Page 343 of 533 FirstFirst ... 243293333339340341342343344345346347353393443 ... LastLast
Results 8,551 to 8,575 of 13321

Thread: ~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

Quote Originally Posted by blaze boy View Post
    Actually we can.

When Black and White launched in the UK Nintendo gave away Victini both over Wi-Fi and in store.
    That wasn't what he meant.
    He means that there will always be people who complain even if a Pokemon is distributed through both the store and Wi-Fi. -_-''

If people go to GAME and/or Gamestation and get told they have to pre-order, ask to see the manager. If they still insist, point them to the internal memo which says, and I quote

(Note - Technically, customers can still download Keldeo if they do not pre-order Pokémon Black & White 2 if they just bring their DS into store, but obviously we are discouraging this and trying to message as a gift available with pre-order.)
    It's wrong that they're trying this (most stores are actually fine with you just going in), but their own internal memos are telling them to let people download. In addition to that,a ll official details are saying that no pre-order is necessary

I'm doing my best to try and sort this for both here and America, but it'd take weeks before things get resolved, if they ever do.

Unfortunately, they're likely going to try this with Genesect...only letting you download if you buy B2W2 there -_-

In the meantime, contact The Pokémon Company International (NOT Nintendo) about this. List the store and location and they should deal with it

Mercifully, the nearest Gamestation nearest to me knew of the event and knew what they were doing to set their side up, and they didn't even ask about preorders.

Odd that Birkenhead knew what they were doing, but apparently no other GAME or Gamestation in Merseyside...

Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    Looking at all this mess (and not to mention I live in a country without any of those shops*), I'm really hoping there will be a Wi-Fi event for Keldeo soon, and that Meloetta and Genesect will be via Wi-Fi as well.

It's not until 5th Gen that I finally gets to own a Celebi (through a trade), I don't think I want to wait until 7th or 8th Gen before I can finally have Keldeo/Meloetta/Genesect lol

*my country do have game shops, but they're not a branch of those shops doing the events, they're just local game shops who don't even know Pokemon have events
    I hope Keldeo gets a Wi-Fi event too. I really hate getting my parents to drive me to gamestop just to get a pokemon. And between the store event and the Wi-Fi event, pretty much everyone will get a chance to get Keldeo.
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

Recent Shiny: Cresselia
    Current Hunt: Regirock

I still don't see why the tiny minority refuse to accept the introduction of Wi-Fi events which exclude a handful of people when in store events exclude entire countries.

I am in OHIO US. We walked into the store and there was a poster. I performed the mystery gift. I got the Pokemon. I don't know that they realized that I was even there. They were busy behind the counter reading game magazines...

I also tried to see if they had any other pokemon related downloads, but I couldnt get anything else to show up. Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by lvirden View Post
    I also tried to see if they had any other pokemon related downloads, but I couldnt get anything else to show up. Oh well.
    If there was it would have been posted on the wensite your on now -_-
    Add me on Pokemon X! FC- 2809-9372-1773

Looking For Shiny Tyrunt!

I think the most obvious reason to continue doing events in store is the foot traffic. There's no doubt in my mind that people going in (or at least a pretty good majority of them) to the stores are probably going to end up buying something else.

Like, when TRU had ..i think it was Arceus. I ended up getting a couple packs of cards and an action figure. Even if half of the people going in bought like one thing, that's probably a really good bump up from what the store would normally make that day.

Now, that's not the case with every single person of course, but it's the main reason I see that they're still continuing to do download events in big chain stores (like TRU, Gamestop, etc) rather than doing it via Wi-Fi which almost has access to now. Heck, even if you don't have it in your house, you could find wi-fi pretty easily. I was on vacation when the Darkrai Member's Card thing was distributed, and I ended up downloading it from a small restaurant in some podunk down!

Quote Originally Posted by spyroflame0487 View Post
    I think the most obvious reason to continue doing events in store is the foot traffic. There's no doubt in my mind that people going in (or at least a pretty good majority of them) to the stores are probably going to end up buying something else.

