Page 344 of 533 FirstFirst ... 244294334340341342343344345346347348354394444 ... LastLast
Results 8,576 to 8,600 of 13309

Thread: ~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

  1. #8576
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    In England, watching yaoi n_n
    Posts
    2,810

    Default

    Right. I'm going to the Watford GAME this weekend, and I have a new plan of action: I'm going to print out the page about the Keldeo event that's on their website, so that if they ask me "lol, what event are you talking about you silly woman?" I can go, well, THIS ONE


    Edit: Lol. I decided to actually phone up the GAME in Watford (since my dad wasn't too keen on just going there on the off-chance of the event being there), and, guess what? ... Automated answering machine.

    "Hello. Thank you for calling GAME. Would you like information on ordering games online and collecting them in-store?"
    No.
    "Would you like information of trading in your second-hand games?"
    No.
    "Would you like information on how to locate your local GAME store?"
    No
    "For any other inquires, please check our website or visit us at your local GAME store. Thanks for calling!"
    ... *facepalm*

    Geez, GAME, thanks. That was very helpful... >__> I guess we will just be going there on the off-chance. What's the point of having a telephone number for a specific shop if you can't talk to somebody at that shop?
    Last edited by Heliotrope; 4th September 2012 at 2:30 PM.

    My shiny Pokemon pictures ~~ My shiny Pokemon videos
    AC:NL - Helen from Fafner ~~ Dream Address: 7700-3428-6939
    3DS 1 FC: 2208-4574-2359 ~ 3DS 2 FC: 0834-1721-4212
    Newest shiny: Kyurem - 2nd February 2014 (Black 2 - 3329 soft resets)

  2. #8577
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Take a wild guess...
    Posts
    335

    Default

    I managed to get my Keldeo without any problems, and the guy who served me didn't try to pull any tricks like people have mentioned to make me preorder B2 or W2. Granted I was worried at first because they didn't have any adverts or posters, just this manual to help staff who didn't know what to do. It was the only indication there was an event going on.
    Claimed


    The above sprites were made by me. Any comments/requests are welcome (VM/PM)
    My native Vivillon form is Garden Pattern. If you'd like to trade, just drop a VM/PM and we'll see what we can arrange.
    I am also giving out TCG Online Codes, for more info click here.

  3. #8578
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Oxford, England
    Posts
    3,082

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Royal_Qeca View Post
    How is that distributer machine? I'm curious about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by xX ZeR0 Xx View Post
    Its just a Router to broadcast WiFi Signal...
    Odd, in my case it was a bog standard 3DS with a special cartridge in it.

    All this and more on my tumblr!
    I can breed premier ball Johto starters.
    3DS: 1160-9852-7611
    Will-Powered Spriter

  4. #8579
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Take a wild guess...
    Posts
    335

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Will-powered Spriter View Post
    Odd, in my case it was a bog standard 3DS with a special cartridge in it.
    Same here, except the guy took a while to find it in a cupboard under the counter.
    Claimed


    The above sprites were made by me. Any comments/requests are welcome (VM/PM)
    My native Vivillon form is Garden Pattern. If you'd like to trade, just drop a VM/PM and we'll see what we can arrange.
    I am also giving out TCG Online Codes, for more info click here.

  5. #8580
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Kalos
    Posts
    593

    Default

    This is actually really troubling to hear that the GAME employees are being so cheap.

    I am going to try and get my Keldeo sometime in the next week or two, and I really hope they don't try to pull anything like this.

    Have there been reports of Gamestop doing this?


    Kalos Team: Delphox, Florges, Aegislash, Heliolisk, Hawlucha, Avalugg
    Latest Shiny: Helioptile




    Fire Safari: Ponyta, Pyroar, Braixen - 1478-3803-9332
    I have claimed #671, Florges

    *credit to Equal-To-Heaven for the clock

  6. #8581
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Traveling Unova
    Posts
    4,718

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PocketMonstre View Post
    This is actually really troubling to hear that the GAME employees are being so cheap.

    I am going to try and get my Keldeo sometime in the next week or two, and I really hope they don't try to pull anything like this.

    Have there been reports of Gamestop doing this?
    Generally? No. they usually have their distribution DS on the whole time and you do not have to ask for it.. you just go in and download it. But i have ehard in the past of some gamestops doing this,.. but then again.. they will do ANYTHING to try toget preorders as employees have quotas to make with them.


    Take a step and I'm on my way, gonna start all over again,.......again.

  7. #8582
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    3,191

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xX ZeR0 Xx View Post
    Its just a Router to broadcast WiFi Signal...
    There is no need to put a "..." there. I didn't know that and it was a valid question... -.-
    Shiny Pokémon (47)


    Shiny Event Pokémon (11)

  8. #8583
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Temsik Park
    Posts
    5,374

    Default

    I sincerely hope that I don't need to pre-order Black 2, because I'm not actually planning on getting that game anytime soon (I need to buy Miracle Mask first). Last time I went into my local GAME, there weren't any posters up advertising the event, which was last week or so, so I'm crossing my fingers right now.

