Page 367 of 533 FirstFirst ... 267317357363364365366367368369370371377417467 ... LastLast
Results 9,151 to 9,175 of 13321

Thread: ~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

Quote Originally Posted by your boss View Post
    Agreed, it still means nothing. There is no credible information that a next gen will arrive.

We got an overdue 3DS changeover which would of course happen through a set of gen VI games, coupled with the fact that gamefreak has had the 3DS devkit in their hands for 3 years...
    We got the last "secret" pokemon Genesect revealed in a rushed manner for some reason, which also opens the question what the next 2 months will reveal regarding the 2013 movie as they always do.

So, nope there is no clear word saying "you will see gen VI soon", even though that seems like the most likely possibility.

Welp, it was nice knowing you Gen V.....

Quote Originally Posted by xXPantheraXx View Post
    Welp, it was nice knowing you Gen V.....
    Okay, again, no, this is alarmist, baseless and overreactive.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    Hardly. All of the facts point towards 6th Gen coming in 2013, as well as new Pokemon being revealed in Movie 16.

- DS is dead, the 3DS has been out for about 2 years now; a main Pokemon game for it is NEEDED for sales.
    - Junichi Masuda appearing sometime in January on Pokemon Smash.
    - Genesect being revealed in July, a year before it stars in its "Own" movie.
    - Gamefreak rushing the release of B2/W2
    - The new Merchandise for Movie 16 covering up Pokemon. NEW Pokemon. They won't be new forms, what games would the forms be on?
    - Best Wishes rushing the whole damn saga, not to mention Genesect will be in Episode N as well.

I'm sure there are more, but if those aren't enough for you then I don't think I need to post them. You'll just find some way to call them baseless.

And the constant need to dismiss peoples speculation/anticipating or whatever it is is boring. Sure, the news thread isn't the place to speculate, but it doesn't mean there needs to be one of a few members constantly shooting down peoples thoughts about the future replying to every post that contains something speculative.

To keep this post on topic, so with there being two "unknown" pieces of merchandise, I'm thinking that one will be some legendary from the past generations while the other will be some random pokémon that will be used as a catalyst for another event in the next spin-off/main series game around that time. Very general I know, but nothing wrong with thinking of the usual!

POKÉMON OMEGA RUBY & APLHA SAPPHIRE
    |
    MEGA EVOLUTION | 0301-9985-7534 | SAM
    Y FRIEND SAFARI: WATER WITH OCTILLERY, WARTORTLE AND AZUMARILL

Panthera makes a few good points. I especially can't disagree with the statement that B2/W2 felt rushed.

Anyways, I like what Ninja-Mage said about integrating Spot Pass and Street Pass into the next game. What other mechanics are you guys looking forward to in the next Pokemon game?

- DS is dead, the 3DS has been out for about 2 years now; a main Pokemon game for it is NEEDED for sales.
    Not "NEEDED" for sales at all. The 3DS is doing beyond fine so far.

- Junichi Masuda appearing sometime in January on Pokemon Smash.
    Yes, and doesn't this turn out to be something completely innocuous a fair portion of the time?

- Gamefreak rushing the release of B2/W2
    Rushing? Does releasing it about four months ahead of where we thought they might really count as rushing?

- The new Merchandise for Movie 16 covering up Pokemon. NEW Pokemon. They won't be new forms, what games would the forms be on?
    Don't these too end up being something reasonably mundane much of the time as well?

- Best Wishes rushing the whole damn saga, not to mention Genesect will be in Episode N as well.
    Okay, but if they're starting a whole new saga right now, doesn't that indicate that they need to fill about a year or more worth of material before they have actual new stuff to work with?

You'll just find some way to call them baseless.
    What you posted is almost entirely circumstantial. Factual, yes, but as much as each of them indicates potential for new material - potential, not guarantee - you seem to be purposely ignoring the fact that nearly all of them entail possibilities, and even more importantly, possibilities with precedent, that don't involve an explosion of new material in 2013. That's the issue here, the leaping endlessly to conclusions and the balking when anyone says "slow your roll, there, pilgrim."

Quote Originally Posted by s2daam View Post
    And the constant need to dismiss peoples speculation/anticipating or whatever it is is boring.
    Well gosh, sorry to bore you.

but it doesn't mean there needs to be one of a few members constantly shooting down peoples thoughts about the future replying to every post that contains something speculative.
    Okay. Does it mean that there needs to be deluges of members speculating endlessly over circumstantial evidence, much less in what is ostensibly a thread that exists to discuss actual news? That would seem to be the crux of your post, that speculating is okay but countering it is not.

-----
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by Agonist View Post
    Good for you.

excuse me...no need to get all sassy I was giving words of advice showing that he could do it.. just like I did.. I was not rubbing it in...
    Last edited by halloweenghost; 28th December 2012 at 3:18 AM.

Take a step and I'm on my way, gonna start all over again,.......again.

Too much hate......Can't we all just be happy?

@BVCM22, there's no need to go crazy because there's a little speculation on the news thread. They're only trying to interpret Masuda's cryptic statement, and if we had it your way, everyone's post would sound like this: "Gamefreak said that they're evolving the world of Pokemon, and I don't know what that means."

That being said, I DO in fact believe Gen VI will be released this upcoming year, maybe not in the beginning, but maybe at the end of the year (Like mid-August to October) so that Episode N can have some breathing room before rushing into Gen 6. Unless they treat Episode N like the Orange Islands and introduce some new Pokemon.

Sorry I'm speculating. This is my prediction of how the year will go.
    - National Pokedex Completion Date- 3/12/13 (Thanks EpiK SauCe!)

FC: 5129-0492-5213

LOOKING FOR: Modest, 4/5 IV from Alpha Sapphire
    PM me for offers!! PLEASE!!

Quote Originally Posted by AmbipomMaster View Post
    and if we had it your way, everyone's post would sound like this: "Gamefreak said that they're evolving the world of Pokemon, and I don't know what that means."
    That's... I'm not even sure what you're getting at here. If I had it may way, everyone would be posting vague unknowns...?

-----
    Words to|live by

That's... I'm not even sure what you're getting at here. If I had it may way, everyone would be posting vague unknowns...?
    He's saying if everyone was like you, then there would be no speculation as nothing would be regarded as evidence. Even Serebii posted that there may be new forms or pokemon in the merchandise. Although I think we won't see a reveal till atleast the last week of January. Oh hey PMD IS being released q1 next year. Looks like I was right.

Soon I'll have you, after years and years XD

Quote Originally Posted by HRRlion View Post
    He's saying if everyone was like you, then there would be no speculation as nothing would be regarded as evidence.
    See, that's not the case at all. Evidence is one thing. We have Masuda making another of his appearances, we have the annual "question mark on a merchandise flyer", fine, whatever. Those are there.

It's the taking of that evidence, ignoring any potential meanings of it aside from the juicy ones, and assuming it to absolutely mean the more spectacular outcomes. Again, that's the issue - the ignoring of the more mundane potential outcomes in favor of what makes for a flashier headline.

-----
    Words to|live by

Yes, this could mean anything. It could mean Gen 6 (which I would quite like), it could mean R/S/E remakes (which I would also quite like, but for some reason can't see happening), it could mean new side game.
    It could also mean a change in graphics, game mechanics, anything!

There are lots of things which point to it being Gen 6, and we can speculate, but we shouldn't get our hopes up - we know what GameFreak are like for tricking many of us into believing a new Pokemon, form, game, or something like that is being released. We shouldn't just shoot down what people think and speculate; we don't know what is going on behind the scenes at GameFreak. But we shouldn't go full-on believing it is something like Gen 6 before we get a definite sign. It is generic, but, you know, I'm just going to go with it.
    Cellular, modular, interactivodular.

Do we have a time for approximately when Junichi Masuda was going to appear on Pokemon Sunday. I know it will be in January, but will it be earlier as opposed to later, or what?

Hoenn has disappointed.

P.S. I get tired of complaints from great games.
    3DS friend code: 2148-8189-4401 (Rock Type) Nosepass/Pupitar/Barbaracle
    Dream Code: 5400-2204-6955

Quote Originally Posted by Psychic Politoed View Post
    Do we have a time for approximately when Junichi Masuda was going to appear on Pokemon Sunday. I know it will be in January, but will it be earlier as opposed to later, or what?
    Can someone source the announcement he would be appearing on the show? I'm not denying the possibility of gen 6 being announced, I'm actually quite for it. I just want all my facts straight when I discuss this with my Pokemon fight club. I mean Pokemon gentlemons group...