Like, when TRU had ..i think it was Arceus. I ended up getting a couple packs of cards and an action figure. Even if half of the people going in bought like one thing, that's probably a really good bump up from what the store would normally make that day.

Now, that's not the case with every single person of course, but it's the main reason I see that they're still continuing to do download events in big chain stores (like TRU, Gamestop, etc) rather than doing it via Wi-Fi which almost has access to now. Heck, even if you don't have it in your house, you could find wi-fi pretty easily. I was on vacation when the Darkrai Member's Card thing was distributed, and I ended up downloading it from a small restaurant in some podunk down!
    Umm most people (at least here in Texas) dont even go in the store, they usually do it from the parking lot...

It is really quite awful that certain stores are putting pressure for people to pre-order in order to get Keldeo...

Just go in, turn on the mystery gift, and try to do it before they notice

Anyway, when I go to get my Pokemon White 2 Pre-order I am going to pop in and get Keldeo.

Has ANYTHING been mentioned about a U.S release for Genesect? Usually the U.S gets events that the UK and other European countries get, so I hope..

Kalos Team: Delphox, Florges, Aegislash, Heliolisk, Hawlucha, Avalugg
    Latest Shiny: Helioptile

Fire Safari: Ponyta, Pyroar, Braixen - 1478-3803-9332
    I have claimed #671, Florges

*credit to Equal-To-Heaven for the clock

Quote Originally Posted by PocketMonstre View Post
    It is really quite awful that certain stores are putting pressure for people to pre-order in order to get Keldeo...

Just go in, turn on the mystery gift, and try to do it before they notice

Anyway, when I go to get my Pokemon White 2 Pre-order I am going to pop in and get Keldeo.

Has ANYTHING been mentioned about a U.S release for Genesect? Usually the U.S gets events that the UK and other European countries get, so I hope..
    Most of them don't turn it on until they have decided you should download it.

Nothing about Genesect yet, the information we have for the UK one is just a bit from a memo and GAME staff. No official announcement occured

Quote Originally Posted by Serebii View Post
    Most of them don't turn it on until they have decided you should download it.
    Really? Most of the people I know just downloaded it from the parking lot, myself included.

Quote Originally Posted by Agonist View Post
    Really? Most of the people I know just downloaded it from the parking lot, myself included.
    Maybe with the Gamestop event in the US, but everyone at the UK event that I've heard of has had to ask to have it turned on, myself included.

Quote Originally Posted by Blazios View Post
    Maybe with the Gamestop event in the US, but everyone at the UK event that I've heard of has had to ask to have it turned on, myself included.
    Same here, I had to ask about it and the only promotional poster indicating it might be there was an instruction sheet the guy kept under the counter. I even had a five minute delay because it turned out the 3DS the distribution cartridge was in had its wireless disabled :P.

Oh, while I'm at it, the store guy seemed quite adamant that if I were to pick up keldeo from the delivery guy and then turn off without saving, e.g. to soft reset for a good nature, I'd lose my keldeo forever. Just to double check, that's not actually true, right?

I mean it hasn't been true for any prior events and I think I can see where the misunderstanding came from, but better safe then sorry, right?
    Will-Powered Spriter

Quote Originally Posted by Will-powered Spriter View Post
    Oh, while I'm at it, the store guy seemed quite adamant that if I were to pick up keldeo from the delivery guy and then turn off without saving, e.g. to soft reset for a good nature, I'd lose my keldeo forever. Just to double check, that's not actually true, right?

I mean it hasn't been true for any prior events and I think I can see where the misunderstanding came from, but better safe then sorry, right?
    Not even remotely true.

Quote Originally Posted by rocky505 View Post
    My GameStop really grinded my gears. They had posters and little papers advertising the keldeo event and I try to download one and it didn't work. I asked the workers at the counter about it and they said they weren't doing it. Seriously who the heck advertises for an event and doesn't do it!?

Reminds me of when i went to get deoxys in 2008,. the store had posters up and everything.. yet no pokemon.. i had to go to the otyher in the mall that had it,..but no advertsiments for it lol

Take a step and I'm on my way, gonna start all over again,.......again.