  9. #8584
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Traveling Unova
    Posts
    4,718

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flame Mistress View Post
    I sincerely hope that I don't need to pre-order Black 2, because I'm not actually planning on getting that game anytime soon (I need to buy Miracle Mask first). Last time I went into my local GAME, there weren't any posters up advertising the event, which was last week or so, so I'm crossing my fingers right now.

    If they do make you first.. tell them you wannaspeak to the manager.. and if the manager decides to be evil about this... call corperate and complain about that store. or get in touch with pokemon international. I posted several links to them on the last page


    Take a step and I'm on my way, gonna start all over again,.......again.

  10. #8585
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Where the wind blows
    Posts
    4,690

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flame Mistress View Post
    I sincerely hope that I don't need to pre-order Black 2, because I'm not actually planning on getting that game anytime soon (I need to buy Miracle Mask first). Last time I went into my local GAME, there weren't any posters up advertising the event, which was last week or so, so I'm crossing my fingers right now.
    If they do say that you have to pre-order then ask to see the manger and if the manger doesn't budge then point out how that no where on the official promotion does it state that Keldeo is a pre-order download and say that if they do not follow these condition stated on the official promotion then you will report them not only to The Pokémon Company International but also to the Advertising Standards Authority and trading standards.

    I would also recommend that you print a page of the official information of the event and take it with you as proof.


    "Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

    Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

    You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

    twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

  11. #8586
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    16,903

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blaze boy View Post
    If they do say that you have to pre-order then ask to see the manger and if the manger doesn't budge then point out how that no where on the official promotion does it state that Keldeo is a pre-order download and say that if they do not follow these condition stated on the official promotion then you will report them not only to The Pokémon Company International but also to the Advertising Standards Authority and trading standards.

    I would also recommend that you print a page of the official information of the event and take it with you as proof.
    Coming from someone who works in retail, telling anyone you'll report them to any sort of agency doesn't get you anywhere. You'll just be laughed at later, so I wouldn't bother. Just go elsewhere.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  12. #8587
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Where the wind blows
    Posts
    4,690

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    Just go elsewhere.
    Ah but here lies the problem, Game/Gamestation closed a lot of their branches after they were brought out so for some people going somewhere else isn't an option.

    We may get laugh at for saying that we will report them but it's a shot worth trying.

    Furthermore since Game/Gamestation say nothing about pre-ordering Black and White 2 in order to download Keldeo but then say that actually you do that is false advertising or a at least a glaring omission of information.

    They should not be allowed to get away with this.

    Hopefully when I go back and get Keldeo I shouldn't run into any trouble.


    "Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

    Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

    You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

    twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

  13. #8588
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Kalos
    Posts
    593

    Default

    Just a quick question about the GAME/gamestation/Gamestop Keldeo-

    Does it have a shiny lock? I believe most mystery gift-delivery man event pokemon do, but I wanted to be sure.

    I also heard a rumor that it is possible to have it shiny, but that its the rarity of a shiny multiplied by itself. So that would be 1/8192 * 1/8192 = 67108864. I am assuming that is false as I cannot see any reason for that.

    Basically- can the event Keldeo be shiny via SRing?


    Kalos Team: Delphox, Florges, Aegislash, Heliolisk, Hawlucha, Avalugg
    Latest Shiny: Helioptile




    Fire Safari: Ponyta, Pyroar, Braixen - 1478-3803-9332
    I have claimed #671, Florges

    *credit to Equal-To-Heaven for the clock

  14. #8589
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    2,865

    Default

    Event Keldeo cannot be shiny.

  15. #8590
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,719

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PocketMonstre View Post
    Just a quick question about the GAME/gamestation/Gamestop Keldeo-

    Does it have a shiny lock? I believe most mystery gift-delivery man event pokemon do, but I wanted to be sure.

    I also heard a rumor that it is possible to have it shiny, but that its the rarity of a shiny multiplied by itself. So that would be 1/8192 * 1/8192 = 67108864. I am assuming that is false as I cannot see any reason for that.

    Basically- can the event Keldeo be shiny via SRing?
    Since Keldeo has a Wonder Card, I'm pretty sure it can't be shiny. And there's no such thing as a shiny that has a rarity of 1/67108864. And even if there was, I would never ever try to SR for it. You'd spend the rest of your life trying to get up to 67 MILLION SRs.

    3DS FC: 5129-1087-8128 Friend Safari: Phanpy, Dugtrio, Diggersby
    IGN: Varanus ~I have officially claimed Chompy!~

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.
    -------

  16. #8591
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    parrish,AL
    Posts
    9,557

    Default

    Event Pokemon cannot be shiny unless they are set to be shiny like a good chunk of the HGSS events. But I'm going to try a different GameStop this weekend and see if I can get my Keldeo.

    Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

  17. #8592
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    2,281

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    Just go elsewhere.
    Or of course you could just trade for them instead of having to report employees or going across town and all that nonsense.
    3DS Friendcode: 5198-2496-8383

  18. #8593
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    parrish,AL
    Posts
    9,557

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by *IZ* View Post
    Or of course you could just trade for them instead of having to report employees or going across town and all that nonsense.
    Hmm report employees or risk getting a hacked pokemon?

    Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

  19. #8594
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Temsik Park
    Posts
    5,374

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by *IZ* View Post
    Or of course you could just trade for them instead of having to report employees or going across town and all that nonsense.
    Which will be pretty hard to do because 1) some of us don't HAVE that many events to trade in the first place and 2) only a handful of people have them, anyway.

  20. #8595
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    spokane, washington
    Posts
    452

    Default

    Just finish DW new dolls have been added with the following:

    Clefairy-Persim 50
    Lapras-Iapapa 50
    Chikorita-Kebia 15
    Noctowl-Aguav 50
    Sudowoodo-Aspear 50
    Aipom-Iapapa 50
    Bonsly-Aspear 50
    Pansear-Persim 50
    Audino-Aguav 50
    Minccino-Persim 50

    Pictures for Proof:
    IMG_0905.jpg
    White FC: 1334 7028 3541
    Black2 FC: 1249 6749 9360
    3DS FC: 1719 4581 9302

  21. #8596
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Atlanta, ga
    Posts
    2

    Default

    I went to GameStop yesterday to get my Keldeo. This was my first event Pokemon so I was trying to download it in the parking lot like everyone said you could. Maybe it's just my store (in GA) but I had to ask an employee and he came out with a dsi so I could get it. He did ask me afterwards if I had preordered BW2, I just lied and said yes to end the sales pitch. It was pretty easy, but I would have rather not spoken to an employee and wait in line to get Keldeo. Maybe they do that to discuss preordering with you? Who knows, I'm just glad to have it.

  22. #8597
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    In England, watching yaoi n_n
    Posts
    2,810

    Default

    Game are still insisting on their Twitter page that every single one of their shops is doing the Keldeo event. I'll see this weekend if that proves to be true...

    My shiny Pokemon pictures ~~ My shiny Pokemon videos
    AC:NL - Helen from Fafner ~~ Dream Address: 7700-3428-6939
    3DS 1 FC: 2208-4574-2359 ~ 3DS 2 FC: 0834-1721-4212
    Newest shiny: Kyurem - 2nd February 2014 (Black 2 - 3329 soft resets)

  23. #8598
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Kalos
    Posts
    593

    Default

    All of this pre-order hassle has me wondering, is pre-ordering worth it? I have pre-ordered some pokemon games in the past, but I usually get them just fine on release day without a pre-order. I live in the U.S and around where I live it was impossible to get Pokemon Conquest if you didn't pre-order it. All of the copies would sell out immediately, not to mention most of them were reserved for pre-orders.

    Is it worth it to pre-order BW2? I don't want to miss out on the game on the release date but to be honest it seems like a waste and the Gamestop employees are so aggressive about pre-orders that it makes me want to buy it somewhere else with no pre-order.


    Kalos Team: Delphox, Florges, Aegislash, Heliolisk, Hawlucha, Avalugg
    Latest Shiny: Helioptile




    Fire Safari: Ponyta, Pyroar, Braixen - 1478-3803-9332
    I have claimed #671, Florges

    *credit to Equal-To-Heaven for the clock

  24. #8599
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Chilling with Xerneas
    Posts
    1,367

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PocketMonstre View Post
    All of this pre-order hassle has me wondering, is pre-ordering worth it? I have pre-ordered some pokemon games in the past, but I usually get them just fine on release day without a pre-order. I live in the U.S and around where I live it was impossible to get Pokemon Conquest if you didn't pre-order it. All of the copies would sell out immediately, not to mention most of them were reserved for pre-orders.

    Is it worth it to pre-order BW2? I don't want to miss out on the game on the release date but to be honest it seems like a waste and the Gamestop employees are so aggressive about pre-orders that it makes me want to buy it somewhere else with no pre-order.
    GAMESTOP always has plenty of copies apart from pre-order's. Well at least here in Texas they do. That's never been an issue, and how are they aggresive? I have 4 within my area and all of them know me and Ive never seen/heard a complaint such as your's.
    Add me on Pokemon X! FC- 2809-9372-1773

    Looking For Shiny Tyrunt!

  25. #8600
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Internets
    Posts
    177

    Default

    Honestly, there's no reason to preorder a main series game. They make plenty of them for release and it's just mainly a false scarcity thing going on there. The ONLY reason anyone should have in doing so is for the free swag they give away upon pick up (or before, when you put down the money on the game)

    Wish they still gave away the figures though. Says the guy with 4 Lugias, 3 Ho-ohs, and 2 Giratina figures

    I put one in at TRU just to be safe because they've constantly had nice things. Gamestop hasn't done anything to my knowledge since Emerald with the Rayquaza tin.

Page 344 of 533 FirstFirst ... 244294334340341342343344345346347348354394444 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •