LOL!) so I have no idea.
    BLAH

I wouldn't say it's a really big article, nor that reliable, since I really like the Titles DuskGold/DawnSilver. They sound alright, so I see no reason why they can't use them. Except for what he said:

Quote Originally Posted by Article
    The games (yes, there will be two) are NOT Pokemon DuskGold and DawnSilver. These names are not trademarked by Nintendo, Creatures Ltd., Game Freak OR the Pokemon Company. Part of the reason this rumour came about is because of the Dusk and Dawn stones introduced in Pokemon Diamond and Pearl. However a simple check shows neither website domain is owned by any of the parties that would (Creatures Inc., Game Freak, The Pokemon Company, or Nintendo). This is a bad rumour based on poorly written Pokemon articles claiming both stones evolve Johto related Pokemon. This is not true. The Dusk Stone does evolve the Johto originated Pokemon Misdreavus and Murkow, but the Dawn Stone evolves two Pokemon from Hoenn aka Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire (Snorunt and Kirlia).

Twitter @TrainerTrevino

Page 22 of 533 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272122 ... LastLast