Page 303 of 533 FirstFirst ... 203253293299300301302303304305306307313353403 ... LastLast
Results 7,551 to 7,575 of 13309

Thread: ~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

Quote Originally Posted by TheAwesomeGarchompHD View Post
    If Misty and Brock are infact in BW2, maybe they'll come back to the anime!?
    Please, no! That would cause the fanbase to go all nostalgic demanding they stay and keep everything in Kanto.

But for the news that's confirmed, why do the forms look like Legendary bird ripoff's?
    And I hope the Bianca and Cheren are truly back.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122
    Dark Pit isn't that bad of an inclusion, you'll get over it trust me.

Quote Originally Posted by thebattleforntierash View Post
    why do the forms look like Legendary bird ripoff's?

Doesn't look that way to me at all...
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

Quote Originally Posted by thebattleforntierash View Post
    But for the news that's confirmed, why do the forms look like Legendary bird ripoff's?
    Just because 1 has a bird-like forme, it's a ripoff? From what I can tell, only Tornadus appears to be a bird. It's a little hard to tell what the other two are, but they don't look Tornadus in that scan.
    "Believe in yourself and create your own destiny. Don't fear failure." - Only Toonami
    -----
    My Pokemon Teams
    -----
    White 2 Team:
    Black Team:
    SoulSilver Team:
    Platinum Team:
    Diamond Team:
    FireRed Team:
    Ruby Team:

As voicerocker noted, only one of the djinn has wings, and that one isn't of a color that corresponds to any of the Kanto bird trio. Since when do any of the bird trio have horns, facial hair, paws or tortoise shells? I don't see the connection at all.

As I pointed out only two posts before thebattle's, they seem to be based off Chinese astrology/mythology. Please read at least the most recent page in a thread before you post to alleviate further confusion.

Quote Originally Posted by 3D992 View Post
    Is it just me or is Game Freak running out of ideas?
    Any time anyone asks this in any seriousness, the answer is "no, it's just you". Eternally.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

why do people still call them djinn? they're not djinn, or related to them at all. they're kami. :/ also yeah only one is a bird, and no game freak is not running out of ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly View Post
    why do people still call them djinn? they're not djinn, or related to them at all. they're kami.
    Strictly speaking, they are based off kami, yes. However, their design is visually based off djinn/genies, and as most of us are more familiar with genies than we are with far East mythology, we occasionally refer to them as jinn. It's perfectly acceptable, like calling Reshiram-Zekrom-Kyurem the Unova dragon trio rather than the tao trio. Both are correct - one just refers to the symbolic aspect whereas the other refers to their design.

Any input at all on the "Four Symbols" notion?
    Last edited by Blivsey; 11th May 2012 at 7:37 PM.

EDIT: Due to my oppinions alawys making people mad I have removed the contents of this post.
    Last edited by 3D992; 11th May 2012 at 8:38 PM.
    I have:
    Platinum
    Heartgold
    White
    Black
    Rumble Blast
    White 2

I used to liek mudkipz, then I took an arrow in the knee. However the arrow turned out to be a seaking. It yelled "F*** yeah" so I screamed "FUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!". The seaking's face became that of a troll while mine became forever alone. The situation was super effective.

I just hate all the new forms! I wish they'd make new pokemon and stop messing with older ones!
    No one cares about your butthurt opinions! Kami birds are awesome anyway.

Cipher sent us to hell - but we're going even deeper - take back every Pokemon that we've lost!
    Wakin, I'm already a demon...
    3DS friend code: 2148-8189-4401 (Rock Type) Nosepass/Pupitar/Barbaracle
    Dream Code: 5400-2204-6955

I just hate all the new forms! I wish they'd make new pokemon and stop messing with older ones!
    I'm sure others feel the same as you...but I'm also sure others don't. They can't please every single person. If you don't like them that's fine, don't use them, you can't expect them to make every single Pokemon to your liking.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

I wish they'd make new pokemon and stop messing with older ones!
    Midway through a generation?

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

well this is quite the surprise i guess you could call it? I'm just gonna stop guessing now, the only thing i got right was sorta the returning past gen characters and cheren being a gym leader, though that hasn't been confirmed im just going to assume it is

RIP Ice Grabbers
    Super Smash Bros. Melee - Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Nana you're too smart for a 3DS.
    *credit to PurpleBlitz for drac stuff*

Psychic Politoed, please be respectful - we care enough about his opinion to reply, after all. Besides, as noted, the trio isn't really based on birds.

BCVM's right, though - as much as we'd all like to see new Pokémon over new forms, it'd break precedent completely to add new Pokémon in the middle of a generation. As much as I'd hoped for the Four Symbols to be their own legendaries rather than just forms, forms are the most that can be added without advancing to Gen.VI. We're getting an awful lot in these games, anyway - we should be glad for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Blivsey View Post
    Psychic Politoed, please be respectful - we care enough about his opinion to reply, after all. Besides, as noted, the trio isn't really based on birds.

BCVM's right, though - as much as we'd all like to see new Pokémon over new forms, it'd break precedent completely to add new Pokémon in the middle of a generation. As much as I'd hoped for the Four Symbols to be their own legendaries rather than just forms, forms are the most that can be added without advancing to Gen.VI. We're getting an awful lot in these games, anyway - we should be glad for that.
    There's kanto people in the games, and there's probably more if it's true. That solves half the issues about never pleasing the fanbase, though it's still true with these forms...

RIP Ice Grabbers
    Super Smash Bros. Melee - Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Nana you're too smart for a 3DS.
    *credit to PurpleBlitz for drac stuff*

Quote Originally Posted by Blivsey View Post

I guess you're right. It just seems we are getting alot of new forms from corocoro and I'm not really one for forms.
    I have:
    Platinum
    Heartgold
    White
    Black
    Rumble Blast
    White 2

I used to liek mudkipz, then I took an arrow in the knee. However the arrow turned out to be a seaking. It yelled "F*** yeah" so I screamed "FUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!". The seaking's face became that of a troll while mine became forever alone. The situation was super effective.

So, these are either the worst things ever, or the best thing ever.

Currently, I'm leaning towards the latter.

Quote Originally Posted by Blazios View Post
    So, these are either the worst things ever, or the best thing ever.

Currently, I'm leaning towards the latter.
    How could anyone hate Birdorus
    He looks so happy

I dont understand why people dont like the forms, I think that they look... elegantish. Anyway its nice to have some news and it is forms so its relatively good news. Even though it isnt confirmed, I like the idea of Brock and Giovanni back so I'll try and keep my hopes up.
    The most Superior Snivy. Left, good time here though. I loved this place.

Really surprised by the new forms. They look pretty odd... like weird parrots. Anyways...I'm getting down the real issue. I wonder what will be different about them. New stats? Moves? Abilities? Any thoughts anyone?
    Black FC: 5028 7872 0522 (Travis)

My shiny pokemon:

If Misty and Brock come back to the anime and stir up those nostalgia fans, I am going to be so mad. The absolute last thing we need is the series resetting to its original form again.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanilluxe View Post
    'female Tornadus'

What makes people assume they are female? Take a look at official artwork and you will see that these 'bras/breasts' are actually just pecs.

Here, a screenshot from the anime.

The pecs are nothing new.
    Because they look female I guess? Probably should have put it in strike through to make it clearer.

Quote Originally Posted by Flame Mistress View Post
    If Misty and Brock come back to the anime and stir up those nostalgia fans, I am going to be so mad. The absolute last thing we need is the series resetting to its original form again.
    As much as I want Ash to see Misty again, I feel as though if they were to return in any way in the Anime it would be in their own special episodes separate from Ash's adventure like what happened with Brock and Dawn. Also, no to mention Misty and Brock would be older in the games then in the anime so they wouldn't be quiet the same so I don't think it'd be a good enough excuse to bring them back That's just my opinion anyway.

Ken Sugimori Gen I/II art for Mega Charizard courtesy of http://tomycase.deviantart.com/

3DS Friendcode - 4038-6259-5615

I didn't mean as main characters I meant for a episode or two if Ash decides to check out that place.
    [IMG]http://oi46.*******.com/jt7yg2.jpg[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Snowyarticuno View Post
    How could anyone hate Birdorus
    He looks so happy
    That's one of the reasons I was liking them, yes.

I for one actually am pleased with the new forms and the fact that I totally didn't see them coming. I wonder how these formes will affect gameplay and or story.

3DS XL Friend Code: 2036-7872-1965
    .:: deviantART | Tumblr | Hummingbird | YouTube ::.

Page 303 of 533 FirstFirst ... 203253293299300301302303304305306307313353403 ... LastLast