I want to get this "Pouch" that game are giving out here in the UK but, I can't seem to find any mention of it on both the GAME website and the stores twitter. Anyone in the UK have a solution?

Soon I'll have you, after years and years XD

Note - Technically, customers can still download Keldeo if they do not pre-order Pokémon Black & White 2 if they just bring their DS into store, but obviously we are discouraging this and trying to message as a gift available with pre-order.)
    I find it really disgusting that GAME/Gamestation has the galls to try and con you to pre-order Black and White 2 just so you can download Keldeo.

It is wrong and they know it, heck they almost tried to charge me for the Manaphy code but luckily I brought proof that you didn't have to pay at all with me.

Unfortunately, they're likely going to try this with Genesect...only letting you download if you buy B2W2 there -_-
    I really hope that they don't do that, since I have no plans to buy Black and White 2 from there.

In the meantime, contact The Pokémon Company International (NOT Nintendo) about this. List the store and location and they should deal with it
    How would one go round contacting the The Pokémon Company International?

Quote Originally Posted by HRRlion View Post
    I want to get this "Pouch" that game are giving out here in the UK but, I can't seem to find any mention of it on both the GAME website and the stores twitter. Anyone in the UK have a solution?
    It's a pre-order bonus if you pre-order from GAME/Gamestation.

If you ask me it isn't worth it and you should pre-order somewhere else, preferably from a place that isn't trying to rip their customers off or over charge them.

"Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

E-mail through the official site I guess

thats prtty crummy they are doing that to you UK guys. Here in the US, gamestop/toyrus, whomever is running it,.. leaves it on and just lets it transmit the entire day. I know that they do whatever you can to get a costomer to preorder,.. but thats just damn wrong making somone pre order for keldeo and other events.

I suggesty trying here people. this is the primary email adress .

s.johnson@pokemon.com

I got the info from here

http://jobs.gamasutra.com/JobSeekerX...ProfileID=4200

here is also pokemon's US facebook address. you uk guys could try here.

http://www.facebook.com/sharer/share...on.com%2Fus%2F

as well as their UK facebook page.

http://www.facebook.com/sharer/share...on.com%2Fuk%2F

Take a step and I'm on my way, gonna start all over again,.......again.

I walked into GAME today to download the Keldeo...staff might have seen me with my 3DS out but the download was up and everything. Sounds like some are tighter than others.
    Hoenn:
    Sinnoh:
    Unova/World Tournament A:
    Unova 2/World Torunament B:
    My name is Luke. My favourite Pokemon is Zorua. I want to make films when I'm older. DOES THIS SOUND FAMILIAR?
    (Also Luke's Japanese seiyuu happens to be my favourite one)

Quote Originally Posted by Mew-100 View Post
    I walked into GAME today to download the Keldeo...staff might have seen me with my 3DS out but the download was up and everything. Sounds like some are tighter than others.
    Which GAME did you go to?

Soon I'll have you, after years and years XD

I went to my game in the uk on Sat. There were no posters or anything to indicate the keldeo event. I asked one of the staff members but they didn't really have a clue about the event, just saying that there was no wifi set up. I went back the the next day to see if i could preorder white 2, and i did. I then mentioned the keldeo event to the person who served me. They then whipped out the wifi distributor machine and keldeo was mine at last. So relieved!

Quote Originally Posted by redphoenix View Post
    I went to my game in the uk on Sat. There were no posters or anything to indicate the keldeo event. I asked one of the staff members but they didn't really have a clue about the event, just saying that there was no wifi set up. I went back the the next day to see if i could preorder white 2, and i did. I then mentioned the keldeo event to the person who served me. They then whipped out the wifi distributor machine and keldeo was mine at last. So relieved!
    How is that distributer machine? I'm curious about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Royal_Qeca View Post
    How is that distributer machine? I'm curious about it.
    Its just a Router to broadcast WiFi Signal...

Page 343 of 533 FirstFirst ... 243293333339340341342343344345346347353393443 ... LastLast