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja-Mage View Post
    Can someone source the announcement he would be appearing on the show? I'm not denying the possibility of gen 6 being announced, I'm actually quite for it. I just want all my facts straight when I discuss this with my Pokemon fight club. I mean Pokemon gentlemons group...
    Masuda said it himself on twitter that he was taping an appearance for Pokemon Smash in early December. They usually tape appearances about a month in advance, so I'm betting either the 2nd or 3rd week in January. If there's a new episode tonight, we're likely to get a preview of when he'll be appearing.

So some teaser for an announcement is coming on January 8th. Now, I'm not jumping to conclusions, but is there any chance that the Masuda thing will also be to do with this? Things are looking more and more exciting...

POKÉMON OMEGA RUBY & APLHA SAPPHIRE
    |
    MEGA EVOLUTION | 0301-9985-7534 | SAM
    Y FRIEND SAFARI: WATER WITH OCTILLERY, WARTORTLE AND AZUMARILL

So some teaser for an announcement is coming on January 8th. Now, I'm not jumping to conclusions, but is there any chance that the Masuda thing will also be to do with this? Things are looking more and more exciting...
    Well apparently Masuda is going to be on the Jan 6th episode of Smash, so it would be quite odd to announce new Games 2 days later. Very interesting to say the least, especially since the 8th is a Tuesday.

I've said this so many time, but would they really debut where they're taking the Pokemon franchise on a remake? The 3DS' capabilities are going to change the games in a lot of ways. So I can't imagine them having the first examples of that being on R/S/E remakes/sequels. The next main series game will be a new one. I'm sure we'll get R/S/E remakes/sequels eventually, but they'll be a part of Generation.

I think the announcement is most likely going to be a new Pokemon or two, who will play a role in the next movie. Of course, it will probably just be silhouettes, but that still technically counts. Then around spring/summer, the Generation 6 games will officially be announced; set to release in the fall.

Have they ever announced a new Pokemon like this before though? Seems kind of odd to me.

Have they ever announced a new Pokemon like this before though? Seems kind of odd to me.
    That's usually how they do it. They make ~***BIG ANNOUNCEMENT***~ and it's just a silhouette. Then they officially reveal it a week or two later; after people spend that time over analyzing every curve and potential detail they can to make the silhouette a pre-evolution/evolution of whatever Pokemon they want to see get one. Like, it could just be a box and it's still a Lapras pre-evolution.

Take a look at any pokemon fansites archive when the Zoroark silhouette was revealed.
    EDIT: whoops meant to say that when they do, people will go crazy.
    Last edited by HRRlion; 29th December 2012 at 6:14 PM.

Soon I'll have you, after years and years XD

No I don't think so.

Quote Originally Posted by Manene! View Post
    That's usually how they do it. They make ~***BIG ANNOUNCEMENT***~ and it's just a silhouette. Then they officially reveal it a week or two later; after people spend that time over analyzing every curve and potential detail they can to make the silhouette a pre-evolution/evolution of whatever Pokemon they want to see get one. Like, it could just be a box and it's still a Lapras pre-evolution.
    That reminds me of pre-gen 5, when nobody got the starter types correct.
    Mine is an unchanging love, higher than the heights above, deeper than the depths beneath, free and faithful, strong as death.

William Cowper, "Lovest Thou Me?" Olney Hymns

I choose my words carefully, but they may still hurt someone accidentally...

Marley, Pokemon Diamond and Pearl

And, look you, there is nothing in this thing of learning out of books. Here, here and here (pointing to his ear, his head and his heart) is your school. If everything is right there, then take your pen and down with it; afterward ask the opinion of a man who knows his business.

Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

Images removed for making the signature too tall.

Please let it be a game for the wii u!!!!!!!!
    No ***** game for the 3ds
    or gen 6 if that happens i'm going to dance for an hour on street and screamingokeeemoooonnnn

At the moment number 10 in double battles of the Netherlands.

Page 367 of 533 FirstFirst ... 267317357363364365366367368369370371377417467 ... LastLast